• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Alternate outfits would not count towards the final roster, as they'd merely modify the character's appearance. The moveset will remain untouched.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i just thought of something really neat! okay, let's say you're playing stamina mode, you finish off all of Samus Aran's HP, so then she will "die" in the same manner that she does in Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and Fusion! call it an easter egg, just a small thing in the coding.

i thought of this while watching the Happy Video Game Nerd playing Star Tropics and Mike dies with him turning into a ghost and halo. so guys? what do you think?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ok, so let me discuss a topic other than characters, music. Melee and Brawl both did special things in regards to music. Melee had everything orchestrated, and Brawl had My Music as well as the plethora of musicians collaborating on different tracks. What could Smash 4 bring to the table? Especially considering the unlikeliness they will have that many musicians again or will even try to vastly multiply the amount of music in the next game. If they do add more music I expect less arrangements and more original songs.

Maybe next time around we will see a custom music option? Maybe there will be an option under My Music for an "add song" or "read" feature?

Or maybe we could see a downloadable music service? Nintendo would release songs over the network to be stored, which could be added to a stage of choice or select stage. It could, again, fall under My Music as some type of DLC music button at the bottom.

Nintendo should let players share their stages online so we can download the stages. How about a leaderboard/rank for stadium (Home run, multi man, target smash, etc.)

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Nintendo should let players share their stages online so we can download the stages. How about a leaderboard/rank for stadium (Home run, multi man, target smash, etc.)
VERY likely they will. they have done this with the MvDK games recently, so at least the 3DS version has a high chance they will do this.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so let me discuss a topic other than characters, music. Melee and Brawl both did special things in regards to music. Melee had everything orchestrated, and Brawl had My Music as well as the plethora of musicians collaborating on different tracks. What could Smash 4 bring to the table? Especially considering the unlikeliness they will have that many musicians again or will even try to vastly multiply the amount of music in the next game. If they do add more music I expect less arrangements and more original songs.

Maybe next time around we will see a custom music option? Maybe there will be an option under My Music for an "add song" or "read" feature?

Or maybe we could see a downloadable music service? Nintendo would release songs over the network to be stored, which could be added to a stage of choice or select stage. It could, again, fall under My Music as some type of DLC music button at the bottom.
Nah, even Melee's music scheme sounds more likely.
If it were up to me, this would end up putting OverClocked Remix's skills to the test. I think this idea's better.
If such music was popular or well-received enough, they'd have to see to it that it gets preserved rather than lost forever once the WII U's life span ends.

D

Deleted member

i just thought of something really neat! okay, let's say you're playing stamina mode, you finish off all of Samus Aran's HP, so then she will "die" in the same manner that she does in Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and Fusion! call it an easter egg, just a small thing in the coding.

i thought of this while watching the Happy Video Game Nerd playing Star Tropics and Mike dies with him turning into a ghost and halo. so guys? what do you think?
I think this would be great. Mario's famous falling off the stage/level, Mega Man exploding, Pikachu/Jigglypuff/other Pokemons fainting, it would make dying that much less painful.

I would love to see a custom music option. It makes the gaming experience so much better. I would also expect more arrangements a la Melee.
That would be awesome. Nintendo needs to let us do that.

D

Deleted member

I just ment id like to see 55 i'd hate to get my hope's up and it be less is all i ment lol.

What do you guys think zelda will look like in smash bros wii u?
Either his Twilight Princess or Skyward Swords look-alike. Not really much to discuss.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Skyward art style seems best(plus some of his new tools would be fun to see-flying claw, anyone?)

edit: is it one of those people who think Link is Zelda again? well, it's still not as bad as those who think samus is named Metroid.

on that note, have we seen Princess Zelda's look in SS yet?

D

Deleted member

His? 'scuse me?
I don't think we can go much in depth in regards to Link's appearance. What would be more interesting is discussing how the visuals would improve from Brawl. One thing I'm expecting is above PS3 visuals, considering that the Wii-U is a more powerful console.

That would be awesome. Nintendo needs to let us do that.
Well... It wouldn't be awesome if nintendo stays with the Brawl stage editor items.

But I'm sure nintendo will improve stage editor.

I know this sounds crazy but is anyone thinking of 8 -man free for all or 4 vs 4?
I just ment id like to see 55 i'd hate to get my hope's up and it be less is all i ment lol.

What do you guys think zelda will look like in smash bros wii u?
I think she'll change. I also think Link will change. Both of them might be the skyward sword Link and Zelda we know.

Or...

Zelda will change but Link will remain to be Ocarina of Time Link (I believe that the Link in Brawl is OoT Link with TP graphics because he has navi and well.. he's blonde) just like what happened in Brawl

I'm not one of the people who judge the game by it's graphics but I hope it's not average like how the critics judged the graphics of brawl.

D

Deleted member

berserker01 said:
I know this sounds crazy but is anyone thinking of 8 -man free for all or 4 vs 4?
That would be amazing, but it's too bad it's not going to happen since only one Wii-U controller and four Wii Remotes can be used on the Wii-U unless things change.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

Yes!! This is exactly what Sakurai should do, future DLC content would work in favor for Nintendo as they would get alot of extra revenue,but at the same time also please the fans.

Customizable music should have been an option on Brawl, but given the customizable stage option, custom music should also be an option that could easily be implemented within the game via an SD card, so I wouldn't see a problem there.

As far as the character roster goes, Mic_128 is right, if we want balanced characters and greatly improve the chances of this, then I believe the roster should be kept a bit low, if I have to give a number well..48 at most, including transformations and 3rd parties.

:phone:

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I don't think we can go much in depth in regards to Link's appearance. What would be more interesting is discussing how the visuals would improve from Brawl. One thing I'm expecting is above PS3 visuals, considering that the Wii-U is a more powerful console.
Me to i think that the new smash bros visuals will by pass ps3's visual's

I hope the Wii U can support dlc!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nah, even Melee's music scheme sounds more likely.
If it were up to me, this would end up putting OverClocked Remix's skills to the test. I think this idea's better.
If such music was popular or well-received enough, they'd have to see to it that it gets preserved rather than lost forever once the WII U's life span ends.
The only thing though is how frequently would we see updates and what songs would be chosen? If we had one song every week that wouldn't be too bad, heck maybe they could even open up a way for people to send suggestions? Who knows. I'd hate to see the service too focused on current titles and forget the tracks from lesser known titles. Or lesser known tracks in general. If so we'd miss out on beautiful gems like these.

Mario Paint: Gnat Attack
Pokémon Trading Card Game: Club Leader Duel
Startropics: Cave
Legend of Zelda OoA: Dancing Dragon Dungeon

So maybe the custom music option would work better in the sense that people could choose such songs. Problem is most people don't have game music just lying around on their PC's. So both options have their pro's and con's.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Peach in strikers outfit........... n... no, no way. peach should remain in her dress so she can maintain her float ability... i do not want to see peach levitating in the air with no reason.

if you want the strikers outfit, id recommend daisy. though i don't think that she has a shot at smash bros until she gets her own franchise. and the sports and party games are mario's.

That would be amazing, but it's too bad it's not going to happen since only one Wii-U controller and four Wii Remotes can be used on the Wii-U unless things change.
I meant in wi-fi.

But offline 8-man brawl sounds awesome.

About the music, I hope Multi Man Melee 2 is back because that had to be my favorite song in smash bros.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Peach in strikers outfit........... n... no, no way. peach should remain in her dress so she can maintain her float ability... i do not want to see peach levitating in the air with no reason.

if you want the strikers outfit, id recommend daisy. though i don't think that she has a shot at smash bros until she gets her own franchise. and the sports and party games are mario's.
Strikers outfit should stay out of Smash Bros.. There are better outfit options than those.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
The only thing though is how frequently would we see updates and what songs would be chosen? If we had one song every week that wouldn't be too bad, heck maybe they could even open up a way for people to send suggestions? Who knows. I'd hate to see the service too focused on current titles and forget the tracks from lesser known titles. Or lesser known tracks in general. If so we'd miss out on beautiful gems like these.

Mario Paint: Gnat Attack
Pokémon Trading Card Game: Club Leader Duel
Startropics: Cave
Legend of Zelda OoA: Dancing Dragon Dungeon

So maybe the custom music option would work better in the sense that people could choose such songs. Problem is most people don't have game music just lying around on their PC's. So both options have their pro's and con's.
I much rather this one:

Pokemon TCG: Great Rocket Leader Battle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgYfEQ-WvgY (this is a remix)

Here's the original if anyone's interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfb_ue24LNo&feature=related

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ryu Hayabusa had his first start on Nintendo consoles, sure, but I don't see him being in Smash for this installment. Don't get me wrong, I LOOOVE Ninja Gaiden to death, but there are still so many people who aren't aware that the games even exist. I've seen more recognition for Fire Emblem than NG, which is insane.

I think I mentioned it before, but for stages, I'd like to see a lighthouse aerie from the first two Golden Sun games, specifically the Venus or Mars Lighthouse, since those were the endgame settings for the first two. Actually, even Appollo Sanctum would be sweet. Gimmicks would be another story, though...
im imagining the venus lighthouse falling apart and you can use the debris as moving platforms. before it gets to the ocean water, it transitions into a Castle Siege transition and you're right back at the top of the venus lighthouse. the light house lasts 3 minutes until the fissure comes in and the fall lasts 1 whole minute.
To the above two posts, regarding a Golden Sun stage... how about Belinsk? The stage could take place on the rooftops of the buildings in Belinsk. One of the buildings is Belinsk Opera House and the roof of that building would occasionally break as Crystallux breaks out through that roof to attack everyone. While the roof is damaged, anyone can fall to their doom in the opera house.

An Item I thought would be really interesting is the Crystal Rod from Kid Icarus

It creates two crystals that circle around your body and they can do damage while blocking attacks. The crystals are small so they wouldn't make them completely invincible but it would be very helpful.
If Palutena is playable, she could have a move based off that item.

It's so that you can pressure and force mistakes like every other fg in existince except for brawl. Brawls shields were WAYYYY too good. The only thing you could do was grab. here would still be unsafe moves, just not as many.

Did it work out for MK and SF? No, it helped in the death of both of those series. Please no 3D, that would take away the entire appeal of smash.
I agree about the Brawl shields being too good. I had hard time trying to land some hits on CPU characters because they kept shielding and the shields wouldn't shrink or break.

Also, Smash should stay 2D, not 3D. It would ruin the series, possibly kill the series, if it turned 3D.

Really? Because I remember when brawl was announced, everyone wanted Geno... I still think Geno would be cool.
I never wanted Geno. I couldn't understand everyone's obsession with the doll but whatever. I have always preferred Mallow over Geno anyway.

It may sounds great in concept, but I highly doubt that they can pull it off well. 2.5D gameplay is good enough for me.Fair enough, I'll accept it in the same place as I do the Golden Hammer.I could make the same argument in regards to Snake. If Snake wasn't playable in Smash, we had third-party characters, and that someone brought it up, I would be in denial. But Snake is in here and he works out extremely well. If Snake can fit in, so can Ryu Hayabusa.I understand where you're coming from and I wouldn't mind Geno's inclusion, but I have a few problems with this argument:

- Geno is not in Mario Sports Mix, that does not support his inclusion in any shape or form.

- Us getting a fourth third-party rep is questionable to say the least. Unlike Mega Man who is almost certainly going to be the third third-party character in the Super Smash Bros. series, there are no definitive 4th third-party rep in the game, which makes it kind of hard to imagine a fourth third-party character in the game. Some will say Ryu Hayabusa should get in (Like me), some will say Ryu, some will say Pac-Man, you get the point. And it shouldn't be a focus point until it becomes apparent that a fourth third-party characters become likely, which right now, it isn't.

- Geno, while he might be a good character, has a very small chance of getting into Smash. He is a sidekick in Super Mario RPG: Legends of the Seven Stars, a game joint-developed by Nintendo and Square Enix. Nintendo does not hold the rights to Geno, so they can't just put him in the game; it's Square Enix who owns him. I highly doubt Nintendo will go through the trouble just to get a sidekick from that game when there are characters from the same company that stands a higher chance of getting in.
Thank you. Square Enix and Nintendo had many opportunities to put in Geno (and Mallow) in their games. I don't see Geno anywhere in Mario Hoops 3-on-3, Itadaki Street DS, Mario Sports Mix, and I doubt he will ever appear in Fortune Street either. If Square Enix wouldn't put Geno in a Mario/Final Fantasy/Dragon Quest crossover spin-off game, why would they bother putting Geno in a major Nintendo crossover fighting game? Geno isn't that marketable. There is a reason the game is called Super Mario RPG, not Super Geno RPG.

Slime from Dragon Quest might be our fourth third-party character... Nintendo and Square Enix have been working together to bring more Dragon Quest games to the West.

Most people put him right under YLink with Zelda.

Zelda vs Mewtwo is like the most annoying arguement ever because they both suck anyways and only Lake and Taj is really good with them lol.
Zelda and Mewtwo are some of my favorites in Melee. LOL Pichu sucks more than them. At least both of them are unique with original movesets.

It probably doesn't really help Victini that there's already a playble fire-type pokemon too.
That didn't stop Pichu from getting in Melee after Pikachu. :awesome:

^^yeah. for all we know, Scrafty could be the 5th gen rep
I think Scrafty will be a Pokeball summon like Gardevoir.. or worse, like Blaziken. Remember how popular they were with people who supported them for Brawl?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it hasn't been proven that she is zelda, has it? i mean it could be another female much like Malon was in OoT and that b**** in Twilight Princess. she could be that B**** that teaches link how to ride a skybeast.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Slime from Dragon Quest might be our fourth third-party character... Nintendo and Square Enix have been working together to bring more Dragon Quest games to the West.
Yeah and now Nintendo will be working on bringing Fortune Street and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 overseas very soon. Plus Dragon Quest X and more than likely the new Rocket Slime game as well.

So that is four more titles Nintendo has actively pursued.

it hasn't been proven that she is zelda, has it? i mean it could be another female much like Malon was in OoT and that b**** in Twilight Princess. she could be that B**** that teaches link how to ride a skybeast.
It was approved. It was stated in the aerial gameplay demo of skyward sword.

Did anyone notice a subliminal in the aerial demo?

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
does anybody know if sakurai will change the gameplay like they did with melee and brawl, or will it be like brawl?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
True, but just because people don't have PC's doesn't mean it shouldn't be an option, I believe an option to download some exclusive tracks via DLC service would also be a way to optain music.

does anybody know if sakurai will change the gameplay like they did with melee and brawl, or will it be like brawl?

He won't.

It will be like brawl/smash bros. series. If he did change the gameplay (Instead of the %), I wouldn't be looking forward to it. However, he did say that he would add some RPG elements in the game (XP or something.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom