• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKX31

Smash Master
I heard of one

The leaker wouldn't provide the name of the character to 'protect their identity', but gave as much as they could:

"Sakurai Presents" will be announced on 9/28 and the date of the presentation itself will be on a 'very spooky day!' The Sakurai presents is being held on Thursday, 10/31; Halloween!

This will be a 'very special' Sakurai Presents because this time, he's not only introducing FP7 to us, but will be showing us a brand new Spirit Event, Tournament, and a very 'spooky surprise'. (Leaker doesn't know the surprise exactly, but has heard it may be something to do with Stage Builder?)

Sakurai will begin like he always does, with the history of the character after introducing them. He's very pleased he had the opportunity to add this character and has been hoping to do so for awhile, but just hasn't been able to get them right in the past.

After exploring the history, Sakurai goes through gameplay with the character, showing off their specials and combos that can be done with them. After that, he moves on to talking about the Stage; why it was chosen and the 'uniqueness' to it. Followed afterwards by music from the series being added and how the development team really had fun bringing new and old classics from this series to the music selection. Sakurai comments that you can really make a 'killer' soundtrack from music in Smash now! (This is apparently a pun for the series the character is from).

Sakurai then apologies for not doing a Classic Run with the character (being a show off like in other presentations) because there's "so much more to show". The next segment is about the Spirit Event 'Running Now!' for Halloween and explains why they wanted to do this. He follows up directly into the Tournament that will be this weekend (even though Halloween will be over by then, its still 'fun to celebrate' he says).

The last part of the video is about the 'spooky surprise', but the leaker couldn't provide anything more than vague hints since it was so tightly under wraps that giving it away could jeopardize them.
The spooky surprise is Sakurai executing the leaker live on camera
You know, I can guess what the spooky surprise really is:

The Hero of Time's so glitchy in both OoT and Melee that (he has one of the OoT glitches in Melee too, I won't spoil which) - I suspect - he caused the Zelda timeline to split by himself. Would explain the "Link Dies" timeline.

:4pacman:

Lmao you said it deserves technical awards and didn't bring up the realistic garden hose physics or whatever it was. That ****'s genuinely mindboggling like Yakuza 7's bread physics
Yakuza 7 had dumb bread physics?

Now I'm genuinely intrigued, what would happen in case Kiryu makes it into Smash with said physics?

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Now I'm genuinely intrigued, what would happen in case Kiryu makes it into Smash with said physics?
Unfortunately, food in Smash Bros are just really high quality .pngs of food.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know, I can guess what the spooky surprise really is:

The Hero of Time's so glitchy in both OoT and Melee that - I suspect - he caused the Zelda timeline to split by himself. Would explain the "Link Dies" timeline.

:4pacman:

Kiryu's not the one who ate it though so it would be wildly inaccurate
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Clearly the solution is to have Hero eat bread when onscreen with Kiryu

Shroob

Sup?
So, there's rumors of a 6 Mii Costume drop?

And the leading theory seems to be that it'll bring back 2 veteran costumes from Smash 4 since Capcom, Namco and SE are all missing 2?

I don't need to explain why that's bad for a certain fanbase if Square gets the spot, according to this train of thought, right?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

And the leading theory seems to be that it'll bring back 2 veteran costumes from Smash 4 since Capcom, Namco and SE are all missing 2?

I don't need to explain why that's bad for a certain fanbase if Square gets the spot, according to this train of thought, right?
Damn, sora stay losin

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Okay.

He's like Min Min, but a heavyweight.

(It's a One Piece reference; he's part of a group called CP7)

As for the Last of Us 2 talk, I haven't played either game in the series (though I'm aware of the LoU2 controversy to some extent), but it seems like it would be better suited for a social thread or a PlayStation thread.
God damn it, should've at least been Rob Lucci.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Wait who's the second Capcom one? I count Chocobo, Gil, Lloyd, Puppet Lad and Monster Hunter

PacificFun

Smash Ace

Lara Croft CP7 will come with Geno, 2B and Chocobo Mii costumes.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

The next Mii costume drop is going to be so interesting yet so scary for a multitude of characters.

Gosh, I hope SO bad Lloyd's costume doesn't come back...

I.D.

Smash Lord

It could be, could be something else. Example:

This was classified as "news" (indicated by the number 2 in the pic's filename) and it dropped with the Banjo batch of news.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord

When you think about it, the 2 from Caocom are from the same game so them returning in one pack would make a lot of sense.
Edit: :ultgreninja:d

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It wouldn't surprise me actually.

Especially given how high she was rated on the RTC thread and being next in line after Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest or something around those lines.

Then watch as the salt gathers those crying for Sora for that matter.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
It wouldn't surprise me actually.

Especially given how high she was rated on the RTC thread and being next in line after Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest or something around those lines.

Then watch as the salt gathers those crying for Sora for that matter.
Well Tomb Raider is the third and final "pillar" of Square Enix (like Mario, Pokemon and Zelda). I don't know how Sora fans could be angry. He's Disney property.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I don't know if it's been posted or not, but @Delzethin uploaded his predictions for Challenger Pack #7:
As always, his videos are really well thought-out and put together, so you should definitely give them a watch!
Sorry! I already posted it here but nobody seemed to pay attention to it.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I could really go for some of that .png pizza right about now.

Bravely Default CP7 and Geno Mii costume, let's gooooooooo

I.D.

Smash Lord
By the way, the last time this happened, the picture contest results also dropped on a Wednesday, 9 days later the presentation was announced, 3 days later (12 after the contest results) we got the presentation.

If history repeats itself it will mean the presentation will be announced on Friday, October 2nd and we'll get the presentation on the 5th.

HOWEVER, there's something strange about that. The 7-11 ads go down on the 4th. Are they waiting for that on purpose? Characters like Hero and Banjo had their presentation while the ads were up.

There's also something different about the current picture contest results site this time.

In the one before Min Min, the filenames of the pictures are just simple numbers indicating their order.

However in this one, the filenames are labeled as if they were just pulled straight from the news site. Are these pictures closer to dropping on the news site relative to the previous contest?

Based on those two things, I think it could happen a week earlier. In which case, the presentation would be announced this Friday and the presentation would happen on Monday.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
By the way, the last time this happened, the picture contest results also dropped on a Wednesday, 9 days later the presentation was announced, 3 days later (12 after the contest results) we got the presentation.

If history repeats itself it will mean the presentation will be announced on Friday, October 2nd and we'll get the presentation on the 5th.

HOWEVER, there's something strange about that. The 7-11 ads go down on the 4th. Are they waiting for that on purpose? Characters like Hero and Banjo had their presentation while the ads were up.

There's also something different about the current picture contest results site this time.

In the one before Min Min, the filenames of the pictures are just simple numbers indicating their order.

However in this one, the filenames are labeled as if they were just pulled straight from the news site. Are these pictures closer to dropping on the news site relative to the previous contest?

Based on those two things, I think it could happen a week earlier. In which case, the presentation would be announced this Friday and the presentation would happen on Monday.
That would line up with the Amiibo theory ****, if nothing else.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
So the Sakurai presents would be announced this Friday. Then, it would be shown off next Monday. And then CP7 would launch on October 5th, giving the dev team a week (like Min Min and Byleth) to polish things up.

Just in time for the 7-11 advertisement to be updated.

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I heard of one

The leaker wouldn't provide the name of the character to 'protect their identity', but gave as much as they could:

"Sakurai Presents" will be announced on 9/28 and the date of the presentation itself will be on a 'very spooky day!' The Sakurai presents is being held on Thursday, 10/31; Halloween!

This will be a 'very special' Sakurai Presents because this time, he's not only introducing FP7 to us, but will be showing us a brand new Spirit Event, Tournament, and a very 'spooky surprise'. (Leaker doesn't know the surprise exactly, but has heard it may be something to do with Stage Builder?)

Sakurai will begin like he always does, with the history of the character after introducing them. He's very pleased he had the opportunity to add this character and has been hoping to do so for awhile, but just hasn't been able to get them right in the past.

After exploring the history, Sakurai goes through gameplay with the character, showing off their specials and combos that can be done with them. After that, he moves on to talking about the Stage; why it was chosen and the 'uniqueness' to it. Followed afterwards by music from the series being added and how the development team really had fun bringing new and old classics from this series to the music selection. Sakurai comments that you can really make a 'killer' soundtrack from music in Smash now! (This is apparently a pun for the series the character is from).

Sakurai then apologies for not doing a Classic Run with the character (being a show off like in other presentations) because there's "so much more to show". The next segment is about the Spirit Event 'Running Now!' for Halloween and explains why they wanted to do this. He follows up directly into the Tournament that will be this weekend (even though Halloween will be over by then, its still 'fun to celebrate' he says).

The last part of the video is about the 'spooky surprise', but the leaker couldn't provide anything more than vague hints since it was so tightly under wraps that giving it away could jeopardize them.
A Killer Instinct character would be amazing. Who were you thinking of here, Saberwulf or Spinal? I imagine Fulgore would be the pick if we actually got a KI character though.

I could really go for some of that .png pizza right about now.

Bravely Default CP7 and Geno Mii costume, let's gooooooooo
scoffs in 2B Fan

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Why does that cherry pie look so good? Dang it, now I want cherry pie.

Anyways, Mii costumes are always a highlight for me, so while the potential deconfirms are a little scary, I can't wait to see who our next PreMiium costume is. Personally, I'm feeling Hollow Knight.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It seems to be real, it apparently got leaked by Nintendo themselves, there was the game's icon too.
I don't know how this would affect character speculation though, I somehow think it decreases the chance of getting any Kirby character in the real Smash since now they're playable in their clone spin-off. (if the game is good I'm fine with this anyway).
Well more attention in both means more sales for both games, so I think it could still happen :)
Though I'm still iffy on if it's real or not. A kirby fighting game? Like I would loove that.

Anybody have links for this leak?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
An announcement on the 25th... with a reveal on the 28th... what else is on the 25th...

A whole weekend for the League guessing game, let's goooo! :4pacman:

Shroob

Sup?
Well more attention in both means more sales for both games, so I think it could still happen :)
Though I'm still iffy on if it's real or not. A kirby fighting game? Like I would loove that.

Anybody have links for this leak?
It's not a fighting game. it's a sequel to that spin off boss battle game on the 3DS.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Oh and in case people forgot the first week of September we had a skipped tournament event which at this point is almost no doubt the accompanying tournament of the next character, which would mean Sakurai and his team were counting on having them released by early September.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
It's not a fighting game. it's a sequel to that spin off boss battle game on the 3DS.
it is a fighting game though

i'm assuming you're talking about kirby clash which already has a sequel on the switch. but there was ANOTHER kirby spin-off game on the 3ds called kirby fighters which was a fighting game and that's what this is a sequel to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom