• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Man. I registered in '05 and before last fall I had like 20 posts. I thought that was the best. Good stuff, bassdeluxe.

I'll be in Greensboro on Thursday. If you want to play, we can get you at least back to where you were before.

Also, Chris/Gboro, want to play on Thursday?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Or you could, cause then it would be SUPER HYPE

Oh thanks, oh **** were you the doc in teams, you were really good. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you were keeping up fine, your teammate was just getting ****ed up and hitting you a lot or something if i remember correctly.

But ya, i remember you downthrew faired me at high percents and i had a vietnam flashback to playing boss last summer. Most docs can't downthrow fair at high percents against any character which is weird cuz its doc's best kill move.
Guhhhhhhh :( i sucks.

Told you i was holding you back Moo.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
way more uphill battle? as in hes already come so far and would have to start from scratch? or are u saying that all those other characters are harder to learn than ganon?

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
way more uphill battle? as in hes already come so far and would have to start from scratch? or are u saying that all those other characters are harder to learn than ganon?
more like

everyone knows the fox matchup, he catches people off guard with ganon sometimes i think, he would really get people off guard if jim hadnt been round ****** b4 him.

also, yes his ganon is refined whereas his other characters would need more work.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*shrug* I think I'm smart enough to actually do well in this game, but against falco, fox, and sheik, ganon can only do so much, and it just seems like he has no options. I plan to seriously analyze other ganons today and tomorrow to see how they get out of shield, get out of combo's at what percents, space their aerials on shields, and many many other things.

if my findings say that ganon is a significantly limiting factor to the growth of a player, I will probably either switch to sheik, fox, or falco. Not as a secondary, but as my new main.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
*sigh*
Chris, if you switch mains, I'm picking up falcon as a secondary and switching DK to my number 1 spot.
Also. . . .
Chaingrabbing with peach looks like a dance to me. I'm gonna bust it out at the club and call it the Princess shuffle, anybody got better ideas?

edit:
the dance goes:
uthrow > dsmash > uthrow > dash attack > uthrow > dash attack > uthrow > uthrow, etc. Try it at home, kids.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
so...if I switch mains you're quitting competitive smash. :( oh tj, you don't have to do that.

I will always play ganon against/with you if that'll keep you as a peach main. One day, I do plan on making team unicorns a legitimate threat to the rest of NC.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
I think it was just that Chris feels those characters can't hold him back as a smasher, that's all. I'm never leaving doc again...except in teams :3

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
tj, theres a reason that if we team, we'll be ganon peach and not ganon/doc.

i'm leaning toward sheik if i switch. i haven't started my video analyzing yet; i'm about to start now. i don't think sheik will be easy at all, at least not with the training partner i have (fckin tristate...) but i do think that she has potential and viability and options at a higher level of play. something that ganon has, but you have to think SO much further ahead just to get even, and as arrogant as i might appear sometimes, thinking 3-4 steps ahead of some of you guys just to make an even matchup just...isn't gonna happen.

*watches vids for options*

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Switching to a better character may give you more options/allow you to do better in time, but there's a reason people pick their mains. Whether for fun/intuition or otherwise, it tends to be more satisfying to get better with a character not readily built to win/place in tournaments.

Axe.

I just don't think you'd enjoy the game as much if you didn't main Ganon. The game becomes more about player vs player and less about character vs character at higher levels of play anyway. It's just frustrating getting to that point I'd imagine.

TJ Infinat

Smash Ace
raeford or chapel hill depends on the time of year
I feel like you have to play different characters to learn things. I didnt start doing rising dairs and failling uairs until I tried falcon for a while, and my wave landing was learned purely from playing doc and mario. I learned DJC from yoshi and wavedashing onto stage from fox. Bairs come from DK.

I'm not saying I never would have learned to use these things if I had not played those characters, its just that you kinda have to get out of your character for a while, for new material.

Why, chris? Because they're both finishers?
Have you seen my peach in teams? **** is. . .****. I'm working on it though.
AND HOW THE **** DO YOU PEACH PILLAR?!?!?!?

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Peach Pillar as in...

Peach Sheild pressure?

FC Nairs and Jabs all day. Just mix up the timing/moves like FCnair -> Single jab -> FCnair -> double slap -> FCNair-> FC nair -> etc.

The point isn't to break sheilds but to bait a reaction out of sheild.

Top Bottom