• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Can't wait for the ****storm when TLOU2 inventively wins GOTY

Abby 4 Smash?
We don't even know the nominees abd people have already accused the jury of being bribed...

I hope the presentation itself is at least somewhat enjoyable this time. Not asking for a Smash reveal or anything, but DEFINETLY not more Need For Speed shovelware.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Having played Dark Souls for the past week, I’m not entirely sure what they would do in Smash or how they’d stand out.

Like it’s a great game and I’m enjoying myself. Solaire would potentially be a hilarious pick. I’m just not quite sure how the gameplay of Dark Souls really transitions to Smash.

I could definitely see a Solaire Mii Swordfighter though.
Simple. Every time you punish an opponent, thousands of angry dweebs appear on screen and yell GIT GUD until the match is over

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I was actually just going to post about this. Major props to @pinshadow. I've also been checking the Smash Bros website, but I would have never thought to look at Nintendo's Japanese site.

For those confused about what this means, it basically means that we're really close to a new character reveal and that it most likely will have 6 Mii Costumes to go along with it.

The exact same thing happened with Min Min 11 days before she got revealed. The only thing different is that there's 3 more skipped news items compared to that time. Two of them are most likely Mii Costumes, while the other one could be anything, really.
People will now start to talk about which characters could bring 6 Mii Costumes.

Abby 4 Smash?
Any game winning GOTY will generate a ****storm because a lot of gamers (I really don't like this word lol) are pretty much childish and can't accept that their favorite game hasn't won.

I mean 2018 was pretty ridiculous thanks to the God of War vs Red Dead 2 wars that flooded Twitter. This year will probably be either Cyberpunk or TLOU2 I guess. Personally Last of Us 2 is easily my GOTY so far, but I don't really care about awards, they're entertaining to watch and it's cool to see awards and all of that, but in the end, it's not like these awards are the absolute truth.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
People will now start to talk about which characters could bring 6 Mii Costumes.

Any game winning GOTY will generate a ****storm because a lot of gamers (I really don't like this word lol) are pretty much childish and can't accept that their favorite game hasn't won.

I mean 2018 was pretty ridiculous thanks to the God of War vs Red Dead 2 wars that flooded Twitter. This year will probably be either Cyberpunk or TLOU2 I guess. Personally Last of Us 2 is easily my GOTY so far, but I don't really care about awards, they're entertaining to watch and it's cool to see awards and all of that, but in the end, it's not like these awards are the absolute truth.
I thought every character brought six. Or has it been mostly five with a few exceptions?

SKX31

Smash Master
When Mario was ballin' in the same game as LeBron James* instead of the White Mage:

*He joined the NBA in 2003, and Street Vol. 3 came out a couple years later. So yes.

Wait that game came out?
It's coming out on PS4, Windows and Xbone 19th November (coincidentally the day before my birtday, funnily enough.) So yeah, it has a shot at TGA.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Usually five costumes, with the exception of Joker (six) and Hero (four).
in that case let me go with my most likely 6-costume pack character prediction

Character: Neku Sakuraba (The World Ends With You)
Mii Costumes:
Full body (regular): Sho Minamimoto (Brawler), Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII (Swordfighter), 2B from NieR Automata (Swordfighter) - 3 total
Full body (PreMiium): Geno (Gunner, comes with Beware the Forest’s Mushrooms), Hollow Knight (Swordfighter, idc what song. Maybe the one in the LoL leak so the LoL character appears later in the pass) - 2 total
Hats: Chocobo - 1 total
Combined total: 6

boom. 5 Square Enix costumes, 1 indie

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
WOOF, would that be one controversial win. Heck, it being nominated for GOTY or even Narrative will get plenty of controversy.

I hope FFVII Remake gets nominated for GOTY, though.
It deserves to be nominated. It's not like it's a bad game or anything like that.
And the game's narrative is fine so the game being nominated to best narrative would be understandable.

I mean, I know some people would scream because they're angry even if TLOU2 was nominated to, idk, something stupid like best game that came out in June 19th. But these people not liking the game doesn't actually mean the game was bad, like, AT ALL. I can't think of many games this generation that are really good in practically every aspect like this one.

Wait that game came out?
Not yet. November 19th. I don't know if the game will be eligible because usually the deadline for the Game Awards is around mid November, so maybe Cyberpunk will have to wait for 2021.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It deserves to be nominated. It's not like it's a bad game or anything like that.
And the game's narrative is fine so the game being nominated to best narrative would be understandable.

I mean, I know some people would scream because they're angry even if TLOU2 was nominated to, idk, something stupid like best game that came out in June 19th. But these people not liking the game doesn't actually mean the game was bad, like, AT ALL. I can't think of many games this generation that are really good in practically every aspect like this one.

Not yet. November 19th. I don't know if the game will be eligible because usually the deadline for the Game Awards is around mid November, so maybe Cyberpunk will have to wait for 2021.
I mean, considering TLOU2 uses cheap manipulation tactics I'd argue that criticism's justified, though at the same time who the **** cares about arbitrary awards, Gamers are waaaaay too obsessed with **** measuring contests

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Has this been posted here?

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Pinshadow, the hero we need, but not the one we deserve.

Abby 4 Smash?
Oh god, I thought the game was only decent, but yeah if it wins (which it likely will) its gonna be a ****storm for sure.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
rip your faith in humanity then
There is literally no chance that TLOU II: Electric Boogaloo doesn't get nominated
Hope you're right.

Maneater on the other hand though at least earns a nomination! :grin: Best game of this year!
That's what pushes it over the edge for you?
Its called a figure of speech. Of course, it wouldn't but I would be baffled.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
That's what pushes it over the edge for you?
I mean, I don't know if I would necessarily lose my faith in humanity... but I would at least be pretty disappointed if a sequel game that takes a giant **** on its predecessor and the people who liked said predecessor ends up getting rewarded for it.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
As far as GOTY, I think these are givens:

Ghost of Tsushima
The Last of Us II
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Animal Crossing
Cyberpunk 2077

Then throw in one or two more to round out the list.
Hm...If they do the medley thing again it would be very amusing to watch them try and transition from a Final Fantasy VII Remake's almost metal music to Animal Crossing: New Horizon's laid back theme. lol

D

Deleted member

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but are there any revolutionary Smash characters? What I mean is that characters that give off "REVOLUTION!" vibes.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom