• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Leads me to believe the "original 12" rule is just a load of crap people began to assume. I don't think Sakurai has ever said they were safe, and clearly they WEREN'T always safe.
Yea... I've already been saying the O12 was utter horse**** of the masses.

@everyone... why do some of you consider SSBF so highly?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
In a way, yes. I'm saying that, since Sora is a different entity from Nintendo, that we can't rule out the possibility unless Sakurai himself says something about it.

And yeah, I personally thought that interview was a gold mine. Surprised it hasn't been brought up before.
Yes of course, for that reason I hope Sakurai convinces Iwata about having DLC for Smash, I am feeling very optimistic after learning that Sakurai actually wanted voice chat for Brawl which means he's thought of online.

:phone:

Steam

Smash Hero
though I will say this is getting a lot better than it used to. at least I'm not having to defend that one thing in that one debate.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Seeing that post shows Possibility's of haveing dlc in ssb4 :D

I' my self can't see why they would cut the original 12:0

The original 12 have been in the past 3 ssb's but i guess he could cut them if he want's to:/

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Man, I wish this theme would play in SSB4's intro cinematic. I didn't use it in my script just because it's not Nintendo, but how would this sound when you started SSB4?

Nehrim: At Fate's Edge - Hapttehme (The song name is German and translates simply to "Main Theme")

Anyways, on-topic, what is your preferable or predicted stage roster?

It doesn't necessarily need to have all spots for a stage filled in, since not all of us are familiar with all franchises, but it would be organized to show how many stages each franchise gets, how many past stages we get, etc.

If you're not interested in a stage roster, how does a Donkey Kong mine cart level for Adventure Mode or just as a regular stage sound? Players fight enemies on the Mole Train seen in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

While most of the ride on the train takes place underground, the player could also see glimpses of the jungle outside or ride through a classic DK factory where the ore is processed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Worded perfectly. I wanted to address that but I didn't have the proper context in mind.
Unfortunately, a person like SmashChu would never accept this.

Everyone must keep an open mind. Your way of thinking is not THE best way of thinking. Even with all of the ideas I've had, I'll play Smash every now and then and watch Project M videos and see that maybe my ideas aren't needed, but I'd still like to see them tested before being shot down.

OmegaXXII

Man, I wish this theme would play in SSB4's intro cinematic. I didn't use it in my script just because it's not Nintendo, but how would this sound when you started SSB4?

Nehrim: At Fate's Edge - Hapttehme (The song name is German and translates simply to "Main Theme")
Hey, nice theme, that would definetly be a good theme to open your new Smash 4 copy lol..

Java said:
If you're not interested in a stage roster, how does a Donkey Kong mine cart level for Adventure Mode or just as a regular stage sound? Players fight enemies on the Mole Train seen in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

While most of the ride on the train takes place underground, the player could also see glimpses of the jungle outside or ride through a classic DK factory where the ore is processed.
I love this idea as far as Stages goes, it sounds like a very creative and unique stage, if Diddy and K.Rool were to appear man that would be awesome along with this stage of course, we also need some classic DKC themes as well IMO.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Anyways, on-topic, what is your preferable or predicted stage roster?

It doesn't necessarily need to have all spots for a stage filled in, since not all of us are familiar with all franchises, but it would be organized to show how many stages each franchise gets, how many past stages we get, etc.

It would be rather interesting to implement mine carts into some of the Adventure Mode stages. Mole Miner Max could be a mini-boss in an ambush area, while the Mole Miners are generic enemies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think most of all he wanted your context to include sources and plausibility and didn't get the context of speculation in discussion, even if its just for the fun of it.
I must of missed this because I skipped pages and the vast majority of anything SmashChu says.

OmegaXXII

Speaking of DLC, why hasn't anyone brought up the concept of temporary maps? Online for a week, Play it , give feedback, perhaps it will be included in a DLC map if popular enough after a few tweaks.
What do you mean by such maps? Enlighten me sir.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The one thing I liked about DKCR is the way they remade the zones from DKC but added stories to each of them.

The factory either wasn't originally kremlin or was taken over by chickens after the kremlins left.

The minecarts being used by moles

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Out of curiosity, would people prefer to have both Mewtwo(buffed) and Lucario back, or one of them back with Zoroark/Victini?
I'm not even sure if we'll even get 5 Pokemon reps. I would ditch Jigglypuff if it weren't for the fact that it's an original 12 character.

Off-topic: Post #3333

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
WHAT?! After WEEKS of ignored comments, I finally get some love?

Well to answer your question, I mean to express the concepts of Beta Stages. Remember that (although it was limited) the stage builder was a big deal in promoting designs. Halo Reach took the approach with Forge world where top notch designs made it into the official batch of maps.

What this means for smash is the possibility of having stage designs that resemble ones made in the stage builder updated by the official smash developers. That could also include stages that the team designs themselves that would be showcased in the way that Sonic Gen had been. Depending on how positive the feedback is for these stages, they could be included for official downloads.
Oh ok i see we do need a big up dat for that!
And they could give us dlc for that like back grounds we didin't have very many lol.

OmegaXXII

WHAT?! After WEEKS of ignored comments, I finally get some love?

Well to answer your question, I mean to express the concepts of Beta Stages. Remember that (although it was limited) the stage builder was a big deal in promoting designs. Halo Reach took the approach with Forge world where top notch designs made it into the official batch of maps.

What this means for smash is the possibility of having stage designs that resemble ones made in the stage builder updated by the official smash developers. That could also include stages that the team designs themselves that would be showcased in the way that Sonic Gen had been. Depending on how positive the feedback is for these stages, they could be included for official downloads.
Nice concept idea you have there, I would love the possibility of beta-like stages implemented into DLC and such, it really wouldn't hurt Nintendo to do so, depending on the kind of stage im sure most people would be willing to try and maybe even download some stages as well, IMO it would garner them some more profit doing so.

..and yes son, seems I'm back from the other side. ;)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Personally, I don't even want any of the Pokemon from Black/White. I'm fine with just bringing back Mewtwo.

Too bad The Pokemon Company has so much control over their property.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I decided to mull over some possible choices on sheer moveset potential. I came down to three.

Deoxys- Flailing whip tendrils and alternate forms. HUGE moveset potential, probably the most unique if we're thinking pokemon newcomers. Plus... a Majora themed color swap anyone? :)
Medusa- Staff combat, Magic, and Snake Hair.
Ray (Custom Robo)- HUGE potential, with bombs, pods, and guns, all having a vast scope of effects, it'd be near IMPOSSIBLE to dumb Ray down to be similar. Definitely my pick for most unique.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
New mechanic suggestion. A friend of mine and I were talking about 3S parries (I personally hate them), and the subject switched to alpha counters. Now, what's an alpha counter? It's a mechanic originally from the Street Fighter Alpha series and is looking to make an appearance in SF x TK in a new way. You can also see a similar mechanic with MvC3. Here's the definition for the Alpha version.

"When you block your opponent's attack, press the Direction Buttons (Quarter Circle Backwards) in a smooth motion, then press a punch or kick button. This will perform an Alpha Counter attack, which is a quick counter move against your vulnerable opponent. Each character has 2 different Alpha Counters depending which button you press. Alpha Counters consume 1 level on your Super Combo Gauge".
What do you think about this if the inputs were switched to FTilt and Side B? I'm not saying the alpha counters would be those moves, just the input for them.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
this?
Rose Alpha Counter

i'm thinking of the bubble defense in smash... using back would leave the bubble sphere to defend your backside leaving your front wide open... if we get alpha counter, then how will the bubble sphere be changed to compensate?

waitaminit... f-tilt?... never mind.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What do you think about this if the inputs were switched to FTilt and Side B? I'm not saying the alpha counters would be those moves, just the input for them.
Can you elaborate? I'm glad I know how to do that now though. I was playing SFA2 last week and kept doing it but didn't know why.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
this?
Rose Alpha Counter

i'm thinking of the bubble defense in smash... using back would leave the bubble sphere to defend your backside leaving your front wide open... if we get alpha counter, then how will the bubble sphere be changed to compensate?
I thought about this before, except I suggested normal blocking AND shield bubbles. One for limitless blocking with chip and limited blocking with no chip.

Anyway, yeah, that's the alpha counter I was referring to. I think if Alpha Counters were implmented in Smash, the bubble sphere would have to change to the point its revamped. While there'd be change, you get a lot of depth for it. Here's what I'm thinking.

Bubble shield acts like FG blocking. Standing while shielding covers aerial and mid attacks, but crouching cover mid and low attacks. Further more, to go with what you said about the shield going back, you can switch the direction of the blocking. This introduces high-low and crossup mixups into the game.
That's incredible, but why are attacks allowed cancel out like that?
Can you reword that, I didn't quite understand what you said.

Can you elaborate? I'm glad I know how to do that now though. I was playing SFA2 last week and kept doing it but didn't know why.
Everyone would have two alpha counters (going by SFA's system) and the two counter moves are assigned to the FTilt and SideB inputs. The alpha counter wouldn't necessarily be the character's actual moves for those inputs. For example, Mario could have Super Jump Punch and DSmash.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
FTilting requires using the A button. Block + A button = Grab... on contact of a physical attack, would the grab be changed to Alpha Counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom