• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

0Room

Smash Lord
I agree with Mahone's post to a point

Like earlier where I was talking about why I really enjoy Drephen, because he does the same thing.
He just kind of boils down all of the tech skill stuff into only a mindgames/spacing experience in a match.

Or he did, and still does in my imagination.
I also agree with puff/Marth being draining

I feel like a lot of Marth's high tier match ups are really draining [Puff, Peach, Sheik in particular]

vZakat

Half Genie
If you like thinking, shouldn't you play a low tier so that you have to constantly be thinking about your characters huge faults and creative was to not let those faults be taken advantage of and capitalizing on the small amount you can do?

That's not why I play Roy btw. >_>

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I still find Zelda to be the most fun character for some reason. maybe due to the fact that I like kicking, and wavelanding, and jabbing, and dsmashing, and nairing and dairing.

:phone:

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I have to admit I enjoy playing puff sometimes. However, I'm not as good at puff, and I also find Ganon even more fun. If Ganon didn't exist, I'd probably be playing puff. Also, I really like watching someone fly away after I've successfully landed a rest on them.

idk who the **** you are, but your avatar is heavy mega
I haven't been here very long, and I haven't played in a tournament yet, so I don't expect anyone to know me. Anyway, thanks.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If you like thinking, shouldn't you play a low tier so that you have to constantly be thinking about your characters huge faults and creative was to not let those faults be taken advantage of and capitalizing on the small amount you can do?

Well yes, but characters that can't all hard combo and have to work hard to get in still require lots of thought. There are more character specific things like Marth not killing early then having to juggle or get read after read to set up an edgeguard that also take several reads to be effective but that just varies based on matchup imo.

Low tiers are awesome for thought though, I'll give them that. You can't beat anyone with Mario if you don't know how to super read.

Mahone

Smash Champion

Ya i've definitely thought about that some, but i find jiggs really interesting because even though she is good, she has a lot of weaknessess and her metagame isn't really developed at all, plus i have a lot of time invested with her so i never really felt like starting over with another character

Also, jiggs can be frustrating, but nothing compared to how i feel when i play some of the low tiers lol

why do you play roy?

vZakat

Half Genie
why do you play roy?
I wrote a post about that for my 1500 post. I don't feel like finding the post but I did save it as a word document....*copypaste*

vZakat 5 months ago said:
Why I love Roy? Sure I can answer that.

The first reason I love Roy is because how comfortable I feel using him. I've mained Roy for about as long as I've been playing SSBM (about 8 years). I learned all the advanced tactics with him. Moving around and spacing with him is second nature. I'm to the point with him where I don't have to think at all about movement or spacing and can focus on whatever else I need to like my opponent's habits or filtering out environment interference.

Secondly, Roy can intimidate people. Just like marth (though not as much), Roy has a big sword and that disjointed hitbox can be scary. Having a play style that relies on intimidation has always been my style, you should see my Nero. In fact that's partly why I choose the name Zakat for myself (but that's a different story).

Thirdly, I just want to play the game how I want. I know that playing someone other than Roy would be beneficial for winning but that's not my main concern. I want to see how far I can get playing the way I like, meaning with Roy. I've always been an advocate for playing who feels best not who is best. I don't feel like going into the philosophy of that but I'll just say that I'll always be better with Roy than any other character.

Fourthly, I like the character design of Roy. I like how he looks and sounds (no homo). I usually make emotional connections with characters I play and that helps me play better overall....I think. Having a character that I like makes me want to practice more and see that character succeed more, for me at least. I can't think of any way to expand on that idea without sounding crazy so I'll just end it here. Maybe I am crazy. >_>

That's sorta a quick brief overview of why I love Roy. I'm sure I could expound on all these reasons and come up with more. But I don't feel like it.

tl;dr version – Roy's awesome. :cool:

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
i'm pretty sure ur just full of **** mahone

you probably started with fox and got your **** ****ed so you switched to jiggz cuz she's as eazy as your mom's smeezy. think? all you do is forward-b. idk how u can call josh bad when you don't think AT ALL. you just play puff LOL.

my puff >>>>>>>>> your puff, no matter what

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think for me, it's a number of factors that go into the characters I play. Part of it has to do with what David said about forming an emotional connection to the characters I play. I'm one of those weirdos that gravitates towards female characters, for one thing. Outside of that, I like characters whose focus putting their opponent in a position with very few positional options. In 2d fighters, this means I like characters that put their opponent in the corner and try to keep them there. The rough equivalent in Smash is characters that do the majority of their damage from edgeguarding matrices.

As far as Samus goes, it's a long-standing, but tumultuous relationship that I have with the character. In Smash 64, it was because I would get far just running away and getting the charge shot in ffas. But the character herself intrigued me, which is what led me to play the Metroid Prime games. This is what got me really deeply connected with Samus, and it's part of what's kept me playing Samus in some form or another in every Smash game. I say tumultuous because Other M has made me question why I like Samus as a character at all. I continue to play Melee Samus because she has the Super Metroid qualities about her that are not present in Other M, and because she's the only character whose playstyle I really resonate with. But I don't really know who I'd play in the next Smash game if Samus doesn't work similarly.

For reference, these are the characters I play:

Guilty Gear: Jam Kuradoberi
BlazBlue: Makoto Nanaya
MvC3: Amaterasu/Morrigan/Phoenix
Smash 64: Samus
Melee: Samus
Brawl: Zero Suit Samus

0Room

Smash Lord
Yeah in Blazblue I played Ragna
Another rushdown -> force option character

Also

Because I don't feel like I should limit myself simply for the fact of limiting myself
And for the same reasons you posted about liking Roy
I resonate with CF on a more substantial level

I have to admit I enjoy playing puff sometimes. However, I'm not as good at puff, and I also find Ganon even more fun. If Ganon didn't exist, I'd probably be playing puff. Also, I really like watching someone fly away after I've successfully landed a rest on them.

I haven't been here very long, and I haven't played in a tournament yet, so I don't expect anyone to know me. Anyway, thanks.
You wouldn't happen to be going to TGM4 would you?

Mahone

Smash Champion
I wrote a post about that for my 1500 post. I don't feel like finding the post but I did save it as a word document....*copypaste*
Speaking of roy... chu is picking him up as his main secondary... i just played his roy a ****load and it's actually decent, i know that for winner's finals last weekend he played chillin's mario with roy, and he beat tope in a $5 mm with roy vs ganon, so hopefully you get some more roy vids to study

i'm pretty sure ur just full of **** mahone

you probably started with fox and got your **** ****ed so you switched to jiggz cuz she's as eazy as your mom's smeezy. think? all you do is forward-b. idk how u can call josh bad when you don't think AT ALL. you just play puff LOL.

my puff >>>>>>>>> your puff, no matter what
i beat your puff with game and watch in a mm...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
What else do you love?

Also, did you notice that Mango dressed up as a doctor for halloween? Do you think that was on purpose for you? lol.
I love hangin out with my favorite canadian

kirbykaze

;)

also probably not LOL @ Mango thing. I have seen it though and it's hilarious. XD

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
isla fisher anyone?
Fell in love with her after Definitely, Maybe

[COLLAPSE="1"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="1"]
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="1"]
[/COLLAPSE]

0Room

Smash Lord
Yeah in the comics
Peter was in a relationship with Gwen before MJ

Something happened [no spoilers if you've SOMEHOW avoided that over the years]
And then he got involved with MJ

I dunno I'm just frustrated by the 19204712037498243 origin stories
It's like guys
You've had over 60 years of comics

And you only repeat the first 20 issues over and over again? Come on now.
Let's get a continuity going on here.

Top Bottom