• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New York/New York City Power Rankings 2.25.2007

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I don't care about my own placing in the rankings because I suck. All I care about is Warrior Knight placing somewhere in the top 3 and my other fellow KF members placing high as well.

The Bino

Smash Lord
There was a local Poughkeepsie Tourney yesterday and BAR RuBar and BarBino attended it... it was held at Vassar College wit some *F* uped rules, no where near real rules.

1 - RuBar
3 - BarBino
15 - BAR (Dude is slacking)

And this was a single elimination tourney.. if ya don't believe me then *F* yall lol but im serious, this should be added into the rankings no matter if it was a local tourney or not

phish-it

Smash Champion
Yeah Barbino, If I hold a FFA tournament in school and defeat all the n00bs there will I move up in the rankings?

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
There was a local Poughkeepsie Tourney yesterday and BAR RuBar and BarBino attended it... it was held at Vassar College wit some *F* uped rules, no where near real rules.

1 - RuBar
3 - BarBino

And this was a single elimination tourney.. if ya don't believe me then *F* yall lol but im serious, this should be added into the rankings no matter if it was a local tourney or not
i heard u lost to troy........wasnt he like the worst one in ya crew lol.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I won like 5 or 6 Elmsford tournaments in a row before they were promoted on Smashboards. I basically just plowed through 5 newbs then LIBF every time. So, does that mean I deserve to be really high up in the rankings?:laugh:

Bailey

Smash Hero

1 - RuBar
3 - BarBino

Dude if anything this tournament takes away from the rankings that you palce at.

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
i heard u lost to troy........wasnt he like the worst one in ya crew lol.
hahahaha....what? lol did you talk to WoZ yet and even if you didn't I'm sure it's ok to show the community the rankings now since even after you talk to WoZ we're only gonna show them the same thing just way later....

The Bino

Smash Lord
Dude if anything this tournament takes away from the rankings that you palce at.
Actually this wouldn't co*k licker, just cuz i went to a tourney and placed high, while you go to local tourney's all the time and yet ur higher then RuBar BAR and BarBino... come on man stop being a homo and be quiet.... all i was doing was saying that we went to a local tourney and stated that we placed so and so

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
good job on the list it still has debatable points but what doesnt these days... this list seems very acurate in my opinion. good job.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok here is how it works it is Phish-it's idea. Each panelist (in this case 6) make their list. Then for numba 1 gets (10) 2 gets (9) and so on. Then they combine all the lists and then they put it in order from greatest to last.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
ireally dont want controversy but how is alejandro lower than kfox and ace if he places better than them at like every tourney he goes to with them?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
maybe becuase he gets easier brackets or something, but i think im better even though were 1-1 in tourney. and that one time he beat me in tourney was that laggy *** tv at parallax.

no offense alejandro, im sure we'll fight again in tourney.
at parallax? you guys played on one of the 2 non lag tvs in the classic corner.

and hax-ace marth-dav3 and some other ppl isnt the easiest bracket in the world imo

but whatever

Ryan-K

Smash Master
ok then just outta curiosity like WK asked where do the points come from? there should probly be an explanation at the front post

also for clarity i think we should have a kind of point system for each tourney bcuz first at some small **** obv. wont matter as much as first at like zenith or gauntlet or something

mood4food77

Smash Hero
bailey did pretty well in a tournament recently, getting second in it, losing to PC (i think it was in white plains), but also, bailey is not including the stupid weekly toywiz tournaments that have a whole bunch of noobs, no, he's only doing the ones that matter, you're tournament, barbino, as you said, had f'd up rules, so therefore it shouldn't be counted cause it wasn't a real tourney

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
Rofl I dont care about this ranking thing, I already said take me off and put ryan k at my spot since he should be all the way up there anyway.

Ryan = Too Good

The Bino

Smash Lord
bailey did pretty well in a tournament recently, getting second in it, losing to PC (i think it was in white plains), but also, bailey is not including the stupid weekly toywiz tournaments that have a whole bunch of noobs, no, he's only doing the ones that matter, you're tournament, barbino, as you said, had f'd up rules, so therefore it shouldn't be counted cause it wasn't a real tourney
Listen M4FD, when I TALK TO YOU you will know that.... i was talking directly to Bailey not you... stop defending someone because he is his own person and can defend himself... Give me details when where and who attended the tourney's, i konw of tourney's that Bailey's gone to and placed high, lack of skill, the tourney i went to on Saturday, huge lack of skill... aight well ill admit since this $hit is basically off of placings he's gonna place higher than me, cuz he's been in the tourney scene more than i have, meaning the last tourney that i went to was The Zenith 2 in October, and before that I went to MLG and Gauntlet, where i didn't see Bailey hit up Zenith 2 nor MLG NY Playoffs... but he was at Gauntlet, and was eliminated b4 me, so he's hit up LOCAL TOURNAMENTS i haven't so he's been getting recognition because he's placing well with a lack of skill at the tourney's he goes to...

And im tired of being THE ONLY PERSON ON THE BOARDS WHO SPEAKS HIS MIND, and yet ppl hate the fact that i speak my mind without caring about others feelings, I ain't got time to worry about certain ppls feelings this is the real world that we living in, majority of the ppl here have lived a very sheltered life, so they ain't used to ppl speaking their mind, if you don't like the fact that i speak my mind just accept the fact the fact that i say what i want when i want and i ain't gonna try to protect ppls feelings... hate it or love it that's just the way the world is and get used to it..... now the question is who here is gonna run to a Mod and report me again...

Bailey

Smash Hero
Listen M4FD, when I TALK TO YOU you will know that.... i was talking directly to Bailey not you... stop defending someone because he is his own person and can defend himself... Give me details when where and who attended the tourney's, i konw of tourney's that Bailey's gone to and placed high, lack of skill, the tourney i went to on Saturday, huge lack of skill... aight well ill admit since this $hit is basically off of placings he's gonna place higher than me, cuz he's been in the tourney scene more than i have, meaning the last tourney that i went to was The Zenith 2 in October, and before that I went to MLG and Gauntlet, where i didn't see Bailey hit up Zenith 2 nor MLG NY Playoffs... but he was at Gauntlet, and was eliminated b4 me, so he's hit up LOCAL TOURNAMENTS i haven't so he's been getting recognition because he's placing well with a lack of skill at the tourney's he goes to...

And im tired of being THE ONLY PERSON ON THE BOARDS WHO SPEAKS HIS MIND, and yet ppl hate the fact that i speak my mind without caring about others feelings, I ain't got time to worry about certain ppls feelings this is the real world that we living in, majority of the ppl here have lived a very sheltered life, so they ain't used to ppl speaking their mind, if you don't like the fact that i speak my mind just accept the fact the fact that i say what i want when i want and i ain't gonna try to protect ppls feelings... hate it or love it that's just the way the world is and get used to it..... now the question is who here is gonna run to a Mod and report me again...
Yea M4FD I can defend myself it is cool. Yes I attend local tournaments that have low skill but that is because I need money to enter the real ones also I couldn't hit up a lot of tournaments earlier in the year because I got caught up with stuff and stopped playing for awhile. Also if BarBino traveled to tournaments more then no doubt he would be higher then me I suxzorz at this game anywayz.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i never defended bailey (at least i don't think i did), i jsut stated that he did well in a tournament recently, and did very well on PC i heard, just complimenting him, don't know if it was big enough to take into account

barbino, relax, you jump down someone's throat whenever someone says something different from what you want to hear, relax, your little tourney that you got 3rd in won't count

based on teh tournaments that i've been to in which both of you were in it, i think each time bailey placed higher..but that was like, 2 or 3 of them...

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I like BarBino, hes entertaining

Bailey is good, very good infact however he should be hitting more major tornys before getting such a high ranking, I love Storms but same goes for him, just my 2 cents its all good though.

Zeke_

Smash Journeyman
And i was just wonderin if any of the panelist voted for me at all?
I did well at the last bi weekly.

and btw nice sig EEvisu

phish-it

Smash Champion
Then where are the 11-20 on the NYC list, and when is the discussion/ranking for the rest of NY going to begin.

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
oh boy with this point system, I'm gonna have to start getting noticed and beat ppl better than me in tourney.

Sol

Smash Lord
yeah everyone in ny want to do better in tourneys cause of these rankings, it's awesome....I wonder if i'll move up?

Top Bottom