• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Power Rankings ~Looking for management~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitas

the moon
real current list:
1. FOW

Current List:

How the regions will be ranked ec=wc>mw/south

East Coast

1. thesage (Virginia)
2. Neon Ness (Florida)

We need more ec Ness mains =/

West Coast

1. ViceGrip (California)
2. Dog Latin (Oregon)
3. Cazcom (Washington)
4. Pk Skyler (California)

Midwest

1. Protein (KFC)
2. Timotee (Colorado)
3. Neomagic (Iowa)
4. Dajayman (Illinois)

Cuz I'm bored and want some drama plus interesting debate about Ness instead of arguing semantics over stuff.

Requirements:

Must participate in OFFLINE tournaments
Must main Ness
Must attend a tournament at least every 2 months
Must live in US (Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico don't count unless you attend tournaments on the mainland US regularly).

ONLINE DOESN'T COUNT SRSLY

some of us are bad on it T_T

Many of you probably are wondering why I'd rank Vicegrip above Neomagic, even though Neomagic places first at tournaments? This is due to the area people live in. For instance Timotee and Neomagic play in the same area (midwest). Neomagic places more frequently than Tim. Neomagic is ahead. Even though Neomagic places higher than Vice, Vice deals with a harder crowd. The same is true for me and Ref being above the others (if you feel like you can beat Azen and G-reg, feel free to say that lol).

Unfortunately we lost a lot of Ness mains the last couple of months (dog latin, Cazcom, Ademisk) If DL and Caz were still active I'd rank them above Ref/Vice with Caz above DL.

If you (are ranked here) feel I ranked you incorrectly do tell (while arguing your points).

Drama starts now.

Feel free to post in this thread if you are ranked here or you would like to provide some props for yourself or another player.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
No love for meteor master? (or me XD)
Yea, sorry guys. I just feel that I don't really know that much about the tournament scene of those countries (esp Europe and Australia). Maybe once international tournaments occur we'll be able to do that.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Ooh, add meh to da list, plz!!!

I went to a tournament 2 weeks ago and got 7th out of 10. Get murked.

Put Masky above me...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
That's why he's ranked third geez. I wrote a paragraph explaining that stuff lol. I don't really know if Vice is better than me or not but since I think my area is better than his I'd put myself above him.

Neon, it's needs to qualify to be listed on the character ranking thread to count as a tournament. A ten person tournament is well... wtf w/e I'll list you lol if you can provide me a thread link.

Neon Ness

Neon, it's needs to qualify to be listed on the character ranking thread to count as a tournament. A ten person tournament is well... wtf w/e I'll list you lol if you can provide me a thread link.
:laugh: I'm not amazing or anything, but just for lulz, tournament link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210903

I'm just taking up space on the list until someone better comes along.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I go to tournaments very often here in Chicago, but I haven't won that much. You can go ahead and put me in as last in the list.

Levitas

the moon
lol, I used ness at a couple tournaments. I even used him in brackets.

Although it was funny beating a dude's ROB in pools because he didn't see a ness spike coming. ROB should never camp under the stage with uairs on delphino against ness.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
haha, thanks 4 the props burnty and J4pu. Yea, that's probably right but I also haven't been posting any doubles results for awhile just cause I only consider singles to be the true legitamate indicator of skill. But if they count I haven't posted about 5 tournaments where we got 9th out of 46 at Dsf's SCSA tourney, 17th out of 32 (and 1st in our pool) at Winter Games Fest, 1st of 6 in Oki's garage tournament, 13th out of 37 at Races garage tournament, and 7th of 32 at Quiznos Brawl tournament (all of these are within the last 3 months). I also won 3 Money matches off of T0mmy from Oregon. First one he went Rob and I won a dollar, second one he went Rob and I won another dollar, then we played a set for 5 dollars and he went Marth (lawlz) and I won 5 dollars haha. Jump broke almost every time he grabbed me right away. The infinite does not = free win at allll. Harse lesson for T0mmy that day (this was at WGF).
I also beat QTP 2-1 in pools, he is a well known Diddy main from Northern California. Also in doubles we beat Havokk and Mogx, T1mmy and T0mmy, and Hall and Oats (all well known players from Mexico, Southern California, and Oregon). I've also taken one game off of DSF in tournament but i doubt that counts. Yea Southern California is a contender for THE hardest area in the country, no joke. I'm not complaining tho, makes my Ness more competitive. My highest placements in singles is 7th of 84, 9th of 82, 7th of 49, and 2nd of 12. But you said posting counts for this and I don't post all too often on SWF, but i'm very active on AIB and have written my own detailed guide if that means anything. Thank you and good day lol.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Vicegrip how do you consistently jump-break? I usually spam rotating the analog + spam Y button (jump) and A button (extra input + I might get a quick aerial in if they try to re-grab and fail). I jump break often, but not quite often enough. (I have the X button set to grab and tap jump off if that matters at all; all my other controls are defaults).

Lizard

Smash Ace
Its kinda hard to determine with so much distance between us. Masky and i play together every month or so, (if schedules permit), and it has always been fairly even. Hopefully Neon Ness and I will get some matches as well, as we are both florida natives.

But thats not to say i am better than anyone on the list, as i have never fought any of them before.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
err yah i play ness in real life tourneys I go to these weeklys every once in a while and I went to WGF I dont place very high but uhhh yeah I guess you could throw me on the bottom lol.

And yeah im in socal and i play mexico and socal all the time, as Vice stated theres a lot of good players here.

I got to second pools at WGF (91st out of 256 people).....

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Skyler you n00b, you got 81st of 243. I got 65th and almost made it out of 2nd round pools. Yea, Mexico and San Diego r too good lol, but so is all of Cali pretty much.
To AvariceX: You have it right pretty much. I'd say drop the A button mashing and just concentrate on rolling the analog stick as fast as humanly possible as well as mashing the jump button even faster than that. It's not a sure thing but for me it gets me out of his grab 1/3-1/4 of the time and that's a great ratio. It's more effective than trying to do EIDI imo cause it works so incredibly often.

And when I say fast as humanly possible I mean it, pretend you're playing a wii fit game w/ the gamecube controller. Fast as your fingers can do it.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I actually can EIDI almost perfectly. I don't get why some people can't. Just make sure not to hold the sticks in the exact same spot.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I hate not being able to go to tournaments. I blame you thesage.

BTW, jump breaks are not based on the jump button at all. It just depends on the character. If the character is so much taller than Ness that he will always be held above the ground, it'll be a jump break, so long as he's not getting pummeled when he breaks.

Also, fastest way to grab break is spin control stick, repeatedly tap C stick while letting it go neutral after every tap.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Don't forget l and r buttons with Z if you can.

You can also claw your finger to get Y and possibly A.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
BTW, jump breaks are not based on the jump button at all. It just depends on the character.
This is sort of true. If (and only if) you are held above the ground then it is true that you ground break when and only when you break during a pummel. If you are held on the ground though, and you don't break during a pummel, you jump break only if the last input was a jump input (control stick up counts as a jump input regardless of whether tap jump is on).

It's true that jump inputs don't matter for Marth grabbing Ness though, but not in general.

Unfortunately for somebody who mains Ness, I'm actually pretty mediocre at breaking out of grabs myself. :p

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Geez Vicegrip, had I known those were you're results I'd have put you above me lol. I'll put you as a tie with Ref since those results are pretty good lol. I can't really decide who's the better of you two since ec vs. wc hasn't really happened yet.

@Dajayman: could you or anybody else give me a summary of how the Chicago smash scene is? Could you link me to a finals match or something? How have you placed? Please remember that Timotee and Neomagic have placed first and are not on the top of this list.

New List:

1. Ref/ViceGrip
2. thesage
3. Neomagic
4. Timotee
5. Protein
6. Masky
7. Neon Ness
???. Dajayman

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
ive been telling everyone 91st. Woohooo i did 10 places better than I thought!

I almost mad eit out of second pools too, sorta. But Tyrant and Hall 2-0 everyone in the pool except Hall 2-0 Tyrant.

Funny thing is i almost beat Hall (relly close) but lost hardcore to Tyrant.

EDIT:

Lol at noobs sayin"Wifi should count" Theres always a way to get to an in-person tourney. No Johns, k?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
ive been telling everyone 91st. Woohooo i did 10 places better than I thought!
Wait you go to tournaments? I never knew. That means we have just enough for 10 places. Awesome. I thought you were...

Lol at noobs sayin"Wifi should count" Theres always a way to get to an in-person tourney. No Johns, k?
one of those. NO OFFENSE! Lol j/k.

It seems there are quite a lot more WC ness mains (3) than ec (2) . Midwest has all the other places.

Vice, IDK if I clarified, posting quantity doesn't really matter, it's more of a quallity and you post good stuff. My quality, on the other hand, sucks since I like to spam/ fake troll so much.

I really would like people to say where they feel they should belong on the list. NO HUMBLENESS! I don't want 3 people telling me that they should be at the bottom *cough*.

Edit: I hope this thread encourages people to go to tournaments with Ness as well as incite interesting debate.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Thanks TheSage, I hope this thread promotes more use of Ness as well as the drive for current Ness mains to become better and try their luck at more in-person tournaments. Yea I haven't been posting my results for awhile just cause I haven't gotten top 10 in singles since September ( I usually get around 17th or I miss out getting out of pools. Although I got 2nd of 12 but that doesn't count 4 ankoko) but my doubles have been alright. If you'd like to verify any of those results you can look under my Tournament listings on my profile page on AIB. I don't know which coast is better either, pretty much only DSF goes to east coast every so often. Trolling totally counts as quality posting lol.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
if ref and vice are tied for 1st, then doesn't that make the next position 3rd?

and that no humility rule is really stifling, cause I was gonna say something along those lines.

guess I have to play better now.

D

Deleted member

I shud be at da bottom of the list, cuz I am good wit ness and i plaeigh waifai, and i r cool.

I'm being completely serious, by the way.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Wait nevermind we have 8. I can count numbers.

burntsocks, clearly you are the best Ness ever.

Neon Ness

thesage is right, everyone in this thread is too nice and humble.

I'll act mean to get things started.

burntsocks, you don't even main Ness, get the
out and go back to your Yoshi boards cult.

I've never even heard of this Protein scrub. Tournaments are for Smashers, not vitamins. Go back to your lagfi where you can actually win. thesage, put me and Masky above proteincalciumironscrub.

All dajayman does is spam. I've seen no tournament results or videos of his Ness, thus scratch his sorry
off the list.

...amidoinitrite?

That felt horrible, by the way.

D

Deleted member

Ask vice grip, he will vouch for me.
Mai ness its too good.

Yoshi is garbage, why would i main him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom