• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
@Mic_128: 55 is a bit unrealistic, but hardly over the top and still is possible. I'm not expecting anything over 50, but it could happen, especially given that the Wii-U has 25 GB, the same as a PlayStation 3 Blu-Ray single-layer disc.
Please tell me any fighters with over 40 characters that are on the PS3.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Marvel 3 and Marvel 2.

Tekken 6 also.
Marvel vs. Capcom 3: 38 characters including DLC
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: Uses sprites, much easier to animate than 3D models.
Tekken 6: 41 characters, the only PS3 fighter to exceed 40

I still stand by 46-48 including transformations. People are going to be very disappointed if they expect over 50 characters (including transformations).

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

I still stand by 46-48 including transformations. People are going to be very disappointed if they expect over 50 characters (including transformations).
Well considering they WERE gonna announce two more characters I just counted em.

50 is rididculous though.

Only MvC2 and MK:A broke that I think.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
DBZ. I don't count it as a REAL fighter, but thats one for you.
True, that does, and how many characters share entire movesets? Quite a few.

EDIT: Same with MvC2. Wolverene + Bone Claw Wolverene anyone?

D

Deleted member

daAZNSensation said:
i hope they change some of the final smashes. falco 'cough' wolf 'cough' toon link and sheik oh 'cough cough'
I don't think Sheik is in need of a new Final Smash. You do have a point about the rest, thought. Someone suggested earlier that falco should have the Airwing while Wolf uses his Wolfen. Toon Link also needs a Final Smash for his own, thought not sure what they would be.
Mic_128 said:
Please tell me any fighters with over 40 characters that are on the PS3.
The Dragon Ball: Raging Blast games have over 40 characters. Tekken 6 has forty-three. Technically, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 also counts since there's a PS3 version and the game has over 50+.

Considering that Smash is going to be on a next gen system and that there's a lot of characterse to get in, I still stand by late 40s slots. Considering that Sakurai has a lot more to work with, it's not illogical to expect that much.

User33

Smash Journeyman
I'll give my best shot at a 48 character roster including transformations.

Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Donkey Kong series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Wario series
Wario

Yoshi series
Yoshi

Zelda series
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Young Link

Pokemon series
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Totodile, Grovyle, Charizard)
Zoroark

Metroid series
Samus/Zero-Suit Samus
Ridley

Star Fox series
Fox
Falco
Wolf

Kirby series
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Fire Emblem series
Marth
Ike

Mother series
Ness
Lucas

F-Zero series
Captain Falcon

Pikmin series
Olimar

Punch-Out!! series
Little Mac

Kid Icarus series
Pit
Medusa

Stafy series
Stafy

Golden Sun series
Isaac

Retro series
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game and Watch
R.O.B
Takumaru
Sheriff

Third party series
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

In summary, newcomers:

Bowser Jr
Young Link (reappearance)
Totodile
Grovyle
Zoroark
Ridley
Little Mac
Medusa
Stafy
Isaac
Takumaru
Sheriff
Megaman

13 newcomers in total.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Sheriff?

Out of all the retros you pick Sheriff?

Explaination please.

I wanna know what he can do.
I chose Sheriff because he is very much a part of Nintendo's history by being the main character in the first game Nintendo ever developed (Sheriff, 1979)

All he really does in his games is shoot, but I'm sure a moveset could be made up for him involving other moves from the Cowboy era.

Anyways, he's more of a placeholder than anything. There's always a WTF character that nobody really expects (Game and Watch, ROB) so I don't actually expect Sheriff specifically to get in. Something along those lines though.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Not enough villains/Females IMO.

I hope they take out chain grabbing in SSBU. They did DDD and Falco's on purpose and they turned out being too strong.

D

Deleted member

@User33: I think they'll be more then 42-44 characters in the game because of how much more space we have, but it is more reasonable then the 55+ rosters I've seen (Myself included), so I won't count off for that. Beside, if it does end up like that, we'll probably see DLC.

Other then that, the only people I can see from your list not coming are Sheriff (Very unlikely), Issac, and Starfy, both of which could be handheld exclusive.

So based off what you have, I'll give you a 9.5/10, even if I still don't believe in the logic you introduced on your first post is good. Basically everyone except Sheriff has a sizable chance of making it.

@kackamee: He's working with a limited roster, so of course we could expect something like this, especially if his logic that no old characters in existing franchise will make an appearance.

Tomorrow I'm going to present my own character roster. I believe that everyone on my roster has a 60% or more chance of making it into SSB4.

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
i honestly dont care how many characters will be on it, as long as they can balance them out and have no clones. some moves can be copy like 50 to 75% of others but thats it.

:phone:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
@kackamee: He's working with a limited roster, so of course we could expect something like this, especially if his logic that no old characters in existing franchise will make an appearance.
Yeah I know, but just in my opinion, before I added in entire new series like Golden Sun and Starfy, I'd want to add in more villains. Maybe I just like having story battles lol (How fun is Mario+Link vs. Bowser+Ganon)

EDIT: And if Ridley gets in, I want a skin that makes him look like the Condor from Ice Climber.

User33

Smash Journeyman
The final villain count totals 7 (Bowser, Bowser Jr, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Ridley, Wolf, Medusa), which could be higher I'll admit. However, I was limited character-wise.

I do agree that Isaac and Stafy could very well only be included in the 3DS version though. I'm not sure who I'd replace them with though.

As for Sheriff, again he's more of a placeholder for a "WTF" Retro character.

D

Deleted member

@User33: You could replace one with Isa Jo from Sin & Punishment: Star Successor, who unlike Saki, has made a console appearance and could work equally as well as Saki Amamiya.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
For retro characters, I'd personally go with Takamaru from the Mystery of Murasume Castle. I like the idea of a samurai/ninja character. He fights with a sword, throwing stars, explosives, and various kinds of magic. In a way, I imagine that he'd play like a combination of Marth and Shiek.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well he does use explosives, throwing stars, and has the ability to cloak himself. Either way, I think he'd be very entertaining to play as. He's also relevant because he was in Wario Ware: DIY and in Samurai Warriors 3, both 2010 releases, so he's far from forgotten which is more than I can say about the Ice Climbers when they got their start in Smash Bros.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's always a WTF character that nobody really expects (Game and Watch, ROB)
Actually a lot of people expected ROB after he appeared in Mario Kart DS, and then ROB's were shown in a Subspace cutscene setting up the bomb (all your stadium are belong to us)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Actually a lot of people expected ROB after he appeared in Mario Kart DS, and then ROB's were shown in a Subspace cutscene setting up the bomb (all your stadium are belong to us)
You know I agree with what you're saying. R.O.B. really did not fit the bill, he was very predictable, and had been suggested several times.

However, it was funny because people stopped expecting him to be in the roster once he was shown in that SSE update on the Smash Dojo because everybody thought "if they're shown in a non-playable form in an update they are instantly de-confirmed!", so in that way he was unexpected. At least to the people who were so sure that was 100% true.

As much as I disliked him being in the roster, that makes me laugh.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Well he does use explosives, throwing stars, and has the ability to cloak himself. Either way, I think he'd be very entertaining to play as. He's also relevant because he was in Wario Ware: DIY and in Samurai Warriors 3, both 2010 releases, so he's far from forgotten which is more than I can say about the Ice Climbers when they got their start in Smash Bros.
He was also in Captain Rainbow.

If anyone wants to know, all of the retro NES characters (Sakurai hasn't chosen outside of the NES) are listed at the bottom of this page.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Takamaru

I honestly think Takamaru's only comp is Sukapon, Mike Jones, and MAYBE Bubbles.

The Duck Hunt Dog what be the most WTF though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He was also in Captain Rainbow.

If anyone wants to know, all of the retro NES characters (Sakurai hasn't chosen outside of the NES) are listed at the bottom of this page.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Takamaru

I honestly think Takamaru's only comp is Sukapon, Mike Jones, and MAYBE Bubbles.

The Duck Hunt Dog what be the most WTF though.
He's turned down Sukapon twice and it was for the same reason each time: too difficult to implement into Smash Bros. Bubbles was also on his list of Retro characters he turned down because they didn't have enough to work with. Some other retro characters he mentioned he gave the thumbs down to were the Urban Champion, the Excite Biker, and the Balloon Fighter.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Ok. I need to ask. Where did Sakurai confirm that there would be 3DS exclusive characters? Why are people saying that it like it's fact? Sakurai DID say that the WiiU version would be MUCH bigger, so the only cuts would be on the 3DS side. No reason to have characters not on the full version. I doubt Sakurai would be satisfied having a character not realized fully and doomed to rot unplayed on the 3DS. Also, if you take away all the handheld characters from the WiiU version, who is left? What console Nintendo characters are cool nowadays?

:phone:

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sakurai didn't say anything about Sukapon in Brawl. Hinestly, I still haven't found any source on that. I've found the ExciteBike, Urban Champ, Balloon Fighter thing. I've also found the Bubbles thing. The only thing Sakurai said about Sukapon was to not expect him in the future. This was in 2000 though. Things can change. Also, if you could find me the source on that, that would be cool. They have better resourses than they did for Melee so I think they can do it.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

Hyper Street Fighter II as well, since it had 65 characters, though I'm not sure if it counts since it's the same characters in different versions. and Akuma.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wouldn't say that it's very likely though given how he was turned down not once but twice and that the only remnant of him in either game is a single sticker. It also doesn't help that he's Japan only and that, aside from Brawl, he hasn't had any cameos in anything despite the original game being released in 1993. I know people can change their minds but it doesn't exactly help that he's one of the few characters in Smash Bros' 12 year history that Sakurai's publically denounced.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I don't know if he was turned down for Brawl either. I don't think he was even considered. But I'm just saying that I think he could of changed his mind in a decade and if it was a technical problem, again it was a decade ago.

But we'll see. I don't think he's gonna get in but his chance is higher than most imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom