• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New York/New York City Power Rankings 2.25.2007

Ryan-K

Smash Master
i thought i might make it on the list but i guess not, anyways it's gonna suck if i cant go to the kf tourney cause then i can prove im worthy
if u don't go i'll eat your soul >(

ok so the top 5 are in place, so this is going to top 10 or top 15?

offcell

Smash Apprentice
<--kashan speaking

i have to say the list is actually the best it can be. The list has to do with tournament rankings, not smash skill ranking. In my opinon, d1 does deserve higher if this was just about skill and not about tournament placing. KF is always somewhere in top 5,, so i dont see how the list sucks or anything. D1 will just have to step it up at tournies. Actually, hopefully hell be able to attend tournies and not have work so he can.

congrats to all who made it.

(NYC)Fab

Smash Journeyman
the list should go up to top 15-20 but it all depends on if we make one big list for all of NY or if we split it into two lists. we'll just have to wait and see i guess.
I think the list should only be to top10 and if ny(not the city) wants to make another one then they should but I think it should just be top10 ny as a whole.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Meh, seems kinda broad, California has 2 lists, NorCal and SoCal. Sure it's a big state but both lists go up to the 25th spot. Thats 50 people. I'm not saying that we should have that many in NY, absolutely not. But I think there are enough decent players to be represented.

Either two lists of 10 or one of 20 I think is a fair amount for New York. Even if the NYC covers just a fraction of NY, it's still responsible for half of New York's Population, which would make sense for a split if need be.

AthrunZala

Smash Journeyman
cali has 2 list cause almost all of west coast is cali. and north cal and south cal hold totaly diff tournies. it would be like ny and nj. just my 2 cents but i dont know if there are a lot of great people from ny like there is in cali. i think cali is in a totally differnt league then any other state. just my opinion.

phish-it

Smash Champion
It is in a different league, Yes I considered that. NY would only have 20 people when compared to CA's 50, and what do you mean by NorCal and SoCal having different tournaments? You could say NYC and western NY have different tournaments as well.

EEvisu

Smash Lord
Sol needs to be included in the top 10 list, clearly hes worthy of a slot over certain people already listed...

Nintendude

Smash Hero
2 lists of 15 would be the best
I agree with Sol here.
Also, what's with this talk about Sol and the top 10. We're still doing 2 lists, right? That means Sol won't even be eligible for the NYC power rankings. He'll be on the list that covers the rest of NY.

phish-it

Smash Champion
I agree with Sol here.
Also, what's with this talk about Sol and the top 10. We're still doing 2 lists, right? That means Sol won't even be eligible for the NYC power rankings. He'll be on the list that covers the rest of NY.
They aren't just doing NYC power rankings and nothing else, I guess He's referring to NY as a whole.

pockyD

Smash Legend
L.I. is much more likely to share tournaments with NYC than with upstate though

i think the point isn't to make it an arbitrary distinction just so you can cram more people on the list; it should be to only rank people against the people they play semi-regularly so you aren't blindly comparing two people who have never played each other or even never played against common competition

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah LI and NYC are practically the same in terms of what they go to.

There have only been one or two instances where it's been otherwise, and even then it's only been 2 of the smashers here on LI who have done that.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Interesting.

I think Alejandro should be a little higher. I think Killafox might be a little higher too, he's a great player and all, but I'd say DJ Nintendo and WarriorKnight are a little better.

I also think Sol should be above Kip, I don't know, he seems to have more of record.

Reject should be rising up soon, he seems to be placing well in tournaments.

Same with Hazzard.

Meh, Ky is usually alot better than he usually places, he seems to sandbag pretty often...

Bar, Barbino, Rubar, you guys need to start going to tournaments!

Storms at 15!?? He used to be alot better, I'm guessing he's sort of slowing down with this game right?

LIBF and Nintendude are both surprisingly good for not travelling to many tournaments and they should probably be considered for the next list.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea Phish-It I know about Storms but he used to be amazing but stopped playing for awhile with me and our teaming was EWW and he just doesn't travel to many tournaments anymore. Honestly I wanted you above Sol Phish-It because I love you DK and Yoshi lol. And Kip always does good placings in the tournament I have been with him to even if you were there.

phish-it

Smash Champion
Sol's better than me, He beats tetra whom I lose to all the time....

N64 could've probably made it onto this.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
That's a pretty good start. At least now we have something we can work with and refine over the next months.

I guess I gotta start going to more tournaments lol
I'd also vouch for LIBF being on the next list, as he did beat both Tetra and Kip at the last Elmsford tourney.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
lol hazzard is LI so technically he should be on the nyc list
Hmm....yeah I had a feeling something was wrong there >_>
You guys ARE still counting LI as NYC, right? If so, you may want to redo the list with Haz in the NYC list and find a new 15th person for the other list.

killafox

Smash Lord
bronx, ny (im up for any competition, so if u wann
im not tryin to start anything but how is dire still higher than me and ace_marth? i think we're both better than him and we've been placing higher than him recently. but other than that GREAT LIST, i think its exactly on point. dont change it till the next tourney!

kinda off topic but i had to fight korean DJ in my second fight of the Killa fleet tourney that sent me to losers, then i had to fight warriorknight my first match in losers, which i let win cuz we made a deal. but other than that, everyone who didnt come, OMG u missed it and u suck, except for AE cuz i heard of wat happened. see everyone next time.

Top Bottom