• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Power Rankings ~Looking for management~

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Yoshi is the equivalent of turd.

He's still better than Ike.

Bowser and Pit are horrendously overrated.

Protein posts on AiB. I don't really know who I can consider better. Both of you post your tourney results now so I will then arbitrarily determine who's better.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
thesage is right, everyone in this thread is too nice and humble.

I'll act mean to get things started.

burntsocks, you don't even main Ness, get the
out and go back to your Yoshi boards cult.

I've never even heard of this Protein scrub. Tournaments are for Smashers, not vitamins. Go back to your lagfi where you can actually win. thesage, put me and Masky above proteincalciumironscrub.

All dajayman does is spam. I've seen no tournament results or videos of his Ness, thus scratch his sorry
off the list.

...amidoinitrite?

That felt horrible, by the way.
on one hand, since I know you're acting, that was funny.

on the other hand, Protein isn't a vitamin, although it is a nutrient.
and I've always heard the nutrients divided into proteins, carbohydrates, fats, water, vitamins, and minerals.

and I haven't head of you either.

and why would ness players ever try to argue that wifi is a good thing? I mean, they play ness. that never works out right.
the first, and last, time I ever got on wifi, my PKT made a capital letter A during recovery attempt.
no more of that thank you.

now I'd be repulsed if you were serious. sad thing is, some people are serious when they make posts like this here, so I hide on AiB. and even then, I stick to the ness metagame group.

anyways, I have to go back and look for my results if you want them. I have a few placings on ankoku's list if you care to ctrl+f for them.

oh, and my melee ness isn't bad either, but I'm no simna.

by the way, my ness for #1 brawl+ ness.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
on one hand, since I know you're acting, that was funny.

on the other hand, Protein isn't a vitamin, although it is a nutrient.
and I've always heard the nutrients divided into proteins, carbohydrates, fats, water, vitamins, and minerals.

and I haven't head of you either.

and why would ness players ever try to argue that wifi is a good thing? I mean, they play ness. that never works out right.
the first, and last, time I ever got on wifi, my PKT made a capital letter A during recovery attempt.
no more of that thank you.

now I'd be repulsed if you were serious. sad thing is, some people are serious when they make posts like this here, so I hide on AiB. and even then, I stick to the ness metagame group.

anyways, I have to go back and look for my results if you want them. I have a few placings on ankoku's list if you care to ctrl+f for them.

by the way, my ness for #1 brawl+ ness.
Umm... when was the last time you attended a brawl tournament?

Protein

Smash Apprentice
every week. not all of them are put up, cause the turnout fluctuates around the threshold for qualifying for ankoku's list.
(cept no tournament in my area for 3 weeks, which is HRRRNG)
uh, I've beaten/taken games off of people that placed up to 17th in the MWCC, so if that helps you at all.

generally though,
semi-consistent 7th of 30.
consistently higher (4th/3rd ish) when below the upload threshold.

which means I should probably do brawl more seriously.

and here I was gonna be more modest and stuff and talk like the good players in michigan talk about themselves. ("oh I'm terrible, you're just horribly terribad")

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
every week. not all of them are put up, cause the turnout fluctuates around the threshold for qualifying for ankoku's list.
(cept no tournament in my area for 3 weeks, which is HRRRNG)
uh, I've beaten/taken games off of people that placed up to 17th in the MWCC, so if that helps you at all.

generally though,
semi-consistent 7th of 30.
consistently higher (4th/3rd ish) when below the upload threshold.

which means I should probably do brawl more seriously.

and here I was gonna be more modest and stuff and talk like the good players in michigan talk about themselves. ("oh I'm terrible, you're just horribly terribad")
So let me get this straight, you place 7th against people who place 17th?

Neomagic and Timotee live in the Midwest like you do, but they place high. You don't. So you're below them. Which makes sense.

Pk Skyler lives in a tougher region than you do, and even though he may place worse, he still faces tougher competion.

If you guys could give me a list of notable players you have beaten (and what they are notable for) as well as how you have placed in tournaments, that'd be great.

Pk skyler looks like he may be bumped up a few notches.

Dajayman I need some more clarification from you >_<

Neon Ness and Masky, could you do what I asked pk skyler and Protein to do?

New list

1/2. Ref/ViceGrip
3. thesage
4. Neomagic
5. Timotee
6/7. Protein
6/7. Pk Skyler
8/9/10. Neon Ness ?
8/9/10. Masky ?
8/9/10. Dajayman ?

For a reference, the order of regions by how good they are IMO is:

1. Ec
2. Wc
3. South
4. Canada

However I'm not sure if Ec is actually better than Wc so for this thread I'm considering them equal areas (hence why Ref and Vice are tied).

For those of you who don't know, Dajayman is a really smart player at smash 64. I wouldn't be surprised if he made top 5 for this list.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
I never said I was good. I was fully prepared to come in here and say "hay give me number 10 spot, even though there are only like 8 players" or something.
but you said don't do that.

but yeah, 7th in my local area.
my local area doesn't have to fight anther.

basically, I'd say PK skyler above me, and...my placement won't really have changed at all.

what exactly did you call me in here to do again?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
what exactly did you call me in here to do again?
Be awesome.

Mission complete.

thesage, I can't say I've beaten a "notable player". Umm... Yeah, like the link I gave before says who I beat. The other tournaments I've been to don't have posted results. I'm not expecting to move up, really, I just thought it'd be fun to be on the list for a little while. Masky probably does have a few notable people he's beaten, though... Yeah, more than likely I'm 10th; not trying to be all modest and whatnot, just trying to be reasonable as compared to the other Nesses here.

EDIT: Hoorah for East Coast being considered the best! :laugh:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
No oats. We don't serve your kind here.

Neon where do you live? I thought you were mw.... Just say the state.

New List

1/2. Ref/ViceGrip
3. thesage
4. Neomagic
5. Timotee
6/7. Protein
6/7. Pk Skyler
8. Masky (what notable people has he beat?)
9/10. Neon Ness ?
9/10. Dajayman ?

Protein what makes you think pk skyler should be above you?

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Hm?

I live in Florida. I go to the same university as Masky.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
No oats. We don't serve your kind here.

Neon where do you live? I thought you were mw.... Just say the state.
We serve all kinds.

Sage is just upset because coolNESS does qualify but he doesn't want it to.

Anyway I'm glad to be tied with vicegrip, so cool.

But Lucas iz lyke Ness but blonde. Arnt we tyed in pwr ranks? SWF knoes we same, and you do too. Ness=RYu, Lucas=Ken.
Lies! Just cool is cool so cool qualifies cool people.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
by the way, the people I've taken games off of are Hilt (olimar) and Rowan (peach)
er, if you want me to do the name game thing, then fino acknowledges hilt (and he beat overswarm who placed second in Midwest circuit, hilt placed 17)
and Praxis acknowledges Rowan (other people acknowledge rowan too, too lazy to go look)

that probably doesn't change anything, but since you asked.

and now that I'm on one of these lists, I have incentive to improve and stuff.

edit: nevermind, I can't actually remember my games with rowan. I'll just ignore those until I can repeat the feat.

J4pu

Smash Champion
just to clarify, DSF was "learning" Pit during the beginning matches of this one tourney, and Vicegrip won the 2nd match against his Pit which forced DSF to play for real and go MK.

unless he's talking about a different time I don't know about.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Hm?

I live in Florida. I go to the same university as Masky.
Thanks. That's pretty awesome you guys go to the same university. The only other Ness main around here is b!tched around by his parents.

by the way, the people I've taken games off of are Hilt (olimar) and Rowan (peach)
er, if you want me to do the name game thing, then fino acknowledges hilt (and he beat overswarm who placed second in Midwest circuit, hilt placed 17)
and Praxis acknowledges Rowan (other people acknowledge rowan too, too lazy to go look)
That is actually pretty big lol. Was this tournament or friendlies

that probably doesn't change anything, but since you asked.
It does, it totally does lol.

and now that I'm on one of these lists, I have incentive to improve and stuff.
That's one of the reasons why I made this thread.

edit: nevermind, I can't actually remember my games with rowan. I'll just ignore those until I can repeat the feat.
Post it up later then lol.

just to clarify, DSF was "learning" Pit during the beginning matches of this one tourney, and Vicegrip won the 2nd match against his Pit which forced DSF to play for real and go MK.

unless he's talking about a different time I don't know about.
Thanks 4 da info *looks shiftily at Vice*

New List:

1/2. Ref/ViceGrip
3. thesage
4. Neomagic
5. Timotee
6. Protein
7. Pk Skyler
8. Masky
9. Neon Ness
10. Dajayman

I'm not updating it anymore until next Monday. Everybody has all that time to make their arguments until Sunday evening when I'll start considering the next list. Post up your stuff.

Protein

Smash Apprentice
wat.

I was happily resigned to my seventh place thank you, and now I has to argue more? bah.

it was serious matches. infact, it was once out of tournament and once in tournament for hilt.
(all matches I do out of tournament are serious unless I'm helping someone with matchups.)
hilt usually places second here.
(for reference Rowan placed 13th)

I've also taken games off of Paladin, he's our local metaknight. he usually places high here, but didn't do quite so well at MWC.

tell you what, when I repeat any of the matchups (gah, olimar matchup is sooo annoying) I'll let you know. along with any other important wins.

I totally win all of these matchups by two stocks in melee though.
and full stock in brawl+.
(that even less makes a difference)

edit: by the way, I commonly say I suck something terrible, so everyone below me...sorry.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
edit: by the way, I commonly say I suck something terrible, so everyone below me...sorry.
LOL! HAHA!

Boy I'm glad I'm not below Ref! Don't you just want to pass in the list so that way you can make fun of him?

/lameblatentinspirationforhype

Everybody here is too nice lol.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
We need more of that in this thread anyways. Too many nice Nesses here.

*continues to post just for the sake of pissing off thesage*

Sorry, Im just bored as hell, and I get a little loopy near 1:00

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm going to come up there and **** you just like your parents feared (did they really ban you from swf after my pm?)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
>_>

Ok, where did you hear that and when? I have a vague memory of it, but no lol. You're very gullible.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Oh Snapz, J4pu came in and blew my cover! Better hide b4 I'm Capped by the Ness mob. Hey hey, i didn't speak any mistruths, i DID beat DSF in tournament, do I have to specify who he's playing lol, It's DSF and his pit beats plenty of people I know most of the time...because he's freaking DSF lol. And yea, Burntsocks is such a good Ness main his Yoshi pales in comparison. Why do I say this? it's cause Ness is SUCH a better character than Yoshi that when he decides to step up a few tier placement and be 4 realz he owns it up w/ Ness. Burntsocks for SS-ex tier when he plays Ness.

edit: this was kind of a joke :/ but yea, burntsocks pwns

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
burntsocks has to main Ness. sorry.

Vicegrip, it's a huge difference if you beat DSF's Pit vs. his Mk or Snake lol. Pit sucks.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Pit is too good! haha, anyhow I'm fine w/ being Tied w/ Ref for the number 1 spot because I'm not familiar enough w/ his tournament record to really assert that I have the stronger track record. Plus the different Coast thing and not knowing whether West or East is more skilled.

edit: also I wasn't throwing in the DSF thing to bring me up any higher, (cause I didn't beat him in a set so who gives a darn) it was just to mention it cause I thought it was impressive heh.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
edit: also I wasn't throwing in the DSF thing to bring me up any higher, (cause I didn't beat him in a set so who gives a darn) it was just to mention it cause I thought it was impressive heh.
Contradictions? lol

Things will look very different next week. I can tell you that.

Masky

Smash Master
lol, I just saw this topic but the most recent notable person I beat was Seibrik's Dedede with Ness in a friendly in December :laugh: we only did one match. (oh yeah, and I beat Reflex's PT (seriously, this guy's Pokemon Trainer is no joke, he uses it just as much as his Wario in tournaments) and almost beat his Wario in a MM set 2/3, I would have probably have had a better chance of winning if I just ledgecamped for the rest of the match (we were on Pirate Ship) since I was a stock ahead at some point but my conscious took over :( ). I don't even play Ness anymore but I'm still probably one of the best Ness players and definite best Ness in FL. From the few vids of Ref I've seen I we're probably about the same. I don't really need to be on this list though since I don't play Ness anymore though :laugh:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
lol, I just saw this topic but the most recent notable person I beat was Seibrik's Dedede with Ness in a friendly in December :laugh: we only did one match. (oh yeah, and I beat Reflex's PT (seriously, this guy's Pokemon Trainer is no joke, he uses it just as much as his Wario in tournaments) and almost beat his Wario in a MM set 2/3, I would have probably have had a better chance of winning if I just ledgecamped for the rest of the match (we were on Pirate Ship) since I was a stock ahead at some point but my conscious took over :( ). I don't even play Ness anymore but I'm still probably one of the best Ness players and definite best Ness in FL. From the few vids of Ref I've seen I we're probably about the same. I don't really need to be on this list though since I don't play Ness anymore though :laugh:
WTF, you are banned from the list.

Wow.
Now we have 9. Great. 9 total Ness tournament goers.

Masky

Smash Master
I'm still one of the best Ness players though :(

edit: okay fine I guess I would use Ness for ONE single matchup (Olimar)

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm still one of the best Ness players though :(

edit: okay fine I guess I would use Ness for ONE single matchup (Olimar)
Edrees is one of the best too, he isn't listed as he doesn't main him.

Srsly, it's a shame you moved to pika. Oh well.

Masky

Smash Master
Ness is a really fun and interesting character but I have my reasons

PS: I can still come to the Ness forums though, right? :(

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Ness is a really fun and interesting character but I have my reasons

PS: I can still come to the Ness forums though, right? :(
no

10bannedforevers

lol j/k

but yea, I specifically said only Ness mains for this list. Sorry.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Bowser and Pit are horrendously overrated.
Pit? Yes.

Bowser? No.

I was under the impression that most people believe that Bowser is a fat sack of crap in Brawl. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom