• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* Falco Match-Up Thread ~ Week #13: Olimar

cheese619

Smash Ace
I agree with M@v, IC's are much harder than Pikachu. Everytime I attempted to chaingrab IC's today, Nana would just ice block me, our chaingrab seems to situational too me.

@Sky aren't struggles just mashing buttons on the controller, because I've never manged to get out of my friend's Bthrow chaingrab, even when I was mashing like crazy.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Yeah, I've fought IC's that know how to CG perfectly and Pikas that know how to CG perfectly, and I always thought Pika was easier than IC's. :\ That's why I was pretty shocked that we settled on 45:55 for IC's.

But... I just assume Larry knows better than me though so I will be trying Falco vs IC's soon instead of CP'ing MK... but I'm not expecting much :\

Notra

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've fought IC's that know how to CG perfectly and Pikas that know how to CG perfectly, and I always thought Pika was easier than IC's. :\ That's why I was pretty shocked that we settled on 45:55 for IC's.

But... I just assume Larry knows better than me though so I will be trying Falco vs IC's soon instead of CP'ing MK... but I'm not expecting much :\
Icees are easier. The fact that we cant camp pika is enough right there. icees cant be at us so ,cant grab. pika can. end of story.

D3 now....

Purple

Hi guys!
Dedede gets lasered constantly, you literally don't have to approach dedede at all unless you really want to kill him, which at high percentages is easy (fastfall dair to uair, or wait for an airdodge after the fastfall dair and then uair, both work).

Of course, dedede can get cg'd to about 45 percent and Falco has many setups that allow him not to have to worry about getting grabbed by d3's long grab range.

While d3 does have ways he can play this match-up and with his gimp and spacing game, and Falco's linear recovery offstage. d3 can definately win in this match-up. But a good Falco playing with as many lasers as possible, and utilizing grab setups to cg, jabs whenever approaching (mixing up grabs of course). and ff dair to uair (you can also just jab to increase damage or add shield pressure if d3 is already shielding and didn't grab/punish in time). This matchup is extremely difficult for d3.

65:35 maybe?

erick gm14

Smash Ace
can we discuss zss MU? and b4 u ppl say OH JUST LAZORS N SIDE BEES, tell me if u faced a GOOD Ranked zss. one that RUNS at u all the time gives u no breathing space... ugh i dont undertand it..

Denzi

Smash Master
can we discuss zss MU? and b4 u ppl say OH JUST LAZORS N SIDE BEES, tell me if u faced a GOOD Ranked zss. one that RUNS at u all the time gives u no breathing space... ugh i dont undertand it..
I've faced a couple good ZSS's, and it's really just standard Falco in this one.

swordsaint

Smash Master
lasers, good spacing, quick attacks

don't get in the air too much either, she'll juggle you well, but if you wanna get grounded, try to beat her up b with a dair, and try to exchange blows with her up air

but yeah, denzis right. zss gets ***** by lasers, and if she's running that much, you can probably intercept her approaches with phantasms, dash attacks and boost grabs.

Denzi

Smash Master
Also she can't really do much when we're under her, so hitting her up with a Dair at higher %s is a good way to rack damage/get kills.

hmm thanks.. wat do u do wither her armor pieces if u get em? toss em or use them?
Just use whichever seems to work. If you are not the greatest at avoiding projectiles like hers, even with the reflector, then just get rid of them as soon as possible. They can be viewed as risky to have.

If you can abuse it to your advantage, then go ahead. Typically, when it's like the last one on stage and she has none. It's a great idea to hold onto one of them, then start abusing your camping.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
throw them away.

I get all excited every time an opponent tries to use the armor pieces against me, it means that I can use my pretty much best item game (next to diddy) in the game again! (after zcatching/doing something to get it back, seriously, zero has no trouble reclaiming her pieces, her attack have a high item-drop-rate)

cheese619

Smash Ace
I always use the item pieces, glide tossing is good because you can follow up with practically anything. Also if ZSS throws her items down or up reflect them so that you own them, this leads to Zamus running into them and accumulating damage in the process. I've scored many kills by reflecting her armour pieces when she's on about 70% because the knockback is huge.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Don't use them. Disregard that guy who posted above me, really. Only if you're a ****** and you've let her use her armor pieces for so long that she's around 90% on which percentage her armor piece will probably kill herself unstaled.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Funny thing is, Snakeee always throws his armor pieces out cause he says they tend to be better used against him especially cause ZSS getting hit by 2 armor pieces in sequence when she's near the edge can equal an easy gimp.

ZSS usually tries to boomrush Falco for some odd reason. Blocking is very useful. Blocking to grab works well too cause most ZSS don't try to grab unless they are predicting a spot dodge, roll, or where you will land. Cgrab works here and down throw to dash attack also ***** well. Even down throw to charged fsmash because ZSS's fair is balls and she will most likely di away or air dodge after a down throw. After lasers, cg, downthrow to dash attack/fsmash, ZSS is either at 80/90% or even....dead already lol!!

Also try not to be in the range for that stupid forward B move she has. Most ZSS always attempt to get that for the kill so either be right in her face or far away when you're at kill percent. If you're close, jab works well but try to double jab cancel cause she can DI into you and uair which leads into her crazy ariel combos. If she's running into your face too much try a full jab after a shdouble laser.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Because there is no human capable of controlling 3 armor pieces, they often throw 1 away. If they throw 2 away you must either have a way to good item game or you just know his habits.

ZSS players shouldn't be using sideB if you're grounded. Half a second startup = free powershield to punish.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Funny thing is, Snakeee always throws his armor pieces out cause he says they tend to be better used against him especially cause ZSS getting hit by 2 armor pieces in sequence when she's near the edge can equal an easy gimp.

ZSS usually tries to boomrush Falco for some odd reason. Blocking is very useful. Blocking to grab works well too cause most ZSS don't try to grab unless they are predicting a spot dodge, roll, or where you will land. Cgrab works here and down throw to dash attack also ***** well. Even down throw to charged fsmash because ZSS's fair is balls and she will most likely di away or air dodge after a down throw. After lasers, cg, downthrow to dash attack/fsmash, ZSS is either at 80/90% or even....dead already lol!!

Also try not to be in the range for that stupid forward B move she has. Most ZSS always attempt to get that for the kill so either be right in her face or far away when you're at kill percent. If you're close, jab works well but try to double jab cancel cause she can DI into you and uair which leads into her crazy ariel combos. If she's running into your face too much try a full jab after a shdouble laser.
I usually keep two. You just don't know because you play Falco and I don't want to deal with that reflector **** lol. And are you crazy? Side B is garbage on Falso especially. If I start using it on you and you don't **** me bc of it, I'm gonna lose all respect for you XD

I avoid this match up now anyway though, it's horrendous for ZSS

EDIT: Actually I sort of alternate between using one piece and using two. It's hard to say which is the better option, but I've been leaning towards one lately. I'd say that two possibly could have more potential, but one is going the safe route since you can have much more control over keeping it within your possession. My armor game is getting a lot better btw :p. I get some pretty good traps going where I combo people into the piece, juggle them, and get the piece back XD.

cheese619

Smash Ace
@Xonar My comments are perfectly valid. For the record I don't let her keep her armour pieces till 90%, generally I use her armor pieces up to 90%. And as Keitaro said throwing 2 armour pieces at her in quick succession can lead to an easy edgehog/gimp.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Have fun being right while I have possibly the best ZSS player on my side. (who I love too for being awesomeee)

You shouldn't have an armor piece, only if she uses 2, in which case there's the possibility that you get 1, but that doesn't matter at all as 1 won't result in a gimp if they l2DI and hitting 1 isn't enough by far. So even if you get 1, you will have a hard time hitting her with it as she has plenty of moves that neutralize the armor piece to no possesion status or her posession status, thus giving it back to her.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i haven't seen him recently, but i liked dazwa. there was also a pretty good rep in my state, but he moved to tx. i saw snakeee at a hobo somewhat recently, wasn't so pleased.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Nick Riddle is the best now imo. I forgot Snakeee uses ZSS still after making many blogs stating she quit ZSS, but she can't quit her character... naughty naughty. Snakeee uses Shiek against Falco btw.

As for Dazwa, he pretty much quit Singles and only attends Doubles now with Darc as his partner. Dazwa would use Wario and Darc would go MK.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm in a bad mood because $2150 of mine is missing in the mail at the moment so sorry if I sound somewhat harsh...

i haven't seen him recently, but i liked dazwa. there was also a pretty good rep in my state, but he moved to tx. i saw snakeee at a hobo somewhat recently, wasn't so pleased.
Omg how many times am I going to hear about how bad I was at Hobo? I was on no sleep for about 48 hours at the time, and couldn't think at all really. Btw Lee Martin had gotten the same placing at that same Hobo, how come no one noticed or ragged on him about it? >_>

Nick Riddle is the best now imo. I forgot Snakeee uses ZSS still after making many blogs stating she quit ZSS, but she can't quit her character... naughty naughty. Snakeee uses Shiek against Falco btw.

As for Dazwa, he pretty much quit Singles and only attends Doubles now with Darc as his partner. Dazwa would use Wario and Darc would go MK.
Florida doesn't know how to deal with side B and d-smash for whatever reason. Edited this bc I don't want to become the very thing I swore to destroy XD

Top Bottom