• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
QDVS barely ever plays and HBK is inconsistent sadly.

Adam doesn't play enough but his Marth is legit.

Mango's Marth is too aggressive lol.

Mine is aight but I get too sloppy.
I more or less agree with all of this. I was just trying think of good Marth mains in general.

Mahone (what is your real name again?) is also correct that IB is probably the best non-M2K Marth main and that Falcomist is very inconsistent (when's the last time he placed high other than that one tourney vs Shiz?)

Tai is pretty good as well from what I've seen, I think?

Mahone

Smash Champion
I more or less agree with all of this. I was just trying think of good Marth mains in general.

Mahone (what is your real name again?) is also correct that IB is probably the best non-M2K Marth main and that Falcomist is very inconsistent (when's the last time he placed high other than that one tourney vs Shiz?)

Tai is pretty good as well from what I've seen, I think?
You can call me Kumar, cuz thats my middle name, and what a lot of smashers call me.

And ya, obv. M2k is still the best, i didn't mean marth main, more like only plays marth, cuz if u don't say that, then mango, amsah, and like other pros' secondary marths wouild be on the list, just because they are good at spacing and tech skill.

j00t

Smash Champion
Sup guys, just wanted to remind you that FAP2 (link) will be taking place on December 11-12 at Huntsville, Alabama. It is Melee only, sorry Brawl folks!

This tournament is supposed to be similar to the Tipped Off series, so if you like that series then you'll like FAP as well.

j00t

Smash Champion
FAP = Fight AL Players

If the name is too silly for you to consider coming, then I'd be willing to change it. I don't want the tournament name to prevent people from coming >_>;

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
no i meant, what you mean by "this tournament is supposed to be similar to the Tipped Off series"???

in that.... it's melee only lololol?? u have the same venue?? lol i just dunno what the purpose of that plug was.

j00t

Smash Champion
Oh, well it is Melee only, similar payouts (60/30/10), similar time schedule (it is two days)

It isn't the same venue

I've been to TO4 and TO5, and also plan on going to TO6. These tournaments have been my best experiences, and I want my tournaments to be similar to Tipped Off.

The purpose of not only the "plug" but the entire post was to get people to come to my tournament :p

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah i know, i just thought it was a funny thing to say.

i was gonna ago to TO6, but now i dont think i can make it ;((((((
amberrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

w/e, ROM here i come.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Jiggs can be punished for missing rests by every character but at lower percents the only characters that actually get a decently guaranteed punish equivalent even close to being rested are Fox (Lasers ->Drill -> Shine -> Grab - Uthrow -> Uair is max Fox can do without platforms/a wall), Ganon (Utilt), Doc/Mario (Cape all day -> Fsmash), Falcon (Falcon Punch but still won't kill until like 30% with good DI/a bigger stage), Marth's (Charge B/Tipper), Luigi (UpB), Samus (Charge shot).

Even most of those won't definitely get a kill with good DI still.

EDIT: K, finishing this up and then responding to Matt.

But against Falco, Peach, IC's, Pikachu and pretty much every other character, you can't get more than damage and maybe getting her offstage (not that this matters since she has the best, easiest and safest recovery in the game).

Matt: I decided to talk about resting because missing a rest is basically the biggest mistake she can make. You're right when you say that very rarely can you even get anything substantial off a shield grab if they DI decently. Even Fox's Uthrow -> Uair has ceased to work on high level Jiggs (Mango/Hbox almost always get the Smash DI). Ganon gets pretty serious hits out of grabs (Dthrow -> Usmash works sometimes, or Dthrow -> Bair) but the reality of it is; Jiggs can do a lot of risky things which are super high reward with relativity low risk, while she punishes tiny mistakes like whiffing a grab while she's ducking or Fsmashing/Dash attacking/etc her shield or getting shield grabbed (spacies) with rests (death). This is a big reason why I think Jiggs is super dumb.
I think there is ALOT more that people can punish rest with than what you just listed.

For the record, I laughed hard as hell when you said IC's can't do anything to jiggs out of a missed rest.

Jiggs johns are ********.

[edit] Not just the people in this thread that john about her. Just in general.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Jiggs is slow, and in a neutral position worse than all the other top tiers, so she isn't broken, even if the move rest might be.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
I luff jiggs
she is so cute.
I also so not mind playing against her so much.
I would rather fight a jiggs than a spacie.

Fox is ugly anyways.
Hungrybox said so.

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
???

i was ur rival?

TurtleS ****ing sucks... started playing the game like... this month. he's an apprentice if anything.

bassdeluxe27

Smash Rookie
Haven't played seriously in a long time, but I'm game if any events pop up. I'm currently in Salisbury (good proximity to Charlotte, High Point, Greensboro, and Raleigh).

Oh yeah, and I play Melee almost exclusively.

bassdeluxe27

Smash Rookie
Wow, you're fast.

Yes, Falco main. I'd put my skill level (back when I played seriously) at about average compared to most tournament players. I'd never win more than a few matches, but I can hold my own against most people.

Top Bottom