• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New York/New York City Power Rankings 2.25.2007

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
ok first off guys.. wes is not the second best in ny... sorry to burst your bubble but bum is better. also dave is right up there with him so dont assume wes will be #2. to me state rankings are poorly accurate at best. since someone might do well nationally with a type of style but does bad locally cause everyone know his style. i want to see how this list looks though and see what you guys come up with.

1. pc
2. bum
3. wes
4. dave
5. tetra
6. dire

thats the basics of what you need. but i want to see what you all come up with like i said.

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
ok first off guys.. wes is not the second best in ny... sorry to burst your bubble but bum is better. also dave is right up there with him so dont assume wes will be #2. to me state rankings are poorly accurate at best. since someone might do well nationally with a type of style but does bad locally cause everyone know his style. i want to see how this list looks though and see what you guys come up with.

1. pc
2. bum
3. wes
4. dave
5. tetra
6. dire

thats the basics of what you need. but i want to see what you all come up with like i said.
btw dav3 lives in NJ.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
i dont know. i am not a panalist and i dont want to be one for state rankings cause they are forever changing at any moment and are never accurate. why is it never accurate, come on if inui was from ny he would be ranked like 6th or higher. he is consistant and he beats a lot of good people. but people wont put him up that high cause they hate his guts. so the list to me will be inaccurate. thats why i cant wait to see how this list turns out. also i was up at the battle for western ny. (i placed basically where i should have. i could have placed higher but no johns i just didnt do my best and have to accept it.) anyway there was some good players up there. though comp did win N64 was there and this one samus player up there did pretty well. also a couple of people got taken out by comp who would have placed higher and since they always fight each other up there people knew how to defend against the other people. so if it is a city and out of city ranking the people up there should be looked into. but they probly wont considering they wont have a rep.

maybe dire is above tetra. those two are always inter changing. for me it comes down to this. they both place the same where they go or around each other one finishing above the other then it is reversed. so to me it comes to tetra is more active then dire is. that is why he is above dire.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Meh, you say these rankings will be inaccurate, but then again, are any power rankings truly accurate? Sure they are in a sense, but you can't please everyone.

The thing about this state, is that Western NY is sort of secluded in a way like you mentioned where most people from that region don't play against people from the city and the rest of NY. I think N64 probably would make a decent panelist, since he is from the Western NY region and travels to some extent as well. (BEing that the other panelists for NY currently are if I'm not mistaken: Bailey, Lightxdream, acemarth and sol, none of which are from western NY)

Edit: You mentioned Inui in your post. Even if he isn't a bad player I think it's safe to say he isn't better than the 6 you mentioned in your previous post....

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
i am not saying that he would be but he would be pretty close. but most of the panalist wont put him as high because they just dont like him. and like i said. buffolo and rochester have some pretty good players. (they wont beat the top 5 imo) but it doesnt mean that they should be excluded because they are poorly represented on the panal. the panal should look at all ny tournies and see who placed where. i bet comp will be in the top 25 (if this list is top 25) and comp placed first at western ny but the people gave him a run for his money up there. n64 beat him and the samus player (he finished 2nd at the tourny) did ok against him. (samus vs peach is a bad match up when comp pulls 2 deamon turnips a match. no joke he did. 3 out of 6 matchs he did. the others he pulled out 1.) so i would say both of them are worthy of being in the top 25. plu there were some good falcos and foxs up there as well. so like i said i cant wait to see how this list turns out.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: D1 for the win, baby! Too good!

P.S. - Over the course of the weekend during BWNY3, C0MP pulled out no less than twenty-five super turnips! How handsome can you get?

Bailey

Smash Hero
OK here is a rough draft this will be edited after KF's Tournament this Sat.
1. PC Chris
2. Bum
3. Wes
4. Tetra
5. Dire Vulcan
6. Ace Marth
7. DJ Nintendo
8. WarriorKnight
9. Fab
10. D1

LET THE FLAMING AND ARGUING BEGIN!!!

EDIT: WE ONLY CARED ABOUT THE TOP 5 LOL THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD ACE

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
*surprised at D1 not being on the list at all*

IPB is right about Comp though... too inactive and such anyway.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I KNEW IT!!! Bailey I knew you just wanted this list to try and be on it, good good though gotta respect the hustle

Killafox you need to man up, if they want you on the list then dont cry about it be proud son

phish-it

Smash Champion
I'm starting to consider becoming a panelist if it's not too late.

What are the standings on how these lists are being made?

Is it 2 seperate lists; NYC and The rest of NY? (As mentioned earlier) or one lists combining the two? Also how many players are we going up to? Considering in the EC rankings the Tristate area has like 7 of the 10 ranked in NY, so it'd be pretty redundant just to make a separate list with 3 more.

I think we should probably do 2 lists as mentioned before with the top 10, or one big list holding the top 20 or 25.

I've been actually thinking up these list for awhile now and I might try to throw it together just now.

EDIT: Bailey I can think of a good 5 people of the top of my head from NY who are ahead of you who aren't currently on that list. :chuckle:

phish-it

Smash Champion
Phish-It we only cared about the Top 5 the rest is gonna start to be decided after KFs tourney.
Taken from the EC rankings for the Tristate area:

1. PC Chris
2. Mew2King
3. Bum
4. Wes
5. Dave
6. Zanguzen
7. Cactuar
8. Tetra
9. Dire
10. Javier
Take out the non New Yorkers:

1. PC Chris
2. Bum
3. Wes
4. Tetra
5. Dire
There you have it. Save for people debating on Tetra and Dire's placement.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
woz inui is right.

1-5 - good.
6-10 - horrible.

like i said this is why i didnt want to be a panalist and why i am against the whole Ny thing having its own rankings. plus you cant decide to leave people off cause they ask. that is just stupid cause then it defeats the purpose of the list.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
woz inui is right.

1-5 - good.
6-10 - horrible.

like i said this is why i didnt want to be a panalist and why i am against the whole Ny thing having its own rankings. plus you cant decide to leave people off cause they ask. that is just stupid cause then it defeats the purpose of the list.
The bolded words are so true, put EVERYONE on the list who is supposed to be there, it dont matter if they dont want to be on or not, if they whine about it then they need to pull a Neo and just stop going to $hit.

ace_marth

Smash Champion
then just release a list 1-5. dont put 10 people up there.

yo first off this list is just a SAMPLE list. second ur not even in hte NY tourny Scene enough to even know where the rest stand. the real list will be made after the 24th with no exceptions meaning that everyone will be on the list no matter if they dont want to be on the list.

inui- DJ nintendo is not Too high. he should be higher than me. he places top ten in almost every tourny period. although WarriorKnight is better than half of the list he shouldnt be 7th cuz he dosnt go to tourny's too much. KillaFox needs to be there. and Sol should be up there also. D1 would be in the 11-15 if anything. fab deserves to be on the list too but somewhere in 11-15 too cuz he stopped goin to tourny's.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
...there's no point of 1-5 since the Regional list covers it already.

Ace Marth, D1, Warrior Knight, Fab, and some others need some recognition, no? Work on the list! :D

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
My suggestion is to take your time and don't release any sort of list until you're ready. Sample lists aren't exactly a good idea - release a list when you're done and ready.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
yo first off this list is just a SAMPLE list. second ur not even in hte NY tourny Scene enough to even know where the rest stand. the real list will be made after the 24th with no exceptions meaning that everyone will be on the list no matter if they dont want to be on the list.
ok first off you dont have to be in any scene to rank anyone..... its not what there potential is its how they are playing and who they play and where they place. this can all be done by just looking at tourny results. i bet you can rank kids in MD or in cali if you just looked at results and who they played and all.

second. i do go to ny tournies. maybe not as much as everyone else cause i am part of a biz and i cant take of on most saturdays but i still go. i travel a lot also to other then just nyc. even with that said it still means nothing considering you dont need to be active to look at results and who faced who.

3rd if your list is a sample then why post it??? just wait till after the 24th to post the list.

like i said i cant wait to see how this list comes out and be ready to back up your answers with reasons. good luck to all the panalist

(NYC)Fab

Smash Journeyman
Well I dont think theres any reason to get mad at each other but I do agree wit inui and ace in some ways. I think I should be up there around 5-7 I know I havent been to many tournys as of the past month but I gonna start back up 100% I just went a 2v2 tourny last week which me and bum did well 3rd place, also the tournys I do go to I just ABOUT always place top5 ny and even out of state also , and Ive done more tournys outside of new york then most and Im gonna keep traveling so think I should def be pretty high on the list. I do think tho that warriorknight should be about 4-6 cause hes just that good.In general I think me, ace, dj, and d1 should be bout 5-7sorry if Im speaking for everyone but Im just trying to work this out.

Sol

Smash Lord
i thought i might make it on the list but i guess not, anyways it's gonna suck if i cant go to the kf tourney cause then i can prove im worthy

ace_marth

Smash Champion
sol u better come.

Fab i agree wit u there too but they lookin at recent tourny rankings. the bi-weekly was a good start though ya did get 3rd.

the last three tourny's ive gone to which were the bi-weeklie's i got 1st (split wit killa), 1st (teams wit killa) and i went to one yesterday in upstate where i got 4th and 2nd. so i hope those count lol. but we should just focus on big tournys where the majority of the NY scene is which is like gauntlet or Zeniths or other tourny's.

athrun, u right on wat u said but u was just talkin as if u dodnt kno anything about the ppl ranked 6-10. and the sample list was bailey's idea lol. sorry bailey lol. it was just to see ya response so just keep in mind the list WILL change.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
i understand ace. i know about the ny smash scene but to me killa would be in the top 10. fab has done well. dj is ok but i think is too high. you should be ranked 6th i believe. i am just saying that when you release a list make it a list and not a sample. you have to look at everyone as well. thats all from me till the new list is out.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
DJ is too high. DJ is ok, blah blah blah. If I was an ok smasher then that means in most tournaments I've ever entered in the past, I would rank from top 11 and up. Although that's not the case. I rank somewhere in the top 10 or even top 5 in almost every tournament that I've ever entered. I'm not saying I'm a godly player and I deserve to be higher or anything like that. I know its a sample list but I think my placing looks fine, or even 8th place. Oh well, it's just a sample list. Whatever place I get in the real list, I don't really care. I just know I perform well in tournaments. As well as my other fellow KF members who kick a$$ so much, lol. This sh*t is actually pretty funny.

By the way, Ace Marth and Warrior Knight are waaaaaaaaaay too f*cking low, lol!!! :laugh:

Top Bottom