• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@mystery_dungeon: God that's ugly. She's suppose to be the Princess, not a common citizen.

@Starphoenix: I'd much rather see this theme. Easily the best song in the game.
OmegaXVII said:
As far as the character roster goes, Mic_128 is right, if we want balanced characters and greatly improve the chances of this, then I believe the roster should be kept a bit low, if I have to give a number well..48 at most, including transformations and 3rd parties.
I don't think it'll be 48 including transformation, 44 seems a bit too low for me.
berserker01 said:
I meant in wi-fi.

But offline 8-man brawl sounds awesome.

About the music, I hope Multi Man Melee 2 is back because that had to be my favorite song in smash bros.
I'm not sure if they can pull off eight players even with Xbox Live-like quality experience. Five and six I can easily see happen, but above might be a bit difficult to do smoothly.

Also, Multi Man Melee 2 was amazing. So was Melee's Battlefield.
Arcadenik said:
Slime from Dragon Quest might be our fourth third-party character... Nintendo and Square Enix have been working together to bring more Dragon Quest games to the West.
Ironically enough, you said yourself that Sakurai would only deal with three third-party characters, but I will agree that we shouldn't rule out a fourth third-party character yet. Slime is certainly a candidate, but I can also Ryu Hayabusa or Travis Touchdown getting in that slot as well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
True, but just because people don't have PC's doesn't mean it shouldn't be an option, I believe an option to download some exclusive tracks via DLC service would also be a way to optain music.

:phone:
I know that, I was simply referencing for us how we might be able to find game music online others may not. So for them they wouldn't get to listen to their favorite game track as they can't find it. That was one of the con's. Some will inevitably be left out.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
This Zelda looks much less serious than the Twilight Princess one. It just goes to show you that Zelda's ancestors don't have the same personalities.
she has no reason to worry, she isn't under attack by Ganon yet. why was Zelda under that robe Twilight Princess? i forget.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
does anybody know if sakurai will change the gameplay like they did with melee and brawl, or will it be like brawl?

We can't say for certain yet, but Sakurai did tell Iwata that he planned to focus this next sequel in relation to "past" Smash bros. games which means he will most likely want to implement some of Melee's physics somehow.

D

Deleted member

she has no reason to worry, she isn't under attack by Ganon yet. why was Zelda under that robe Twilight Princess? i forget.
I think it has to do with something regarding mourning, at least that's what I saw in my Robe Zelda Trophy from Brawl.

This Zelda looks much less serious than the Twilight Princess one. It just goes to show you that Zelda's ancestors don't have the same personalities.
My guess is... Later in the story, she becomes a princess. I wouldn't want Zelda fighting in that costume. Maybe they'll stay with TP Zelda then either change or not change Link.

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
i read some where that sakurai was going to use brawl as the foundation for the game and work there way up. sorry i dont have proof with me, its up to you guys to take my word for it

D

Deleted member

i read some where that sakurai was going to use brawl as the foundation for the game and work there way up. sorry i dont have proof with me, its up to you guys to take my word for it

I think we already know this and if we didn't, we'd ask for links or dig it up ourselves.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
it hasn't been proven that she is zelda, has it? i mean it could be another female much like Malon was in OoT and that b**** in Twilight Princess. she could be that B**** that teaches link how to ride a skybeast.
Like it or not, she is Zelda. Check out this video at 00:50.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
By the way, where are we allowed to post character wish lists?
You can but I wouldn't recommend it especially with how a lot of new members like to spam lists. In my opinion, it's best to keep the lists no longer than 5 people and then, during discussions, go more indepth about why you think those five would be good. From my past experience, people are more likely to take you seriously if you can effectively back up 2-3 characters with strong arguements instead of posting sprawling lists.

Hey fatman long time no talk. I agree with the whole growing up and moving on thing. Most people who really experienced SMRPG are in their early 20s and late teens at this point. What do you think his chances are this time around?
Well, there's nothing really to go off of right now. If Melee was any indication then one of deciding factors for a lot of characters in SSB4 would be popular characters that didn't make the cut in Brawl. Popular Melee choices who were initially snuffed but eventually got in were: King Dedede, Wario, Diddy Kong, Wolf, Metaknight, Pokemon Trainer, and Sonic. These were among the most popular in the Melee poll. Brawl had a poll too but we have yet to see the offical results of it. I suppose, like in the olden days, we could look at the number of entries in Sakurai's journal where they were mentioned because that did line up with a good number of characters. Of the top ten most mentioned, we had:

1. King Dedede (5 entries)
2. Geno (5 entries)
3. Ike (4 entries)
4. Diddy Kong (4 entries)
5. Ridley (4 entries)
6. Krystal (3 entries)
7. Toon Link (3 entries)
8. Olimar (3 entries)
9. Takamaru (3 entries)
10. Animal Crosser/Villager (3 entries)

I don't know if this will play any sort of role this time around because we still don't know if it really played that much of a role last time around. Showing how half the people on this list ended up being playable makes me think that it's not outside the realm of possibility that this list may have in fact been on the pulse of what fans many wanted and (aside from the Animal Crosser who Sakurai openly denounced at GDC 08) what Sakurai was interested in.

As for Geno's chances, I'd place them pretty low right now because, as I said, we don't have anything to go off of and his relevance is now three generations back. There's also the fact that he's third party and how, unlike Brawl's pre-release days, he doesn't have the surge of popularity behind him that made people who had never even played SMRPG take notice of him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My guess is... Later in the story, she becomes a princess. I wouldn't want Zelda fighting in that costume. Maybe they'll stay with TP Zelda then either change or not change Link.
I'm still questioning about that large fish that got her though. Why do I have the feeling that that fish works for Ganondorf?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Ice Climbers, Pit, etc had costumes that you only see in brawl (at the time... i know pit looks like that in uprising). there is nothing wrong with the zelda series having brawl costumes as well.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I have a crazy idea. At the end of SSE you beat Tabuu and you see him defeated but not dead. What if Tabuu didn't die and instead lost most of his power.

Tabuu as a playable character....

He would be smaller than in Brawl and have similar powers but much weaker. He would be the first original playable Smash character.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it is taboo to have tabuu playing along side those that nearly killed him.

I'm still questioning about that large fish that got her though. Why do I have the feeling that that fish works for Ganondorf?
Maybe the fish works for the demon, purple, fabulous looking guy and the fabulous guy works for Ganondorf.

I think Zelda's costume in Skyward Sword should be an alternate.

D

Deleted member

I have a crazy idea. At the end of SSE you beat Tabuu and you see him defeated but not dead. What if Tabuu didn't die and instead lost most of his power.

Tabuu as a playable character....

He would be smaller than in Brawl and have similar powers but much weaker. He would be the first original playable Smash character.
Not a fan of this character suggestion. The concept of beating the final boss and having him as a playable character is wonderful, but it should be someone like Ridley.

Also, Roy was the first original character to be playable.

OmegaXXII

lol.. Didn't they show Zelda's TP character design during e3's Wii-U announcement?

But yea the new model would
definetly be an updated look for
her, not so much upgraded, but still, it's obviously gonna be represented since the new Zelda game is gonna be out.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
he said he's going for a diferent playstyle than the other 2 games.
Melee was more ground based and offensive, Brawl was more aerial based and defensive so I'm guessing that SSB4 will be something inbetween. Either way, I don't think it will deviate that much from the core gameplay given how, like Brawl, SSB4 engine has been confirmed to be taken from Melee.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I see the irony: in wind waker, you live in a village of people with fishing boats and your sis gets kidnapped by a bird.

now you live in a village of people of people who fly on birds and zelda gets kidnapped by a fish.

OmegaXXII

I don't know. It's gonna be an original smash bros character.

Maybe since Mega Man would be in SSB 4, they should add a boss from either Mega Man or Monster Hunter.
Yes, I love the idea of someone as powerful as Tabuu being a playable character, hopfully it will happen.

Speaking of Megaman, look at this:

Well guys... Looks like a possible Capcom 3rd party might be in Smash after all, I hope it's either Ryu or Megaman.

Article:
IGN said:
During IGN's interview with Masahiro Sakurai, the legendary designer behind the Super Smash Bros. titles and the inventor of Kirby, we asked him about the possibility of a Capcom character crossing over into the next Super Smash Bros., which is coming to both 3DS and Wii U. Here's what he had to say:*
"I can't say that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that some Capcom character could appear in the next Smash Bros. The big problem, though, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a completely different universe to fit with the style that has been dictated by Nintendo's characters in a fighting game.*

"In fact, I actually think it's a miracle that we got Smash Bros. and all the Nintendo characters to work together in the first place. Especially when you bring Pokemon into the mix and a lot of the complications that are caused by that being an almost completely different entity on its own, it's really something. So this is something that obviously will come up more as we get started on the new Smash Bros. development, but keeping those things in mind I think is important."

Development on the title hasn't begun yet, but it's encouraging that Mr. Sakurai sees the biggest hurdle as one of ensuring a good fit, as opposed to other potential complications. Given that both Solid Snake and Sonic appeared in Brawl, a classic Capcom character or two could definitely work in the new title.*

We also asked Mr. Sakurai whether, looking back at Brawl and Melee, there were any things that he wasn't able to include - but really wanted to - that he could potentially put into the new title? He told is that: "There were actually a lot of things, but perhaps that's something to be talked about when we get closer to discussing that game in more detail."
Source: http://m.ign.com/articles/1174797

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
they should include past outfits of each character as part of their alternate costume.

for example, mario would have the standard colors, plus a shadow mario outfit or maybe one without the hat, and other outfits from past games. kind of like what they did with link and dark link.

How about Brawl guys? Is there any stage, music or element you want?

I think there should be a Final Destination stage that has 4 transitions:
1.) The SSB 4 final destination
2.) SSB 64 final destination
3.) SSBM final destination
4.) SSBB final destination

About Capcom... I'm sure it's Megaman that will represent Capcom. I wouldn't be surprised though if both of them are in SSB 4.

*Imagines Ryu talking to Pikachu*

Huh?

*Imagines Ryu talking to Snake*

Okay.....

D

Deleted member

@berserker01: I don't think we'll see more Capcom characters aside from Mega Man. Ryu and other characters may make it as DLC, but I think Capcom's priority is Classic Mega Man.

Thinking about it, Volnutt Mega Man being playable for advertisement purposes wouldn't work, especially since if the game gets released, it will be before SSB4. Snakes fits the description more and I doubt he's going anywhere.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
imagine Zero reps capcom? honestly, ever since zero usurped the MvC3 spot from Mega Man X, i despised capcom's judgement since Zero was already playable in TvC.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not a fan of this character suggestion. The concept of beating the final boss and having him as a playable character is wonderful, but it should be someone like Ridley.

Also, Roy was the first original character to be playable.
Eh... not really. Sakurai likely got ahold of concept art for Fire Emblem 6 and saw Roy and decided to add him to represent the soon-to-be-recent Fire Emblem game.

Tabuu as a playable character? Well, to be honest, I am not too excited about the idea but I cannot help but find the concept very intriguing. My friend who doesn't know how to play Smash once asked me if Tabuu is playable in Brawl and I told him no. He said that Tabuu should have been playable. I would accept Tabuu as an original playable character in Smash but no one else.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Personally, I think a different antagonist will be utilized for the next Adventure Mode.
Yes I think so too. They have for every other game. 64 it was Master hand, Melee it was Giga Bowser (Who later became somewhat playable), and it Brawl it was Tabuu. I'm sure they will have some new character but Tabuu could still be playable.

Tabuu is trying to regain his power and will defeat anyone in is way in order to get it. I heard there was a complex hack where you could play him but with only a Gamecube controller in the 3rd slot. So maybe his final smash he gets his power for a moment and different buttons gives different commands. So you would put in the combination of moves you want and he will do them.

D

Deleted member

imagine Zero reps capcom? honestly, ever since zero usurped the MvC3 spot from Mega Man X, i despised capcom's judgement since Zero was already playable in TvC.
Zero would be nice, but considering that we want Classic Mega Man in and that we're only going to see 3-4 third-party characters, there's no need for him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
they should include past outfits of each character as part of their alternate costume.

for example, mario would have the standard colors, plus a shadow mario outfit or maybe one without the hat, and other outfits from past games. kind of like what they did with link and dark link.

Speaking of alternate outfits, I did update my list to some extent.

D

Deleted member

@berserker01: Why is the X version such a problem? He has as much, if not more move sets potential, then the classic version.

@daAZNSensation: I think he should either be scrapped or remain a boss.

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
they could add zero in with megaman. if they do, just need to add other 3rd party characters to support them, i.e raiden for snake, shadow or knuckles for sonic but GnW i not sure who.

D

Deleted member

they could add zero in with megaman. if they do, just need to add other 3rd party characters to support them, i.e raiden for snake, shadow or knuckles for sonic but GnW i not sure who.

I'd rather not see that. As good as both characters are, we don't need then one rep from a third-party series when it can be used for something like Dragon Quest or Ninja Gaiden (And yes gsninja, Ninja Gaiden is more relevant then Fire Emblem. Ninja Gaiden has sold 5.5 million while Fire Emblem hasn't even broke that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom