• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New York/New York City Power Rankings 2.25.2007

Bailey

Smash Hero
The New York Power Rankings shall be divided into Two lists. NYC and the Rest of NY. The NYC list is Smashers in NYC and Long Island. The Rest of NY is the Rest of NY. We based the list on Tournament Placings and Skill mainly the placings though that is why there might be some contraversy in the lists. Panelists for NYC KillaFox, Alex Strife, Ace Marth.... Panelist for Rest of NY: PC Chris, Phish-it, Sol, Bailey and Zala

NYC+LI
1)Bum- 57 points
2)Wes- 54 points
3)WarriorKnight- 51 points
4)Ace_Marth- 39 points
5)KillaFox- 32 points

6)Dire- 31 points
7)Alejandro_P- 27 points
8)DJ Nintendo- 22 points
9) Tag- 7 points
10) Starz- 4 points

The Rest of NY
1) PC Chris
2) Tetra
3) Sol
4) Reject
5) Phish-it

6) Kip
7) Ky
8) Bailey
9) N64
10) Pika Pika

HONARABLE MENTIONS:
BAR, RuBar, BarBino, Mood4.....(NO), LIBF, Nintendude, Samus Explorer, Coinchaser, Sock Ninja, Chunk a Monk, Lean, Jesus, and H8TR, and ever N00b that is making us better by taking there cash thanks guys.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
It's being worked on slowly. State power rankings can be done by whoever though. I wouldn't mind seeing how the NY guys rank each other though. Your state's rep is AnthrunZala iirc, and I'm not sure how much experience he has with the people in the community, so definitely talk with him about in-state ranking.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Actually, I completely forgot that individual states can have rankings. I think NY should have them too, being that there is a fair sum of competition in the empire state.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah plus i rarely if ever see any discussion about NY players although i predict pc wes tetra and maybe sol ky etc on it :d

ihatethecape

Smash Ace
Yea I thought since there seems to be no activity about the NY Power Rankings why not make one. But I need smart Panelists to disscuss the whole thing so PM me about your backround and I will let everyone know the panelists.
nice sig lol.

Sol

Smash Lord
I can be a panilist but if it's all of ny we cant forget the guys in western ny

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I would like to be a panalist...i know almost everyone in nyc and i know where everyone stands:) in my opinion at least i hsould be:)

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok I think that Alex you would def be a good panelist. Also guys PM me info about your backround so we can make this really fair. I would like at least one panelist from each part of ny.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
unless alejandro p was less busy somehow or was up to it but i would recommend him but until then i would say the next best candidate would be alex(lightxdream) for LI since you said you needed someone from each region and I think he has enough experience with the main ppl from our region

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Thanks for considering the forgotten corner of the world (a.k.a. Western NY), Sol. ^_^

To be honest, not many of us would make the rankings, anyway. In all fairness, though, this region should still be considered for those who might take an interest in this list.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
No offense to you WNY guys, but I don't think you should be included. Just about nobody from southern NY faces people from WNY, so how do you compare the players? I think that this would be much more accurate if it was just for NYC and the counties just north of it.

If you guys from WNY want to get involved with Power Rankings make your own. California does the same thing (SoCal / NorCal rankings) so I don't think it would be a problem.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Sorry Nintendude, but that's not how it works. We can't exclude a part of NY simply because they don't get to play with each other. When you do a ranking for the state, it needs to include everything in that area.

If WNY never plays any of the other players, then it's something that can't be helped. However, that's no reason to exclude them from participating.

The only other way is to split up New York into different regions. However, there are certain requirements that need to be met in order for that to happen.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well like i said i can vouch for LI, NYC, and some of upper NY...again...if not me then i suggest Ace.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
I think I should vouch for LI and NYC, I pretty much taught everyone on LI something in one shape or form and I know and watch many of the players at typical NY tournaments. I've gone to quite a few tournaments and have done alright, and I know how to be humble which I think is an important factor when making a power ranking.

To be honest, I was actually ranking players in my head while I was at work today.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Well, for the most part, you have:

NYC
LI
Western NY
Up State
and Lower State (Between NYC and Upstate)

Or you can mix them together to form something like:

NYC + LI
Up state + lower state
Western NY

Or even....

NYC + LI + Lower state

Upstate + Western NY

Mario Moonshine

Smash Journeyman
I'm from Western New York, and I think I have a fairly good idea as far as the skill levels of the players around here go. Would it be possible for me to be on the panel?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
NYC + LI
Up state + lower state
Western NY
I'd have to agree with this one, because LI doesn't have a whole lot of -active- smashers, and it merges well with the huge abundance of them in NYC

upper and lower is good i think, although WNY is kind of a small region when looking at active smashers, isn't it? Oh well i think this one is best anyway.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Where would the boundary between upstate and lowerstate be? Maybe Ulster county would be the northernmost part of lowerstate?

Also, I think it should be LI, NYC, and lowerstate for one region, and WNY and upstate for the 2nd region. People from lowerstate face NYC smashers all the time so you can't really separate them.

As for panelists for the LI/NYC/lowerstate region, I would suggest lightxdream and maybe Tetra, since he seems to be at a ton of tourneys. Maybe one of the AvalanchE guys would be good too.

Dreamerboi

Smash Rookie
the city should be recongized on the ranking becasue we got so many ssbm players( which i am one ) and we'er in the city how much prove is that

shboke

Smash Journeyman
nintendude how about reconsidering ur idea about us from WNY, sure im not good but some of us are, i think moonshine should be panelist for WNY

EEvisu

Smash Lord
P.C. Chris who? WES what?

G.Money/G.Fizzle for top player, that guy was a legend!!!!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
nintendude how about reconsidering ur idea about us from WNY, sure im not good but some of us are, i think moonshine should be panelist for WNY
I never once mentioned the skill of WNY players. I was simply stating that you can't have accurate state power rankings when the state is so big that certain sections are isolated. In this case, WNY is pretty isolated from southern NY. If you can prove otherwise then I'll reconsider my opinion.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea, he could barely beat me, and i suck

M4FD for last among advanced players?

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok long story short I need people because I only got Ace Marth to PM me your backround and why should you be a panleist come on people.

Top Bottom