• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Power Rankings ~Looking for management~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
Someone asked me to post the last tournament I attended, so here you go. Mained ness all the way through, and all that jazz.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3890

Winners' bracket
-------------------
Defeated Andrew Tyler
Defeated Roseman
Lost to Valdens

Losers' bracket
-------------------
Defeated Zeionut
Defeated Gimpyfish62
Lost to Kamaji

Vinnie

Smash Master
1st / 9

at my friends tournament he hosted at his house

i went all ness except for 1 match where i went diddy cuz i got bored. :)

i lost that diddy match btw v.v

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Someone asked me to post the last tournament I attended, so here you go. Mained ness all the way through, and all that jazz.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3890

Winners' bracket
-------------------
Defeated Andrew Tyler
Defeated Roseman
Lost to Valdens

Losers' bracket
-------------------
Defeated Zeionut
Defeated Gimpyfish62
Lost to Kamaji
Awesome, that means you're active. You'll be going at the top next list.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I think ViceGrip > Cazcom....

Mainly because Vice places higher at larger tourneys....

Cazcom placed highest at smaller tourneys....

Plus vicegrip is cooler and never disappeared for like 6 months.

Caz is cool but vice is cooler... Sorry Caz.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord

vice is too cool.

I met him in real life and hung around him and watched his ness play and learned stuff and we entered crews and we got owned but it was still fun.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481

You're just saying that cuz you wanna be higher than Caz lol.

Honestly, I don't really know how to rank Vice and Caz that well. They both pretty much lose to the same people actually now that I think about (Valdens is good right?)

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably jump on this when I go to tournaments again. Highest I've gotten in tournament was 2nd about 6 months ago in random teams found on the second post of this thread. People of note that I've played against are Dojo, Santi, Bwett, as well as a few others.

Don't include me in the list now (unless you really want to) since I'm not active at the moment. I plan on getting back into the scene in the coming months so I'll be sure to post up the results when I do.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice

It's things like this that tend to make people disappear for months at a time (even though it was 2 months, not 6).

I'm not looking for recognition or rankings; I posted this data b/c someone asked me to, and I agree that this is one way of bettering the ness community. Do with it what you will.

I will continue to report stats from tournaments from time to time, and (if I remember) I'll post them here.

Btw, if anyone is curious, Dog Latin (best ness in oregon), and I teamed together at an oregon/washington tourney 6-7 weeks ago, and took 5th, beating both Chip/Deva, and Timmy/Tommy. Go ness.

p.s. Valden's is pretty good

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
It's things like this that tend to make people disappear for months at a time (even though it was 2 months, not 6).

I'm not looking for recognition or rankings; I posted this data b/c someone asked me to, and I agree that this is one way of bettering the ness community. Do with it what you will.

I will continue to report stats from tournaments from time to time, and (if I remember) I'll post them here.

Btw, if anyone is curious, Dog Latin (best ness in oregon), and I teamed together at an oregon/washington tourney 6-7 weeks ago, and took 5th, beating both Chip/Deva, and Timmy/Tommy. Go ness.

Woah, Caz don't get mad. The whole point of the thread is arguing over who is better than who. Ref thinks Vice is better due to your inactivity. It seems that you're still good though. You live in Washington right? Go play Vice down in Cali sometime lol. That'll solve everything. I'm thinking of putting it as a three way tie.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi

Err... My post was mainly a joke if you had been reading this thread.

I called two players who wanted to be ranked cool and said they should be since they are cool.

Don't worry about it really.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
er, now that someone has mentioned dog latin, I'm pretty sure dog latin is good. he still active?

whatever the case, he's probably better than me (not a difficult feat.)

edit: so I just noticed that sage quoted me (saying I was terrible) earlier and wants me to pass ref so people will make fun of ref.
jeez.
what a cool guy.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Dog latin is dead as a doornail.

Lol eb360 stopped posting once I warned him I was about to use Summon: Atomos... er I mean Mod.

Protein: I meant that I felt sorry for the people who were below you, whom you indirectly called sucky lol.

After watching a bunch of vids Protein uploaded, I may put him above Tim, even though protein is exceedingly campy. I really wish I had more info on Neomagic, Tim, Dajayman, Neon Ness, and Pk Skyler.

Either post up vids or defend your tournament results. I'm too lazy to do them for you.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
you told me to try and pass up ref because I say I blow AND suck.
so indirectly you want me to pass up ref, so you can say he sucks, cause if I'm garbage, everyone below me must be garbage too.

and I am pretty garbage at this game.

and gawd, I improved by a rank by being campy? jeez. that's terrible.
the fact that it works for the most part is also terrible. and depressing.

hopefully I have some backup style in my head (somewhere I don't know about) for people that are good at counter-camping.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
you told me to try and pass up ref because I say I blow AND suck.
so indirectly you want me to pass up ref, so you can say he sucks, cause if I'm garbage, everyone below me must be garbage too.

and I am pretty garbage at this game.

and gawd, I improved by a rank by being campy? jeez. that's terrible.
the fact that it works for the most part is also terrible. and depressing.

hopefully I have some backup style in my head (somewhere I don't know about) for people that are good at counter-camping.
Well no offense, but the people you played suck and I haven't decided on wheter I would move you up a rank. Tim knows how to use moves other than fair.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
I'll get back to you if I find a recorded instance of me using other moves in vanilla brawl.

oh, and I forgot a vid in that thing. I'll go look at it now. added. same place.

also, there are good players in the area (the ones I was talking about earlier), I just don't have them recorded. (other than that one)
I'll try to get vids of them for you.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Dog latin is dead as a doornail.

After watching a bunch of vids Protein uploaded, I may put him above Tim, even though protein is exceedingly campy. I really wish I had more info on Pk Skyler.

Either post up vids or defend your tournament results. I'm too lazy to do them for you.
First off, its all one word and spelled as such: PKSkyler

Well Anyway im semi frequent at tournaments I guess. Ive been to hrmmm... 4 big tourneys and 4 weeklys. Out of all of those i placed only OK at about 4 of them. I only have one video up and its from about 5 monthes ago and my ness was REALLY garbage so id rather not link it. ill go see if theres any other vids up....

You coulda watched me play on the live streaming of WGF though. Vicegrip too.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I hate you all.

Masky shud b on dis lzt.

Videos? Behold!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFqbParI6i8 Look t3h sayj, I took a round off of Florida'z best N3zz. Put meh higher on the list!!11!!

Also, ignore the fact that he won the set. This video is so old, my Ness doesn't even play like that anymore. But I have no way of getting my matches on YouTube without spamming Ref/Chrono's Wii with replays, so.. yeh.

I vote Cazcom for Giygas tier. After all, he invented the Kyazzcombo.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Umm pillar spiking was pillar spiking before gimpy made that video. Then people started calling it cazcombo...

Anyway I don't mind my wii replays being spammed as long as I get new things that aren't PKT2s taking every stock.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Yes TheSage, you could've been watching livestream ALL day during WGF and at SOME POINT me or pkskyler MAY have been on it lol.

Hart skyler, record sum vids
Well i know i was on it a decent amount, and once vs hall where i won =D

alrighty ill ask if they wanna record+upload vidz next cv weekly i go to.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I hate you all.

Masky shud b on dis lzt.
Let me put it this way, if I allowed people who didn't main Ness to be put on this list, Edrees, G-reg, and Masky would be put on. That means bottom three are knocked off. Amirite?

I am the Ness mafioso.

Umm pillar spiking was pillar spiking before gimpy made that video. Then people started calling it cazcombo...
He was the first one to put it to great use though. I forgot who actually thought of it first (it may actually have been Caz or generic nub #42)

Well i know i was on it a decent amount, and once vs hall where i won =D

alrighty ill ask if they wanna record+upload vidz next cv weekly i go to.
That'd be great if you'd record stuff.

Anybody who wants me to upload vids of them I can, it'll be poor quality, but it won't matter since it's better than nothing?

I'd upload vids of myself, but I don't really play other people on my wii at home (I have friends?).

Edit: who actually would watch a livestream of BRAWL videos >_>;

Protein

Smash Apprentice
I'm only able to upload stuff cause of recording hacks and SD cards. that's a super solid way to do stuff.

that way I can go to tournaments and be the recording equipment guy, without having to bring anything bigger than a cellphone.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
That'd be great if you'd record stuff.

Anybody who wants me to upload vids of them I can, it'll be poor quality, but it won't matter since it's better than nothing?

I'd upload vids of myself, but I don't really play other people on my wii at home (I have friends?).

Edit: who actually would watch a livestream of BRAWL videos >_>;

Well ill try to get some videos up.

I have friends too.....it just happens to be i met a lot of people at tournaments and they became my friends! all my really good friends suck at smash/dont play it.

Errr well there was actually a BUNCH of people watching especially finals and it was 2 in the morning even later for some of the other people......also we had EPIC COMMENTARY BY SK92 SKY OATS AND OTHERS!

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Here is a match-set with me in a tournament in December:
http://allisbrawl.com/video/album.aspx?id=5921

Also I'll post another match-set from the tournament I went to on the January 24th soon, a guy had a laptop and recorded alot of matches so he just needs to upload them all.

Also here is a cool SSB64 Ness video of a guy at some point doing a pillar spike (and alot of other neat ****). Note when this was posted, so Caz didn't invent pillar spiking. Still nice how he uses it, not as easy as it looks. Gotta give him credit for being good at it. Anyways, here is the video, Enjoy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZRWbnRP_pA&feature=related

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Caz stole it from that guy lol.

Thanks Dajayman. You should try to move around more/use more aerials to cover yourself. I always try to keep a hitbox on me (when reasonable).

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
Please stop debating what the technique is called. That's pretty pointless. When I made the walkthrough for it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Wcyi-Bjow), I called it pillar spiking.

After I caught some of washington's top players with it, gimpy made a video for me, calling it the Cazcombo.

I don't care what anyone calls it. All that matters is that it is out there, helping the ness community get better.

On a lighter note, Cazcombo kinda just sounds sexy though, to my completely unbiased ears. haha.

Dog Latin is active, he just doesn't participate in the ness community. He is active, and he is pretty good.

I'll go to a cali tourney eventually. I'm going to a tourney this weekend, next weekend, and then FlatZone in Canada sometime in March. I'll find a cali tourney sometime after that.

Also, I hope no one takes offense to anything I say. well it may come off cold, it's all in attempt to better the ness community.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Please stop debating what the technique is called. That's pretty pointless. When I made the walkthrough for it (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Wcyi-Bjow), I called it pillar spiking.

After I caught some of washington's top players with it, gimpy made a video for me, calling it the Cazcombo.

I don't care what anyone calls it. All that matters is that it is out there, helping the ness community get better.

On a lighter note, Cazcombo kinda just sounds sexy though, to my completely unbiased ears. haha.

Dog Latin is active, he just doesn't participate in the ness community. He is active, and he is pretty good.

I'll go to a cali tourney eventually. I'm going to a tourney this weekend, next weekend, and then FlatZone in Canada sometime in March. I'll find a cali tourney sometime after that.

Also, I hope no one takes offense to anything I say. well it may come off cold, it's all in attempt to better the ness community.
Cold *****.

Is dog latin still as good as he used to be? Which one of you tends to place higher?

Btw, being frank is what this thread is about.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
dog latin is still as good as he used to be. I haven't been keeping an eye on his placements, but we were a very potent force in the doubles tourney, only losing to the people who took 1st and 2nd.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Hehe.... Looks like Zage will have to start going to tournaments if he wants to place.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Thanks Dajayman. You should try to move around more/use more aerials to cover yourself. I always try to keep a hitbox on me (when reasonable).
I'll take note of that.

I'll maybe be going to a tournament on February 7th and definately be going to a big tournament at the end of February. So I'll practice my Ness some more.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
dog latin is still as good as he used to be. I haven't been keeping an eye on his placements, but we were a very potent force in the doubles tourney, only losing to the people who took 1st and 2nd.
Sweet Ness rep.

Who do you think is better of you two?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I know nothing about the Canadian scene...

I may make regional prs instead, since there haven't been any major national/international tournaments.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
If I can beat Ally can I get an honorary spot on the list even though I'm Canadian? He's the best Snake according to M2K XD.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Beating ally would be very nice.

I've decided on making it regional. How I had to make a tie for first should of convinced me. Anyways, I'll post up the list Sunday like I said before. The regions will be:

(b)E(a)st Coast
West (lame) Coast
Midwest (midwest is bad at everything, they don't even have jobs)
South
International (Canada will be separated if there are enough players)

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Canada's Nesses as far as I know are:

Me
Loo (retired I think)
TheDUD

And I don't really know any others, but I only really know Ontario; I just knew about Loo because I talk to him on AiB and he plays Castlevania: Judgment.

I've taken Ally to his last stock before because of a dair gimp (then again I also SD'ed my second stock) but that's as close as I've come. I'm going to FFYF2 in March and if all goes as planned Ally is going to be housing me so I'll have plenty of opportunity to play him and improve XD.

Asa

Smash Hero
That's my goal, to beat Ally. I believe he is going to the SFU tourney in BC in April. I'm a ness too btw Avarice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom