• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New York/New York City Power Rankings 2.25.2007

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
great list but maybe there should be a 3rd list which includes the whole state so we know where everyone ranks with each other. just a suggestion

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
when was this put up? yay for me being 9th place even though I completely screwed myself over yesterday trying to not face wes lol and i ended up placing lower than like ... ever

Tetra

Smash Journeyman
Alejandro should be 3rd definitly. Thats mad funny you would put him 8th, but you don't really know enough so its not your fault.

phish-it

Smash Champion
but other than that, everyone who didnt come, OMG u missed it and u suck, except for AE cuz i heard of wat happened. see everyone next time.
We still suck for not coming anyway. Next time that wont even be a problem cause we'll just take the train at a last resort.

For the next installment of rankings, you could try to do the point based system. A lot of other states do this. Each panelist creates a list of their own.

For example say this is my list:

NYC
1. Bum
2. Wes
3. Dire Vulcan
4. Ace Marth
5. Killa Fox
6. DJ Nintendo
7. Warrior Knight
8. Alejandro
9. Tag
10. Fab
11. D1
12. DIK
13. X
14. Starz
15. Salad Fingers
Since Bum is ranked #1, he will get 15 points, Wes 14 so on and so forth.

Say this is another Panelists list:

NYC
1. Bum 15
2. Wes 14
3. Warrior Knight 13
4. Ace Marth 12
5. Killa Fox 11
6. Dire Vulcan 10
7. Alejandro 9
8. DJ Nintendo 8
9. Fab 7
10. Tag 6
11. D1 5
12. X 4
13. Starz 3
14. Salad Fingers 2
15. DIK 1
You then add up the points each player gets and rank them from there.

So in this case it would be:

NYC
1. Bum 30
2. Wes 28
3. Ace Marth 24
4. Dire Vulcan 23
5. Warrior Knight 22
6. Killa Fox 22
7. DJ Nintendo 18
8. Alejandro 17
9. Fab 14
10. Tag 13
11. D1 10
12. X 7
13. Starz 5
14. DIK 5
15. Salad Fingers 3
Yeah there is a tie on 2 but things like that happen. Of course you'd have more than two panelists; the more the merrier.

EDIT: By the way, Tournament placings aren't as important as the brackets themselves; who you beat and who you lost to are greater factors to take into consideration.

More people should start using Nealdt's tournament program.

The Bino

Smash Lord
everyone who didnt come, OMG u missed it and u suck, except for AE cuz i heard of wat happened. see everyone next time.

Don't worry.... im gonna try to make sure that im gonna be even more careful when working, especially b4 a tourney, but hey things happen when you least expect it to... but on the good news of that, the doctor said that it was just a bruise and should be healed within a week or so, yeah!

Bar, Barbino, Rubar, you guys need to start going to tournaments!
Don't worry about that, i was with BAR RuBar and Phoenix (he's gettin better) and we will be hitting up more tourney's.... RuBar said that he's very upset with the news of this Power Rankings, as well as BAR and I are upset with it, being how we can point of a decent amount of smashers on that list where we have faced them and beaten them on consecutive amounts of times, and our skills are way above theirs, but since this is mainly about attending tourney's and PLACINGS, not about skills... then all we gotta do is go to about 1 or 2 tourney's and the list will be fixed

Nintendude

Smash Hero
EDIT: By the way, Tournament placings aren't as important as the brackets themselves; who you beat and who you lost to are greater factors to take into consideration.

More people should start using Nealdt's tournament program.
I agree with this. This is one of the reasons I told MJ to start using tio for the Elmsford tourneys.

N64

Smash Champion
There's some decent smashers in WNY also. Unfortunately there's a pretty big distance gap between them and eastern NY, so it's hard to tell how they'd do against some people on this list.

Nice idea, but everyone just take into consideration the difficulty and possible inaccuracy involved in such an endeavor. No listing will suit everyone, as we all have our different opinions, and some things just can't easily be measured/determined (I.E. skill difference of people who don't play eachother or eachother's usual competition often).

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
This is what the list is:
1. Bum
2. Wes
3. Dire Vulcan
4. Ace Marth
5. Killa Fox
6. DJ Nintendo
7. Warrior Knight
8. Alejandro
9. Tag
10. Fab
11. D1
12. DIK
13. X
14. Starz
15. Salad Fingers

NOW, this is what it should be

1. Wes
2. Bum
3.Ryan K
4. WK
5. Me
6. Ace
7. killa fox
8. Tag
The rest is the same

That is based on tournament ranking+skill

Who is ryan K you ask? He is amazing, He has beaten everyone on that list excluding me, and wes and he hasnt played WK to my recolection. If you look at tournament brackets you will notice that he has only lost to wes and PC and me. I think he should be under consideration for the list.

ace_marth

Smash Champion
bronx, ny (im up for any fights, if u intersested,
i forgot about ryan lol. we'll put him on but not as 3rd....come on ur suggesting we take DIRE out lol. hes not even on ur list. if the list was about ALL skill it would be much different trust me but it aint. ryan doesnt place well at BIG tourny's. if anything he would be where Fab is. 10th. he is good dont get me wrong he wouldnt be top 3. WK would def be 3rd or 4th if it was a skill list but he's only entered like wat 5 tournys in the past 7 months lol. WK u gotta enter more. anyway the list will keep being changed after every big tourny or any tourny that has at least some of the people on the list so ryan will have plenty of time to prove himself. which im sure he will.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
yeah but I'm saying if I had to play PC and KDj every winner/loser bracket, I would never place well, or barely place at all. I think Ryan K should have my spot. Also i forgot about dire -_-, I dunno I dont like looking at tournaments, I think its too random.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
I really wished I still lived there so I could have gotten on the list, fuking college!! good **** to those who ar eon it though, dont start *****ing though its just one list >.>

Ryan-K

Smash Master
i agree with ace i think alex third is a bit much.

yeah i have to place better my skill is there but i get ****ed up bracket wise cuz i always have to face wes but i have to get good enough to beat him so no johns. and alex you are better than me you always beat me and beat ppl i cant beat and always place better

the only big tourney ive actually placed good at was like the first zenith so yes ace i still have a ways to go placings wise but it's good to know im not completly forgotten lol

phish-it

Smash Champion
Bailey I noticed you took Hazzard off the Rest of NY list because he is long island but never gave a spot for him in NYC.

phish-it

Smash Champion
You're ranked 7th in the rest of NY.

By the way, how often will these be updated? Every month? Every 2 months?

The Bino

Smash Lord
Has certain panelists forgotten about XBar... he has more skill than certain ppl on that Rest of NY list... and i would say N64 would be above Storms without a shadow of a doubt.... and I have always placed above BAR on every tourney we went to except for probably 2 tourneys, so I should be above him

phish-it

Smash Champion
Xbar has been out of the tournament scene since like August or something right? If he came back from the dead he might make it onto the list.

Storms did jump though, I don't know how he did it but he found a way.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Ok, thanks for confirming that, phish-it. Any explanations for that, Bailey? >_>
I also think that the Rest of NY list needs separate panelists. A panel that's 75% NYC smashers shouldn't be making a list for the Rest of NY.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I thought that I was a panelist
Yeah I remember hearing that you were too. You even commented at that Elmsford tourney where you beat Tetra in the finals that you were having a hard time deciding whether to put you or Tetra higher.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok here are the offical panelists decided by me and Ace Marth.

For NYC:
Ace Marth
Killa Fox
*Wow I forgot* Um will update
For The Rest of NY:
Bailey
Sol
Phish-it

I will ask all panelists to get AIM so we can talk and do the point thing.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yo, if bailey is ranked 6th and storms is 13th, i'm not far behind...only if i haven't gotten last in every friggen tournament i've been to (big ones)

hey at least i know i'm part of the better group (but still suck at the same time)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
hey, i stopped playing until i'm with people, big step for me isn't it, i'll do good at one, i will, i promise....

but i've only played bailey, storms, ky and i think one other person on that list, beaten bailey and storms before, never finished with ky, and lost to the other person

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
1. Bum
2. Wes
3. Dire Vulcan
4. Ace Marth
5. Killa Fox
6. DJ Nintendo
7. Warrior Knight
8. Alejandro
9. Tag
10. Fab
11. D1
12. DIK
13. X
14. Starz
15. Salad Fingers

The Rest Of NY
1. PC Chris
2. Tetra
3. Kip
4. Sol
5. Phish-It
6. Bailey
7. Reject
8. Ky
9. BAR
10. Samus Explorer
11. BarBino
12. RuBar
13. Storms
14. V-Rod
15. N64
ok a couple of things. alejandro and warrior knight are too low imo. N64 is way way way too low. reject is too low as well. i feel that stroms shouldnt be on the list. (when was the last tourny he went to?) baliey is too high. sol too low.

ehh i dont know about these list. i will have to see and check on the tournies again but like i said i think some people made this list out of bias and not facts. once again just my opinion but good job on getting the foundations of a list out.

(NYC)Fab

Smash Journeyman
lol that list is y I told myself I not to check the list but I did anyway. Im not gonna say nothing but all I can say is taht list really needs to be changed like badly. I agree that list is made out of bias and not facts. I like how dire is 3rd when he doesnt even place that well. I like how all of kf besides one member are above everyone even tho Alejandro always places above most of everyone above him besides the bum and wes pretty funny. I like how tag is above me and d1 for no reason and how me and d1 are below everyone wateva. Im not lookin at this **** again. By the way you cant just jugde on one tourny and you cant make people above people cuz they went to the tourny cuz they still placed horrible I saw the results so this doesnt make sense. Wateva

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Sh*t is f*cking ridiculous. ****** be hating on me hardbody, especially you Inui. I don't give a sh*t though, say what ya want. Since this list is based mostly on tournament placings than overall skill, its kinda gay but whatever. By the way, since the list is based mostly on tournament placings, than I believe that my placing is just fine. Like I said before and also Ace Marth as my witness, I place at least top 10 or maybe even top 5 in most tournaments that I've entered period. There's always a couple tournaments or whatever that I place lower than top 10 but at least its not a horrible placing like over top 20. Sometimes its a bad day or you end up fighting godly players right off the bat to get eliminated. It happens to everyone, no johns in my part. If I lose, I lose. I just know that my overall skill is good and I think my placing is fine, except that Warrior Knight should be above me. By the way Alejandro, I've never fought Ryan K in tournament.

In my opinion, Warrior Knight is too low. If Warrior Knight would've entered a good amount of tournaments in the past till now, he would've been somewhere in top 3 or 4 hands down. Something is pretty funny though. I see on the list that Bum is #1 and is above Wes. I agree with Bum being #1 but to me there's a problem. I know the list also factors in overall skill but the list is based mostly on tournament placings than overall skill right? Then that means Wes should be above Bum. Wes has gone to way more tournaments than Bum and either wins or always places well, like top 3 or 5 or maybe even 10 the lowest if its a huge tournament with mad pros. Bum kinda fits in Warrior Knight's shoes. Although Bum has gone to more tournaments than Warrior Knight. So putting Bum above Wes means that ya were putting more emphasis on overall skill between them than going to tournaments, placings, and such. Bum goes to tournaments and either wins or always places well just like Wes but Wes has gone to far more many tournaments than him. I know that Bum is better than Wes, but I think ya put him above Wes because of overall skill more than going to tournaments and placings. If thats the case between Bum and Wes, then Warrior Knight should be higher even though he hasn't gone to as much tournaments as other players. Just like Bum hasn't gone to as much tournaments as other players as well. The same thing goes for other players, for example, Alejandro's sample list in a previous post. Ryan K is good but placing him above mad heads is definitely not going down unless he proves it in tournaments to come, lol. Yes I know, players have gotten screwed over in brackets badly more than others. I doubt that the list is based on tournament placings and overall skill evenly. I believe its a factor higher than the other depending on the player. Some players want other players lower or higher because of favoritism. Its whateva, do and say what ya want.

So in conclusion, the list looks aight but Warrior Knight should be placed higher. Lastly, I would like to see a teams list.

Top Bottom