• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG-13

Smash Cadet
@SSB Fan Genesect?!? Only Zoroark, as Lucario and Zoroark both starred in movies without being ledgendary, as well as being announced before their generation.

And Travis Touchdown would actually be one of my favorites.

D

Deleted member

PG-13 said:
@SSB Fan Genesect?!? Only Zoroark, as Lucario and Zoroark both starred in movies without being ledgendary, as well as being announced before their generation.
I think that he can be made into a good character. He's not exactly the most likely, but he does have potential.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

And Travis Touchdown would actually be one of my favorites.
I've been hearing arguments of Victini being most likely.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Forget Zoroark and Lucario, I have a thing against bipedal canine Pokémon.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
...but who to add from Fire Emblem?

Does anyone here know if Fire Emblem 4 ("Seisen no Keifu" or "Genealogy of the Holy War") is still considered the best Fire Emblem game? I'm so sure that Fuuin no Tsurugi, Rekka No Ken, and The Sacred Stones are Japan's idea of the weakest installments in the series that I think making Lyndis an assist trophy was a bad idea.

If the people who've played FE4 think it's better than Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Shadow Dragon, then I propose to add the main star, Sigurd, as at least an Assist Trophy.

And we all want different "obscure" or "surprise" characters in Smash 4. For mine, you have to look at where the Fire Emblem series started. Among the last enemies defeated in Fire Emblems 1, 3, and their remakes was a dark Earth Dragon named Medeus. The fact that the Fire Emblem creators (Intelligent Systems?) have done nothing but remakes in the past 3 years is further justification.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I don't see how Mewtwo is related to Lucario and Zoroark at all.

Please explain.
All three are bi-pedal that, in a way, "represent" the generation. Plus they are all somewhat humanoid...well, at least Mewtwo and Lucario are. Zoroark is more feral. It's hard to explain, but I see the connection, too.

Hopefully Mewtwo gets put back in and isn't in the Bottom 5. Melee did the character a severe disservice no matter how good Taj is with Mewtwo.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

Does anyone here know if Fire Emblem 4 ("Seisen no Keifu" or "Genealogy of the Holy War") is still considered the best Fire Emblem game? I'm so sure that Fuuin no Tsurugi, Rekka No Ken, and The Sacred Stones are Japan's idea of the weakest installments in the series that I think making Lyndis an assist trophy was a bad idea.

If the people who've played FE4 think it's better than Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Shadow Dragon, then I propose to add the main star, Sigurd, as at least an Assist Trophy.

And we all want different "obscure" or "surprise" characters in Smash 4. For mine, you have to look at where the Fire Emblem series started. Among the last enemies defeated in Fire Emblems 1, 3, and their remakes was a dark Earth Dragon named Medeus.
Miciah is the first ever main character in the series who fought with Magic instead of swordplay, so how about her?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Miciah is the first ever main character in the series who fought with Magic instead of swordplay, so how about her?
As much as we'd love a real magic user, I don't think we'll be getting any new Fire Emblem characters aside from New Roy. Not that I like it, I'd like to see Nephanee, Sothe, and a bunch of other characters. You don't even know.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
All three are bi-pedal that, in a way, "represent" the generation. Plus they are all somewhat humanoid...well, at least Mewtwo and Lucario are. Zoroark is more feral. It's hard to explain, but I see the connection, too.

Hopefully Mewtwo gets put back in and isn't in the Bottom 5. Melee did the character a severe disservice no matter how good Taj is with Mewtwo.
He isn't bottom 5 but yeah he's pretty bad.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Most people put him right under YLink with Zelda.

Zelda vs Mewtwo is like the most annoying arguement ever because they both suck anyways and only Lake and Taj is really good with them lol.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
No, she would just become a Zelda clone.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I'm kind of tired of these specific character discussions, so I'll ask a few, more generic questions.

First Question: What are people thinking as to the max number of characters any one series will get in SSB4? In Brawl we saw a limit of 4 (if you split up all of the Mario rep into main Mario and support Mario casts, anyway). Do people expect this to expand? This would mainly be an issue for the Mario and Pokemon; not so much for Zelda or Star Fox. Try not to say they'll expand JUST because you want to see some character like Toad or whatever added in.

Second question: How much are we expecting clones to change? Do you think that clones will continue to slowly diverge (Luigify), as they have in the past? Or do you think they'll put more effort into developing unique movesets (looking at you, Ganondorf).

Third Question: With all the processing power and memory the Wii U will have, do you think they'll bring back more past stages? Do you think they'll keep more characters or bring back old ones? Basically, what do you think they'll use that extra UMPH for (other than/ in addition to another 15 characters or so)?

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819

And we all want different "obscure" or "surprise" characters in Smash 4. For mine, you have to look at where the Fire Emblem series started. Among the last enemies defeated in Fire Emblems 1, 3, and their remakes was a dark Earth Dragon named Medeus. The fact that the Fire Emblem creators (Intelligent Systems?) have done nothing but remakes in the past 3 years is further justification.
I'd rather have Celice over Sigurd, but Sigurd is still one of the best options from that game nonetheless.

As for any other characters...I forget who else was discussing it with me, but we were saying that Caeda/Sheeda might be a really good choice for another character...She's the main female protagonist of FE1&3/FE11&12, and having a lance user would be super boss.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, what is with all the hate for Geno? Back in the Brawl speculation days everyone liked him. Is it because the forum is now full of youngins who grew up with Bowser Jr and such? Or am I just crazy?

:phone:
Sort of. Geno was supported by a lot of people like myself who's main system during their childhood was the SNES. This time around, it's mostly people who were in elementary school in the later N64 days/early GCN days. A lot of the Geno supporters have grown up and moved on. I'm about to start grad school soon so I understand how now-a-days they probably don't have time for video games let alone internet forums.

I think another part is that a lot of people feel let down because the Geno Alliance hyped him up so much. As I was one of the main people behind the Geno movement not only here but also on Nsider, gamefaqs, gamespot, and IGN, I feel a good portion of it is my fault. People believed in us especially after I went on my little "mission" back in 2006 to Nintendo of Japan. In a way, we made a promise about something that we had no control over and I think a good number of people are still bitter about it.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I'm kind of tired of these specific character discussions, so I'll ask a few, more generic questions.

First Question: What are people thinking as to the max number of characters any one series will get in SSB4? In Brawl we saw a limit of 4 (if you split up all of the Mario rep into main Mario and support Mario casts, anyway). Do people expect this to expand? This would mainly be an issue for the Mario and Pokemon; not so much for Zelda or Star Fox. Try not to say they'll expand JUST because you want to see some character like Toad or whatever added in.

Second question: How much are we expecting clones to change? Do you think that clones will continue to slowly diverge (Luigify), as they have in the past? Or do you think they'll put more effort into developing unique movesets (looking at you, Ganondorf).

Third Question: With all the processing power and memory the Wii U will have, do you think they'll bring back more past stages? Do you think they'll keep more characters or bring back old ones? Basically, what do you think they'll use that extra UMPH for (other than/ in addition to another 15 characters or so)?
1. well, they could get the limit to 5, but you raise a good point. plus some characters (jiggly) might be dropped, so this is possible.

2. vets might be Luigified, though some characters (necomers) willl run more unique sets. Ganon might get the mario treatment and have some of his moves removed and given new ones.

3. oh yeah. don't forget they also have the Brawl stages to bring back too, and Brawl was probaly the best looking Nintendo game on the Wii (behind maybe prime 3.) as for umph, more modes(Tag mode, anyone?), better online, the console-handheld connection, and DLC are very likely options.

1) No idea.
2) I think clones will be changed fairly well. Luigi's mansion will likely give luigi some moves of his own and things like that.
3) They might bring back old stages, but I do not think they will go back too far into an older generation. Nintendo has been about 1 gen reverse compatibility and nothing more.

I'd rather have Celice over Sigurd, but Sigurd is still one of the best options from that game nonetheless.

EDIT from 2nd post >_>

As for any other characters...I forget who else was discussing it with me, but we were saying that Caeda/Sheeda might be a really good choice for another character...She's the main female protagonist of FE1&3/FE11&12, and having a lance user would be super boss.
I expect a new fire emblem game will be in the works for the new Wii U. A new story line, and a new plotline. I imagine that a remake of FE4 will be made for the 3DS quiet possibly soon as well. So from those, I expect a new FE character to show up from. Sigurd better get some new artwork or else he will look hella weird on smash4 lol

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit: the Nintendo 64 launched a matter of days before October 1996, a matter of weeks after my 6th birthday. I didn't grow up with the SNES either. When I heard that Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars was Square's work, I didn't want Geno in Brawl. I didn't pay attention to what was going on with the Geno Alliance over the past 5 years. I thought if Square were to get a character in Smash 4, that they'd have plenty of franchises to consider, and despite Geno tying Nintendo and the big 3rd parties together, that he wasn't important enough to Nintendo or Square individually. To this day, I'm just not compelled to support Geno in Smash 4.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Special Brawl should probably give us the option to enable all options for certain areas, along with the option to set player effects individually.

All Players
% Stamina: Normal / Stamina / 300%
Speed: Normal / Fast / Slow
Gravity: Normal / Light / Heavy
Camera: Normal / Fixed / Angled

Player Independent
Size: Normal / Giant / Tiny / Custom
Body: Normal / Metal / Invisible / Custom
Head: Normal / Flower / Bunny Hood / Custom
Status: Normal / Curry / Franklin Badge / Screw Attack / Custom

If the Custom option is selected for a category, players can enable effects to only be applied to certain player numbers.

If Size = Custom: Super Tiny, Tiny, Normal, Giant, Super Giant

If Status = Custom: Curry + Franklin Badge, Curry + Screw Attack, Franklin Badge + Screw Attack, All

Call of Duty!? What's going on here?

This. Sakurai has said nothing about relevance determining whenever or not a character gets in the game and based off the fact that Dixie Kong was planned for Brawl, it probably isn't.

Even if it does matter, for Dixie Kong and King K. Rool, both appeared in a spin-off game in 2009 (Mario Super Sluggers) which was successful in Japan and North America (Despite a lack of release outside of those two countries).Zap tackle brought it up here:
I think it's cause Toad had much more major roles and appearances compared to Rosalina and he knows that. I mean...

Super Mario Bros. 1
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Sunsine
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
New Super Mario Bros Wii

Totally this. There's no reason to add more forms of tripping in the first place. No one likes it and it interferes with the match.
Is air tripping even possible in real life?
1. well, they could get the limit to 5, but you raise a good point. plus some characters (jiggly) might be dropped, so this is possible.

2. vets might be Luigified, though some characters (necomers) willl run more unique sets. Ganon might get the mario treatment and have some of his moves removed and given new ones.

3. oh yeah. don't forget they also have the Brawl stages to bring back too, and Brawl was probaly the best looking Nintendo game on the Wii (behind maybe prime 3.) as for umph, more modes(Tag mode, anyone?), better online, the console-handheld connection, and DLC are very likely options.
1.) The Mario series is one of the series that Sakurai can extend the limit to 5 but then again, the possibility is less.

@Mario and Sonic Guy: Dynamic view in SSB 4?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Victini's starring in two upcoming movies. He's probably more likely than Zoroark.
Zorua and Zoroark were the very first generation 5s revealed to us, last I've checked. I see Zoroark being more likely to be playable, especially since it's similar to Lucario in terms of revealance.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I expect a new fire emblem game will be in the works for the new Wii U. A new story line, and a new plotline. I imagine that a remake of FE4 will be made for the 3DS quiet possibly soon as well. So from those, I expect a new FE character to show up from. Sigurd better get some new artwork or else he will look hella weird on smash4 lol
Oh God, I love the character artwork from that game. <3

I REALLY hope that a new FE comes to the Wii U. I'm glad I got to play FE1 for the first time through a remake, sure, but it's high time we get a game in the series that's new.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

User33

Smash Journeyman
Zorua and Zoroark were the very first generation 5s revealed to us, last I've checked. I see Zoroark being more likely to be playable, especially since it's similar to Lucario in terms of revealance.
The whole Zoroark thing would only make sense if the game was being made at around the time that the movie was coming out. Smash 4 though is coming out at around the time of Victini's two movies, so the logic that "whatever the big Pokemon now is will get the Smash spot" should be more focused on Victini than Zoroark.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
The whole Zoroark thing would only make sense if the game was being made at around the time that the movie was coming out. Smash 4 though is coming out at around the time of Victini's two movies, so the logic that "whatever the big Pokemon now is will get the Smash spot" should be more focused on Victini than Zoroark.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros_Melee
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon_the_first_movie

Those dates aren't exactly close together.

Same goes for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucario_and_the_Mystery_of_Mew
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_smash_bros_brawl

Hoots

Can Be Combative
As far as I'm concerned, Victini and Zoroark are adequate 5th gen reps. I'm leaning toward Zoroark because with Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and Squirtle, I think we have enough small and cute pokemon.

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mew, Jirachi, Celebi, and Manaphy were mere Poke Ball Pokemon themselves. They're also similar for having the exact same base stats in all categories, and are event exclusive. Victini would pretty much add to that list.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Mew, Jirachi, Celebi, and Manaphy were mere Poke Ball Pokemon themselves. They're also similar for having the exact same base stats in all categories, and are event exclusive. Victini would pretty much add to that list.
Zoroark requires event exclusive Pokemon to obtain as well. People need to stop creating patterns from small sample sizes.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace

Classic Controller Pro. It's close enough haha.
Be nice if they released a Wii U controller that is basically the classic controller, but needs no Wii Remote connected :\ Kinda bothersome to just have the Wiimote sitting in your lap or dangling when you use those controllers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom