• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nintendo took down the whole site to hide it, but people like Sourcegaming and Gamexplain made vids on it.

Thanks for updating me :p, I didnt see the gameexplain video.

it is a fighting game though

i'm assuming you're talking about kirby clash which already has a sequel on the switch. but there was ANOTHER kirby spin-off game on the 3ds called kirby fighters which was a fighting game and that's what this is a sequel to
See I got them confused too. I actually didn't play the first kirby fighters I guess, there's so many little mini games.

D

Deleted member

A Killer Instinct character would be amazing. Who were you thinking of here, Saberwulf or Spinal? I imagine Fulgore would be the pick if we actually got a KI character though.

scoffs in 2B Fan
Either Black Orchid or Jago actually. They’re what the series continuity considers to be the ‘protagonists’. May not be the most flashy, but they’ll do

Last edited by a moderator:

SKX31

Smash Master
Why does that cherry pie look so good? Dang it, now I want cherry pie.

Anyways, Mii costumes are always a highlight for me, so while the potential deconfirms are a little scary, I can't wait to see who our next PreMiium costume is. Personally, I'm feeling Hollow Knight.
Wouldn't surprise me honestly if it is Hollow Knight. Although it's really difficult to call: not only since there are a lot of potential options, but also since several remaining Mii costumes could be reworked into PreMiium (and I'm not just thinking that Geno's could be reworked - Chocobo and the MH costumes could also hypotheoretically be reworked and have a song follow along).

An announcement on the 25th... with a reveal on the 28th... what else is on the 25th...

A whole weekend for the League guessing game, let's goooo! :4pacman:
Screams internally while I see a massive deluge of Chinese and Korean words. Arguing over eerily similar stuff as we do.

It would sound something like this:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Really wanna hope for Friday for an announcement but don't want to end up disappointed, keeping expectations in check and still expecting next week.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh and in case people forgot the first week of September we had a skipped tournament event which at this point is almost no doubt the accompanying tournament of the next character, which would mean Sakurai and his team were counting on having them released by early September.
This seems to link up with what NateDrake said about things being rescheduled last minute, making everything at Nintendo one big mess right now.

I've used this image before, but if I may again, Nintendo's marketing departments this year seem to be summed up as so:

At least we still managed to get some good games this year, though. :p

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Oh and in case people forgot the first week of September we had a skipped tournament event which at this point is almost no doubt the accompanying tournament of the next character, which would mean Sakurai and his team were counting on having them released by early September.
This would line up with speculation that a Smash reveal being selectively placed for its own week after all the time sensitive announcements (Mario 35, Partner Directs, & Hyrule Warriors II) were taken care of first.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I said the REAL FP7!
View attachment 286582
...perfection.
Neku:

only in one game
is only a single person
can't preform electrical attacks via the two magnets on the side of his head
does not emit a powerful magnetic force that is fatal to mechanical devices, which as a result does not make large cities sound sirens to warn citizens of this person

Magneton:

-In every Pokemon game since 1996
-Is a three in one combo!
-can preform electrical attacks via the two magnets on the sides of their heads.
-emits a powerful magnetic force that is fatal to mechanical devices, which as a result causes large cities sound sirens to warn citizens of large-scale outbreaks of this Pokémon.

I think the choice is obvious

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So everything seems to be looming closer and closer to finality.

The question is.... when.

Everyone's gonna be on pins and needles come Friday and the entirety of next week.
You might have longer to wait lol. I think it could take all the way to mid october. Or at least, that's how I'm setting myself, so I dont feel impatient :p

Shroob

Sup?
You might have longer to wait lol. I think it could take all the way to mid october. Or at least, that's how I'm setting myself, so I dont feel impatient :p
It very well could, but now with not only the 7-11 Ad, but also the apparent finding in regards to notifications, things are finally looking up.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It very well could, but now with not only the 7-11 Ad, but also the apparent finding in regards to notifications, things are finally looking up.
Eh, and ad is just an ad. But I havent heard about any notifications. Either way the sooner it shows up, the more I can rest XD

Shroob

Sup?
Eh, and ad is just an ad. But I havent heard about any notifications. Either way the sooner it shows up, the more I can rest XD
I mean, you can't really say "An ad is just an ad" when it's the same thing that happened throughout the first fighter's pass.
What's this about notifications?
It's that pop-up thing, the pop ups that happen in game that we've been talking about.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I mean, you can't really say "An ad is just an ad" when it's the same thing that happened throughout the first fighter's pass.

It's that pop-up thing, the pop ups that happen in game that we've been talking about.
Sometimes companies just stop an ad at a certain time. But sure.. can add to the weight of it being soon.

So, uhh.. did a pop up have anything interesting?

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
fighter pass 2 came out 8 months ago
And I don't regret spending mah hard-earned $30 on it at all.

We already got wonderful shenaningas involving people being denied the ledge constantly.

I think you answered your own question...
Why would one be dissapointed by Knack?

Especially after the gold-plated Toblerone got this Mastahpiece:

MooMew64

What about tomorrow? That's also an option.
Nintendo doesn't really announce things super far out. Longest they usually go is maybe three or so days away from announcements, and they typically don't do streams on the weekend, so only hope for news this week is if they announce a stream for Monday on Friday IMO.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Is it the back up your replays thing or something else?

Shroob

Sup?
Sometimes companies just stop an ad at a certain time. But sure.. can add to the weight of it being soon.

So, uhh.. did a pop up have anything interesting?
Tl:dr

The little news website in game that has info in regards to new content has a massive gap in its listings, like, 9 items worth of gap iirc(Or, was it 11)?

Basically, we've skipped the character and gotten something that was supposed to come out after them.

MooMew64

The little news website in game that has info in regards to new content has a massive gap in its listings, like, 9 items worth of gap iirc(Or, was it 11)?

Basically, we've skipped the character and gotten something that was supposed to come out after them.
You think develpoment's been delayed, or is it Nintendo marketing making them hold onto the patch? TBH, I'm kind of feeling the latter.

Shroob

Sup?
You think develpoment's been delayed, or is it Nintendo marketing making them hold onto the patch? TBH, I'm kind of feeling the latter.
At this point, the latter. There's just no way they've been working on this character all month and not moved onto CP8/9 at this point.

With how slow Nintendo's news stream is, and the fact we've already seen them hold back stuff for a looooong time, like the Mario direct, CP7 has probably been done and ready to release for awhile if I had to guess.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Ok thx. It reminds me of something.. when we looked at update listings for the smash site and some numbers were skipped. It didn't end up meaning much, but I don't know how it is in this case. Wouldnt surprise me if they did skip the character, with how they're changing things around due to the lockdown. Hopefully they don't make us wait too much longer XD

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

So we can assume based on Min min's Pack.

Ver 9.0.0
CP7 available
Mii Costume 1
Mii Costume 2
Mii Costume 3
Mii Costume 4
Mii Costume 5
Mii Costume 6
Character themed tourney

I'm assuming there's a link to the Smash news file numbering?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Ok thx. It reminds me of something.. when we looked at update listings for the smash site and some numbers were skipped. It didn't end up meaning much, but I don't know how it is in this case. Wouldnt surprise me if they did skip the character, with how they're changing things around due to the lockdown. Hopefully they don't make us wait too much longer XD
To be fair, those were only 1-3 gaps wide, and probably just filler items/things we had seen in a prior direct.

We're missing like, 9-11 items, which yeah, that's pretty suspicious.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
To be fair, those were only 1-3 gaps wide, and probably just filler items/things we had seen in a prior direct.

We're missing like, 9-11 items, which yeah, that's pretty suspicious.
Ok. That could be good, or not, depending on how long they push it back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom