• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I made a 3DS with my thoughts on how you would use all of the controls of the 3DS including the touch screen.

this was made sometime in 2010 when the 3DS was announced. you might recognize it from KumaOso's social discussion group as it was the first and only place i posted this up at.

that transform button is strictly for Zelda... i want her to use Din's Fire improperly the way Link does using down B. every character would have some form of touch screen functionality... i still don't know the specs of the Wii U or the true connections between both games.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
the reason why it was organized as:
--J--
J---A
--S--
was solely because A is where the a button is and S is where the B button is...

the reason why Grab is the R button is because the Z button on the Gamecube is on the right hand side of the controller.

to each their own.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
I really HOPE to god, if Lucas is annonced as a veteran fighter. I'm so getting the game, and if they have DLC. I'ma buy it too!

But I swear, if they change Lucas' Up Smash...
I'ma cry a river.

That and Pikachu's Down B. D:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I remember the shock I had when I realized Lucas's UpSmash was supposed to be PK Love.

D

Deleted member

Just a thought.

I think this version might be the single player one. Perhaps it will be like the Subspace Emissary where you fight and power up your character. There will probably also be a co-op mode.

It's like 2005 all over again. Man, has it been that long?
I'm one of the few people here who actually think the Subspace Emissary concept was great and I would like to see something like it again on the 3DS.
I made a 3DS with my thoughts on how you would use all of the controls of the 3DS including the touch screen.

this was made sometime in 2010 when the 3DS was announced. you might recognize it from KumaOso's social discussion group as it was the first and only place i posted this up at.

that transform button is strictly for Zelda... i want her to use Din's Fire improperly the way Link does using down B. every character would have some form of touch screen functionality... i still don't know the specs of the Wii U or the true connections between both games.
A few suggestions:

- The four main buttons needs different mapping. The jump button should be Y, attack should be A, special should be B, and shield should be X.

- On the extra space beside the Transform button, when charging up a Smash, you should be able to use the space on the touchscreen to hold it until either you release it or it is fully charged up with you being able to change the direction of the smash left or right.

- Make your taunt spaces smaller so that characters stats can be posted below.

- The rest of the space should be shown for how many KOs a character made, how many times they've been KO, and if it's not a match where you lose your lives, your overall score for the match.
Customizable control options next game anyone?
I think this is pretty much a given since we had that in Brawl.

I really HOPE to god, if Lucas is annonced as a veteran fighter. I'm so getting the game, and if they have DLC. I'ma buy it too!
It's decently likely that we'll see Lucas over Ness since Lucas did appear in a handheld game whereas Ness has not.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ness has appeared in a handheld game, they released Mother 1 and 2 in Japan, on Gameboy Advanced I believe.

Of course like ALL Mother games, other than Earthbound, it didn't make it to America.

It's because Nintendo over hyped Mother 2 and expected a lot of money but didn't make nearly that much. Nintendo refuses to release it in America again because of that

D

Deleted member

It's because Nintendo over hyped Mother 2 and expected a lot of money but didn't make nearly that much. Nintendo refuses to release it in America again because of that
I'm actually pretty sure it's because of the soundtrack, which infringes on U.S. copyright laws.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm actually pretty sure it's because of the soundtrack, which infringes on U.S. copyright laws.
While I'm not sure what you mean by that, the soundtrack couldn't have been what stopped both the remakes of Mother 1/ 2 and the release of 3 in America. Maybe one of them, but not both

D

Deleted member

While I'm not sure what you mean by that, the soundtrack couldn't have been what stopped both the remakes of Mother 1/ 2 and the release of 3 in America. Maybe one of them, but not both
The former, most likely. For the latter, Mother 3 was released rather close to the end of the GBA's lifespan.

D

Deleted member

Ness has appeared in a handheld game, they released Mother 1 and 2 in Japan, on Gameboy Advanced I believe.

Of course like ALL Mother games, other than Earthbound, it didn't make it to America.

I believe that having new titles in the installment will be a more important factor to consider then remakes. I have yet to see a character get in a game even thought they solely appeared in remakes.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm wondering if there will be a character or characters that you could unlock only in the 3DS which you could later transfer in your Wii U. I don't know who that would be exactly. Possibly a handheld exclusive/primary character. The only thing I could thinik of is pokemon.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Hey does anybody else miss the style point mechanism from melee and want it back for the new game? Remember, there was one called "poser" when someone did a taunt right after they KO'd a person. That would be awesome to have back. I couldn't believe that they left it out of Brawl. :(

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@smash fan... i will make another with edits considering but i will use PKMN trainer this time so the transform will be swapped with 3 buttons of separate pokemon selections.
the edit will be made in the summer vacation since it's finals week next week.

unfortunately, showcasing PKMN trainer will show which pokemon i lean towards and that is a big no no when it comes to discussion threads of varying opinions, so i will make it general by using Rookie, Champion, Ultimate. (lol Digimon *shot*) seriously... i will use Pokemon 1, Pokemon 2, Pokemon 3.

@refugee... i miss that too. oh and they didn't take it out of brawl, they left it out.

Soniscape

Smash Rookie
I'm worried I won't be able to get used to using the 3DS playing ssb :\ Same with the new WiiU controller.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm worried I won't be able to get used to using the 3DS playing ssb :\ Same with the new WiiU controller.
Well, for the Wii U we do have compatibility with "Classic Controller Pro". After how Brawl was designed, I couldn't see the new Super Smash Bros. not being compatible with it. Sure, it will be different from the GCN controller, but it is very comforting to know that we'll have that, at least.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still don't see what's wrong with the wiimote controller. It's fairly easy for me to hold.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I still don't see what's wrong with the wiimote controller. It's fairly easy for me to hold.
Well, I never tried to play Brawl with it (I barely played Brawl at all. xD), but I don't really care for the Wii Remote because it is motion sensing and I don't like needing to leave my four-AA battery operated motion sensor on and getting in the right place where it will be read (nor do I like needing to replace the batteries in everything).

I know, that's not really necessary with playing Brawl with it (or is it? I never actually tried. I can't lie.), but I hate the Wii Remote.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
@smash fan... i will make another with edits considering but i will use PKMN trainer this time so the transform will be swapped with 3 buttons of separate pokemon selections.
the edit will be made in the summer vacation since it's finals week next week.

unfortunately, showcasing PKMN trainer will show which pokemon i lean towards and that is a big no no when it comes to discussion threads of varying opinions, so i will make it general by using Rookie, Champion, Ultimate. (lol Digimon *shot*) seriously... i will use Pokemon 1, Pokemon 2, Pokemon 3.

@refugee... i miss that too. oh and they didn't take it out of brawl, they left it out.
Yeah that's what I meant. Corrected!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
the thing that is wrong with the wii mote is the amount of buttons it has... and no, you don't need motions in brawl. it doesn't even allow you to use it like a wand in the character selection screen.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm slowly getting the feeling that SSB3DS will have all the one player modes and SSB4 will have all the multiplayer stuff. If that's the case, this game should turn out much better than Brawl because Sakurai admitted that close to 70% of Brawl's development revolved around the SSE. We would have one group focus on making the multiplayer balanced and expansive while we'd have one group focus on making something that's fun to play when your friends aren't available.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
I'm slowly getting the feeling that SSB3DS will have all the one player modes and SSB4 will have all the multiplayer stuff. If that's the case, this game should turn out much better than Brawl because Sakurai admitted that close to 70% of Brawl's development revolved around the SSE. We would have one group focus on making the multiplayer balanced and expansive while we'd have one group focus on making something that's fun to play when your friends aren't available.
I'm pretty sure I've seen you before before Brawl came out either on this forum, Nsider2, or the Nintendo forum. In all cases, what's up?

Holy crap, 70%? O_o Yeah if that's the case then this should turn out much better then Brawl. That and the fact it's going to be a group of people balancing rather then just Sakurai will make it much better.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I'm going to break the last point in the main post into parts while I state my opinion on it, however small my opinion may truly be. I just feel the need to express myself on the matter.
- "So, for the 3DS version, since you must enjoy it alone, it has a system of rewards that you can customize your character with.
Customizing your character seems interesting. I'm rather curious as to how they'll do it. My suspicions want me to say that they'll just do attire customizations for the characters, with boosters kind of like the stickers were in Brawl. However, a bit of me wishes for it to have customizable movepools for each character, even if it's only "You can choose between these three movesets. Have fun."

Personally, the customization of movesets would be truly beneficial to certain characters who either really need to be less of an edited version of a character (Like Ganondorf has been) or characters that have so many options for movesets that they could use the extra movepool selections (Such as either of the Links). Other characters can just have a new movepool that just generally makes sense for them, even if they didn't have a movepool ever to begin with when they were originally created for the game.

They really could do some neat-o stuff with this if they play their cards right.
And then you can bring these characters from the 3DS to the WiiU to fight on. So one "individual" on a handheld will appear in the "stadium" of the home console."
This is quite interesting. Though it would bother me greatly if you could only customize on the 3DS version, therefore making it a necessity to have both versions of the game (Not like I wasn't already planning on getting both but some people may not be able to fork out all that money (Such as myself ;A;)).
Iwata summarizes by saying "The 3DS version is where players will earn individual achievements for themselves, while the WiiU version will be a place to show those achivements off"
Going off of this quote here, my previous statement seems to have been drowned out. Looks like the Wii U is simply the display for the 3DS's "achievements". How unfortunate.

What would be interesting, though annoying if you ask me, is if they have different characters exclusive to different versions (Like Lucas for the 3DS and Ness for the Wii U as an example) the characters from the WIi U would be allowed to use the 3DS's customizations, rather than having that character show up and then go off of the console, which wouldn't make much sense.

Also, there also comes the issue of if the Wii U has more characters than the 3DS does, there's the problem of not having any "achievements" to give to those Wii U characters. Which would be kind of a "Eff You" from the Wii U players to Nintendo/Sakurai.

All-in-all though, I am looking forward to these games, and I hope by the time they're released I'll have both 3DS and Wii U, so I can experience them for myself.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm pretty sure I've seen you before before Brawl came out either on this forum, Nsider2, or the Nintendo forum. In all cases, what's up?
Yeah, I've been around. I joined Nsider in 2005 literally a day after the next Smash Bros was pseudo-announced at E3 05. I then joined here in 2006 when people were talking about a little project I pieced together and tried to go to Nintendo of Japan to deliver. In 2007, I also joined Nsider2 but I left shortly afterwards when I noticed that the maturity of a lot of the posters and the MODs had taken a nosedive since they left Nsider. Since that time, I've largely been here. I often participated in the character discussions before Brawl came out and after it came out, I was an online tournament director that offered Wii points as prizes. I used to participate in online tournaments a lot but then college kind of caught up with me and I had to "retire." I was also a MOD for a short time but, again, work and school kept me away from here so I was "let go." Now-a-days I mostly bum around, write blogs, and participate in the SSB4 discussions.

D

Deleted member

I'm wondering if there will be a character or characters that you could unlock only in the 3DS which you could later transfer in your Wii U. I don't know who that would be exactly. Possibly a handheld exclusive/primary character. The only thing I could thinik of is pokemon.
I would expect more exclusives then that. One good potential example is Issac, who's franchise is handheld franchise.
This. Honestly, I mainly played with the Wiimote + Nunchuck combination and had a great time doing so.

PF9

Smash Lord
I think they should do two games for the 3DS - one the original game, and another an enhanced remake of the N64 game, with its intended 18-character roster, and enhanced versions of all the stages.

It's about time Smash come to a handheld. I've waited for this for quite a while. I wonder how it will play out?

D

Deleted member

I think they should do two games for the 3DS - one the original game, and another an enhanced remake of the N64 game, with its intended 18-character roster, and enhanced versions of all the stages.

It's about time Smash come to a handheld. I've waited for this for quite a while. I wonder how it will play out?
I prefer if both games were original. Obviously the Wii-U version will, but the 3DS version should be as well. As much as I love the original game, no need for a remake for that.

Hopefully it goes great.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I've been around. I joined Nsider in 2005 literally a day after the next Smash Bros was pseudo-announced at E3 05. I then joined here in 2006 when people were talking about a little project I pieced together and tried to go to Nintendo of Japan to deliver. In 2007, I also joined Nsider2 but I left shortly afterwards when I noticed that the maturity of a lot of the posters and the MODs had taken a nosedive since they left Nsider. Since that time, I've largely been here. I often participated in the character discussions before Brawl came out and after it came out, I was an online tournament director that offered Wii points as prizes. I used to participate in online tournaments a lot but then college kind of caught up with me and I had to "retire." I was also a MOD for a short time but, again, work and school kept me away from here so I was "let go." Now-a-days I mostly bum around, write blogs, and participate in the SSB4 discussions.
Well it's nice to see you're still around. :bee: If you remember me I was "yoshiblue2" at the old forum. Yeah Nsider2 has gone downhill which is why I'm sticking around here now. Did you do a series of comics (that used the name of posters for characters) by any chance or was that someone else?

Unrelated:

Here's a link to a IGN poll that Sakurai/Nintendo might look at for choosing a Capcom representative for the next SSB.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174797p1.html

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I would expect more exclusives then that. One good potential example is Issac, who's franchise is handheld franchise.
Yes I just saw that mention in Wii U thread. I think Issac would be a great character for something like that.

I'm also wondering if we are taking the whole "experiences" and "Customization" too literal.

What if he meant that you could customize your roster and levels, and not the individual characters? What he could have meant with experience was the real experience you gain with training that character. So you could train on your 3DS while you’re going to a friend’s house and then unleash your fresh skills on your friends.

D

Deleted member

First character roster for the 3DS. This is more of something I thrown in together so I'm not expecting this to be very realistic, but I did try:

*: Unlockable

Mario:
- Mario
- Luigi*
- Peach
- Bowser

Donkey Kong:
- Donkey Kong

Yoshi:
- Yoshi

Wario:
- Wario

The Legend of Zelda:
- Link

Metroid:
- Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Kirby:
- Kirby
- King Dedede*

Star Fox:
- Fox

Pokemon:
- Pikachu
- Pokemon Trainer
- Jigglypuff*
- Zoroark*

Earthbound:
- Lucas*

F-zero:
- Captain Falcon*

Fire Emblem:
- Marth*

Game & Watch:
- Mr. Game & Watch*

Kid Icarus:
- Pit
- Medusa*

Golden Sun:
- Issac*

Starfy:
- Starfy

# of Characters: 24
Starters: 14
Unlockables: 12
Veterans: 21
Newcomers: 3

Constructive criticisms would be nice.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i would throw in everyone from brawl and melee on top of that list seeing the 3DS is as strong if not stronger than the wii in terms of power it has and include maybe megaman from capcom. I really honestly don't see the character list being different between versions. Sure it could happen but then again they could eventually be added as DLC characters.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Since someone else mentioned characters, I will too.

I'll try to make a prediction for characters in 2011, long before we know anything. I assume no one will be cut besides Snake and Sonic and there will be no third party characters. New characters are

Little Mac
Toad
Palutena
Medusa
Shulk
Dixie Kong
T-Rex (Fossile Fighter)
Mii
Zoroark
Samurai Gohor
Ridley
Takamaru

I'm sure I could think up number 13, but this is good for now. Just want to see how close I am later on.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
i would throw in everyone from brawl and melee on top of that list seeing the 3DS is as strong if not stronger than the wii in terms of power
Is that actually true?

I thought that the 3DS is closer to the GCN in terms of power.

I don't think we should expect that large of a roster from the 3DS version. Probably one around Melee's size, if even that.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
T-Rex? Fossil Fighters? this is the first i hear of it... *goes wikiattacking*
Hero... oh great, another unnamed hero. well, apparently, the official book calls him Ben... and the official site comics call him Hunter.
Shulk... i hate that name. it's fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom