• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Power Rankings ~Looking for management~

Status
Not open for further replies.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Heha, I face mostly Marths at these monthlies.
Sadly, I always manage to be just in range for a tipper and die at 60%.
I only got 27/34 in September because I got knocked out early, by two Marths.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Don get grabbed.

thesage, I demand friendlies from u if I ever go to this tournament (As it stands now, I might actually go O_o)

T0MMY

Smash Master
I also beat QTP 2-1 in pools, he is a well known Diddy main from Northern California. Also in doubles we beat Havokk and Mogx, T1mmy and T0mmy, and Hall and Oats (all well known players from Mexico, Southern California, and Oregon).
Vicegrip, I want to say first thing your Ness is freakin' awesome. But next I just have to johnz for you a bit. We traveled 24 hours straight down from OR to San Diego and went through a lot of crazy drama the night before and forgot our food as well. I was playing really badly :^(
This is why when we got some sleep we did much better in the Teams bracket when we played again (going 2-0 opposed to 0-2 the day before).

But my poor performance doesn't mean I know your Ness is really good. You and Dog Latin are by far the best Ness players I've seen along my travels across the west coast. And I really don't know anyone who would be above you two (again I'm west coast, I can't say for east coast).

We'll MM at Genesis, k? ^___^

Noa.

Smash Master
I'd like to know how you guys organize your PRs. Is it more determined on tournament placings or something else? The G&W boards are going to create PRs of our own, and we'd like to have a basic idea of how to make them.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
This list is based off of a combination of tournament rankings, notable players beaten, and region lived in.

I still don't know how to compare wc Nesses to ec Nesses. I'll decide sometime tonight. Sorry I wasn't able to update this. I'm been sick recently.

If I could at least be provided with lists of how the WC Nesses feel how they do vs. each other that'd be great and make my job mad easier.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Updates. I still can't really compare wc to ec yet. I also don't really have a clue on how the wc rankings should be and I guestimated based on recent performance. I don't really know who's better b/t Caz and Dog Latin. I also don't have a clue who's better in the Midwest.

All I know is that in terms of skill midwest is the worst right now. So you can read those placements as 8-10. Pk Skyler probably gets 7th.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
List seems pretty accurate. Ill be attending a tourney this sunday. Hopefully I can make top 8....I really want to actually rank in a tourney for once.

If I could at least be provided with lists of how the WC Nesses feel how they do vs. each other that'd be great and make my job mad easier.
Well in terms of skill, Ive played Vice online before. Friendlys and ladder. However for some stupid reason we never played irl ("Ill play you later Vice!" "Ill play you later PK!" "hey lets make a 2 Ness crew lolololo")

Anyway online I sometimes get vice to his last stock but thats about it. So you could say its like an 85% chance that Vice will beat me in a match.

Overall, I still dont dair approach enough and sometimes my pkt camping screws me over. I probably use PKF more than I should. also, Im retarted sometimes and get hit by dumb moves or DI stupid. Oh, and DSH aerials are still weird to me, but Im getting the hang of it. I can nair to nair consistently, the others are still a challenge,a nd Im finding it hard to actually apply my double aerials in match.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
That's a strength you have PK, knowing the things you need to work on. That way whenever you do it in a match you kick yourself and then if u kick yourself enough times you learn lol. And yea wtf, how did we not play. Ah well, we'll play in person eventually. and I ended up getting 7th of 46 teams in doubles and 25 of 32 in pro bracket at scsa. the link is on my profile page at aib. The total number of entrants into the pools was 70 (I got 1st in my specific pool) and then you factor in an extra 16 because 16 people were already guaranteed spots into the pro bracket. Just to determine how many people were involved in singles.

http://allisbrawl.com/profile/ViceGrip.ai

Protein

Smash Apprentice
I'm east coast? when was this? also, I'm better than someone on east coast? wat?

so, I'm in KY. there's no coast here at all. I wish there was, cause then seafood would be cheaper and stuff.

why would I be playing top placers at MWC if I'm east coast?

(good stuff sage.)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I thought you were North Carolina. Same thing really. Both are hole in the wall states (no offense). You shall appear in MW now.

Vice, PkSkyler, and other worst coasters. You need to tell me how you do vs. all of each other or how you think you guys rank up (This includes, Caz, Dog Latin, Vice, and PkSkyler, thanks).

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Ive only played Vice soooo.....

As I said before, Weve only played online and he kicks my butt, Its ussually I get him to his last stock but ive been two stocked. Once I almost beat him(in ladder), but it was lucky.

My position as 4th BEST coaster is accurate.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
IDK, I actually know how protein plays and he's pretty decent IMO. I also think Protein lives in a more developed smash scene. I don't really know much about which part of mw is better, just that they're all lame compared to the coasts.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
...wat?

honestly I was about to ask ref's question myself. (I don't know what neomagic's ness looks like, I'm just curious)

I have such confidence in myself.

oh, can I still randomly be better than neon ness? (I don't know who that is)
cause I wanna see a silly gap in the MW section where it skips a number for EC and then goes back to MW.

oh, I guess I'm still ranked, 7th then?

by the way, the part of the midwest I'm in is the eastern side. The side that Anther, Overswarm, Lain, Rowan, + others are in.
I think neomagic is on the other side, so with the regional circuit in my area, I won't ever get to see neomagic.
yeah.

it is true that we have players that can beat OS, who I can take games off of/beat. so for whatever that's worth.

edit: please list out the numbers for us when you figure out weather you like WC or EC better.
consider making it out of 20 ranks?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
This is my guesstimation of what a non regional pr would be like. IDK how well regions would be against each other. The only reason I put Protein above Neon Ness was that I know nothing about how good Neon actually is besides the fact he lives in Florida, which is a decent area.

1/2 Ref (New York)
1/2 ViceGrip (California)
3/4. Cazcom (Washington)
3/4. Dog Latin (Washington)
5. thesage (Virginia)
6/7/8. Neon Ness (Florida)
6/7/8. Pk Skyler (California)
6/7/8. Protein (KFC)
8. Timotee (????)
9. Neomagic (Iowa)
10. Dajayman (Illinois)

For places where there are ties I posted in alphabetical order. No significance there. I'm considering putting myself above Caz/Dog since we basically all place the same but I always lose to more well known players >_>;

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Neon Ness never really attended too many tourneys...

NEO MAGIC DESERVES HIGHER! He gets like 4th out of like 53.... put that dude like fourth or 5th...

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Id put myself last cause ive only been to like 8 or 10 tourneys, and only 3 of them Ive done OK and ive never placed 8th or higher (plan on changing that...). I know I have very tough competition and all....but....I dunno.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
:laugh: Why am I being referred to in the past tense? I ain't done with Smash quite yet.

NeoMagic should be higher definitely, somewhere above me. And he's beaten me pretty badly over Wifi in the past. Highest I've ever made is 4th in a tournament...

Florida does seem to have a difficult Smash scene, but I can't tell if it's because everyone else is really good or I'm just bad. Or both.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

NEO MAGIC DESERVES HIGHER! He gets like 4th out of like 53.... put that dude like fourth or 5th...
The problem is, Neo magic plays in MW, but I thought he was gettin 4th out of like 15 b4. Lol

New list

1/2 Ref (New York)
1/2 ViceGrip (California)
3/4. Cazcom (Washington)
3/4. Dog Latin (Washington)
5. thesage (Virginia)
6. Neomagic (Iowa)
7/8/9. Neon Ness (Florida)
7/8/9. Pk Skyler (California)
7/8/9. Protein (KFC)
10. Timotee (????)/Dajayman (Illinois) [somebody tell me who to drop!!!]

Edit: Neon ness, how do you do against top players in Florida (sebrik etc.)

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Florida does seem to have a difficult Smash scene, but I can't tell if it's because everyone else is really good or I'm just bad. Or both.
It is a hard scene. and I argue that everyone else is just really good, but eh. I never knew you were in Florida too neon, which part? Central fl?

Protein

Smash Apprentice
KY is also surprisingly difficult. or, atleast the top placers are.

and florida smashers are pretty chill when they visited. Equi (best wolf in florida, I think, is he still?) came up to KY to play with us a while ago. Hilt went even with him last time they played, and hilt's improved to the point of being recognized at MWC for being a good olimar. I think fino might have said that hilt was better.

so yeah. probably doesn't change anything though.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Yea i've played against equi, idk if hes the best wolf in florida atm, but I know his wolf is definitely beast.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd have to agree on that, Florida's pretty lame if you don't attend any of the official ones. To this day, I still laugh at getting 1st out of 34. That wasn't a real win, it was beyond easy, except for that Marth at the end.

I've only been to 5 tournies total, played in 3. (4 if you count the one from last weekend, but I didn't participate.)

CO18

Smash Hero
I'll be on here soonz.

Neon Ness what part of FL do you live in, SFL? Cuz I never heard of you. :(

You should come to gigs on the 28th bro

Im in the process of learning ness.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I finally decide to check the Ness board again and find a hilarious drama central. I suppose I'll fill in blanks for me and my performance: I'm from Colorado, not ??????. As for placing at tourneys, The worst I've done in the past 6 months is 5th, with tourneys being about monthly. Most placings are 1st or 2nd. Since I'm really lazy, I'll go look up the tourney results and post them in an edit, unless someone else posts not to.

Edit: got bored of trying to find full results. Did tally up count though: 1 5th, 1 4th, 4 2nds, 2 1sts. Have 2 tourneys coming up this month, we'll see how those go.

Another edit: Any Ness players going to Final Round? I'm mostly going to improve at Guilty Gear, but I'm aiming to take the brawl tourney there.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I'll be on here soonz.

I've never heard of him either and I live in SFL :X
I'm most likely attending gigs in march so i'd like to meet other ness mains in fl finalllyy.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Wow Timotee you really should find those results pages and post them in Ankoku's rankings thread... Ness could use the love XD.

Lizard

Smash Ace
Neon Ness.

Dude we gotta find i place to meet sometime. i'd like to any possiblitly you could hitch a ride with masky and lio and such to the next PHB or GIGS?

Edit: Neon ness, how do you do against top players in Florida (sebrik etc.)
BTW... Last GIGS i lost the set, but i two stocked seibriks meta-knight on pirate ship.

Masky

Smash Master
I'll be on here soonz.

Whaaaaaat? :love:

BTW... Last GIGS i lost the set, but i two stocked seibriks meta-knight on pirate ship.
It's true... Lizard is too good. He also DOUBLE SPIKED the 2nd best team in doubles.
(For anyone who doesn't know Gigs is the most attended monthly tournament series in FL)

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Rawr! There are THREE tournaments coming up in the next three weeks in the Chicago area, but I can't go to any of them due to money johns...

If necessary, you may drop me and leave Timotee.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Wow Timotee you really should find those results pages and post them in Ankoku's rankings thread... Ness could use the love XD.
I honestly couldn't care less about the ranking list. The lower Ness stays, the fewer people that learn how to fight him and the easier OOS will be.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I honestly couldn't care less about the ranking list. The lower Ness stays, the fewer people that learn how to fight him and the easier OOS will be.
This is true. I've always laughed a little on the inside at the people who mention "Ness is low tier" or who get frustrated when losing to a 'low tier' character.

On that note; I'm gonna make some money in MM's this Monday on a challenge I put forth to Dededes (I know the matchup inside and out; Dedede used to be my main XD).

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I'll be on here soonz.

:laugh: There's not really any reason for anyone to have heard of me, I'm not even remotely well known outside of school. I've only just started going to tournaments this year. But yeah, I'd love to attend a GIGS sometime, meet some great players. It's a little tough to get to tournaments because I haven't gotten my license quite yet, but hopefully Masky/Lio/Moses will have room in a random carpool if I don't have it by then. I live in Jacksonville, and go to college in Gainesville, so... North Florida.

You're learning Ness, seriously!? Funny... just yesterday I realized how fun Dedede is. :ness2: :dedede:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm far from getting a license. :laugh:
That'd be great if I could show up to some bigger tournies and get some experience against players that don't suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom