• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
What's up with Smash fans and looking too deep into clouds

I remember a similar situation with Rayman in K Rool's trailer lol
View attachment 286594
Some people like to look too hard into things and also think Sakurai is a master troll who leaves a trail of breadcrumbs for us to find.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Oh god, the cloud thing? That was the most hilarious consiracy theory at the time. XD

SKX31

Smash Master
It'd be like if Brawl Meta Knight just disappeared into thin air; There's other powerful characters, but nobody has the same kind of meta-changing infamy.
You say that...

You've never seen the horrors of this:

And Diddy and Olimar were almost-broken-tier in that game too I'd argue (Diddy had the best shield plus could pressure people to oblivion with 2 banana peels active at the same time - oh and a Banana Peel infinite too. Olimar could just spam with his 6 Pikmin and had really fast attacks. No wonder Sakurai and co. limited things to 1 peel and 3 Pikmin respectively.).

(But yeah, on the whole I do agree.)

Shut up shut up, they're absolutely hints. I won't have it anny other way
View attachment 286595
Anyday now...
Flashbacks to the Isaac Rathalos thing.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Shut up shut up, they're absolutely hints. I won't have it anny other way
View attachment 286595
Nintendo fans dont digest much Japanese media despite playing japanese games so when they see the typical "japanese dad sitting on the floor watching tv while scratching his ass" you usually see in sitcoms or cartoons shows they think it means something else entirely.

You dont how many times I had to tell pokemon fans that Orbeetle is a ****ing gundam reference despite how obvious it is.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
"Waluigi chairs" is still one of my personal favorite conspiracy theories.

I remember a fake leak supposedly being a screenshot of the the next direct or whatever and it was a photoshopped image of Sakurai in a new room

They replicated the chairs thing with blue & yellow pillows in the background possibly trying to insinuate a certain wooden puppet

It was the funniest thing lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will say, that stage where Sakurai showed a witch was a nice hint towards :ultbanjokazooie:.

Also remember when Sakurai made a "3" in binary, and that was a hint towards :ultbylethf:?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
And a bunch of memes from that era wouldn't fly nowadays.
Not only offensive memes, but also memes that didn't follow a template wouldn't fly nowadays. Really all from 2007 that'd survive if it was created today is Demotivational Posters and considering it's still around, Rickroll. Maybe Lolcats as well, but it'd be worded differently and involve dogs more?

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Regardless of whether the leak/rumor of the 6 mii costumes turns out to be true. I fully expect speculation to take a turn due to a mii costume/costumes in the next DLC.

So far as other have said, we are missing 6 mii costumes, and every wave typically has 1-2 mii returning mii costumes.

Joker: Tails and Knuckles (wave of 6)
Hero: None (exception) (wave of 4)
Banjo: Proto-man and Zero (wave of 5)
Terry: Jacky and Akira (wave of 5)
Byleth: X and Megaman.EXE (wave of 5)
Min Min: Heihachi (wave of 5)

So currently we are missing 6 costumes which are:

• Chocobo (Square)
  • Geno (Square)
  • Lloyd (Namco)
  • Gil (Namco)
  • Rathalos outfit (Capcom)
  • Hunter outfit (Capcom)

Of note, Geno, Lloyd, and Monster Hunter all have a good bit of discussion in speculation. So unless we get another "exception" like Hero's wave, we can expect at least 1 of these 6 costumes to return in some way. Geno, Lloyd, and Hunter as said previously, would probably the biggest storm in speculation/controversy; as all three of them are decently requested. Monster Hunter costumes returning would also throw a loop in the "perceived" chances for someone like Dante (unless the costumes come with him, of course), as people will bring up the point of why they didn't save them for a Capcom wave. Likewise, Gil and Chocobo returning would also hurt the communities perceived chances for Geno/Square or Lloyd/Namco (Heihachi kinda did hurt already) showing up in the pass.

I know some people are expecting all 6 of these to be shown of in the next presentation, which while I think is unlikely is still within the realm of possibility (still unlikely though). Though the chances of getting 1-2 of these is super likely, and unless there is an exception, I know a lot of expectations about the next 4 characters will change. So I fully expect speculation to be kind of wild/toxic after the next reveal (which to be fair, it always is).

TL;DR; Expect a lot of fan-favorites/"expected" to take a hit because of the costumes in the next reveal.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The Namco and Capcom costumes don’t HAVE to come with a Namco or Capcom rep I feel. We got I think Proto Man’s costume with Terry? And Heihachi’s with Min Min.

the Square ones tho? WITH a Square character, no exceptions. Geno and Chocobo came with Cloud in 4, were absent from Hero’s wave cause they wanted to push DQ. in a way I feel this soft confirms Square Enix double dipping

this is how Neku can still win

Droodle

Smash Lord
The Namco and Capcom costumes don’t HAVE to come with a Namco or Capcom rep I feel. We got I think Proto Man’s costume with Terry? And Heihachi’s with Min Min.

the Square ones tho? WITH a Square character, no exceptions. Geno and Chocobo came with Cloud in 4, were absent from Hero’s wave cause they wanted to push DQ. in a way I feel this soft confirms Square Enix double dipping

Yeah, but if lets say Gil comes without Lloyd, or Monster Hunter returns. A good chunk of the community will still take that as a deconfirmation of Lloyd/other Bamco reps, or Dante/other Capcom reps. Obviously, it's not as hard a disconfirmation as those characters themselves getting costumed, but nonetheless a good chunk of people will assume that they aren't happening.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

That's not how you spell Edea. :4pacman:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
You say that...

You've never seen the horrors of this:

And Diddy and Olimar were almost-broken-tier in that game too I'd argue (Diddy had the best shield plus could pressure people to oblivion with 2 banana peels active at the same time - oh and a Banana Peel infinite too. Olimar could just spam with his 6 Pikmin and had really fast attacks. No wonder Sakurai and co. limited things to 1 peel and 3 Pikmin respectively.).

(But yeah, on the whole I do agree.)
Holy ****erolli I have gravely underestimated the Ice Climbers
This is not okay
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HolyRichter.png

Droodle

Smash Lord
the mii costumes could just not come back tbh
Always a possibility, but I don't see it happening. Maybe Chocobo or Geno won't return due to licensing with Square being annoying (I don't want the Geno talks to continue till 11 though), but I think Monster Hunter and Lloyd/Gil have a pretty good chance of returning, unless they specifically get promoted.

They bothered with negotiating all the Megaman costumes to return in FP 1, I don't know why they wouldn't do that for Hunter (again if they do not become a fighter). Capcom is pretty relax with rights, and MH is already represented in some form. And MH is a ridiculously popular seires.

And Namco helps develop the game, not to mention that Heihachi came last wave. So I can't imagine why they would leave out Lloyd/Gil.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, but if lets say Gil comes without Lloyd, or Monster Hunter returns. A good chunk of the community will still take that as a deconfirmation of Lloyd/other Bamco reps, or Dante/other Capcom reps. Obviously, it's not as hard a disconfirmation as those characters themselves getting costumed, but nonetheless a good chunk of people will assume that they aren't happening.
If that was the case I think they’d have thought a Capcom rep was out when the first few MM costumes returns + Namco out when Heihachi’s returned

but yeah if Hunter or Lloyd is revealed first as costumes then rip those two getting new reps

Droodle

Smash Lord
If that was the case I think they’d have thought a Capcom rep was out when the first few MM costumes returns + Namco out when Heihachi’s returned

but yeah if Hunter or Lloyd is revealed first as costumes then rip those two getting new reps
Capcom has the excuse of having too many costumes as DLC though, which is the problem. So if a Capcom character did come and those Megaman mii costumes didn't return, we'd have a wave of 10 or so mii costumes added all at once; unless they completely ignore the series that gets a fighter in terms of mii costumes (So Hunter would just come with their 2 costumes, and 4 MegaMan costumes; and someone like Dante wouldn't come with any costumes).

Namco did take a hit, but I think there is still some hope for a Namco character (due to people just expecting the developers to get another character); but if Gil comes I imagine a ton of people will think Lloyd is also getting costumes or just straight up dead.

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
Why does that cherry pie look so good? Dang it, now I want cherry pie.

Anyways, Mii costumes are always a highlight for me, so while the potential deconfirms are a little scary, I can't wait to see who our next PreMiium costume is. Personally, I'm feeling Hollow Knight.
IDK who it will be but I know who it SHOULD be.

Cadence

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
And now literally all three of those characters are actually in Smash now.

Clearly, that guy was actually a fortune teller.
Funny how they also slowly made it in one at a time with every passing Smash game. :toonlink::4bowserjr::ultridley:

I made sure to have a battle between these three on a Brawl stage as soon as I had the opportunity to back around when Ultimate came out.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Here's what I think the ramifications of any of these costumes returning are:
  • Chocobo Hat: Nothing. We weren't getting another Final Fantasy character anyhow.
  • Geno Hat & Geno Outfit: Geno is disconfirmed. Not an unexpected outcome.
  • Lloyd Wig & Lloyd Outfit: All of the Tales of candidates are disconfirmed unless the set comes with one. Bandai Namco's possible candidates are reduced to someone from SoulCalibur, and Dark Souls. Both less likely, but not nowhere near impossible. EDIT: Again, assuming the costume doesn't come with a Tales of character.
  • Gil's Helmet & Gil's Armour: Nothing. The Tower of Druaga costume was pretty random to begin with. I don't think it would get a character here.
  • Rathalos Helm & Rathalos Mail, and Hunter's Helm & Hunter's Mail: A Capcom character is as good as disconfirmed. Monster Hunter is by far the most appealing option from the company to Nintendo right now, and I highly doubt we'll get a Capcom character if it isn't from Monster Hunter.
    • I don't expect to see it in this wave though. It will probably be in Wave 8 if at all.

That is actually how you spell "Y'shtola"
Y'shtola...Y'shtola...Where have I heard that name before?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Cat Girl from FFXIV She was in Dissidia I would murder for FFXIV Music in Smash
Ah! Right. I played a bit of Final Fantasy XVI: A Realm Reborn, but it had so many ideas that I thought would be amazing rather than just "meh" if taken just a little further so I couldn't really enjoy it. The slow and clunky global cooldown system didn't help either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom