• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
wow a sega character and 6 sega mii costumes to celebrate their 60th?

thank you sakurai!
I feel like this is the only acceptable option:

(that's not true - I'm sure there are tons of great Sega characters, with Kiryu coming to mind - but Segata Sanshiro would be great)

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
So, if Geno were to be included, what would be the next long standing request the Smash fanbase really behind?

I'm gonna say Isaac.
I would say Isaac or Waluigi, but some people think they're already deconfirmed thanks to the Assist Trophies, so they might not be seen as illegible for being Geno's successor (Unless, of course, Geno's Mii is unveiled with a former AT).

Isaac's got one of the largest support threads here after Geno, but from my experience, they're pretty chill. Mostly expressing optimism towards the potential Golden Sun remake, which is heavily strengthened by the trademark that was turned down twice before it was finally approved. If Isaac's hype train starts building steam again, I wonder if we'll become a bit more rowdy as people start flocking to his thread.

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Friggin, the more I think about it the more I think Crewmate/Impostor would be a legit good choice for Smash.

Like, especially the Impostor. The ability to sabotage and make things easier for yourself in particular draws me to this. Turning off the lights everywhere except near you? Disabling ledges for other players? Placing a vent on the ground and then teleporting to it with your up special? A Final Smash where you cause the reactor on the Skeld to explode?

All of these sound really cool. Now there's just two problems; one, what do you do for Spirits, and two, what do you do for Music?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Alright, it's time to place your bets! Pick up to 3 of the picks that you think are most likely, and predict their Mii Costumes. Example:
Rex & Pyra/Mythra:
  1. Zeke Wig & Zeke Outfit (Swordfighter)
  2. Torra Hat (All)
  3. Morag's Hat & Morag's Outfit (Swordfighter)
  4. Lora Wig & Lora Outfit (Brawler)
  5. Lloyd Wig & Lloyd Outfit (Swordfighter)
  6. Gil's Helmet & Gil's Armour (Swordfighter)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So, if Geno were to be included, what would be the next long standing request the Smash fanbase really behind?

I'm gonna say Isaac.
Yeah it'd probably be Isaac and Waluigi - though Waluigi has the benefit of also being favoured among the more casual.

So in terms of a request that's mostly contained to within the online fanbase, like those previous, it'd be Isaac.

And of course, both are currently suffering from people discounting their popularity due to it being temporarily culled by their AT roles.

I would say Isaac or Waluigi, but some people think they're already deconfirmed thanks to the Assist Trophies, so they might not be seen as illegible for being Geno's successor (Unless, of course, Geno's Mii is unveiled with a former AT).

Isaac's got one of the largest support threads here after Geno, but from my experience, they're pretty chill. Mostly expressing optimism towards the potential Golden Sun remake, which is heavily strengthened by the trademark that was turned down twice before it was finally approved. If Isaac's hype train starts building steam again, I wonder if we'll become a but more rowdy as people start flocking to his thread.
No fanbase is best represented by what happens after they're widely believed to be out of the running.

It's the same mistake as gauging demand post-deconfirmation, when people conclude that no AT characters are "really that popular". Well yeah, they've all been made ATs and their fanbases have subdued because of it.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The Tower of Druaga costume was pretty random to begin with.
Not if you're Japanese. It was much more beloved over there than in the West due to how, in the West, the amount of socialization required to beat it was foreign outside of when fighting games were big and people would talk about special move inputs and Sheng Longs and Ermacs and such.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
No fanbase is best represented by what happens after they're widely believed to be out of the running.

It's the same mistake as gauging demand post-deconfirmation, when people conclude that no AT characters are "really that popular". Well yeah, they've all been made ATs and their fanbases have subdued because of it.
Lyn community the INSTANT they start showing Assist Trophies at E3 2018:
lyn I sleep.jpg

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah it'd probably be Isaac and Waluigi - though Waluigi has the benefit of also being favoured among the more casual.

So in terms of a request that's mostly contained to within the online fanbase, like those previous, it'd be Isaac.

And of course, both are currently suffering from people discounting their popularity due to it being temporarily culled by their AT roles.

Yeah, Isaac is obviously more popular than he appears at the moment. I'm just not sure if he'd have as many people rallying behind him in a post-Geno world because I'm not sure how many people think he'd be possible, and therefore, worth rallying behind.

But eh. I don't think we'll get another character in the same vein as Geno; Not in terms of infamy and thread-domination, at least.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Crash really didn't get that notable of demand until post-ballot, when his series starting picking up again.

So in the grand scheme of things, it's not that longstanding.
Yeah, The more I think about Crash was more popular outside of the internet

If I had to pick a longstanding one from the internet... Probably Waluigi

Personally I haven't heard much Isaac support outside of SB at least

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, Isaac is obviously more popular than he appears at the moment. I'm just not sure if he'd have as many people rallying behind him in a post-Geno world because I'm not sure how many people think he'd be possible, and therefore, worth rallying behind.

But eh. I don't think we'll get another character in the same vein as Geno; Not in terms of infamy and thread-domination, at least.
It depends how post in a post-Geno world.

If GS does get revived, or if another AT get upgraded, it'll happen this game. If neither of those things comes to fruition, it'll happen next.

Yeah, The more I think about Crash was more popular outside of the internet

If I had to pick a longstanding one from the internet... Probably Waluigi

Personally I haven't heard much Isaac support outside of SB at least
Depends when you were looking. He was quite popular before he was AT'd.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alright, it's time to place your bets! Pick up to 3 of the picks that you think are most likely, and predict their Mii Costumes. Example:
Rex & Pyra/Mythra:
  1. Zeke Wig & Zeke Outfit (Swordfighter)
  2. Torra Hat (All)
  3. Morag's Hat & Morag's Outfit (Swordfighter)
  4. Lora Wig & Lora Outfit (Brawler)
  5. Lloyd Wig & Lloyd Outfit (Swordfighter)
  6. Gil's Helmet & Gil's Armour (Swordfighter)
Ryu Hayabusa

1. Kasumi (Dead or Alive) (likely her DOA6 costume) (brawler)
2. Linkle (Hyrule Warriors) (gunner? maybe brawler would work better)
3. Volga (Hyrule Warriors) (brawler)
4. William (Nioh) (swordfighter)
5. Rowan (Fire Emblem Warriors) (swordfighter)
6. Lianna (Fire Emblem Warriors) (swordfighter)

Geno

1. Chocobo (Final Fantasy) (hat)
2. Mallow (hat)
3. Emil (Nier) (swordfighter - uses a staff like Viridi) (maybe he comes with a song from Nier Automata, like this one)
4. Fawful (gunner)
5. Tifa (brawler)
6. Sephiroth (with One Winged Angel) (swordfighter)

Master Chief

1. the Arbiter (swordfighter)
2. Rash (Battletoads) (brawler)
3. Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark) (gunner)
4. Mumbo Jumbo (swordfighter)
5. Fulgore (Killer Instinct) (brawler)
6. Ori (with Restoring the Light, Facing the Dark) (swordfighter)

I'm leaving out Double Fine and Bethesda characters from Master Chief's Mii costumes, since I don't know when those deals, or a hypothetical Smash deal, would have went through. I felt bad about making Conker and 2B as Mii costumes, so I left them out.

I'm not overly familiar with Koei-Tecmo's line-up, and I feel like I should have tried to balance out the costumes more (I feel like I barely included any brawlers, and included a bunch of swordfighters).

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
isaac is an assist trophy and so is waluigi

theyre not getting in and i think springman not being chosen but min min instead just cements that so i think being super vocal about them wont do any good for ultimate
Did you forget WHY EXACTLY Min Min was chosen? Never mind, this is the Smash community, I know the answer already.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Did you forget WHY EXACTLY Min Min was chosen? Never mind, this is the Smash community, I know the answer already.
its over. Sometimes we just gotta move on

i wanted ashley extremely badly but she ended up AT'd

Sometimes we gotta let go even if its hard

Shroob

Sup?
While true, the more characters we go, the less and less likely it's going to seem.

If we're on like, speculation for FP10 sometime next year, how confident will people still be that "It could happen" if the last 4 weren't?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
its over. Sometimes we just gotta move on

i wanted ashley extremely badly but she ended up AT'd

Sometimes we gotta let go even if its hard
Those that didn't move on were the ones that actually got rewarded with their characters. Even if they weren't DLC.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It had nothing to do with Spring Man's Assist Trophy status though. Since it was never mentioned, it's reasonable to assume the policies they have set about it are still in place.

Those that didn't move on were the ones that actually got rewarded with their characters. Even if they weren't DLC.
Of course you can still want them. You just have to know that you won't get them in this game.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You just have to know that you won't get them in this game.
You know who else didn't think they would get a character in this game? ARMS fans. This is no different regardless of how spoiled Smash fans are by the lack of AT promotions.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If nothing else, I feel incredibly confident that assist upgrades are not happening this game.

Unless the heavens open up for Waluigi of all characters, if I were a betting man, I'd put all my Vegas money on "No".
Well, Smash fans can never guess things correctly, so...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You know who else didn't think they would get a character in this game? ARMS fans. This is no different regardless of how spoiled Smash fans are by the lack of AT promotions.
Min Min is a very special case, and ARMS fans can thank their lucky stars for that. Even so, she wasn't an Assist Trophy, she was unlikely for other reasons. If you wanted Spring Man specifically, then sorry, you were always out of luck. The same applies to all Assist Trophy characters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash fans claiming CP7's reveal trailer confirms that their most wanted is getting in for CP8:

Shroob

Sup?
Well, Smash fans can never guess things correctly, so...
We can hope, but at the moment, there's zero precedence for it.

Could we get a MinMin situation? Sure, I accept that.

But as it stands, I'm not counting on it, and I seriously doubt our next couple reveals could be one either.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I don't think we are getting a Min Min situation again. My gut is telling me that.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Min Min is a very special case, and ARMS fans can thank their lucky stars for that. Even so, she wasn't an Assist Trophy, she was unlikely for other reasons. If you wanted Spring Man specifically, then sorry, you were always out of luck. The same applies to all Assist Trophy characters.
You and Perkilator are seriously asking to get blown away by a challenger pack that's an upgraded assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom