• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai didn't say anything about Sukapon in Brawl. Hinestly, I still haven't found any source on that. I've found the ExciteBike, Urban Champ, Balloon Fighter thing. I've also found the Bubbles thing. The only thing Sakurai said about Sukapon was to not expect him in the future. This was in 2000 though. Things can change. Also, if you could find me the source on that, that would be cool. They have better resourses than they did for Melee so I think they can do it.
Talk around the ol' Sukapon thread was Sakurai said something about the creator of Sukapon. I don't remember if they had a source or not, but you probably can still find the thread here.

I have a link to the old Geno thread in my sig, so it's probably there as well.

I was for Sukapon in Brawl, LOL.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
i honestly dont care how many characters will be on it, as long as they can balance them out and have no clones. some moves can be copy like 50 to 75% of others but thats it.

:phone:
Yea, some characters that need this applied to are Ganondorf, Luigi, Young Link/WW Link, and Falco/Wolf. These guys definetly had potential for their own moveset but Sakurai was lazy and just copy and pasted moves which is bad.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yea, some characters that need this applied to are Ganondorf, Luigi, Young Link/WW Link, and Falco/Wolf. These guys definetly had potential for their own moveset but Sakurai was lazy and just copy and pasted moves which is bad.

Sakurai's excuse was that he didn't want to alienate Melee Ganondorf mains from Brawl.

I hate to tell you Sakurai, but nerfing him to hell also alienates them

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Talk around the ol' Sukapon thread was Sakurai said something about the creator of Sukapon. I don't remember if they had a source or not, but you probably can still find the thread here.

I have a link to the old Geno thread in my sig, so it's probably there as well.

I was for Sukapon in Brawl, LOL.
I read that whole thread and I don't remember that being said (I remember you being there). I really don't want to read the entire thread again. *_*

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
lol that's fine.
anyways, the official character artwork. i want them to be High Quality + Definition renders. and not poses from in game graphics. I want them to get a highly skilled artist to draw the art. that means that the character selection screen would reflect the art. as an artist, this is what i want... i am also kinda getting tired of the overuse of the brawl character poses in their fan rosters. with that being said, in my roster that i will construct after finals, i will reduce the amount of brawl images in the roster... i will also make multiple rosters: a general roster, a Massive fan service roster, a Dream roster and My roster; the my roster, i will draw myself using the Cintiq 21UX they have here at AI. unfortunately, it will be finished by the time i turn 21... January of next year... i am kinda backed up on my commissions not to mention the inevitable hard work i get at school.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What are your thoughts on Meloetta?

Its a legendary from Black/White that is able to transform between different forms in battle. Sakurai seems to like characters that transform, so he might give it a look. However, I personally think that Zoroark or Victini is much more likely. However, I think once Meloetta is formally unveiled (or at least becomes the main Pokemon in a Pokemon movie) there will be much more people putting it in their rosters.

Really, its a bit sad that we are going to have to wait a year before we see or hear anything meaningful pertaining to Smash 4. The official site for Sora has stated that development for Smash 4 will begin in October of this year, so we are actually a few months away from development on Smash 4 even beginning.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Its a legendary from Black/White that is able to transform between different forms in battle. Sakurai seems to like characters that transform, so he might give it a look. However, I personally think that Zoroark or Victini is much more likely. However, I think once Meloetta is formally unveiled (or at least becomes the main Pokemon in a Pokemon movie) there will be much more people putting it in their rosters.

Really, its a bit sad that we are going to have to wait a year before we see or hear anything meaningful pertaining to Smash 4. The official site for Sora has stated that development for Smash 4 will begin in October of this year, so we are actually a few months away from development on Smash 4 even beginning.
I'd rather have Genesect. LOL, when Meloetta was first seen they described her dance form as "Male Form" and thought she turned from female to male. It just has it's hair pinned up, people are weird

BTW, has Meloetta even been revealed yet?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
ROTFLOL, it really was a cluster**** of numbers at first, i used a google image rescaled cause i didn't want to use a massive image... as i went back to retrieve the larger image i was laughing the whole time cause i knew someone would see the cluster**** before i can get there in time.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Is that... is that a Pokemon playing the bass? I've never seen her or heard or her, but I'll support any bass wielding character.

OmegaXXII

Sakurai's excuse was that he didn't want to alienate Melee Ganondorf mains from Brawl.

Yea the least hecould have done with Ganon was to have kept him buff, but at least Sora is going to do the development, hopefully there's a genius amongst them.

Meloetta seems like a nice choice, cool design, but like you mentioned, unless Meloetta starts in his own movie chances are we're most likely get Zoroark which ain't a bad choice as well.

But yea, since it's going to be a while, even until they decide to post updates on the DOJO, this thread is pretty much going to be filled with nostalgia and hype which I strangly find amusing.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is that... is that a Pokemon playing the bass? I've never seen her or heard or her, but I'll support any bass wielding character.

It's a real pokemon but the character design here takes a lot of artistic liberties. This is the actual pokemon:

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/648.shtml

It's a music pokemon and it has two forms: one that specializes in music and one that specializes in dance.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wars needs in, just a matter of who. My thoughts led to Sami for the infantry experience, I could see her be a successor to Snake if he didn't return.

But even then I'm not picking up this **** until Board the Platforms is back

Jonas

Smash Champion

Lol, semi maining Ganon myself, I feel even more offended now :bee:
It's like they purposely made every single one of his moves worse, maybe except for side B.

OmegaXXII

Ganondorf needs his ****** sword already, I tired of have to ****** hack my wii just to use it!!

The same goes for Mewtwo, INCLUDE HIM SAKURAI!!!! : mad:

Zoroark is a fine choice, **** Lucario!!

...and we need the Black Knight already, seriously Sakurai.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Please tell me any fighters with over 40 characters that are on the PS3.
The Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi series is a perfect example of fighting games with over 40 characters. Of course, the fighters are all from the Dragon Ball universe, and certain characters do have separate forms, which are not involved with transformations.

Examples

DBZBT2: Vegeta (scouter), Vegeta, Vegeta (second form)

DBZBT3: Goku (early), Goku (mid), Goku (end), Goku (GT)

Oddly, SS4 Goku and SS4 Vegeta are separate entities in DBZBT2, while in DBZBT3, SS4 Goku was a transformation state for Goku (GT), while SS4 Vegeta was still a separate entity.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You know, I used to want Ganondorf to have a sword but overtime it's become less and less of an issue for me. To me, Brawl made it abundantly clear to me that none of the characters will ever get complete overhauls and stray too far from how they played in the game they premiered in. Think about the characters that did change in Brawl: Mario- 1 new move (down B), 1 move switched for another (down aerial switched with original down B) Bowser- 1 new move (B smash) Ganondorf- 1 new move(B smash) Toon Link- 2 new moves ( back aerial and forward aerial) Kirby- 1 new move (dash attack) Falco- 3 new moves (B smash, neutral aerial and forward aerial), and Mr. Game and Watch- 1 new move (neutral aerial).

Not very much, right? All the other changes we saw were mere property changes of the attacks which is normal to see between sequels (for example, Ness's PK Flash). There's two other reasons why I really don't care about Ganondorf's sword anymore. For one, changing moveset to include his sword would basically require them to recreate him as a new character and I'd prefer it if they spent that time towards a character genuinely new to the series. Secondly, I've grown to like the personna that Ganondorf has now in Smash. He's a wizard that's so strong that he doesn't need weapons or magic to take you down. Yeah, Ganondorf was awesome in the Wind Waker but I think his current image is just fine. If anything, they need to focus on buffing him so that he isn't laughably bad anymore.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Every character needs their own Break the Targets again, at least. Board the platforms would be amazing. :3

OmegaXXII

Agreed, Ganondorf definetly needs to get buffed up, I mean c'mon in Brawl, he was hardly able to pull out Fsmashes, much less even hope of spamming a warlock punch, not did I do that lol.. ;)

I just figured a sword mechanic would work in his favor, yea he's powerful enough without it, but it just adds a bit of coolness to him y'know.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Little picky, don't you think? I mean I loved BTP but I would still very likely buy the game.
Also idk if this has been asked but how do you guys think the physics will end up?
I already gave my idea on physics. It'd make the game ridiculous, but so much more satisfying.

(Also, lawl, kid Medusa. :3)

OmegaXXII

Every character needs their own Break the Targets again, at least. Board the platforms would be amazing. :3

Yes, that's another little mode I miss, In Melee everybody bad their own Target stage which was based on their capabities, I'm side something like this could be brought back, just like entrances did.

PG-13

Smash Cadet
Agreed, Ganondorf definetly needs to get buffed up, I mean c'mon in Brawl, he was hardly able to pull out Fsmashes, much less even hope of spamming a warlock punch, not did I do that lol.. ;)

I just figured a sword mechanic would work in his favor, yea he's powerful enough without it, but it just adds a bit of coolness to him y'know.

Well they can mix a buffed Ganon with a sword Ganon, but somehow I imagine a sword only Ganon becoming an Ike clone withdark power instead of fire.

PG-13

Smash Cadet
Yes, that's another little mode I miss, In Melee everybody bad their own Target stage which was based on their capabities, I'm side something like this could be brought back, just like entrances did.

There was also race to the finish but the subspace mode kinda did that for brawl.

some_jerk

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather have ganon have his energy ball attacks over the sword. Make it possible to send them flying back at him to result in a crazy game of energy ball tennis.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Really? At least we have a date now. Wonder if they will hold another poll?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'd rather have ganon have his energy ball attacks over the sword. Make it possible to send them flying back at him to result in a crazy game of energy ball tennis.
Why not a mix of all three? You have to admit, his SideB in Brawl is pretty bamf, he should at least keep that

PG-13

Smash Cadet
I honestly like that idea better than the sword. More magic in Smash Bros, less swords, or maybe they can mix energy balls with a sword, idk.

OmegaXXII

Well they can mix a buffed Ganon with a sword Ganon, but somehow I imagine a sword only Ganon becoming an Ike clone withdark power instead of fire.
I wouldn't even be surprised if they did that, Sakurai tells sora "sure well give him a sword, but now he'll be an Ike clone instead".

As for Ike, he was surprisingly buffed in Smash, considering je wasn't all that powerful in FE.

OmegaXXII

There was also race to the finish but the subspace mode kinda did that for brawl.
I miss that as well, it reminded of the good ol' N64 smash, instead of adding a generic target stage, another race to the finish would be nice instead, maybe even some kind of new mini game as well.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I agree with this. He also needs the Ganondorf *****slap that can reflect projectiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom