• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ewww, don't play 5. It is the black sheep of the series for a reason...

Breath of Fire 2 is available on the Virtual Console, Breath of Fire 4 will be available on PSN this week, Breath of Fire 3 is available for the PSP, but you'll have to order it from Amazon as it was only released in Europe. Don't let that discourage you as it is actually quite easy to find online stateside. Plus PSP is not region locked, otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it for my PSP. :)

The original Breath of Fire is the only one not readily available through modern means, fortunately I still own an SNES, so I escape that pothole. Playing Earthbound, Yoshi's Island, and Breath of Fire are never an issue for me. lol

Wasn't the original one on PSX though?

Since I own a PSP it's no problem if I got it online since i tend to get most of my games like that anyway, anyway I would like to start of with BoF2 since it's rather cheap, of course i'll try out the one that you mostly recommend.

Just give me Brood Ryu for UMvC:AE!
Yes, him vs. marth or Ike would be awesome, no better yet against an antagonist suck as The Black Knight, since Ryu does happen to be a hero, right?

D

Deleted member

OmegaXVII said:
I'd like to see an actual Sakurai poll, preferably the one from Brawl.
Me too. I want to see who did well in the polls and who didn't. It's too bad we don't have that.
--- said:
Hopefully more polls come out soon though as I'm curious about how popular Victini is now after his movie.
I'm also curious about how popular Victini is. It's guarantee to increase anyway and I would be shocked if it went down. However, I do think the IGN poll is a good indication of popularity.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Wasn't the original one on PSX though?

Since I own a PSP it's no problem if I got it online since i tend to get most of my games like that anyway, anyway I would like to start of with BoF2 since it's rather cheap, of course i'll try out the one that you mostly recommend.
Nope, Breath of Fire 1&2 were originally for the SNES. Breath of Fire 3&4 were for the PSX.

majora_787

Smash Hero
... I was gone for like no time at all, and this suddenly turned into something totally off topic. What happened? xD

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
P-1, me nor chima will be there. Drumline runs my life and chima will be in athens.

If I come ill be asleep in the venue. Ill be at AWA for the girls though!

:phone:

OmegaXXII

Nope, Breath of Fire 1&2 were originally for the SNES. Breath of Fire 3&4 were for the PSX.
Aw, that's to bad, I might start of with BoF 3 then, anyway how about that gif avi.....

... I was gone for like no time at all, and this suddenly turned into something totally off topic. What happened? xD
What are you talking about? "The Full Circle Theory" effect is taking place now. :reverse:

we stopped bickering about make believe animals
haha, agreed, even though Lucario seems to look like one. XD

Me too. I want to see who did well in the polls and who didn't. It's too bad we don't have that.I'm also curious about how popular Victini is. It's guarantee to increase anyway and I would be shocked if it went down. However, I do think the IGN poll is a good indication of popularity.
Aw, that's a real shame, I really wanted to look and maybe speculate on characters decision based on it, but I don't think that matters now since that was Brawl, and now is SSB4, his opinions have probably changed, hopefully for the better though.

OmegaXXII

P-1, me nor chima will be there. Drumline runs my life and chima will be in athens.

If I come ill be asleep in the venue. Ill be at AWA for the girls though!

:phone:
Lol.. Why aren't you in the BBR with him as well??

Brood Ryu for Smash 4.

It's on topic now. :)

If you really want too we can always discuss Pokémon again?
More bickering you say?, if it relates to Pokemon, no thank you, i've had enough of that for today.

@omega- especially white lucario :0

da bess
LOLOLOL... How about a Pink Mewtwo instead!! :cool:

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
If you really want too we can always discuss Pokémon again?
How ironic, considering that the only thing you want from Pokemon is Mewtwo's return.

But like OmegaXVII said, let's not go back into it. We've had more then enough discussion of it today, let's focus on a topic that hasn't been discussed much recently.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Since Pokemon is now taboo on this tread. :awesome:

How about Mega Man?

Mega Man

Notes:
Light/Medium Weight
Both his Walking and Running speeds are average
Is a Fast Faller and has average Air Speed (just like in his games)

Pros:
Able to rack up damage easily
Great special and Smashes
Thunder Wool makes for a great edge guarding
Great Recovery
Great ground game

Cons:
Lack of killing moves
Light weight
Poor aerial game
Fast faller means he can be chain grabbed and easily edge guarded by opponents

Specials:

Neutral - Mega Buster - Chargeable and can launch 3 uncharged shots at a time (think Super Scope item),

Side - Thunder Wool (MM10) - launches at an angle a Thunder Cloud that after 3-5 seconds produces a lightning bolt (Thunder!), great for edge guarding and setups,

Up - Rush Jet (MM3) - Rush appears underneath MM in Jet form, allows MM to fly for about 3-4, can attack but only with uncharged buster shots, when done puts MM into a helpless state, can jump/shield out of, balances poor aerial game,

Down - Copy Vision (MM&B) - creates a stationary hologram turret for 2-3 seconds, shoots non-flinching buster shots in 1 direction, hologram itself doesn't harm opponent, only 1 hologram at a time,

Final - Support Robots (MM5-6,MM7,MMV)- Summons Beat, Tango, and Rush all at once for 12-15 seconds, Beat and Tango hunt down opponents, while MM gains the Super Adaptor, 2nd Jump becomes a jet pack, Charged Buster shots become homing fists,

Tilts:

Neutral/Jab - Quick Boomerang (MM2)

Forward - Slash Claw (MM7)

Up - Pharaoh Shot (MM4)

Down - Slide - moves MM forward,

Dash - Charge Kick (MM5) - moves MM forward

Aerials:

Neutral - Thunder Claw (MM8) - pulls MM slightly forward

Forward - Electric Shock (MMV) - has less range then MMV version

Up - Top Spin (MM3) - think Mario Tornado

Down - Sakugarne (MMII GB) - works like Link's D-Aerial but has less knockback,

Back - Flame Sword (MM8)

Smashes:

Forward - Hard Knuckle (MM3) - launches a fist forward, very laggy, can be slightly angled, high knockback, less range then MM3 version

Up - Mega Punch (MM:the Power Fighters/MvC) (Shoryuken!)

Down - Wild Coil (MM7) - launches 2 bouncing springs forward/back, when charged they also bounce higher, less range then MM7 version

Throws:

Pummel - shoots uncharged buster shots

Forward - Super Arm (MM1)

Up - Gravity Hold (MM5) - does no damage, great launcher,

Down - Water Shield (MM10) - produces WS, opponent is hit by all 8 water droplets,

Back - Super Arm (MM1)

Other Moves:

Wall Jumping (MvC, MMX and beyond series)

Taunts:

1. Removes Helmet
2. MvC Taunt
3. Powers down into Rock for a second

Costumes:

Green - Quint MM2 GB
Red/Gray - Rush/Proto Man
Black/Orange - Bass
Blue/Yellow - Bad Box Art Style
Blue/Orange/White - Model A (There was a 8bit style minigame in MMZXA)

I made his moveset entirely of Robot Master weapons.
I also avoided his MvC moveset as much as possible, it sucked, I hate you Hyper MM!
Since there are a lot of weapons in this moveset here is a link to a list of RM weapons: http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Special_Weapons_in_the_classic_series

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How ironic, considering that the only thing you want from Pokemon is Mewtwo's return.

But like OmegaXVII said, let's not go back into it. We've had more then enough discussion of it today, let's focus on a topic that hasn't been discussed much recently.
That's why it isn't a problem for me. I could care less if Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokémon Trainer and Lucario never see the light of day again. Never really cared for the Pokémon characters in the Smash series. So don't expect much from me. lol

Brood Ryu? Move over Megaman...I suppose.

Now that you mention it, if it is going to be the original design. I'd actually pass my token over to Brood Ryu.
I'd take Brood Ryu over the other Ryu...

OmegaXXII

Brood Ryu? Move over Megaman...I suppose.

Now that you mention it, if it is going to be the original design. I'd actually pass my token over to Brood Ryu.
The Megaman hype has suddently slipped away from me seeing the news about his recent games which made me feel pessimistic about the whole thing, anyway Brood Ryu would be better IMO, too bad he's mostly on Sony's turf.

lol.. Brood Ryu isn't Ryu from Street Fighter lol.. :laugh:

Anyway I liked Kuma's discussion over Street Fighter like mechanics, despite what SmashChu said over him trying to "mesh" it with Smash.

Personally I see no problem with that, that's of course saying if they are properly implemented and demonstrated to a certain extent, I don't want it to go aboard if that were to happen though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I was thinking allowed earlier, and I don't think anyone has brought up how absolutley effed up LoZ is right now. We have Skyward Sword, OOT3DS, no Toon Games, Zelda Wii U, a possible MM3DS, and Tingle.

What design will Ganon and Sheik have?
What's going to happen to Toon Link?
Who gets the 4th slot?
And How does YL/Tingle factor into all this chaos?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
rush jet for up b? im not surprised... rush jet is not good, neither is rush coil. i have my reasons. this is why i prefer X.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
ahh! zelda!... okay now... i think link should be the way he was depicted in the tech demo.

OmegaXXII

What game did Vaaati appear anyway? The one from Four Swords? and what's the deal with Tetra Zelda anyway? Why is she so popular as well, ive never played any Zelda games btw, so I don't know much about it. <_<

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, The Minish Cap.

tetra is popular because there is data of toon zelda and toon sheik on brawl and people would prefer tetra since it's canon and would provide a swashbuckling alternative to sheik's ninja.

(look at this epic obvious final smash
)

OmegaXXII

That Final Smash would be more interesting to say the least, it might happen...maybe not.

I also never understood the timeline as well, apperantly only the original 2 Zelda games were in order, after that it was just confusion as far as the Zelda timeline goes, sequels, prequels, alternate dimension, etc. etc...

D

Deleted member

@---: Good Mega Man move set. Some recommendations, though.

- Try to add how much damage Mega Man gives in an attack. We'll be able to judge the balance of the moves better.
- Make his weight medium size and speed slightly below average (4/10)
- Try to look for a better pummel. Uncharged buster shots doesn't really fit well with a pummel.
Starphoenix said:
I'd take Brood Ryu over the other Ryu...
I'll have to agree. Ryu has been in every Capcom crossover so far. It wouldn't be a problem to say that he takes a break from this one. Personally, if Mega Man can't get in, I'd like to see Strider Hiryu instead. If you ask me, I would prefer these over Ryu (Street Fighter):
- Mega Man (Obviously)
- Strider Hiryu
- Brood Ryu
- Amaterasu
- Leon Kennedy
- Jill Valentine
- Zack and Wiki
- Viewtiful Joe
- Chun-Li

I only really want to see the first two, others I've listed I'm neutral on. If Mega Man takes the first Capcom slot and a second one is offered, I'll accept Ryu from Street Fighter. However, if it came to Ryu from Street Fighter or no Capcom rep, I'll take the latter. Not that I hate Ryu by any means (He's actually one of my favorite Street Fighter character), just that he's been in way too many crossovers (Chun-Li has as well, but she has more personality then Ryu).
Shortiecanbrawl said:
What design will Ganon and Sheik have?
What's going to happen to Toon Link?
Who gets the 4th slot?
And How does YL/Tingle factor into all this chaos?
- Sheik will probably get a Skyward Sword makeover. As for Ganondorf, I don't know, but I'm hoping his Twilight Princess look stays.

- I say there's a 50/50 chance of Toon Link staying. 50 for him staying, 50 for him to get replaced by Young Link/Ghirahim/Tingle.

- See above.

- See above for Young Link. If a fifth slot is open, Tingle is the (admittedly) most likely candidate due to being an Assist Trophy and Sakurai likely to focus on Japan.
Starphoenix said:
Megaman's Up B should be Beat. Period.
Beat doesn't really look fitting with his move set. Would be very weird for Beat to be carrying Mega Man when he need recovery (Meaning frequently like other characters). I think he should use his Robot Master weapons as part of his move set to pay homage to the classic Mega Man games.
nLiM8d said:
Where's that support group, I need to co develop that piece of work.vvv
Operation: Connect or something else entirely?
OmegaXVII said:
Gharahim anyone?? I know Star was interested in him a while back.
I would actually like to see Ghirahim take the fourth or fifth slot for Zelda. Unlikely to happen, but he's my personal pick for a Zelda newcomer.
OmegaXVII said:
Im surprised no one has done a Zelda or Megaman support based group! :O
I would do a Mega Man support group, but I consider expanding Pokemon a more important thing then adding third-party characters, which we should all admit aren't that important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom