• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't know why some of you are saying that Zelda and/or Link won't change their appearances.

This is a given in Smash that when possible the Zelda characters will change to accomodate the latest installment

From 64 to Melee Link didn't change because the only main Zelda game to come out was Majora's Mask which kept the same art style

From Melee to Brawl we got the Twilight Princess versions of the big zelda 3

and I have no doubt that all 3 will be changed to fit their SS appearances (even Ganon who has yet to be seen, but i'm wiling to bet that he's in it)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
imagine Zero reps capcom? honestly, ever since zero usurped the MvC3 spot from Mega Man X, i despised capcom's judgement since Zero was already playable in TvC.
I personally think they did that because they knew they would make a killing if they made Megaman a downloadable character. Now that there are rumors of a Super Marvel vs Capcom 3 in the works, that's still a possibility.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
How about Brawl guys? Is there any stage, music or element you want?

I think there should be a Final Destination stage that has 4 transitions:
1.) The SSB 4 final destination
2.) SSB 64 final destination
3.) SSBM final destination
4.) SSBB final destination
Yes, a transition like this would definetly be the ultimate version of Final Destination.

As for Tabuu, yea it would be nice, not necessary but he would certainly be an original to say the least.

If a Capcom character gets in, you better believe it's going to be either Megaman or Ryu, Zero is just not happening in Smash, even if he has been included over Megaman in recent fighting games.

:phone:

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Ridley having a Meta Ridley and Omega Ridley alt costume would be sick. In fact, Ridley could have the following:

-Ridley
-Meta Ridley
-MP3 Meta Ridley
-Omega Ridley
-Neo Ridley
-Echo Ridley

6 costumes. Sounds right to me.

D

Deleted member

Let's not go crazy with the costumes guys. It should only change if the appearance will be noticeably different like it would be with Overall/WarioWare Wario and King K. Rool's two alter ego's.

That said, at least Mario and Wario deserves alternative costumes. Dr. Mario as Mario's alternative costume anyone?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
tabuu would make a great assist trophy, anybody agree?

Nah, his moves are too complex for being an AT. If anything he should stay as a boss. I was just thinking of an original Smash character possibility.

As for Megaman they will take ideas from all the games in the series. It's what they do for characters like Snake and Link. In 64 and Melee Adult Link didn't have a Boomerang but it was a signature item so they gave him it. Solid Snake's appearance is from Twin Snakes Gamecube version but his up B is from another game. The Megaman's appearance will probably be the latest version shown in Nintendo (I don't know what that is) but he will have moves taken from the entire series.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Let's not go crazy with the costumes guys. It should only change if the appearance will be noticeably different like it would be with Overall/WarioWare Wario and King K. Rool's two alter ego's.

That said, at least Mario and Wario deserves alternative costumes. Dr. Mario as Mario's alternative costume anyone?
But Ridley has more variations than Wario and King K Rool combined lol.

D

Deleted member

Nah, his moves are too complex for being an AT. If anything he should stay as a boss. I was just thinking of an original Smash character possibility.

As for Megaman they will take ideas from all the games in the series. It's what they do for characters like Snake and Link. In 64 and Melee Adult Link didn't have a Boomerang but it was a signature item so they gave him it. Solid Snake's appearance is from Twin Snakes Gamecube version but his up B is from another game. The Megaman's appearance will probably be the latest version shown in Nintendo (I don't know what that is) but he will have moves taken from the entire series.
I think Mega Man should gain power once he KOs an opponent. Example, he KOs Pikachu, he gets power similar to he gets for defeating Elec Man.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
This is a given in Smash that when possible the Zelda characters will change to accommodate the latest installment

From 64 to Melee Link didn't change because the only main Zelda game to come out was Majora's Mask which kept the same art style

From Melee to Brawl we got the Twilight Princess versions of the big zelda 3

and I have no doubt that all 3 will be changed to fit their SS appearances (even Ganon who has yet to be seen, but i'm wiling to bet that he's in it)
Sigh... i have not heard of the big zelda 3... (*adding to algorithmic library*)
anyways, you're following a pattern that has yet to be confirmed. even if Smash 5 followed the same scheme, it isn't official unless confirmed by Sakurai. unless you can get someone or yourself to get sakurai to talk about such trivial topics, it will forever remain a mystery. but for now, no, it is not confirmed that he follows your O12s and your Mario Big 8s and your big zelda 3s.

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I agree with getting new costumes rather than simple color swaps

For example give Mario a costume that looks just like Dr. Mario

and one for Peach that looks like Rosalina

@berserker01: Why is the X version such a problem? He has as much, if not more move sets potential, then the classic version.

@daAZNSensation: I think he should either be scrapped or remain a boss.
I just prefer Classic Mega Man. Not that I dislike X
ouch, that hurts...
i will choose not to hurt you back...
My bad :/

I have an idea.

How about Omega/Meta/Any type Ridley (except default Ridley) could be a boss.

White line - 2D plane

Omega/Meta/Any type Ridley is at the middle.

Ridley is still a playable though but I thought of one bad thing about this...
If you play as Ridley in this boss.... It looks weird.

I also have a change list. Feel free to comment or remind me if I forgot about something:

Mario
- Fireballs flow like how they did in melee
- Return the Mario tornado to Mario's down B
- Increase Mario's power and knockback

Link
- GREATLY increase Link's recovery
- Return his ability to grapple the wall
- Make him a little faster but a little weaker (He's still a character that has power over speed)

Samus
- Change the dodge animation to the new sense move ability she does in Metroid OR make her current dodge animation faster
- Maybe change the color and shape of her charge shot like how it is in Prime or Other M
- Make the missile shots travel faster

Yoshi
- Improve Yoshi's shield game
- Increase Yoshi's kill power

Luigi
- Down B: Poltergust

Captain Falcon
- Melee Falcon anyone? Just make him the combo character we know since Smash 64.

Ganondorf
- CHANGE HIS MOVESET! Make him use a sword.

Zelda
- Faster recovery
- Din's fire can either be used as a projectile OR it can be used as an explosion around Zelda. To use the explosion, simply tap the analog forward then CLICK (not hold) the B button

Meta Knight
- MAKE HIM 1000x WEAKER! Make most of his attacks KO at around 150% or more
- Lower the power of his up B recovery
- nerf that mach tornado

Snake
- Fine? Maybe lower his range to make him less broken

Pokemon Trainer
- Remove the stamina system!

D

Deleted member

Yeah I agree with getting new costumes rather than simple color swaps

For example give Mario a costume that looks just like Dr. Mario

and one for Peach that looks like Rosalina
I think it would be more fitting for Peach to have Daisy as an alternate costume.

OmegaXXII

Solid Snake's appearance is from Twin Snakes Gamecube version but his up B is from another game. The Megaman's appearance will probably be the latest version shown in Nintendo (I don't know what that is) but he will have moves taken from the entire series.
The Snake model In Brawl comes from Metal Gear Solid 2 not Twin Snakes, but technically it's based of MGS2.

But I do agree with 3rd party moveset implementation, just as Sonic got his iconic moves for which he was known for, we can assume that Megaman's moves will also be a combination of past and recent

Neontiger94

Smash Apprentice
Sigh... i have not heard of the big zelda 3... (*adding to algorithmic library*)
anyways, you're following a pattern that has yet to be confirmed. even if Smash 5 followed the same scheme, it isn't official unless confirmed by Sakurai. unless you can get someone or yourself to get sakurai to talk about such trivial topics, it will forever remain a mystery. but for now, no, it is not confirmed that he follows your O12s and your Mario Big 8s and your big zelda 3s.
By big 3 I just meant the 3 triforce bearers: Zelda, Link and Ganondorf

Yeah the daisy one should stay as well, but you know just some fanservice to Rosalina fans, which surprisingly there are alot of
Use the edit button Neon so you can avoid double post

Maybe Rosalina can replace either the blue or green costume because they only bring a resemblance of Peach and Daisy in the NES open tournament golf.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
in brawl, can you swap your clothing from Wario when in team mode? i don't have brawl so can someone else do it?

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I usually read through the pages I missed but when it's 40+ pages I'm not going to bother. I agree with Sensation that some characters need a different FS.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
if so, then the only problem would be the hair style... in brawl, Daisy retains Peach's hair. i want the hair to be true to the model, same goes for Rosalina.

This is old news.

Sorry if we know too much about the Wii U already. The only mystery is if they could apply 4 tablets on one console. If they can't then this console would be a failure since only one person gets the hardcore controls while one guy takes the CC and the other 2 are forced to adapt to the wiimote/nunchuk in other games

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it's just a chorus singing Hallelujah, showing what refugee's expression is.

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
This is old news.

Sorry if we know too much about the Wii U already. The only mystery is if they could apply 4 tablets on one console. If they can't then this console would be a failure since only one person gets the hardcore controls while one guy takes the CC and the other 2 are forced to adapt to the wiimote/nunchuk in other games
i heard it could only use one. it would be too much if it could stream to all four controllers at once. oh well, you could take turns

That wasn't my reaction. I was fine with friend codes. At least nintendo used the gamer tag idea (Which is WAY better than FCs)

i heard it could only use one. it would be too much if it could stream to all four controllers at once. oh well, you could take turns

Nintendo will most likely do something about it since they are aware of the problem. That plus a few modifications means they might delay the release of the Wii U.

Has anyone read this?

I have an idea.

How about Omega/Meta/Any type Ridley (except default Ridley) could be a boss.

White line - 2D plane

Omega/Meta/Any type Ridley is at the middle.

Ridley is still a playable though but I thought of one bad thing about this...
If you play as Ridley in this boss.... It looks weird.

I also have a change list. Feel free to comment or remind me if I forgot about something:

Mario
- Fireballs flow like how they did in melee
- Return the Mario tornado to Mario's down B
- Increase Mario's power and knockback

Link
- GREATLY increase Link's recovery
- Return his ability to grapple the wall
- Make him a little faster but a little weaker (He's still a character that has power over speed)

Samus
- Change the dodge animation to the new sense move ability she does in Metroid OR make her current dodge animation faster
- Maybe change the color and shape of her charge shot like how it is in Prime or Other M
- Make the missile shots travel faster

Yoshi
- Improve Yoshi's shield game
- Increase Yoshi's kill power

Luigi
- Down B: Poltergust

Captain Falcon
- Melee Falcon anyone? Just make him the combo character we know since Smash 64.

Ganondorf
- CHANGE HIS MOVESET! Make him use a sword.

Zelda
- Faster recovery
- Din's fire can either be used as a projectile OR it can be used as an explosion around Zelda. To use the explosion, simply tap the analog forward then CLICK (not hold) the B button

Meta Knight
- MAKE HIM 1000x WEAKER! Make most of his attacks KO at around 150% or more
- Lower the power of his up B recovery
- nerf that mach tornado

Snake
- Fine? Maybe lower his range to make him less broken

Pokemon Trainer
- Remove the stamina system!

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
With Nintendo's new alliance with Square Enix, I'm looking forward to Geno :) I'll probably be let down, but who knows.

With Nintendo's new alliance with Square Enix, I'm looking forward to Geno :) I'll probably be let down, but who knows.
All the characters are in the status of "Who knows" or below.

Just avoid starting a character discussion because it will start a riot or argument. It's better to wait for the dojo and prepare for the horrible truth

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
what new alliance?

also, i just thought to myself... what if there is a way that link will become the Fierce Deity at some point in the past and that we get to play as him when that future game comes out? i wonder how far back in the timeline it is?

OmegaXXII

the fact that Square has a good relation with Nintendo is a first good thing, the second thing is that if there are in a Nintendo system, chances are we'll see a character related to them, if square decided on this of course.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332

daAZNSensation

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I usually read through the pages I missed but when it's 40+ pages I'm not going to bother. I agree with Sensation that some characters need a different FS.
im also suggesting upgrades to some of the current fs, or ehancements like mario will have twin dragons going in a double helix formation or pikachu conjures up a thunderstorm or snake could ride one od the metal gears on stage. just throwing these ideas out

User33

Smash Journeyman
He may be implying 50 individual character slots. Brawl had 35 individual slots and 39 individual characters. If no body gets cut, that means it would only take 11 characters to get to 50 which would be kind of strange given how Melee had 14 new characters and Brawl had 17. Also, didn't he mention that he's not fully in charge of the characters anymore? From the sound of things, he's mainly passing off the reigns to his staff.
He's passing off the balancing of the characters to the staff. Sakurai balanced the characters all by himself for Brawl.

I'm personally predicting 46-48 characters including transformations. 42-44 slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom