• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

0Room

Smash Lord
Are you going to do all of them eventually or just that one?
Not to be rude or anything I'm just curious
I understand if you don't have time or anything

Just trying to make sure we nail down all of my problems so that I can fix them, you know?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Out of curiosity, has anyone considered asking the people at http://ruagamer.net/ if we could have a tournament there?

I'd think having a tournament there would attract more people, which could be considered a good or a bad thing. Also, they already have TVs set up.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If those aren't HD TVs(aka they don't lag) then yeah that sounds tight haha.

Well either way it seems like a good venue if it's not expensive haha.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I don't know if this is run by the same person, but I had a good experience the one time I was there (I went with a group of friends from school. The only problem we came across was the only game they had more than 2 copies of was Call Of Duty, which none of us wanted to play).

Do all HDTVs cause lag with Melee? My dad has a 1080p TV, and I can play Melee lag-free on it. On the other hand, I have to play with a PAL signal, so the game comes out all black/white and fuzzy. It's a lot better to have that than lag, though.

Next time I'm there (the group of us will probably go again sometime) I can take in my cube and try it out to see how much lag there is.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The Gamecube is a solely analogue device, so when it's run through a digital television like an LCD, the Analogue-to-Digital conversion process takes long enough to cause noticeable lag. Even Wiis use the same output methods to display Gamecube games, so you'll always run into lag when playing Gamecube games on non-CRT TVs.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It still lags when playing GC games. You still have to convert analogue signal to digital. That process cannot be accelerated.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Well, I can tell you that my 1080p TV didn't lag using a composite cable. Maybe it was because it was a PAL game with a PAL cube.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I just tested it again, and didn't see any lag.

So either I'm worse at this game than I thought, or the lag is so small it isn't noticeable. I really hope it's the latter.

0Room

Smash Lord
Well you wouldn't know unless you played on a CRT TV and then a LCD immediately afterwards
Because you're most likely used to the lag at this point

Edit;
Also
Do you mind talking to me about CF/Fox?
Like what should I be doing

A lot of people talk about not doing anything and just waiting for Fox to mess up but I don't know that I really feel comfortable with that
I don't think my gameplan should be "count on the other person to make mistakes"

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I don't own a CRT TV, so you're right that I'm probably used to the lag. I either play on that 1080p TV, my smaller LCD TV, or I emulate the game on my laptop. Usually I play on the emulator, since it gives me the best picture (the 1080p is Black/White and Fuzzy, while the smaller TV has colors more like those on a projector), and I can usually only emulate at 95-100% speed, so it makes sense there'd be lag.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If you don't want to, then you don't have to.

Darkrain didn't sit around. He fought everyone and it was hype as all LOL. I'm not saying you have to play like him, but knowing that offense is possible is a reason to plan for it.

Falcon is far from helpless. dude is too fast haha.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i have some friends here at UNCG who play lag melee.

it's okay for friendlies, and isn't toooo horrible.

but if it ain't a crtv, it ain't melee tourney material.

keep looking for answers vs fox 0room. if you find the answers, you may be able to cut your losses in our mm's. hehehehehe

:ganondorf:
:fox:

BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO GET PAST NAIR FIRST BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA

eff physics. it's making me crazy...goodnight...

0Room

Smash Lord
I know Darkrain didn't sit around
Darkrain is my hero next to Drephen
But for entirely different reasons

I guess I should just turn to him for answers
Because inspirational talk is cool and all but when a Fox is nairing me it doesn't help

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Out of curiosity, has anyone considered asking the people at http://ruagamer.net/ if we could have a tournament there?

I'd think having a tournament there would attract more people, which could be considered a good or a bad thing. Also, they already have TVs set up.
Adam(killer)'s friend works there and we've brought it up a few times, but they take a rather sizeable cut out of the pot.

It's really not at all worth it, especially since the main reason that place is great for LANs is their internet, which smash doesn't need.

0Room

Smash Lord
Yeah I actually really love Drephen
His ability to boil a character down to very specific set of moves is really impressive to me

I always try to go 'what is really good about this character/place/move/situation?'
So the fact that he could do that and make it work was really cool to me

0Room

Smash Lord
Josh I totally read that in your voice
Hype machine even in text form

Also, yes Kage
I like to find something that works for all situations

So for Drephen to go
"Oh I just press c stick down and win games" is pretty amazing
Because it's not just the versatility of the move
It's the intelligence needed to decided where/when to use the move at what spacing
It's basically taking out the physical part and moving just into the mindgames

Which I really like because my tech skill is balls

Divinokage

Smash Legend
True that but it's not always necessarily optimal of course.. however everyone has their own style so, you can't really judge someone for doing things which appears dumb but it works well. That's why this game is awesome. =P

0Room

Smash Lord
Yeah I do have a tendency to oversimplify things
But that's okay because life goes on and things keep going regardless of what I do

I wanna play people again soon

Top Bottom