• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Why would Capcom co-producing mean no Sonic or Snake? I would be shocked if both of those characters are not back, especially Sonic. I know Capcom will want their characters but I don't think they will kick out other chars. However, I think the whole Capcom co-producing stuff was just rumors.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Past Stages I think might be in SSB4:

- Halberd (because it is Meta Knight's stage)
- Luigi's Mansion (because of Luigi's Mansion 2)
- Mario Circuit (because of Mario Kart 3DS)
- Skyworld (because of Kid Icarus: Uprising)

- Hyrule Castle (SSB64, because of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D)
- Sector Z (SSB64, because of Star Fox 64 3D)

D

Deleted member

@volbound1700: It's probably because if Capcom gets involved, they're going to want more then one character in the game. If Capcom asks for more then two, we can expect Nintendo to give Sega and Konami the shaft because Sakurai doesn't want to overfill the roster with third-party characters. Considering that this is a rumor, I don't think Nintendo will do this, but depending on how much Capcom wants to put in, it could affect the stance of Sonic and Snake.

@Arcadenik: I don't think Luigi's Mansion from Brawl will come back. They'll probably replace that with a stage from Luigi's Mansion 2. Sector Z returning is also doubtful.

I think the Temple will return, considering how popular it is. Overall, I would expect about 15 stages from past games to return.
Guys I got an idea for Ridely. What if during his enterence sequence when a match begins, a random poison mushroom drops on his head to make it known that his size was tinned down??

:phone:
Honestly, I find that to be kind of lame. He deserves better then that as a playable character.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
the reason they brought back stages from the previous game is because it had a cool feature. Arcadenik, they wouldn't bring back those stages because of the reasons you are stating. i doubt the melee stages will return, i want them to but i sincerely doubt it.
i find it strange how Hyrule temple is the only past stage that got a remixed song... must be due to popular demand of the stage.

WhatIsRaizen?

Smash Ace
Luigi, Falcon and Marth make a huge chunk if what Smash is.

Luigi is himself. Falcon needs no explaining. And Marth has his Japaneseness.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I have an idea. What if characters with zero personality like Ridley weren't included in Smash? Putting Ridley in Smash would be like putting a Boo in Smash. Yeah, he's a "character" that's been in a few Mario games but all he does is show up as the occasional boss and then leave, and come back next time somewhat more mechanized than before. He never says anything, does anything but mindlessly attack you, etc.

Thino

Smash Master
I have an idea. What if characters with zero personality like Ridley weren't included in Smash? Putting Ridley in Smash would be like putting a Boo in Smash. Yeah, he's a "character" that's been in a few Mario games but all he does is show up as the occasional boss and then leave, and come back next time somewhat more mechanized than before. He never says anything, does anything but mindlessly attack you, etc.
Boo turning invisible and invincible when ANY of the opponents face him..

oh god the possibilities..

majora_787

Smash Hero
... I'm sorry? You just compared a major antagonist to a minor enemy?

He did talk in the comics, which, actually, is cannon to the Metroid franchise. But does everyone need to talk? Tabuu never spoke. Does that make him a soulless minor enemy? Master hand never spoke. No kirby boss speaks, generally, except for in cartoons and comics which... may or may not be cannon.

x_x Besides. Unlike the boo, he has heavy plot relevance, and isn't as mindless as he looks.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Uh....last I checked Ridley was THE arch-nemesis for Samus. Personality aside, that puts Ridley and Boos miles apart already.

Anyway, has there ever been a reason why all stages aren't included from past games? Do they really take up that much storage space? I'm just wondering. Personally, my mindset is, "If you don't have to get rid of a character or a stage, don't." I know that in order to have a character in a new game you actually have to program it in, so it's not quite as simple as I said above, but I don't think it'd be that hard.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@KumaOso: - I read it and you're right, Meowth was never planned for SSB. Back to the drawing board with a potential second new playable Pokemon character.
Whether Meowth was planned or not planned to be in SSB64 is irrelevant. Meowth can be a potential second Poke-newcomer after they add a 5th gen Poke-newcomer like Zoroark, Victini, or 5th gen Pokemon Trainer... unless everyone counts Mewtwo as the second Poke-newcomer (he is not new) and disregard all other Pokemon. No one expected Pokemon Trainer in Brawl and no one expected Mewtwo to get cut from Brawl. Expect the unexpected.

n88

Smash Lord
Half the cast has no personality. And that includes characters like Mario and Link.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Boo turning invisible and invincible when ANY of the opponents face him..

oh god the possibilities..
What if Boo was in between two opponents who are facing him? Boo would be broken if it went like that like you just described.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What about handicap discussions. I have a few things to state there...

The next Smash Bros. should feature two different handicaps; the Power Handicap, and the Damage Handicap.

Power Handicap

The Power Handicap is basically Melee's handicap system.

The higher the handicap, the stronger the player is, and the more resistant he is to environmental hazards and attacks done by lowered handicapped players.

The lower the handicap, the weaker the player is, and he will be easier to send flying by environmental hazards, and players with higher handicaps.

Power Handicap levels can range from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.

Damage Handicap

The Damage Handicap is Brawl's handicap system.

You basically set how much damage your fighter will start with for a match. The set damage can't go lower than 0%, and can't go higher than 300%.

The Damage Handicap is disabled for Stamina matches and Super Sudden Death mode.

majora_787

Smash Hero
What about handicap discussions. I have a few things to state there...

The next Smash Bros. should feature two different handicaps; the Power Handicap, and the Damage Handicap.

Power Handicap

The Power Handicap is basically Melee's handicap system.

The higher the handicap, the stronger the player is, and the more resistant he is to environmental hazards and attacks done by lowered handicapped players.

The lower the handicap, the weaker the player is, and he will be easier to send flying by environmental hazards, and players with higher handicaps.

Power Handicap levels can range from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9.

Damage Handicap

The Damage Handicap is Brawl's handicap system.

You basically set how much damage your fighter will start with for a match. The set damage can't go lower than 0%, and can't go higher than 300%.

The Damage Handicap is disabled for Stamina matches and Super Sudden Death mode.
1v3... Player 1 has the power handicap maxed out, and the other 3 have the damage handicap maxed out. Lawl.

D

Deleted member

Seriously? That's not an argument, you could say the same thing for many other Super Smash Bros. characters.
Whether Meowth was planned or not planned to be in SSB64 is irrelevant. Meowth can be a potential second Poke-newcomer after they add a 5th gen Poke-newcomer like Zoroark, Victini, or 5th gen Pokemon Trainer... unless everyone counts Mewtwo as the second Poke-newcomer (he is not new) and disregard all other Pokemon. No one expected Pokemon Trainer in Brawl and no one expected Mewtwo to get cut from Brawl. Expect the unexpected.
I hope you're right about that. I believe that he would make a decent character in the game as a playable character. Of course, there's always the chance that they'll take the short-cut and bring back Mewtwo/keep Lucario in.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Seriously? That's not an argument, you could say the same thing for many other Super Smash Bros. characters.
I hope you're right about that. I believe that he would make a decent character in the game as a playable character.
xD Expecting the unexpected is hard. Nobody expected a game accessory to be playable. I mean, NOBODY.

Oh, btw, did anyone check out the moveset? o:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
You complain about this thread being thread cancer but then make a stupid post y

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Tabuu is soulless. We had no idea on his motivations. He's just there for the evulz. He's more shallow than any of the villains back in the NES days.

volbound1700

Smash Master
What about Mike from Star Tropics? He seems unique and could be the retro pick. Problem is, he has moves like Ness just not the psychic part.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Guys I got an idea for Ridely. What if during his enterence sequence when a match begins, a random poison mushroom drops on his head to make it known that his size was tinned down??

Wouldn't the poison mushrooms effect wear off after a while lol?

But I'd like to see Dark Samus in action, just to see what "it" would offer.

DLC content, custom stage music, Melee style mechanics, and balanced characters are my top priority hopes for smash.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
1v3... Player 1 has the power handicap maxed out, and the other 3 have the damage handicap maxed out. Lawl.
Yeah this would add some various match possibilities for casual players.

For one example, all players have a Power Handicap of 9, but while player 1 has 0% damage, everyone else has 300% damage. While players 2-4 would get KO'd almost instantly, due to their damage, the equaled power handicaps enable them to still have a chance against the fresh player.

Another example, player 1's power handicap is 9, while starting with 300% damage, while everyone else's power handicap is 1, while starting with 0% damage. The level 1 power handicaps would have to raise the level 9 power handicap's damage to over 400% before being able to KO him. On the flipside, however, it won't take much for the level 9 power handicapped player to take out the weaker players. However, environmental hazards would lead to SDs right off the bat for the stronger player, due to the 300% damage handicap.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
LMAO!!! So true, majora! No one could have anticipated a NES peripheral to become playable. XD

If I am expecting the unexpected... the unexpected surprises that I would be overjoyed with would be:

- Dixie Kong being teamed with Kiddy Kong instead of with Diddy Kong or being solo (I don't care either way, I just want Dixie Kong)
- a playable Duck Hunt Dog
- a playable Meowth
- a playable Tingle
- a playable Muddy Mole (he is from Mole Mania, an obscure but challenging adventure-puzzle game on the Game Boy)

The unexpected surprise that would get me seeing red is if...

- Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, or especially Toad aren't playable but Daisy, Waluigi, Rosalina, Fawful, or especially Geno are playable

Sails

Smash Ace
You know what would be interesting, and may have been said before? Being capable of picking other players up. Characters could perform special moves when picked up, be thrown, could add some more depth to teams.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You know what would be interesting, and may have been said before? Being capable of picking other players up. Characters could perform special moves when picked up, be thrown, could add some more depth to teams.
Also, throwing people should be a more valid attack. I know a doubles pair that are famous around my area for using each other as a weapon... xD It's funny.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What about Mike from Star Tropics? He seems unique and could be the retro pick. Problem is, he has moves like Ness just not the psychic part.
Hey, I am all for Mike Jones but the problem with him is that he is more like America-only than Japan-only. His first game was international but his second game was America-only. Sakurai seems to favor Japan-only and international characters (especially if they are popular in Japan).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Also, throwing people should be a more valid attack. I know a doubles pair that are famous around my area for using each other as a weapon... xD It's funny.
You guys! That's what I wanted for Toad! Down+B to jump on an opponent and quickly pick them up a la Super Mario Bros. 2. I have noticed that whenever Toad is a playable character in the Mario main games, Toad can lift and carry enemies. Even Toad's own game, Wario's Woods, revolved around this pick-up-and-throw-enemies concept!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Interesting concept, double teams throw their partner at each other at the same time...BAM, instant hype, it would
certaintly add more depth, maybe even some special double team exclusive moves, like Mario & Luigi, Ice Climbers, or maybe even enemies like Link and Ganondorf working together.

Kinda reminds me of Crash Twinsanity.

D

Deleted member

Unexpected surprise I would like to see:

- Kid Goku (Never going to happen, but really would fit great into the Smash Universe)
- Takamaru (There's bound to be one WTF character in the game, he fits it perfectly)
- One or more of Celebi, Plusle & Minun, and/or Dexoys.
- A playable Meowth.

As for Dixie Kong, I believe if she gets in, she and Diddy Kong should tag team.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Interesting concept, double teams throw their partner at each other at the same time...BAM, instant hype, it would
certaintly add more depth, maybe even some special double team exclusive moves, like Mario & Luigi, Ice Climbers, or maybe even enemies like Link and Ganondorf working together.

Kinda reminds me of Crash Twinsanity.

Do you know how weird it is already to see Lucas bludgeon someone with Bowser? <_< (Yes, that's their selection.) It's... weird and amusing to say the least.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wow this has got me thinking now if you hold "a" or "b" right before preforming a throw you will get a different throw than the standard ones. Also "b" pummeling should give some different type animation.

Now this is a strech but, aerial smashes??

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow this has got me thinking now if you hold "a" or "b" right before preforming a throw you will get a different throw than the standard ones. Also "b" pummeling should give some different type animation.

Now this is a strech but, aerial smashes??

Personally, I think aerial Smash moves could potentially work and give us more options regarding aerial combat. For example, if you are playing as Toon Link and you tilt Down+A while in the air, you can do that sword stab the way Young Link did in Melee... but if you Smash Down+A while in the air, you can do that sword stab the way Toon Link did in Brawl. What do you think?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Personally, I think aerial Smash moves could potentially work and give us more options regarding aerial combat. For example, if you are playing as Toon Link and you tilt Down+A while in the air, you can do that sword stab the way Young Link did in Melee... but if you Smash Down+A while in the air, you can do that sword stab the way Toon Link did in Brawl. What do you think?
How would you get the time to charge a smash attack in the air? o_O

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How would you get the time to charge a smash attack in the air? o_O
The same way Samus shoots Super Missiles in the air in Brawl. To use the regular Missiles, you just had to tilt the control stick and press B. To use the Super Missiles, you had to Smash the control stick and press B. Charging wasn't involved.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys been lurking here since the inception if the SSB4 announcement, thought i'd finally join the discussion. First to discuss the most controversial topic which is of course Characters

Zelda series: I might be among the few (if any) who thinks Zelda is perfectly represented in Smash and does not need anymore characters. We have a perfect balance. The hero, The villain, and the sidekick

Mario: I think if anyone deserves to be playable its Toad. He has been with Mario since the beginning and has a myriad of support. He still remains significant today so newer fans will also be familiar with him. If for some reason Sakurai decides not to include him, then I guess we have no choice but Bowser jr.

DK: King K.Rool needs to be added. He has appeared in a nintendo game in the last few years so they haven't forgotten about him. Yeah he'll be awesome as one of the big villains along with Bowser and DDD

Kid Icarus: This series definitely needs some love. With a new game coming out lead by Sakurai himself. I say Medusa in her human size would be a great choice. Either her or the new guy from the trailer who looks to be working with Pit. Either of them will be great to have

Kirby: FIne the way it is

Yoshi: nobody relevant enough, but doesnt matter its fine the way it is

Fire Emblem: Unfortunately ive never played a FE game, so i can't fully substantiate anything lolz. I know the game hasn't gotten a new game in a few years, but if they do before Smash's release the new protagonist will probably replace Ike. If not then Ike should stay and they should someone else possibly Lyn

F-Zero: The series is pretty much dead, but I think it would be cool to see Samurai Goroh in their

Star Fox: I think its perfect the way it is. Hero, Villain, and Sidekick. No need for Krystal

Ice Climbers: good

Mother: I don't think Lucas or Ness will be cut, but I think Claus could make a good addition

Pokemon: Now this one is pretty tough to to do. Pikachu and Puff are in because they are mascots of pokemon and the original smash characters. Pokemon trainer should be enhanced so that he gets a starter of a different stage from the first 3 generations. One example could be Charizard, Crocanaw, and Sceptile, Lucario should stay, and a new gen 5 should be added

Pikmin: Olimar is good by himself, unless we get a brand new character in Pikmin 3, in which case he should be added as well

Metroid: We need Ridley. He should have already been in brawl

Wario: Good enough

Wtf Characters: Game and watch, ROB, and Baloon fighter

New Series: Issac and/or Matthew(Golden sun)
Lil Mac (punch out)
Tom Nook (animal Crossing)
Starfy
Saki (Sin and Punishment)

3rd party: Sonic and Snake should definitely return. I think 2 new third party characters are ok. In which case Megaman, because he is now the most requested and has been in many nintendo systems. and Ryu from Ninja Gaiden. The ones who made Ninja Gaiden worked with nintendo for Metroid, and he started off on the Nes has a game on the DS and A new game on WII-U

so what do you guys think, I also have some gameplay ideas casue character talk can become rather tiresome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom