• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I found this one on imgur

It has some believable bits ngl but there is no chance in hell it is real
Vector to the Heavens
CEASE AND DESIST

That being said, a Sakura Wars 1 remake for overseas sounds cool! I just don’t think “Restoration” is a good title. I think a better one would be something like ”Sakura Wars Classic”.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would absolutely KILL for a Famicom Detective Club localization.

I shouldn't get my hopes up but the fact that they haven't spoken about a text-based game like that in over a year makes me think that maybe they're taking so long because of translation and wanting it released worldwide?
I’d hope so. I mean they localized Panel de Pon (text is still in Japanese but hey that’s what YouTube guides are for, and it’s the first time Lip’s actual game was available worldwide)

If PDP happened, FDC can too

Teeb147

Smash Legend
OMG Kirby Fighters 2 leaked, it has abilities and some playable characters, I hope Adeleine is in it. Seriously, for 20$ I expect it to be full of content and a solid game overall; at least all the Dream Friends should be in.

I also hope they will make some nice stages based on iconic locations.
Lol not gonna lie but that would be awesome if it was real :D

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Like I'm not gonna quote every comment after the last one I made, but seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if like half of you didn't even played the game. At least that is what my experience has showed me these last months, half or more of the people I have discussed TLOU2 with on the Internet clearly didn't even played the game. And for the rest, most of these people had very simplistic criticisms that you can apply to any game.

The other day someone here talked about how the negative opinions always seem more powerful (I don't remember the context, only that comment), even if those usually came from the minority. TLOU2 is not really different.
Play the game for yourselves, and don't let clickbait videos/articles or spoiler dramas decide for you.

If we're gonna act like this, we should also say that the game suffered of a hate campaign even before people played the game. Like, is someone gonna actually defend that at the 00:01 on the day the game was released, the game already had A LOT of negative user scores in Metacritic?
Like, seriously. TLOU2 has around 143.000 user "reviews" on Metacritic. That is NOT normal even for a big anticipated AAA game. Examples of why I say this:

• Red Dead 2: 13.800 user scores
  • God of War: 16.000 user scores
  • Breath of the Wild: 15.600 user scores
  • FFVII Remake: 6.300 user scores

The difference is incredibly obvious. Not to say the death threats the VA of a particular character received.

TLOU2 looked great; it was absolutely beautiful, so it deserves nomination in that category. It just doesn't deserve to win in any category because it was trumped by other games that are likely getting nominations.

Looks beautiful, but Ghost of Tsushima & FF7 Remake both look even better

Gameplay is good, but didn't add anything not in previous installment and there were very few new enemies added (again, Ghost of Tsushima & FF7 remake gameplay both trumps it in quality)

Music Score was nothing special; it shouldn't even get a nomination there

Story was absolute hogwash garbage and completely spit on the character personalities already established in the previous game
and actively did everything it could to make you try and hate Ellie, the character you spent the entirety of the previous game with. Tried to make you sympathize and like the new character who F*&%ing murdered Joel, the main you character you followed for the entirety of TLOU1, and, though I already mentioned it, killed Joel in the very beginning of the freakin' game! But it will probably get a nomination, if not a win, because if you didn't like it, you're sexist, racist, neo-nazi garbage and no, nothing about the story is wrong; you're wrong! F*&^ you! According to its supporters.

And I forget what other categories are possible.
I've played the three games you mention and TLOU2 still seems superior to me.

About your spoiler, sorry, but you seem to completely miss the point of the game. I'm not gonna say "you must like it!", of course, and anyone is free to dislike a videogame, that's evident. But I read your spoiler, and in my eyes, it couldn't be more wrong.

The problem is you think they were trying to force the players to hate Ellie, but that's not the case. That's a very simplistic and emotional way to see it.
It might sound like a cliche, but it's more like "the guys you thought were the good ones maybe aren't that good, and the guys you thought were bad, maybe aren't that bad". I can't see why someone can't understand that, regardless of liking or disliking the game.-

I mean, C'MON. The first game had that as well. Or you're gonna say Joel is your usual good guy? Obviously not. The first game literally ends with him killing an entire hospital to rescue Ellie (and destroying any potential cure for the virus), then we saw him lying to her at the end. The game is screaming at you that "people can do horrendous things for love" or that "humans sometimes act like monsters for their own interest".

Joel was gonna die 100% since the day Part II was announced. Or did you expect them to not address what he did in the first one? Of course what he did was going to bite him back eventually. He died, which is evidently a big moment for Ellie and the player, and therefore, we automatically hate Abby and we think she's the villain. In Ellie's eyes? Yes. Videogames usually makes us believe, without even think about it, that everything our character does is morally good, and every questionable act that our protag does can be justified for some reason.
They clearly tried something risky with this. Killing one of the main characters of the game + make the "villain" playable halfway through the game. Which won't like everyone, that's okay.

But it's not trash, sorry. I myself was confused when the game changed to Abby, but ended liking it and seeing why they did this. She's a great character. And if you're gonna say she killed Joel, yeah, but it's not like she killed him because she was bored. Like I said, Joel killed the entire hospital and his father, destroying the Fireflies. He didn't only killed his father, he also destroyed her life, because as we saw in the flashbacks, she was essentially a part of the Fireflies, even if it was because her father was an important man in the organization.

Considering all this, naturally they must have to humanize Abby when you control her. Because the regular player is already familiar with Ellie and loves her from the first game, and the first impression the players gets from Abby isn't very positive. Therefore, it's logical for them to humanize Abby a bit more and depict Ellie a bit crazier (who's btw is basically going through the same Abby was going before she killed Joel) to show us that in the world of TLOU we could hardly say there's "good people" and "bad people".

The game clearly tries some things that aren't very usual in a videogame. Well, at least for AAA games. But seriously, sometimes I believe some folks seemed to expect a Disney happy game, when the first TLOU was already really violent and raw.

PD: I know this is pretty much off topic so I won't continue after this. If someone wants to continue the discussion, we can do it in private, I guess.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Quick, anyone got any leaks? Even blatantly fake ones, at least it’ll give us SOMETHING to talk about that’s on topic
Well, there's this obscure leaker account on Twitter I found, who posted some hints as to who FP7 is going to be. Don't know if you've heard of it, it's called "WarmWomanMotionPicture34", or something like that :4pacman:

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
It's about the story and how moments of gameplay fuel it. Major spoilers for TLOU2 and a warning for description of intense violence and a mention of sexual assault
View attachment 286565
Also I may be misremembering and I hope I am, but I'm pretty sure Abby's sex scene is with a drunk dude so add *ing * to the list of things this 'sympathetic' character does
I find all these criticisms kinda stupid and pathetic to be honest. Like who wrote this stuff was trying to take any possible NORMAL event and see it in a distorted way, so it could be use to criticize the game. I've watched some YT videos from American people who criticized the game and my god... the majority of them were an insult to human intelligence.
I would not discuss about the story or the characters anymore in this thread, but let me at least say one thing:
The game doesn't force you to do anything and above all YOU DON'T HAVE TO SYMPHATIZE OR EVEN EMPHATIZE WITH ABBY. You can enjoy her story without doing that and there's nothing wrong about it.

SKX31

Smash Master
Released, not revealed.

The fusion of Waluigi and Geno, WaluiGeno is our next fighter. Trust my source.
And guess which higher authority WaluiGeno serves?

:4pacman:

didn’t the hollow knight PreMiium mention a specific song? If the costume comes with THAT song, LoL rep is more likely. If it’s a different song then RIP LoL leak
I believe so.

Checks

It was Sealed Vessel.

I'm not sure if it's as obvious as Vector to the Heavens, but the situation is suspicious regardless since the leak relies on that specific song.

Edit: Alerting Wunderwaft since he posted the image to the LoL thread.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

:4pacman:

I believe so.

Checks

It was Sealed Vessel.

I'm not sure if it's as obvious as Vector to the Heavens, but the specific song is suspicious regardless since the leak relies on that specific song.

So basically,
Everybody gangsta until Sealed Vessel starts playing

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
It feels absolutely strange that the LoL leak from way back in April (IIRC) is one of the few ones I can recall that's gotten even a single thing right relatively recently (ToM Spirits)...

...And FTR, I don't trust that one since it's a 4chan leak (as I've made clear in the past, even as I find the leak intriguing due to my fandom. Yes, bias, I'm admitting that.). I'll only trust it if things clearly start moving in that direction (Hollow Knight PreMiium and obviously LoL character).
Pretty much one of the few 4chan "leaks" still standing too, which is really bizarre. But yeah, not getting that costume with CP7 would be as close to a kill switch as you can get.

I believe so.

Checks

It was Sealed Vessel.

I'm not sure if it's as obvious as Vector to the Heavens, but the situation is suspicious regardless since the leak relies on that specific song.

Waluigi fills himself with (Taco) Stand power!

And yeah, to be fair, Sealed Vessel is arguably one of the most iconic songs for that game. Makes sense, but of course, it needs to happen before we can confirm anything.

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
I just realized that I made a mistake and that there's only a difference of 2 skipped news items. I screwed up and forgot to include the news Item about a new Update coming soon. It still adds up to 6 Mii Costumes and something else, though. Min Min had 9 skipped items and had 5 Mii Costumes. We're currently missing 11 items right now. It fits perfectly with a new character with 6 Mii Costumes. The extra skipped item could just be an unrelated thing like an offer for Nintendo Switch Online owners.

As for who it might be, I think the missing Mii Costumes could help narrow it down. There's still 6 missing costumes from Smash 4. Those are Geno, Chocobo, Lloyd, Gilgamesh and two Monster Hunter costumes. Conveniently, Square Enix, Namco and Capcom each own 2 of these costumes.

I think we could get for example a Capcom Rep, let's say Dante, and his Mii Costumes would be something like Vergil, Nero, V, the two Monster Hunter costumes and one of those unrelated Deluxe Mii Costumes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I find all these criticisms kinda stupid and pathetic to be honest. Like who wrote this stuff was trying to take any possible NORMAL event and see it in a distorted way, so it could be use to criticize the game. I've watched some YT videos from American people who criticized the game and my god... the majority of them were an insult to human intelligence.
I would not discuss about the story or the characters anymore in this thread, but let me at least say one thing:
The game doesn't force you to do anything and above all YOU DON'T HAVE TO SYMPHATIZE OR EVEN EMPHATIZE WITH ABBY. You can enjoy her story without doing that and there's nothing wrong about it.
I mean, that's kinda not the case as one of the first things reported on the game when it released was that Naughty Dog saying players won't be forced to kill dogs was a lie as you wouldn't be able to get past certain story points, like if you got to the end of stage in a Sonic game but simply stared at the goal ring for 20 minutes instead of actually touching it
Like I'm not gonna quote every comment after the last one I made, but seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if like half of you didn't even played the game. At least that is what my experience has showed me these last months, half or more of the people I have discussed TLOU2 with on the Internet clearly didn't even played the game. And for the rest, most of these people had very simplistic criticisms that you can apply to any game.

The other day someone here talked about how the negative opinions always seem more powerful (I don't remember the context, only that comment), even if those usually came from the minority. TLOU2 is not really different.
Play the game for yourselves, and don't let clickbait videos/articles or spoiler dramas decide for you.

If we're gonna act like this, we should also say that the game suffered of a hate campaign even before people played the game. Like, is someone gonna actually defend that at the 00:01 on the day the game was released, the game already had A LOT of negative user scores in Metacritic?
Like, seriously. TLOU2 has around 143.000 user "reviews" on Metacritic. That is NOT normal even for a big anticipated AAA game. Examples of why I say this:

• Red Dead 2: 13.800 user scores
  • God of War: 16.000 user scores
  • Breath of the Wild: 15.600 user scores
  • FFVII Remake: 6.300 user scores

The difference is incredibly obvious. Not to say the death threats the VA of a particular character received.

I've played the three games you mention and TLOU2 still seems superior to me.

About your spoiler, sorry, but you seem to completely miss the point of the game. I'm not gonna say "you must like it!", of course, and anyone is free to dislike a videogame, that's evident. But I read your spoiler, and in my eyes, it couldn't be more wrong.

The problem is you think they were trying to force the players to hate Ellie, but that's not the case. That's a very simplistic and emotional way to see it.
It might sound like a cliche, but it's more like "the guys you thought were the good ones maybe aren't that good, and the guys you thought were bad, maybe aren't that bad". I can't see why someone can't understand that, regardless of liking or disliking the game.-

I mean, C'MON. The first game had that as well. Or you're gonna say Joel is your usual good guy? Obviously not. The first game literally ends with him killing an entire hospital to rescue Ellie (and destroying any potential cure for the virus), then we saw him lying to her at the end. The game is screaming at you that "people can do horrendous things for love" or that "humans sometimes act like monsters for their own interest".

Joel was gonna die 100% since the day Part II was announced. Or did you expect them to not address what he did in the first one? Of course what he did was going to bite him back eventually. He died, which is evidently a big moment for Ellie and the player, and therefore, we automatically hate Abby and we think she's the villain. In Ellie's eyes? Yes. Videogames usually makes us believe, without even think about it, that everything our character does is morally good, and every questionable act that our protag does can be justified for some reason.
They clearly tried something risky with this. Killing one of the main characters of the game + make the "villain" playable halfway through the game. Which won't like everyone, that's okay.

But it's not trash, sorry. I myself was confused when the game changed to Abby, but ended liking it and seeing why they did this. She's a great character. And if you're gonna say she killed Joel, yeah, but it's not like she killed him because she was bored. Like I said, Joel killed the entire hospital and his father, destroying the Fireflies. He didn't only killed his father, he also destroyed her life, because as we saw in the flashbacks, she was essentially a part of the Fireflies, even if it was because her father was an important man in the organization.

Considering all this, naturally they must have to humanize Abby when you control her. Because the regular player is already familiar with Ellie and loves her from the first game, and the first impression the players gets from Abby isn't very positive. Therefore, it's logical for them to humanize Abby a bit more and depict Ellie a bit crazier (which is basically going through the same Abby was going before he killed Joel) to show us that in the world of TLOU we could hardly say there's "good people" and "bad people".

The game clearly tries some things that aren't very usual in a videogame. Well, at least for AAA games. But seriously, sometimes I believe some folks seemed to expect a Disney happy game, when the first TLOU was already really violent and raw.

PD: I know this is pretty much off topic so I won't continue after this. If someone wants to continue the discussion, we can do it in private, I guess.
I don't want to get into a whole discussion about all of this but I do want to highlight the Metacritic thing. Gamers are ****ing babies and can and have countered reviewbombing by doing the exact same thing but for positive reviews. See it as a sign that people who actually like the game are more mature in that regard. Hell, SMT Nocturne has a 60% user rating because one person was outraged at Joker getting in Smash that the dumbass reviewbombed every ****ing Megaten game in 'retaliation'

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I mean, that's kinda not the case as one of the first things reported on the game when it released was that Naughty Dog saying players won't be forced to kill dogs was a lie as you wouldn't be able to get past certain story points, like if you got to the end of stage in a Sonic game but simply stared at the goal ring for 20 minutes instead of actually touching it

I don't want to get into a whole discussion about all of this but I do want to highlight the Metacritic thing. Gamers are ****ing babies and can and have countered reviewbombing by doing the exact same thing but for positive reviews. See it as a sign that people who actually like the game are more mature in that regard. Hell, SMT Nocturne has a 60% user rating because one person was outraged at Joker getting in Smash that the dumbass reviewbombed every ****ing Megaten game in 'retaliation'
Didn't Metacritic bomb Astral Chain just because it was Switch exclusive?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Abby may be the most actively disliked character in any piece of media I've ever seen. I've legitimately never seen a sincerely good thing said about her beyond Laura Bailey's performance. I've never even seen someone playing devil's advocate or just being deliberately contrarian to come to her defence.

As such, her getting into Smash would be nothing short of hilarious.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just realized that I made a mistake and that there's only a difference of 2 skipped news items. I screwed up and forgot to include the news Item about a new Update coming soon. It still adds up to 6 Mii Costumes and something else, though. Min Min had 9 skipped items and had 5 Mii Costumes. We're currently missing 11 items right now. It fits perfectly with a new character with 6 Mii Costumes. The extra skipped item could just be an unrelated thing like an offer for Nintendo Switch Online owners.

As for who it might be, I think the missing Mii Costumes could help narrow it down. There's still 6 missing costumes from Smash 4. Those are Geno, Chocobo, Lloyd, Gilgamesh and two Monster Hunter costumes. Conveniently, Square Enix, Namco and Capcom each own 2 of these costumes.

I think we could get for example a Capcom Rep, let's say Dante, and his Mii Costumes would be something like Vergil, Nero, V, the two Monster Hunter costumes and one of those unrelated Deluxe Mii Costumes.
If we get a Namco rep, it’d probably be Yuri Lowell (Tales of Vesperia), Nightmare or someone else from Soul Calibur, a dark souls rep, or (my pipe dream) KOS-MOS. they could bring back Lloyd and Gil’s costumes with that character, as well as costumes of whichever of those four didn’t become playable. Maybe throw in a Klonoa hat too

for Square, I already proposed my Neku idea a few pages back - he’s the playable character, Geno and Chocobo miis return, three new Square costumes and the one indie

D

Deleted member

Quick, anyone got any leaks? Even blatantly fake ones, at least it’ll give us SOMETHING to talk about that’s on topic
I heard of one

The leaker wouldn't provide the name of the character to 'protect their identity', but gave as much as they could:

"Sakurai Presents" will be announced on 9/28 and the date of the presentation itself will be on a 'very spooky day!' The Sakurai presents is being held on Thursday, 10/31; Halloween!

This will be a 'very special' Sakurai Presents because this time, he's not only introducing FP7 to us, but will be showing us a brand new Spirit Event, Tournament, and a very 'spooky surprise'. (Leaker doesn't know the surprise exactly, but has heard it may be something to do with Stage Builder?)

Sakurai will begin like he always does, with the history of the character after introducing them. He's very pleased he had the opportunity to add this character and has been hoping to do so for awhile, but just hasn't been able to get them right in the past.

After exploring the history, Sakurai goes through gameplay with the character, showing off their specials and combos that can be done with them. After that, he moves on to talking about the Stage; why it was chosen and the 'uniqueness' to it. Followed afterwards by music from the series being added and how the development team really had fun bringing new and old classics from this series to the music selection. Sakurai comments that you can really make a 'killer' soundtrack from music in Smash now! (This is apparently a pun for the series the character is from).

Sakurai then apologies for not doing a Classic Run with the character (being a show off like in other presentations) because there's "so much more to show". The next segment is about the Spirit Event 'Running Now!' for Halloween and explains why they wanted to do this. He follows up directly into the Tournament that will be this weekend (even though Halloween will be over by then, its still 'fun to celebrate' he says).

The last part of the video is about the 'spooky surprise', but the leaker couldn't provide anything more than vague hints since it was so tightly under wraps that giving it away could jeopardize them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I heard of one

The leaker wouldn't provide the name of the character to 'protect their identity', but gave as much as they could:

"Sakurai Presents" will be announced on 9/28 and the date of the presentation itself will be on a 'very spooky day!' The Sakurai presents is being held on Thursday, 10/31; Halloween!

This will be a 'very special' Sakurai Presents because this time, he's not only introducing FP7 to us, but will be showing us a brand new Spirit Event, Tournament, and a very 'spooky surprise'. (Leaker doesn't know the surprise exactly, but has heard it may be something to do with Stage Builder?)

Sakurai will begin like he always does, with the history of the character after introducing them. He's very pleased he had the opportunity to add this character and has been hoping to do so for awhile, but just hasn't been able to get them right in the past.

After exploring the history, Sakurai goes through gameplay with the character, showing off their specials and combos that can be done with them. After that, he moves on to talking about the Stage; why it was chosen and the 'uniqueness' to it. Followed afterwards by music from the series being added and how the development team really had fun bringing new and old classics from this series to the music selection. Sakurai comments that you can really make a 'killer' soundtrack from music in Smash now! (This is apparently a pun for the series the character is from).

Sakurai then apologies for not doing a Classic Run with the character (being a show off like in other presentations) because there's "so much more to show". The next segment is about the Spirit Event 'Running Now!' for Halloween and explains why they wanted to do this. He follows up directly into the Tournament that will be this weekend (even though Halloween will be over by then, its still 'fun to celebrate' he says).

The last part of the video is about the 'spooky surprise', but the leaker couldn't provide anything more than vague hints since it was so tightly under wraps that giving it away could jeopardize them.
The spooky surprise is Sakurai executing the leaker live on camera

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yup. Expecting Metacritic user reviews to be mature in any given situation is like expecting a Nintendo game to get a price drop
Man, I must say, users don't know how to review games properly; but you all probably knew that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't know if it's been posted or not, but Delzethin Delzethin uploaded his predictions for Challenger Pack #7:
As always, his videos are really well thought-out and put together, so you should definitely give them a watch!
Posted a while back, and honestly, I sleep. All of them are pretty much “safe picks” like Geno or “flavor of the week” characters like Monster Hunter. It’s even gotten to a point where Rex is considered a “safe pick”

I wish people would be more daring and risky with their predictions. Neku? Elma? A League of Legends character? NOW you’re thinking outside the box!

that’s why I found the LoL leak so interesting, it’s something nobody expects, but given Sakurai let another one of Tencent’s subsidies in (Terry from SNK) I can KIND OF see this happening, and League helped establish the esports scene so yeah

D

Deleted member

Posted a while back, and honestly, I sleep. All of them are pretty much “safe picks” like Geno or “flavor of the week” characters like Monster Hunter. It’s even gotten to a point where Rex is considered a “safe pick”

I wish people would be more daring and risky with their predictions. Neku? Elma? A League of Legends character? NOW you’re thinking outside the box!

that’s why I found the LoL leak so interesting, it’s something nobody expects, but given Sakurai let another one of Tencent’s subsidies in (Terry from SNK) I can KIND OF see this happening, and League helped establish the esports scene so yeah
No love for my leak hinting at a character from Killer Instinct? Boo.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I don't know if it's been posted or not, but Delzethin Delzethin uploaded his predictions for Challenger Pack #7:
As always, his videos are really well thought-out and put together, so you should definitely give them a watch!
Personally if I had to guess who FP7 was, here would be my top guesses rn.

• Crash
  • Geno
  • Dante
Part of this is I expect a bigger character due to them likely having been at E3 had there been no Covid. I expect something on the bigger side.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

I'm personally curious on where Reimu would sit. Has she been discussed too much to stand out, or is she considered unlikely enough to escape the "safe pick" limbo? I think she counts as a more risky character, but I'm the idiot who gives Isaac a down air semi-tether and Phosphora a momentum gimmick for no real reason, so what do I know? :drshrug:
I'm also interested in how long a character has to be discussed for them to no longer be "flavor-of-the-week." Do we need a month? Two months? Half a year? How long do we have to discuss Monster Hunter before they become a mainstay?

SKX31

Smash Master
Alarm bells go off.

Rie, SNK is not under Tencent. They're under another Chinese video game company (37 Games, mobile / broswer dev) primarily.

I used to believe that Hong Kong based Leyou (those who own Digital Extremes, aka. Warframe) also owned SNK together with 37. That's why I initially thought that when Tencent were about to buy Leyou (as they recently did), they'd also get SNK. But Zhuge confirmed nope. Further down the twitter thread:

"There was a press notification that Leyou's intention of buying Ledo Millennium & at the same time Ledo will buy SNK. I think people misunderstood this."

Leyou did not go through with buying Ledo, nor did they SNK.

Ledo's underneath 37 Games, BTW.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm personally curious on where Reimu would sit. Has she been discussed too much to stand out, or is she considered unlikely enough to escape the "safe pick" limbo? I think she counts as a more risky character, but I'm the idiot who gives Isaac a down air semi-tether and Phosphora a momentum gimmick for no real reason, so what do I know? :drshrug:
I'm also interested in how long a character has to be discussed for them to no longer be "flavor-of-the-week." Do we need a month? Two months? Half a year? How long do we have to discuss Monster Hunter before they become a mainstay?
Every week ad nauseam. :4pacman:

Ryu: Bro its just fighter mario
Ken: Bro its just blonde ryu
Terry: Bro its just hat ken
Axel: Bro its just hobo Terry

I think part of why I want Axel is just to see all the ppl who dont play other games continue this cycle
TBH, I kind of understood the Terry-Ken comparison, but that's because gameplay-wise Terry is essentially a modified shoto. Then he came out and actually played differently, so that concern of him being too similar faded pretty quickly.

Axel is just visually similar. It's not like he has a projectile fireball or auto-turnaround. He'd be a neat addition. I would prefer his new look, though. I just feel like it has more character.
I think the whole flavor of the week thing has more to do with people expecting Monster Hunter now and not later when it would make more sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom