• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam

Smash Hero
@steam: Here's the link for Victini's inclusion, read it well!!

http://projectunova-limelight788.blogspot.com/2011/07/project-unova-campaign.html

:phone:
yeah, I agree with all of that except that zoroark being in keeps lucario/mewtwo out. I've always thought zoroark overrated. but every time I say he hasn't taken off like lucario someone just cries lucario fanboy. But yeah, Victini is pretty likely, I just personally don't see sakurai choosing him over zoroark... I'd have no problem with him tho. Wouldn't shock me if he was included.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Out of curiosity, would people prefer to have both Mewtwo(buffed) and Lucario back, or one of them back with Zoroark/Victini?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I view victini equally with zoroark. I think zoroark looks stupid with stupid makeup. :/

don't cry bias just because I don't agree with you

be careful about going with just relevance, what they have "new" to add is a large factor with sakurai. I just see Zoroark "fitting" better... but yeah zoroark never really took off... and I've already said why I don't think victini is unique,a lot of his normal moves would either disfigure his body or he'd basically have to throw a fire hitbox like lucario does. and anything else he does would be off of mewtwo... but that's just why I think he can't coexist with lucario/mewtwo as well as zoroark can.

and I don't think I need to write an essay on why lucario would make it in before mewtwo lol. he's more relevant/popular these days and has more unique to add. though as much as I'm saying relevance isn't everything... I think the fact that lucario has become sort of a franchise mascot is the only thing that puts him in smash4.
Okay, I see your point, you clearly see Zoroark as deserving over Victini which is fine since it's your opinion, anyway if you check out that link I gave youvthat should pretty much tell you how unique Victini would be over a potential Zoroark who might manipulate sone of the same core features that Lucario or/and Mewtwo had.

*coughshadowballcoughcough*

Anyway, as far as relevence goes sure that's not the only deciding factor, clearly there are other factors to be considered as well such as popularity, exposure and of course Sakurai's interest, hell if Sakurai wanted Meowth for SSB4 he could very much put him in if he wanted to, I'm not actually saying that Meowth will get a spot but if Sakurai's interest is leaning towards it then we can pretty much see it happening regardless of the fans or not.

*coughcoughfurriescough*

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I dunno, I think Victini has more to work with than Zoroark. Like you said, Zoroark only seems like Wolf with Illusion, and no one even agrees on how that would even work in Smash. Sakurai never really tapped into what psychic type attacks could be like with Mewtwo, so hopefully he'd remedy that with Victini. Let's have some telekinesis in here.

I would agree that Lucario, as an expanded upon and improved Mewtwo (and gimmicky), would return before The Most Powerful Pokemon.

Whoops. Three posts popped up between the one I was responding to. :V YO STEAM.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
People put way too much emotional investment into these characters and their ensuing debates.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Okay, I see your point, you clearly see Zoroark as deserving over Victini which is fine since it's your opinion, anyway if you check out that link I gave youvthat should pretty much tell you how unique Victini would be over a potential Zoroark who might manipulate sone of the same core features that Lucario or/and Mewtwo had.

*coughshadowballcoughcough*

Anyway, as far as relevence goes sure that's not the only deciding factor, clearly there are other factors to be considered as well such as popularity, exposure and of course Sakurai's interest, hell if Sakurai wanted Meowth for SSB4 he could very much put him in if he wanted to, I'm not actually saying that Meowth will get a spot but if Sakurai's interest is leaning towards it then we can pretty much see it happening regardless of the fans or not.

*coughcoughfurriescough*

Quite frankly, I couldn't give two ****s about gen 5 Pokemon. However, I do think that the only and I mean ONLY reason anyone thinks that Victini has a better chance than Zoroark is because SSBF shifted from hardcore Megaman fanboy to hardcore Victibi fanboy. While I do think that the entire idea of Victini is painfully stupid and ridiculous, I'm still neutral about which Pokemon makes it. There is nothing that makes one more likely than the other. My point is, just TRY to think for yourselves people. Please. I know its hard, but just clamoring around every whim of SSBF and zealously championing every one of his causes is very unflattering. Just a thought.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
People put way too much emotional investment into these characters and their ensuing debates.

Finnally someone gets it.

But then again, people flame on the Pokemon series since for some reason needs to go through a roster change every game. Unlike in most games where veterans are put before newcomers. Which is quite a shame and is no wonder it brings out these debates. :(

OmegaXXII

Out of curiosity, would people prefer to have both Mewtwo(buffed) and Lucario back, or one of them back with Zoroark/Victini?
Honestly, I'd like too see Mewtwo (buffed) and Lucario instead of Victini and Zoroark, if it meant back bringing Mewtwo stronger than yes.

But unfortunetly a new generation of Pokemon is ineditable, which means we'll almost have a new Pokemon most likely replacing the old which is sad IMO.

Steam

Smash Hero
I'd prefer Lucario and Mewtwo. I do actually like mewtwo.

and I don't really see Zoroark as more deserving. I see sakurai seeing zoroark as more deserving. honestly... the more time that passes, the more I feel that no gen 5 is really deserving. I only think Lucario worked in brawl because his popularity actually took off... this didn't really happen with zoroark. we'll have to see with victini but I have my doubts.

edit: and yeah I see that pattern. though since Zoroark has already kinda came and went I don't think he'll be flat out replacing anyone.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well it's nice to see everyones opinions, but now I'd like to see SSBF's thoughts.

And on a side note, maybe there should be an alliance for bringing back both Veterans...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's because Victini's movie came out 3 months before Sm4sh's development, which parallel's with Lucario's movie. :V

People only assumed Zoroark would be the 5th gen Pokemon because at the time of Sm4sh's announcement Zoroark was the newest movie Pokemon.

OmegaXXII

Well just have to wait and see what Sakurai thinks, after all he is the guy who will ultimetly decide whether Zoroark or Victini gets in.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

@Hoots: Yea, I see your point, thank you, anyway what about a Layton discussion group?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
It's because Victini's movie came out 3 months before Sm4sh's development, which parallel's with Lucario's movie. :V

People only assumed Zoroark would be the 5th gen Pokemon because at the time of Sm4sh's announcement Zoroark was the newest movie Pokemon.
Well personally, I doubt the movie release date would mean much. I spoke to Serebii back before Lucario was confirmed and Serebii(who has a ton of inside sources) said that Lucario was literally made to be included in a Smash title. Now looking at Zoroark, especially in the movie, I'd say that he/she certainly looks to be in a similar boat. However, I haven't seen clips of the Victini movie, so he could do cool stuff and he's the first event legendary that could actually work in Smash so we'll see.

@Omega: I'm slightly too busy with recording and editing to make a Layton group atm, but once the contest is over, I'll have time. However, there IS much to discuss.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well personally, I doubt the movie release date would mean much. I spoke to Serebii back before Lucario was confirmed and Serebii(who has a ton of inside sources) said that Lucario was literally made to be included in a Smash title. Now looking at Zoroark, especially in the movie, I'd say that he/she certainly looks to be in a similar boat. However, I haven't seen clips of the Victini movie, so he could do cool stuff and he's the first event legendary that could actually work in Smash so we'll see.
Man, Serebii knows everything when it comes to Pokemon. :p

As for DLC, would it end the Pokemon Debate if Jigglypuff was DLC?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Okay, there was some interesting discussion going on with Star and Fatman.(I always feel like I'm insulting you) Star, correct me if I'm wrong on the following but you seem to be saying that instead of talking about a character's likelyhood, that we should discuss characters based on what unique things they bring.
This is what I've been trying to get into for character discussions this whole time. Note that for the Toad, Muddy Mole, and Tom Nook specials and Krystal's movesets, I made them so that they were at least somewhat faithful(meaning take a couple of liberties for gameplay's sake) to their games while providing a unique character and playstyle (especially Toad and Krystal).

On the subject of the whole sales talk. As I've said hundreds of times, there are several factors involved. The biggest factor without a doubt is that the roster is full of Nintendo (and then some) characters which also happen to be some of the biggest icons in the gaming industry. Characters like Ryu, Jin, or Sol Badguy don't have that kind of iconic status about them like the Nintendo characters.

A game selling as much as Melee or Brawl is rare, especially if it's a third party game. Most developers would sell their souls to have that many sales. To expect other games to do that, even by adopting the mechanics of successful games, is foolish.

And one more thing. A master CAN learn from a beginner. That beginner could stumble onto something the master was not aware of and could change everything. Then, in fighting games in particular, the beginner can have an unprecedented playstyle full of potential.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hate to burst everyone's bubble but Nintendo stated DLC is not a part of their gaming philosophy. They are simply making the option available to third party companies.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I' think now that there may be dlc in ssb4,We may have more chance's at character's we would like to have show up!:D

I must have mist the topic you guys was talking about Jigglypuff,But if they did have her as dlc would that cut our chance's of haveing new character's?

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Hate to burst everyone's bubble but Nintendo stated DLC is not a part of their gaming philosophy. They are simply making the option available to third party companies.

They did i didin't know that:(

things could change tho till now and next year:)

I really hope they use dlc in there games:)

OmegaXXII

I'm being realistic. If we get any downloadable service it will be much of what we had in Brawl, with the potential to include music.

I hope it doesn't turn out that way, hopefully Nintendo expands on the idea to 1st party titles as well, we NEED it!!

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman

Sora isn't Nintendo though. http://wii.ign.com/articles/853/853748p1.html

...are you a Nintendo exclusive developer?
[snip]

It's kind of strange answering this question here in the Nintendo booth because I'm not sure this is the best place to do it, but no, I have no particular ties to them and, of course, any company that comes along to me afterwards and says, "Hey, we have an interesting project for you," I'm going to look at that and going to help with that job. So, no.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
My point is, just TRY to think for yourselves people. Please. I know its hard, but just clamoring around every whim of SSBF and zealously championing every one of his causes is very unflattering. Just a thought.
Well it's nice to see everyones opinions, but now I'd like to see SSBF's thoughts.
Ironic, isn't it... :p

And on a side note, maybe there should be an alliance for bringing back both Veterans...
Hey, guys did you all see Ign?

And Gameinformer?

We may see dlc on Wii U!

It would be awsome to have dlc for ssb4 :D

http://wii.ign.com/articles/118/1185257p1.html

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/07/31/nintendo-working-to-support-dlc.aspx
I've seen that. Crossing my fingers for the possibility...

D

Deleted member

Hi. Been reading the thread from work during my break time. Expect a response to the Zoroark/Victini debate after work.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
So are you implying that we'll get DLC then??

In a way, yes. I'm saying that, since Sora is a different entity from Nintendo, that we can't rule out the possibility unless Sakurai himself says something about it.

And yeah, I personally thought that interview was a gold mine. Surprised it hasn't been brought up before.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
According to that article: Sakurai wanted Voice Chat but had cancelled such a feature so maybe...yes!!!! :cool:

Which is a bit ironic as he doesn't want people to be down on themselves after losing a match and this is the perfect thing to keep people down.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I do recall you mentioning that before.

HURM.

Zoroark and Victini are "neck and neck" you could say. Maybe. No, that's a terrible phrase to use in this situation. AAAA How long do we have to keep saying "Zoroark/Victini".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom