• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yaoi fangirls make up a significant portion of the fanbase, allow me to bring up doujinshi sales data to prove I am correct.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sorry Shortie, the whole "she" thing was part of a joke that didnt pan out. lol

Oh Lord, don't give the man any ideas. I don't know about cammy anymore.

YO, Omega thinks everybody's a girl. Ghiriham is the only one I can agree with him on.
_

Kuma-Chu debates are usually fun to watch. Its the result of neither one of them being willing to see eye to eye. For good reasons I suppose, but it can't be healthy.
_

Star, I don't remember you from back in the SSB4 speculation crew, were you an early bird or something?
No I was there for awhile. Granted, I was a little less active due to being ignored often, but I was there. Back when Pieman and TheThirdKoopa were active.

I still remember a time when Shortie was the new kid. :p
:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No I was there for awhile. Granted, I was a little less active due to being ignored often, but I was there. Back when Pieman and TheThirdKoopa were active.

I still remember a time when Shortie was the new kid. :p
I miss TheThirdKoopa. . .:( He was and still is one of my favorite posters.

Oh har har. Make fun of the new kid! Well, now we got about fifteen "New Kids" who post things just as crazy/stupid/lame as I did when I first started.

But yeah, not a girl. Even though I like to troll as one. Actually, there was a time when I went through a "Long hair big sunglasses phase and I was mistaken for a girl every day of my life. So, I should be used to it.

Oh Lord, don't give the man any ideas. I don't know about cammy anymore.
Creeeeperrrrr.

Kantrip

Kantplay
KumaChu debates da bess.

Also, being the new kid da bess.

Also, trolling da bess.

Also, saying also da bess.

Who else hopes the 3ds sash gets cancelled?

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Hey, so, are there any Smash Boards Taboo characters you guys actually kind of support?

Me? I'm beginning to be a bit more partial to Waluigi. All the Bowser Jr./Toad/Paper Mario debating has actually soured me to all three. Wah-ha-haaaa.

As a board, it seems Waluigi gets hated on a lot. Probably unfairly, all things considered. Do I think he's the MOST likely? No. But Sakurai likes to paint Smash Bros as a casual party game, which is what Waluigi was made for after all.

@Shortie

Lady Gaga under 'People Who Inspire Me' might also give off a misinterpretation XD

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
As a board, it seems Waluigi gets hated on a lot. Probably unfairly, all things considered. Do I think he's the MOST likely? No. But Sakurai likes to paint Smash Bros as a casual party game, which is what Waluigi was made for after all.
Please, support Kamek or Mona. Not Waluigi. . .

Like, I love every character, and I support almost everyone of them, but he's the only one I don't support. Oh, and I'm not a big fan of more Sonic characters.

I support Suicune and Cassandra, they're pretty much obscure for all intensive purposes.

Who else hopes the 3ds sash gets cancelled?
Why would you want that 3D sash cancelled? :awesome: but really, why? Do you think that BOTH games will be too much of a load and they both could end up being a pile of bleh.

@Barbasol, you must have skipped over the Britney Spears, Ke$ha, and Ouran High Host Club if you think she's the most misleading. . .:)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't support Waluigi but I wouldn't be angry at his inclusion.

Kamek, I'd be stoked

Barbasol

Smash Ace
I should rephrase, Waluigi is the sort of character I'd like to have in, but I think shouldn't be in. He'd be a fun lanky mad-man. But I wouldn't say he should be.

Kamek has kinda grown on me for sure! I saw forget Bowser Jr., that little runt has nothing on the classic right-hand man to Bowser;

Everything Bowser Jr. has going for him, Kamek does and more.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I was out playing games earlier tonight for the last six or so hours. That's where I went. With all this discussion about me and Chu, I almost want it to happen.

Lol, this is a sure fire firecracker for those that want to cry purity over smash. But I say that we have the floor because it was mentioned that this upcoming title could utilize a different approach. Of course with the mystery of controller input, just about anything is possible (*looks at TvC stick).
_

For all intents and purposes, I have to agree with cost. Anything you try should have risk and consequence. It builds muscle memory for how you approach situations and keeps the play from being stale.

I think we should work lock down the purposes/meaning of meter bars. If I could label them they would be

Adrenaline- Rewards
Agitation- Damage Taken (ditch efforts)

I'll stop there because I can't say how meters are actually viewed and I'd like the experts on the matter to take the tiller
Meters are typically viewed almost like the MP of RPGs. Have enough meter and a new option is available to you. Spend that meter, and it's gone. Especially if you have moves that cost only a fraction of your meter, it can shift the momentum of the game without resorting to random outcomes in moves or tripping.

Could you explain your post to me so I can understand you better?

oh im just kidding, lol... anyways... so this patch is to fix yun and/or yang's brokenness?
It's looking to be just a rebalancing period. They deliberately made AE unbalanced, this is not going to be the case with AE2.

Kuma-Chu debates are usually fun to watch. Its the result of neither one of them being willing to see eye to eye. For good reasons I suppose, but it can't be healthy.
I actually have taken some of Chu's thoughts into consideration. One thing that I always consider is that there will likely be some nugget of truth in the opposing argument. Take Chu's stance on accessibility. While I won't agree on him saying things should be as easy and shallow as Wii Sports (overgeneralizing), it made me realize that the answer isn't so much in simplifying stuff as it is explaining it and reducing technical barriers as much as possible.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I should rephrase, Waluigi is the sort of character I'd like to have in, but I think shouldn't be in. He'd be a fun lanky mad-man. But I wouldn't say he should be.

Kamek has kinda grown on me for sure! I saw forget Bowser Jr., that little runt has nothing on the classic right-hand man to Bowser;

Everything Bowser Jr. has going for him, Kamek does and more.
Waluigi is for Trolls.

I think Kamek really stands the best chance as a Yoshi story character. There, he is basically the villain who you face off with most of the time. I mean, he casts all the spells on the creatures that you have to battle in Yoshi's Island. I'm actually a big Bowser Jr. fan, and to be honest, I see him as the best candidate out of all the other Mario characters. The only one that I think stands a big chance of taking his spot is Paper Mario. He's just awesome, and I mean he's got all the right cards to get into smash.

I really wish i could engage in all the talk of "Techness" but I have no idea what it means. Just pointing out that I think making SSB4 deeper, and bringing back some Melee-esque physics would do a world of good. Also, Kuma talked about two attack buttons, which I thought could be interesting. So yeah, I support adding depth to SSB4, I just am not equipped enough to discuss it in any detail.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, Waluigi would be pretty cool if he had his powers from that soccer game. The ability to control vines. Maybe he could even summon Pirahna plants

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I love kamek, he's awesome. Yeah sorry i was reading that part a while back where the jokes on ness were continuing. -_- Really? DOWN SYNDROME? You guys are crazy....

Btw i just realised... There is a FF character that has been through many of the FF games that isn't chocobo. However, i love chocobo more and i'm still trying to create a moveset for him.(in case you're wondering the previously mentioned FF character is Cid. He does have a move-set, but i'd still rather see chocobo + slime.

Back to kamek, well kamek would be a ice villain for yoshi HOWEVER i will point out that at least in yoshi's island Bowser is still the main boss, it's just he's a baby and kamek transforms him in to that huge scary hulk thing that still gives me nightmares. But yeah kamek is pretty cool and he has move set potential too. I'd like to see him in a later SSB game.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Would Bowser Jr. just be called "Junior" if he got into Sm4sh...? "Bowser Jr." is a bit long and may be confusing if he was RIGHT NEXT TO BOWSER.

I dunno.

TRIVIAL.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Errr, not really. I mean, Zero Suit Samus and Pokemon Trainer are in there, i really don't think it'd be that much of a problem.

Don't worry.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Errr, not really. I mean, Zero Suit Samus and Pokemon Trainer are in there, i really don't think it'd be that much of a problem.

Don't worry.
I saw that before the edit you closet Brony, LOL

Kantrip

Kantplay
shortie and I*

Seriously, how did you manage to squeeze through?

Upon closer inspection, that grammar is atrocious!

Should be: Both Shortie and I just graduated only a few months ago.

Kantrip

Kantplay

Alright, makes sense :troll:

I actually think having a smash for the 3ds and the wii u would kill the hype. I don't know how they will interact, but if it is anything necessary, Sakurai may just kill the evolution of competitive play all together and lost quite a bit of revenue.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If there is any reason the customization on the 3DS isn't good for competitive gaming, they will ban it.

We don't even know if it's going to happen yet, or how it would be implemented so we should wait until later to discuss if it's competitive or not

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well then YOU answer it! It's so off topic i thought i wouldn't take the thread up with it, otherwise we'd get this thread locked! :-P

I'm off for an hour or so i'll see any replies when i get back....

Don't know about the 3DS version. Wouldn't care about it. I'm buying the Wii U version.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If there is any reason the customization on the 3DS isn't good for competitive gaming, they will ban it.

We don't even know if it's going to happen yet, or how it would be implemented so we should wait until later to discuss if it's competitive or not
I just hope it is. Otherwise, I'm out for good. If it's worse than Brawl, playstyle wise I don't think I'll be purchasing another Smash Brothers after 4.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I fear that Sakurai will go the marketing ploy route and try to make 3ds and wii u smash seem like a pair that is meant to be purchased together for the full game experience. Not that they'd be sold as one game or anything (THAT would be bad), but if they're going to spend so much time on making a game for each they're not going to just have the 3ds version as a 1-player "customize the real game mode".

The 3ds version will be taken just as seriously by Sakurai and his team, and MUCH less so by everyone else.

If the gameplay is just "bad" (Not worse than any Smash bros. game. Just "bad") then I'm not buying it. Simple as that.

........ Still would buy the Wii U version over the 3DS version. What's the use of buying Smash just for the 1 player experience? Isn't it mainly a multiplayer game? (Looks at Mario Kart DS).... Don't know what will happen. Might as well wait.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'll buy the one player version. I end up playing games 1 player most of the time anyway.

@ Crimson

They specifically said the 3DS version will be for single player

Kantrip

Kantplay
I saw the quote, but I'm hoping they change their plans a bit.

What they did NOT say is that the 3ds version will be solely for single player.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Well, the entire Video Games Industry has taken notice of the supposed 3DS flop. So we'll have to wait and see whether the 3DS really will fail long term, or just for now.

I mean, seriously Nintendo, what do you expect? You can't screw the consumer every year.

Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS lite
Nintendo DSXL
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo DSiXL
Nintendo 3DS

I still have my plain old HUGE classic DS. All I need. Shoving hardware down someones throat only makes them more apprehensive when the next system comes around. "I can buy this, or I can wait until it's better."

That's why Guitar Hero is dead now; Too many rereleases.

---

Anyway, working up a potential plotline for a Smash Bros singleplayer mode. It will actually make sense (to spite SSE)

Night y'all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's too bad, because I actually like the 3D effect.

I wonder why Nintendo decided to release the system without a good list of games for it

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, that is so true. I didn't have the money for the original DS, but I wanted to get in on the next gen. So I saved up for some time and they released the DS Lite. I got that and was happy for the next 3 releases. When the 3ds was announced, I was interested. Now I'm all like "I'll wait for the updated version and imminent price drop next year".

If the 3DS version is not solely a single player experience then what's the use of buying it? All portable consoles are limited to one player (Depending on the use of the portable). They know that they need to make Smash 3DS a great 1 player experience since the 3DS is limited to one player. If it's just the same thing with the Wii U then what's the use of buying it? Cant' you buy the version that's not limited to just one player? Smash is mainly a multiplayer fighter. Might as well buy the Wii U version only if that's the case.

I don't think nintendo is that stupid. They'll probably do something about it

About the DS, I also took advantage of the price of the DS Lite. I hope they'll make a 3DS lite.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The 3DS version is for casual gamers

I see it like Mario Tennis GBA. Raise a character throughout it and transfer to the N64 game to compete against others

Bad gateway is bad :(

I'd buy the 3DS version because it's portable. That's all. Transferring a character from console to console..... I'm fine with that idea.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The 3DS is definitely going to pick up some steam in the coming six monthes. About every core nintendo title that we've been hearing about is coming out, PLUS a price drop. Which pissed me off at first, but then I realized the people who bought the expensive 3DS get 10 free GB games and 10 free GBA games. Good ones at that.

So yay for Shortie :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They announce that MM3D I'm getting me a 3DS

Traditional FF type game wouldn't hurt it either. Loved playing FF3 on my DS

Edit: FF3 was my first DS game

Status
Not open for further replies.