• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
I'm cool with all this on one condition: I can ignore ALL of it and play a balanced game.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else think that the character customization could come in the form of Ray, the mascot of Custom Robo? It sounds gimmicky enough to work to me.

EDIT: Judging by the other thread, apparently so.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
Smash Bros. and Phoenix Wright vs Professor Layton are the reason of why I'm buying a Nintendo 3DS system very soon. :)

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
Using the Wii U thread is kinda pointless. There are like 30 posts per hour. When I go to bed and want to read there the next day, there are like 20 new pages... This one is compared to the Wii U one dead. This thread should be a bit more lively.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Using the Wii U thread is kinda pointless. There are like 30 posts per hour. When I go to bed and want to read there the next day, there are like 20 new pages... This one is compared to the Wii U one dead. This thread should be a bit more lively.
I don't see why a forum can't be made for SSB4 on here. It would allow people to discuss the topics they want to discuss at a reasonable pace and it wouldn't be buried as easily either.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't see why a forum can't be made for SSB4 on here. It would allow people to discuss the topics they want to discuss at a reasonable pace and it wouldn't be buried as easily either.
I agree. Just because we have no trailer yet, it doesn't mean we can't have our SSB4 board. The game was confirmed, why no SSB4 forum yet?

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
it doesn't even need to be a whole board, just a sub folder... I mean, even the brawl hackers got their own subforum...

It's completely unorganized. It's at least one year till they even start programing, we can't use one thread for one year. But alas, to stay more on topic

ehm... ...Who wants a Pokemon Smash Spinoff?

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
it doesn't even need to be a whole board, just a sub folder... I mean, even the brawl hackers got their own subforum...

It's completely unorganized. It's at least one year till they even start programing, we can't use one thread for one year. But alas, to stay more on topic

ehm... ...Who wants a Pokemon Smash Spinoff?
Just a subfolder would work perfectly for now. Why they stick to two topics: One for the Wii U and one for the 3DS is far beyond my comprehension.

A Pokemon Smash Spinoff would be awesome and I'd love for it to happen. I don't have high hopes for that however. As much as I'd want it I just don't see them creating one unless there was a petition, and even then, they'd just 'consider it' at best.

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
A Pokemon smash spinoff doesn't really make sense. It's never clearly defined what the hell any of the moves the Pokemon do look like, they'd have one HELL of a time making stages, who's to say they die when they fall down? not to mention they can only learn 4 at a time. It only works in Smash because it's a crossover and they can pull that "it's a crossover and we need to fit everyone in the engine" card.

On topic: Sonic for Smash 4!!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
A Pokemon smash spinoff doesn't really make sense. It's never clearly defined what the hell any of the moves the Pokemon do look like, they'd have one HELL of a time making stages, who's to say they die when they fall down? not to mention they can only learn 4 at a time. It only works in Smash because it's a crossover and they can pull that "it's a crossover and we need to fit everyone in the engine" card.

On topic: Sonic for Smash 4!!
Uh, you do know that those problems aren't really problems, right? I mean we've had several Pokemon show up in Smash, and that's how they'd work. And their moves are well known enough thanks to the anime.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
Prehaps SSB3D could have White Forest as a stage, while SSBU has Black City as a stage?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
A Pokemon Smash spinoff is perfect for the 3ds.

Start with five to eight pokemon. Completing events, tournaments, and other games lead to an evolution. Each pokemon has one or two. Also, each pokemon can learn more than four B moves. Yet can only have four at a time. Meaning each pokemon of a similar species can be varied.

Then send your custom made critter over to Smash.

D

Deleted member

Raising my expectations to 30-35 slots for the 3DS and I doubt we'll be getting the same rosters for both versions.
Anyone else think that the character customization could come in the form of Ray, the mascot of Custom Robo? It sounds gimmicky enough to work to me.

I highly doubt that it has anything to do with Ray. Which is a shame because that would be totally awesome and Ray would be great for SSB4.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Hey guys, new interview from Sakurai... And one of the things he says kinda scares me.

Sakurai said:
If we went solely for the Wii U, the HD graphics would really bump up the visual effects, but then we'd be stuck in another arms race. If we made this game another extension over previous one, we'd have to cut out the new things we could possibly do on the 3DS hardware and compete with ourselves again over the size of the character roster and the amount of gameplay we can put it. It wouldn't be a fruitful competition, but doing something completely new would be difficult for many reasons, not least of which that the gamers may not be satisfied with it. That's why we decided to think about ways to link the personal connection one has with his portable system to the gather-around-and-play aspect of console systems.
http://www.1up.com/news/don-expect-smash-bros-anytime

I may be misunderstanding this, but... To me, it sounds like he's happy that he has decided to make a Smash Bros game for both the Wii U and 3DS simultaneously, because if he made a Wii U version first and did the 3DS version after, he'd have to cut a lot of content out for the 3DS version.... Which means, as some as of has feared, the 3DS is going to limit the amount of characters/stages/stuff in the Wii U version. :/

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Keep in mind that the 3DS uses 8gig memory units, while Brawl used a dual-layered disc that took up about 8 gig, half of which was purely for cutscenes.

Slockey

Smash Rookie
Which means, as some as of has feared, the 3DS is going to limit the amount of characters/stages/stuff in the Wii U version. :/

Maybe those boundaries set by the 3DS version could be broken by DLC?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
He's saying that a Wii U-only game might have just been another extension of the Melee/Brawl formula (more content, but nothing that really makes the game stand apart from those two). With both versions, he seems to have no problems thinking up ideas for something really new.

Not only does he never imply cutting content from the 3DS version, but you have to be completely ignorant of the capabilities of the system and its cartridges to infer that as a possibility.

Keep in mind that the 3DS uses 8gig memory units, while Brawl used a dual-layered disc that took up about 8 gig, half of which was purely for cutscenes.
Well at least the admins here get it.

n88

Smash Lord
Aha, so Toise is in this thread. This automatically makes it 10x better to lurk than the other one.

Oh right, I should post something relevant. Here is an impossibly large roster that won't happen. Go fight over it or whatever. Also, I have seen surprisingly little discussion of how the screens would be used browsing through this thread.

[COLLAPSE="Hooray, lazy Photoshop work"]

[/COLLAPSE]

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I made a not-as-quick-as-I-would've-thought edit to Brawl's CSS to show how I imagine the basic structure of the CSS would appear in SSB3DS.

The blank spot to the right of Metaknight's portrait is where I believe the "customization" of the game will show up. Whatever it is, I don't know. Maybe that spot would just be used for statistics of the character.

Character Roster part doesn't show everyone in Brawl. I just grabbed the Starter Character roster screenshot and put it there, editing it so they all fit onto a 320x240 screen.

The portrait sits on the 3DS's 400x240 screen or whatever the frig size it is. I'm assuming 400x240 though as it looks logically sized in comparison to the lower screen counterpart.

The CSS's selection boxes aren't to scale either. At most, that screen could fit 27-30, with the last three being in the upper whiter part above the rest of the characters. I imagine the game having around 30-40 characters. So maybe around Brawl's range at best. if more I'll be amazed. If less, I'll be disappointed.

The "y" next to "Player 1" is so you can change your visible fighter name. Not that it'll do much other than show up in /maybe/ multiplay matches against one another, if the 3DS version will even have that.

To select your character, you simply use the 3DS's touchscreen to click on your character of choice. Only reason Metaknight is the example is because Smash Dojo had him as the character and was the only decently clear picture I could get that didn't have mass amounts of stuff cut off by the "[PRESS START]" bar.

EDIT: Noticed a slight error with my picture, just below Diddy Kong. My apologies for that spot there.

thecorruptionofman

Smash Rookie
hey, i'm the newbie, just thought i should speak up:
SSBP or SSB3DS, whichever title is relevant, is obviously the one under a lot of scrutiny. personally i am not worried about control schemes since you could customize them in the last game. as for character rosters, i think the Wii U and the 3DS versions will have equal characters, since not everyone can afford one system over the other. Futhermore, I admire the many character roster ideas present already in this discussion, but i think Nintendo would be wise to keep certain characters from Brawl to keep the diversity going, but elliminate the clones, or at least change their fighting styles and/or movesets, including Final Smashes.

for the customization, i think the idea of using stickers is an interesting idea, but the kind of stickers used in SSE (sidenote, i loved that mode entirely and completely, it was a great add on to the game and very well could've been a good stand alone game had the Smash series never come along before. I mean come on--a sidescroller featuring Nintendo's All-Star characters with fighting moves, an intriguing storyline, and Snake and Sonic? amazing.) would have to be toned down a bit in my opinion, in regards to some of the items. Multiple options for movesets is an excellent idea also, borrowing from Dissidia. each move having it's own pros and cons that fit certain people is an interesting aspect. finally, i agree that there should be a special fighting mode reserved on the Wii U for customized characters only, since not everyone will have the money for both versions.

The 3DS version being more single-player focused is, I tihnk, an interesting idea, but SSB is a multiplayer at it's core and would seem rather lacking without being able to clobber your friends all the time. an online function like with Brawl that could possible hook up with the Wii U version of the game would be pretty fun.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So let me pose a question to get some sort of discussion going here. I'm beginning to have all that I can take in the Wii U thread.

Since Sakurai seems to have some vague plan developed for this title which entails a more single player focused element. What are your expectations regarding a single player oriented Smash Bros title? My opinion is that we will see a stretched out Subspace Emissary. Meaning all of the concepts we saw utilized in Subspace Emissary will be expanded upon in this title. Heck, we might even get another fleshed out story mode. But I see the focus of single player modes being expanded.

This may sound surprising, but I don't expect any type of WiFi support for Smash Bros 3DS! I do think we would see single cart multiplayer if so, each 3DS will be the controller and "television". Making up for the lacking WiFi component as it won't require much more then another individual having a console. The customization features could be implemented into some kind of StreetPass battle system akin to Super Street Fighter IV 3DS.

Connection with the Wii U is a given, but what will it entail? Will we be able to use our 3DS' as extra controllers? How will customization play into Wii U content? Will we be able to upload, download, or swap title specific characters? Wouldn't each character have to be developed for the corresponding game anyways if so? This one aspect I am awaiting more information once Sakurai begins to formulate his plan better. This will make or break whether Smash Bros 3DS is a good investment.

Crimson Wolf

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm very curious about the 3DS version. I honestly don't know exactly what to expect from it, since it isn't even in development yet, but since 99% of the time I play Smash Bros., it is by myself, so a game on a handheld could work out just fine for me.

But still, I would probably rather for the most part play the console one with the sure to be far superior graphics, and on a TV Screen, being much bigger than the stunningly tiny Nintendo 3DS handheld's...

I am most curious of just how "customizable" everything is going to be in the 3DS Super Smash Bros. game. I just hope they don't get too overwhelmed with two Super Smash Bros. game, then end up releasing two inferior products. Hm...

RWB

Smash Ace

Ray.
Mii.
My Unit(Fire Emblem).

There are quite few ways to go about this. :p

D

Deleted member

So let me pose a question to get some sort of discussion going here. I'm beginning to have all that I can take in the Wii U thread.

Since Sakurai seems to have some vague plan developed for this title which entails a more single player focused element. What are your expectations regarding a single player oriented Smash Bros title? My opinion is that we will see a stretched out Subspace Emissary. Meaning all of the concepts we saw utilized in Subspace Emissary will be expanded upon in this title. Heck, we might even get another fleshed out story mode. But I see the focus of single player modes being expanded.

This may sound surprising, but I don't expect any type of WiFi support for Smash Bros 3DS! I do think we would see single cart multiplayer if so, each 3DS will be the controller and "television". Making up for the lacking WiFi component as it won't require much more then another individual having a console. The customization features could be implemented into some kind of StreetPass battle system akin to Super Street Fighter IV 3DS.

Connection with the Wii U is a given, but what will it entail? Will we be able to use our 3DS' as extra controllers? How will customization play into Wii U content? Will we be able to upload, download, or swap title specific characters? Wouldn't each character have to be developed for the corresponding game anyways if so? This one aspect I am awaiting more information once Sakurai begins to formulate his plan better. This will make or break whether Smash Bros 3DS is a good investment.
My expectations is simple: have a SSE expanded on that version and focus on it along with other single-player modes focused on it. This time, I want it to be much more organized with more enemies from Nintendo's history, and make it feel like fans will want it. Considering that Smash is known for it's multi-player, this will be difficult to pull off, but I would definitely consider a great single-player mode game.

I also agree that Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is not needed. All we needed is four-player locally with 30-35 characters. With that comes my idea of connection. Stages and characters exclusive to the 3DS version (Including customization) can be transferred to the Wii-U version, although they will remain on the 3DS. I have no qualms with the 3DS version as long as it doesn't hamper the Wii-U version (And vice versa).

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Aha, so Toise is in this thread. This automatically makes it 10x better to lurk than the other one.
I'm in more places than people realize; inquire within.

Oh right, I should post something relevant. Here is an impossibly large roster that won't happen. Go fight over it or whatever. Also, I have seen surprisingly little discussion of how the screens would be used browsing through this thread.
When are you gonna give up the dream for more playable padlocks?

Sidenote: I always think it's funny when people post supersized rosters and don't include characters from certain series (mainly Wario and F-Zero).

I'm expecting something shorter but replayable, probably more in line with Star Fox or classic Castlevania than anything like SSE. Far fewer cutscenes, at least. Maybe I should underline "replayable" or something, that's really the most important aspect here.

I doubt we'd have no online on the 3DS version, that'd put a huge limit on that version's appeal (particularly for anyone who won't be attending Wii University often). Not expecting something as good as whatever we get on Wii U, but it should still be capable of at least everything Brawl had.

Basing this mostly on Sakurai's effort to at least try for online in Kid Icarus' multiplayer mode (giving him a break regardless of how that turns out since multiplayer is new for KI).

3DS as controllers: betting on a yes, but that's just me.

Your other questions are easily solved by avoiding version-exclusive content, which for those and several other reasons is a terrible idea that won't happen anyway. If it does, I'll personally buy you both systems and both versions even if you already owned them.

Yes, you can bookmark this post to save the last part for when the game comes out.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I think they should have a block feature on training mode so you can work on your shield pressure.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I wonder that yes, the 3DS version may limit the characters you have. But I was wondering if via the WiiU game you could personally choose what characters you could send over to the 3DS version

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
September 23, 2014.
my predicted release date for these games. why? because that day marks the 125th anniversary of Nintendo.

GET HYPE!

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Nintendo has been around a long time, dude. They weren't just in Video Games. They used to run hotels and stuff.

EDIT- Idea, while the main roster will probably be the same between games, what if the third-party guest characters varied from platform?

Wii U
------
Sonic
Snake - Console Exclusive
Megaman - Console Exclusive

3DS
-----
Sonic
Professor Layton - Portable Exclusive
Dragon Quest Character - Portable Exclusive

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
EDIT- Idea, while the main roster will probably be the same between games, what if the third-party guest characters varied from platform?

Wii U
------
Sonic
Snake - Console Exclusive
Megaman - Console Exclusive

3DS
-----
Sonic
Professor Layton - Portable Exclusive
Dragon Quest Character - Portable Exclusive
I personally only see the exclusives being on the Wii U, as it can run more than the 3DS. Besides, there was something about transferring your character to the Wii U to fight with others. But it may be possible that they'll make the 3rd party characters not follow that, if they even go through with it. Who knows, really.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
why is it that people think that only Dragon Quest characters can be in Smash? don't forget tere are a bunch of FF reps, and I don't just mean chocobos and Moogles- the best FF rep of them all is Cecil, since FFIV has be on Nintendo consoles like a bajillion times.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to have characters exclusively for one console that can be sent to another. I just got a funny feeling. Many companies, including Nintendo have done this before (ie: exclusive Pokemon on those Pokemon Coliseum games a couple years back that could be traded to Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald). However, it could be a one way deal (3DS to Wii U [off topic useless rant: Are all forms of technology, including console just the previous consoles but slightly better everything and longer names? I can't wait for the Xbox 1080 triple barrel roll backflip!])

I could easily see, for the Miis being playable, but only on the Wii U. However, I could see, say the Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks version of Toon Link being a 3DS exclusive character, but you could transfer him to the Wii U (or maybe he's available on both, and is completely different on each console?) I could also see someone like Big Boss being playable on the 3DS (remember MGS3D), while Solid Snake is playable on the Wii U. If my intuition is right (and I nearly always predict the future right: I saw every character but Snake, the Pokémon Trainer, and ROB coming), something like this is definitely going to at least be considered by Nintendo, HAL, and their various partners, and it is a strong possibility. Depending how they utilize this (if they do), it could either make the game better, or just be another feature (hope for the previous! ;)). Hopefully this can allow Nintendo to make even more characters (I need more characters! MORE I DARE SAY! :chuckle: :psycho: :cool:)

I like what Nintendo is doing. It sounds very interesting. If it's half as interesting as what they did with Brawl hype (and I was around when that happened), they'll have my full attention. I can't wait to see what they do, read the (further) speculation, and argue with myself like a fool all over again!

And I seriously hope this time around I'm not the only person on youtube to make a remotely accurate video of character predictions! (sorry folks, Waluigi isn't going to be playable.... AGAIN! [probably Geno too! :() Also.... Mega Man... PLEASE!!!

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
lol @ Estimated release date. They didn't even start developing Smash Bros. 4 and the game would be completed in few months?

What is that stupid site.

thecorruptionofman

Smash Rookie
Just wanted to know what you guys thought of this: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=952a71df50ae9cb5cf99d2a419faf353en02

Some kid on another site was telling us how he preordered it and a bunch of other ****. I think it looks mad unreliable, but lol.

Just thought I'd drop it here and get your guys' opinions.
sites will always have a set release date for when a game is actually TBA, and I'm guessing that the same is for here, especially since Nintendo has repeatedly stated that development wont start until Kid Icarus is done.

D

Deleted member

Just wanted to know what you guys thought of this: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=952a71df50ae9cb5cf99d2a419faf353en02

Some kid on another site was telling us how he preordered it and a bunch of other ****. I think it looks mad unreliable, but lol.

Just thought I'd drop it here and get your guys' opinions.
This is extremely unreilable. There is no way the game is coming this year or next year. At earliest, we will see it in late 2013 and considering that this could be the biggest Smash game yet, I can see the game being pushed to 2015.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
why is it that people think that only Dragon Quest characters can be in Smash? don't forget tere are a bunch of FF reps, and I don't just mean chocobos and Moogles- the best FF rep of them all is Cecil, since FFIV has be on Nintendo consoles like a bajillion times.
As someone going into the game industry I can tell you the problem with that is: "Who the hell is Cecil?"

Look at Sonic & Snake. Sonic is the 2nd most known video game character of all and if you own a home console, you've probably seen Snake around and at least know something about him.

Obscure characters like Cecil who appear in one game of a giant series with a new protagonist in each game has absolutely no shot of being in Smash. There may be a bunch of remakes of his game, but it's still just one game.

Sora is the only character Square has that has that universal appeal that Snake has cause he's in the exact same boat as Snake; if you own a recent game console, you probably know who he is. But even he faces competition from Moogle & White Mage who have guest-starred in TWO MARIO games. But they suffer from what I call "Store-front Mediocrity." If you remember the box art for Brawl, on the back, taking up a huge chunk of it was "Solid Snake & Sonic the Hedgehog join the Brawl!" "Moogle joins the Brawl" doesn't sound as appealing as "Sora joins the Brawl!" or "Ryu joins the Brawl!" or "Rayman joins the Brawl!" That's what they're really looking for. They're not handing out character slots for Geno. They're not handing out character slots for Ty the Tasmanian Tiger. They're looking for big names. For every 3rd Party developer they partner with, Sakurai has to pay them to use their character. They want characters that will make people buy the game JUST for that character.

It's just smart money. Like take this for example:
When Sega got the rights to make games for the Olympics, they thought "Hmmm. A good Olympics game might sell well...but if we make it Sonic & the Olympics, that would sell a whole lot better." Then came "But wait! What if we get Nintendo in on this and make it Mario & Sonic at the Olympics?! That would sell EXTREMELY well!"

Companies have to bite the bullet and siphon-off some of their income to others, hoping that with those big names combined, fans of each series will want to own those games. The name has to be big enough to make a profit off the deal, which is the main problem.

That's why Smash 4 will have 4 3rd Party character slots at the very most. It would just be bad business to have 4 out-side publishers siphoning off your money with only 2 or 3 of them actually helping the income. Unless the extra characters are from existing deals like Tails or Raiden, Sakurai would be stupid to add 3rd party characters just to appease Smash fans with a bigger 3rd party roster.

And speaking of the 3rd Party roster, using the logic I stated earlier, I can tell you a couple 3rd party characters almost guaranteed to be playable in Smash 4.

Sonic - Absolute shoe-in for Smash 4. Gaming's second banana. Second only to the king himself; Mario. (If you exclude Pikachu) It is an absolute no-brainer. He'll have a spot in the game's programming before they even finish the Nintendo roster. He brings in cash just like slapping the Mario or Pokemon brand on something. Guaranteed. Money. Guaranteed in the game. No sweat off Sega's back. No sweat off Nintendo's. Profit all-around.

Ryu - Again, an absolute shoe-in. If they add ANY other 3rd party character is has to be Ryu. When you think fighting games, you think Street Fighter first. Ryu is a big name which comes packaged with big bucks. In fact, he's arguably gaming's number 4 guy right behind Mario, Sonic, & Pikachu. Capcom has no reason not to lend them Ryu for Smash 4. It's free money for Capcom. Absolutely free money. All they have to do is check on the project and make sure Sakurai doesn't tarnish Ryu's good name by making him goofy or out-of-character. The ONLY way that Ryu wouldn't be added into Smash 4 is if Smash 4 directly interferes with the sales figures of a big Capcom game coming out just after Smash 4. But even then they should make that money back and more off Smash 4 so, again, no skin off Capcom's back. No skin off Nintendo's back. Profit all-around.

*Regarding Mega Man: Mega Man's a big name, it has to be said. But Mega Man isn't Capcom's show-pony anymore. Ryu is their mascot. Their Mario. Their time-less character that hasn't really changed since he became popular. Mega Man's appearance has constantly changed to the point that he's almost entirely unrecognizable as Mega Man. The most recent games being the best example of that: http://images.wikia.com/nintendo/en/images/1/11/Mega_Man_Star_Force_Dragon.jpg If Capcom gives Sakurai some sort of package deal and gives him both Ryu & Mega Man, that's fantastic, but Ryu is the bigger character & the bigger money-maker.*

Snake
- Stepping away from finance for a minute, Snake pretty much leaves as an old man to go die in peace at the end of Metal Gear Solid 4. The question is; does Konami treat Snake like Ganondorf in Brawl and bring him back for "one last mission", do they move on to a new property, or do they pull-out of Smash all-together. The 3rd option is unlikely, but not out of the question. Snake is one of those decently famous characters. In the same league as Rayman or Bomberman. (Who is actually owned by Konami as they bought Hudson Soft.) While his games are of much better quality than their's, it's Snake himself is the big deciding factor. Would Snake make a profit for Nintendo and if not Snake, then who? Keep in mind if Nintendo makes a dollar more than they gambled originally, adding Snake would be considered a success. It's a complete judgment call on price vs profit for Nintendo & Sakurai's people. Konami has nothing to lose from the transaction at all, but it does however risk Nintendo & Sakurai's money.

Sora - ...*sighs* Square Enix, I am so disappointed. Final Fantasy's recurring characters are Moogles and Dragon Quest's recurring characters are Slimes with little else in-between. Sora is the only character of any merit that constantly returns in his own series. While, yes, he will sell copies of Brawl, I don't honestly expect him to even be considered because, whoops, he's partly owned by Disney. (the money Devil) Sad for you, Square. Sad for you.

But there you have it. Those 3 are just about the only 3rd Party deals worth taking aside from maybe Ubisoft with Rayman. Sonic & Ryu are free money and Snake is iffy. If Sega, Capcom, or Konami wants to throw an extra character like Tails, Mega Man, or Bomberman, respectively, at Sakurai and he bites, that's fantastic! More characters for us! But that's the only way I'd see more than 3 3rd party characters in Smash 4.

Sorry to crush your 3rd Party dreams, guys, but that's just how the gaming industry works. Money. Money. Money.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom