• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's definitely possible for characters to be tiny like olimar. but like... how would victini actually attack? olimar has pikmin to throw. I'm just worried victini will pretty much have to throw a fire type hitbox similar to what lucario does with all of his moves.
You really have nothing to worry about. You're just looking for excuses not to add Victini. Pichu had less limbs and less of a movepool. There is no concerns with Victini when it comes to how it would play.

Steam

Smash Hero
You really have nothing to worry about. You're just looking for excuses not to add Victini. Pichu had less limbs and less of a movepool. There is no concerns with Victini when it comes to how it would play.
I'm really not. I'm completely indifferent about Victini/Zoroark. I just think like... what will victini's Uair be? and can't see him doing anything other than like what zelda's uair is.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
if they're going to bring back mewtwo he needs to be completely revamped. he wouldn't be any better in brawl I'm afraid
I definetly agree, I believe wouldn't have turned out that great in Brawl anyhow considering how odd the tier list was.

As for SSB4, I'd like to see him get buffed plus a little heavier wouldn't be so bad, IMO it was a shame how light he was in Melee, a godly like character such as him deserves better, but yes I'm hoping Sakurai will do something about this as well as Ganondorf.

I am so hyped about that DLC article regarding the Wii-U, Sakurai definetly showed interest according to an article someone posted earlier, hopefully Iwata listens if Sakurai wants to actually implement something like this for SSB4.

It would be a real shame if it ended up being scrapped again, and even worse since the Wii-U will apperantly be a major improvement over the Wii's online.

:phone:

OmegaXXII

I'm really not. I'm completely indifferent about Victini/Zoroark. I just think like... what will victini's Uair be? and can't see him doing anything other than like what zelda's uair is.

How is it so difficult to see him working so unique? I'm just very curious to find that you would see Zoroark play so unique compared to Victini who would have a unique body type, nothing like Zelda or Pichu though.

Also, I'm still under the truce lol...

Steam

Smash Hero
well I'm saying I'd see victini playing a lot like lucario just small. floaty (because he can fly) with large disjointed hitboxes due to fire/phsychic. Zoroark I'd imagine would be faster and fight with mainly claws. Aka think of something like wolf. in addition to whatever illusion would add to him.

and mewtwo... yeah I could see him being good. he needs buffed specials though... his character design in general doesn't equal success :/

and unless smash4 has enough hitstun for real combos, ganon will be garbage since the game is tuned towards a casual crowd. a viable brawl ganon would be like unbeatable to casuals. Just look at tager in blazblue... all the new players ***** about him even though he has his own tier at the bottom >.>

D

Deleted member

well I'm saying I'd see victini playing a lot like lucario just small. floaty (because he can fly) with large disjointed hitboxes due to fire/phsychic. Zoroark I'd imagine would be faster and fight with mainly claws. Aka think of something like wolf. in addition to whatever illusion would add to him.

and mewtwo... yeah I could see him being good. he needs buffed specials though... his character design in general doesn't equal success :/

and unless smash4 has enough hitstun for real combos, ganon will be garbage since the game is tuned towards a casual crowd. a viable brawl ganon would be like unbeatable to casuals. Just look at tager in blazblue... all the new players ***** about him even though he has his own tier at the bottom >.>
You really are stretching with saying Victini would be similar to Mewtwo/Lucario here. Like I said, he can be re-sized accordingly and even with Mewtwo in, it would be near impossible to clone him since he can use his signature V-Create and Searing Shot moves among other things.

Also, when you have to think of something like another character when trying to explain why Zoroark would be unique + illusion, that's not really cutting it. Also, Ganondorf wasn't garbage in Melee, there's no reason why he has to suck in SSB4 as well, especially if he gets his own move set.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Something utilizing his pokey V head maybe? Like A head butt, or he spins and sorta drills the opponent.

Also Steam, I don't dislike you, you just have a very twisted perception of Pokemon, which seems to be the only thing that is ever the topic when you're around.

Is this game any good?

OmegaXXII

Blazblue is a godly game!! I recommend it alonsode fighting games, alot of cool mechanics and specials as well.

I do not believe so, I believe Sakurai might take a different approach this this as far as gameplay mechanics go, remember ideas chance, he might want to appeal both scenes this time around, which I hope he does.

OmegaXXII

I told you derp, it's a 2D fighting game, it's just as good and competative as Street Fighter, but obviously in it's own way.

Steam

Smash Hero
You really are stretching with saying Victini would be similar to Mewtwo/Lucario here. Like I said, he can be re-sized accordingly and even with Mewtwo in, it would be near impossible to clone him since he can use his signature V-Create and Searing Shot moves among other things.

Also, when you have to think of something like another character when trying to explain why Zoroark would be unique + illusion, that's not really cutting it. Also, Ganondorf wasn't garbage in Melee, there's no reason why he has to suck in SSB4 as well, especially if he gets his own move set.
I'm comparing victini to lucario. and I'm only using wolf as an example because I don't want to explain in depth and in a game with 40+ characters originality is really hard. but it's important there is some sort of originality within a series when possible. and yes he has V-create and searing shot. those could be special moves/final smash. there are many other moves. no one has told me what he'd do for normal moves. what would his Fsmash be, what would his Dair be, what would his Utilt be?

and I know Ganon was good in melee, I main him, that's why I said as long as there aren't true combos he'll be garbo.

@shortie- thank you for answering my question lol. however if all his moves were like that he'd have problems because short limbs + all physical attacks= no range or priority= bad character unless he's a speedster or hits like a truck. he'd need to have fire and phsychic incorporated into more than just specials... I'd imagine.

and how do I have I twisted perception on pokemon? are you one of those people who views their opinions as fact? :/

and yes, blazblue is a good game.

vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPWpby1jbnU

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I feel the need to point out all the Pokemon that I think have something going for them. It could be popularity/Major role Anime/Movie/Spin-off ect.

(Note I am not listing Starters, because we all know they are very popular and already have the whole PT thing going for them.)

Generation I
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Meowth, Mew, and to a lesser extent Psyduck

Generation II
Lugia(would work horribly in Smash), Pichu, Suicune, and to a lesser extent Slowking (I've seen a strange amount of support for him on other sites. Weird right?)

Generation III
Gardevior, Deoxys, Plusle and Minun

Generation IV
Lucario and Darkrai. . . that's about all I can recall for this Generation

Generation V
Zoroark, Victini, and to a lesser extent Genesect.​

These are picks for Pokemon that "actually matter". I could have left out a few, but this is a lot of them.

I twisted perception on pokemon?
Have you listened to your Lucario is more Important than Mewtwo rants before? IN general, your Lucario rants are pretty biased. Or at least, the ones I've seen.

Steam

Smash Hero
well... these days he prolly is. in mewtwo's peak he was way more popular than lucario ever was or will be. but now it's 15 years later. I know you hate lucario and love mewtwo so I don't know how you could say you're unbiased on the matter. google battle is more legit than you think. It's not like I even say lucario is a shoo-in for smash4, I just say he'd prolly be in before mewtwo, and all of my arguments are backed up by logic or the little flawed data we have... lol you even claim I'm baised with victini/Zoroark, which I have no preference with whatsoever.

but I guess you answered my question. you DO think your opinions are fact. gg

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Actually in recent popularity polls, Lucario is only the 32th most popular Pokemon, while Mewtwo is 2nd after Charizard.

http://www.ign.com/top/pokemon

But they both beat Zoroark and Victini. lol

Steam

Smash Hero
Actually in recent popularity polls, Lucario is only the 32th most popular Pokemon, while Mewtwo is 2nd after Charizard.

http://www.ign.com/top/pokemon

But they both beat Zoroark and Victini. lol
and pikachu is in the 60s... that poll focuses on a small crowd of gamers. not the massive general public. it makes sense because mewtwo is more popular with the older gen of gamers... and those are the ones on sites like that. but they aren't even close to a majority of who buys the games.

@omega- where did I say I'd prefer mewtwo over lucario 0_o

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
and pikachu is in the 60s... that poll focuses on a small crowd of gamers. not the massive general public. it makes sense because mewtwo is more popular with the older gen of gamers... and those are the ones on sites like that. but they aren't even close to a majority of who buys the games.
Did you even read it? 14 Million votes, and Pikachu was the 48th most popular! :glare:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Steam, just no . . .

There is a reason why most people don't agree with your arguement. . . .

I'm not going to discuss it any further. You think I have some complex and I just think you're bat **** crazy when it comes to your Lucario

Let's just leave it at that.

OmegaXXII

Did you even read it? 14 Million votes, and Pikachu was the 48th most popular! :glare:
From what audience?

@Steam: Don't take all this as an attack, it's simply because you are misunderstanding our points, you need to think a bit realistically when it comes to Pokemon lol, put your personal opinions aside when debating.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Ha!, Kinda reminds me of our petition lol...

if that's the case I bet the same guy voted like 100 times lol....
In all seriousness, I got bored and voted for like 10 minutes while I listened to a podcast. xD

Basically it would give you random pairs of pokemon, and you could vote for one of the two, or vote for neither, and it would generate pairs forever and count every vote. If I remember right.

BUT to be fair, Pikachu may or may not be the most popular pokemon. I mean, if I've learned anything over the years, mascot =/= most popular 100% of the time.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It doesn't matter, even if you calculate possible variables into the voting it doesn't mitigate the results. If I had time to crunch numbers and work on potential statistics I would, but that is too much work for simply making a point.

I will leave you with this. Even if you assumed each vote on average was cast 9 times it would still leave you with a total of 1,555,555 votes. Assuming my math is on point. Make of it what you will.

I'd like to see an actual Sakurai poll, preferably the one from Brawl.
There isn't one, not that has been published anyways.

OmegaXXII

I'd like to see an actual Sakurai poll, preferably the one from Brawl.

edit: hmm. I see

whose that in your avi, i like it ^_^

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think official popularity polls where everyone on earth voted once would be the only way everyone would be satisfied with results, and that isn't taking trolls into account. =P

majora_787

Smash Hero
oh 48th... I had forgotten. I just knew pikachu was in nowhereland. pikachu obviously is not the 48th most popular pokemon :/
I don't know what you mean by 'obviously'. There are 650 pokemon. Pikachu could certainly have degraded to 48th, especially considering how they operated the poll.

As I said. Mascot =/= most popular 100% of the time.

Steam

Smash Hero
I don't know what you mean by 'obviously'. There are 650 pokemon. Pikachu could certainly have degraded to 48th, especially considering how they operated the poll.

As I said. Mascot =/= most popular 100% of the time.
that's true... but rather... I should say pikachu is definitely not less deserving of a smash spot than alakazam. I feel that's something we can all agree upon for more than just being the mascot. the general public loves him :/

@omega- where am I being unrealistic? point out exactly where I'm being unrealistic instead of just claiming it over and over while giving no examples or counterpoints. I really do set aside my biases... though I like BOTH Lucario and Mewtwo. Until gen 3 Mewtwo was my favorite pokemon, then blaziken after that.

majora_787

Smash Hero
that's true... but rather... I should say pikachu is definitely not less deserving of a smash spot than alakazam. I feel that's something we can all agree upon for more than just being the mascot. the general public loves him :/

@omega- where am I being unrealistic? point out exactly where I'm being unrealistic instead of just claiming it over and over while giving no examples or counterpoints. I really do set aside my biases... though I like BOTH Lucario and Mewtwo. Until gen 3 Mewtwo was my favorite pokemon, then blaziken after that.
Worse off than Alakazam? I agree, that seems unlikely. Worse off than Charizard and Mewtwo? Does not surprise me in the least.

Steam

Smash Hero
yes, but it more or less just goes to show that that poll only encompasses a small community.

another problem with that poll is being hated means just as much is being loved due to how the voting system is. which doesn't really matter in getting into smash on popularity as all you need is people wanting to play you. I rabidly hate sonic and it didn't stop me (or anyone else who hates him really) from buying brawl. Hence you see a lot of obscure Gen1s making it so high. they're pretty well liked and no one flat out hates them like a lot of new gens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom