• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
We talked it out in PM's.

I still think Jiggs is a stupid character and we just agree to disagree.
the reason jiggs is dumb is she cannot be punished in any manner to any extent she can punish a character

its like 0 risk to alot of reward

whereas fox can be 0-deathed by virtually every character, equal risk/reward

hell even marth/falcon/sheik/falco get ****ed up on the regular by alot of people, but characters like peach, samus, and puff get away with stuff most characters cant, though peaches and samus' can still eat a hell of a lot of combo's, least mid %'s

i.e. gay

not to instill any flaming but GD puff u got the best recovery... and the single best kill move... and a ****ing Bair that will tie any marth move.

Basically playing puff means "welllll i dont wanna get punished for being stupid, so let me just play the character than cant be punished"

i played idea on FoD and he missed a rest at low %

still low enough, like 10 i would have died,
i punished him by doing a fully charged, tipped, neutral B from marth, and he just gets away with 29% while i would have lost a stock

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
the reason jiggs is dumb is she cannot be punished in any manner to any extent she can punish a character

its like 0 risk to alot of reward

whereas fox can be 0-deathed by virtually every character, equal risk/reward

hell even marth/falcon/sheik/falco get ****ed up on the regular by alot of people, but characters like peach, samus, and puff get away with stuff most characters cant, though peaches and samus' can still eat a hell of a lot of combo's, least mid %'s

i.e. gay

not to instill any flaming but GD puff u got the best recovery... and the single best kill move... and a ****ing Bair that will tie any marth move.

Basically playing puff means "welllll i dont wanna get punished for being stupid, so let me just play the character than cant be punished"
Jiggs can be punished for missing rests by every character but at lower percents the only characters that actually get a decently guaranteed punish equivalent even close to being rested are Fox (Lasers ->Drill -> Shine -> Grab - Uthrow -> Uair is max Fox can do without platforms/a wall), Ganon (Utilt), Doc/Mario (Cape all day -> Fsmash), Falcon (Falcon Punch but still won't kill until like 30% with good DI/a bigger stage), Marth's (Charge B/Tipper), Luigi (UpB), Samus (Charge shot).

Even most of those won't definitely get a kill with good DI still.

EDIT: K, finishing this up and then responding to Matt.

But against Falco, Peach, IC's, Pikachu and pretty much every other character, you can't get more than damage and maybe getting her offstage (not that this matters since she has the best, easiest and safest recovery in the game).

Matt: I decided to talk about resting because missing a rest is basically the biggest mistake she can make. You're right when you say that very rarely can you even get anything substantial off a shield grab if they DI decently. Even Fox's Uthrow -> Uair has ceased to work on high level Jiggs (Mango/Hbox almost always get the Smash DI). Ganon gets pretty serious hits out of grabs (Dthrow -> Usmash works sometimes, or Dthrow -> Bair) but the reality of it is; Jiggs can do a lot of risky things which are super high reward with relativity low risk, while she punishes tiny mistakes like whiffing a grab while she's ducking or Fsmashing/Dash attacking/etc her shield or getting shield grabbed (spacies) with rests (death). This is a big reason why I think Jiggs is super dumb.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
i dont necessarily mean "cant be punished" as in punishing a rest

if a puff does something dumb and get sheild grabbed, whats the worst? if vs fox a upthrow upair? easily DI and smash DI'ed....

marth sure wont do anything off a throw...

maybe sheik dthrow upair? again DI makes it kinda difficult..

dthrow knee from falcon? get rested right out of that ****

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
For sheik vs puff you just have to really camp those needles and space back air really really well.

I think jiggs is gay but she's not unbeatable. I'd rather fight a jiggs over a fox sometimes lol. Notice how there are only really 3 top placing puffs (2 if you don't count mango because he's just a top placing player in general. So Darc and Hbox.) There are a lot of other puffs out there, but just like they're learning the fox and marth MU, Fox's and marths are learning the puff match up.

Jiggs sucks, but just play patient.

Mahone

Smash Champion
I don't know about half but a good bit.

I just like the Falco abstract. A lot.

Mahone, call me Josh in the future, por favor. :]
My, bad its just that KP is called Josh so it gets confusing, can i call you dark Josh?

Well i don't want to have this arguement for like the 1000th time, but i would like to point out that marth can have a winning matchup and idea is very good. If you happen to be M@, then i can tell you i watched those matches and you simply got outplayed... HOWEVER i am willing to walk you through the video anytime you want and explain where you made mistakes so next time you will beat him :)

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
ya it sucks that such an AMAZING character only has 2 people who play her at a competative level, people in melee just have too much honor... lolololol.
I play marth

such an AMAZING character with all the range in the world.. and priority and other excuses people john about

has M2k, thats really about it

and he plays fox and sheik more than marth, exept vs. spacies.

people in melee have too much honor, to actually try and have conversation about something they feel is BS when some dickriding main of that character comes in with some floppy defense that basically states "but only mango and Hbox are good puffs" lololololololololololololololol winning like the last 4 nationals, those puff mains.. <3

oh and of course i got outplayed by idea, thats obvious, i didnt attempt to say he won because he was puff, im just pointing out annoyances characters have in fighting against a puff. I dont like fighting the character and alot of people feel the same way

its my opinion, if you dont like it go **** yourself

Mahone

Smash Champion
I play marth

such an AMAZING character with all the range in the world.. and priority and other excuses people john about

has M2k, thats really about it

and he plays fox and sheik more than marth, exept vs. spacies.

people in melee have too much honor, to actually try and have conversation about something they feel is BS when some dickriding main of that character comes in with some floppy defense that basically states "but only mango and Hbox are good puffs" lololololololololololololololol winning like the last 4 nationals, those puff mains.. <3

oh and of course i got outplayed by idea, thats obvious, i didnt attempt to say he won because he was puff, im just pointing out annoyances characters have in fighting against a puff. I dont like fighting the character and alot of people feel the same way

its my opinion, if you dont like it go **** yourself
I edited my post because i felt like I shouldn't just be sarcastic and wanted to actually help you, i would appreciate if you didn't have such a harsh tone in your responses to me, as i am trying to help you and not argue.

I'm sorry you feel that my argument is so bad, and i wasn't trying to dickride, its just that only puff mains can really understand the downsides to playing puff, but i can understand how people think puff is perfect because hbox and mango are close to perfect at melee in general, that was what i meant by my argument.

I won't go **** myself, but i know it is your opinion, thats why i chose not to argue, i just offered my help, so that you could maybe see that puff isn't as hard to play as you think she is, but if you feel like you already know how to play her and that she really is unfair, then i apologize if what i said in some way offended you.

Again, i would prefer if you didn't get so angry at me, you can just talk it out, there isn't really any need for that.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
IB, , Falcomist PewPewU, Jkun, Greater Leon. There are more i cant think of, i dont watch too much marth.

But yeeea. All of those guys are good as hell.

Edit; Kadaj, PP.

Double Edit; Fighting puff is fun :D

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
I edited my post because i felt like I shouldn't just be sarcastic and wanted to actually help you, i would appreciate if you didn't have such a harsh tone in your responses to me, as i am trying to help you and not argue.

I'm sorry you feel that my argument is so bad, and i wasn't trying to dickride, its just that only puff mains can really understand the downsides to playing puff, but i can understand how people think puff is perfect because hbox and mango are close to perfect at melee in general, that was what i meant by my argument.

I won't go **** myself, but i know it is your opinion, thats why i chose not to argue, i just offered my help, so that you could maybe see that puff isn't as hard to play as you think she is, but if you feel like you already know how to play her and that she really is unfair, then i apologize if what i said in some way offended you.

Again, i would prefer if you didn't get so angry at me, you can just talk it out, there isn't really any need for that.
1. i dont think puff is OP or needs a ban
2. i think marth puff is slight marth favor
3. im just bad at the matchup
4. i just dont like playing against

Mahone

Smash Champion
Oh i feel like i didn't address all your points, so i'm going to double post, because last time i edited after like 1 minute and you had already responded to what i erased lol.

I never said that Marth was broken either, so i don't know why you are using my argument against me, and i think you can appreciate what my argument means, because i think the same applies to marth mains.
Everyone says you guys have 0-death of any grab against fox because M2k can do it, but they don't realize that is more m2k and less marth.

also, people complain about jiggs all the time, so you don't have to feel like you are the one who is finally "taking a stand" or something, if you want, just go into any thread on this website and you will find more than enough ****talk about jiggs.

The best player in the world is usually the one that is going to win nationals, so of course if the best player remains the best player, he will play the same character. I think 4 nationals just proves how good hbox is. He did much better against Armada than mango ever did, because he is better at the matchup, and honestly his jiggs is much faster.

I also don't like that hbox bair spams, as do most fellow jiggs, its not like we sit around in the puff boards and think about how to make the community miserable, it's more like, we all picked her up when we didn't know puff was good, and now that she is we are all excited to learn all of the stuff she can do, also we have all put all our time into her because we like playing her, but there are definitely some downsides that you can't know about until you play puff against someone like drpp :(

But i feel bad, about coming into all of your NC threads and starting arguments, thats why i quickly edited my post (not quick enough i guess lol)....

So i apologize if i upset you, and hope you can make it out to the tourney this saturday. We have a fund for giving you guys as much gas money as we can, and now a car from VA beach is coming!!!! with like shaeman and some guys, so it'll be fun. And if you want I'll help explain the Marth/Jiggs matchup, or better yet Krnred225 can, since he is amazing at it and can beat me even though i'm better in general than him.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Oh i feel like i didn't address all your points, so i'm going to double post, because last time i edited after like 1 minute and you had already responded to what i erased lol.

I never said that Marth was broken either, so i don't know why you are using my argument against me, and i think you can appreciate what my argument means, because i think the same applies to marth mains.
Everyone says you guys have 0-death of any grab against fox because M2k can do it, but they don't realize that is more m2k and less marth.

also, people complain about jiggs all the time, so you don't have to feel like you are the one who is finally "taking a stand" or something, if you want, just go into any thread on this website and you will find more than enough ****talk about jiggs.

The best player in the world is usually the one that is going to win nationals, so of course if the best player remains the best player, he will play the same character. I think 4 nationals just proves how good hbox is. He did much better against Armada than mango ever did, because he is better at the matchup, and honestly his jiggs is much faster.

I also don't like that hbox bair spams, as do most fellow jiggs, its not like we sit around in the puff boards and think about how to make the community miserable, it's more like, we all picked her up when we didn't know puff was good, and now that she is we are all exited to learn all of the stuff she can do, also we have all put all our time into her because we like playing her, but there are definitely some downsides that you can't know about until you play puff against someone like drpp :(

But i feel bad, about coming into all of your NC threads and starting arguments, thats why i quickly edited my post (not quick enough i guess lol)....

So i apologize if i upset you, and hope you can make it out to the tourney this saturday. We have a fund for giving you guys as much gas money as we can, and now a car from VA beach is coming!!!! with like shaeman and some guys, so it'll be fun. And if you want I'll help explain the Marth/Jiggs matchup, or better yet Krnred225 can, since he is amazing at it and can beat me even though i'm better in general than him.
naw man your cool, and idea was really cool after he whooped me

i jus dont like puff, so its pretty much me *****in bout nuttin

but im trying to go this weekend, ill get sum puffy practice in

ur gonna get ftilted to death (assuming my strat vs. puff works)

Mahone

Smash Champion
1. i dont think puff is OP or needs a ban
2. i think marth puff is slight marth favor
3. im just bad at the matchup
4. i just dont like playing against
This is a very mature and reasonable thing to say. I don't think most people can admit that a matchup they are bad up is in favor of their character, and i respect that a lot.

I don't like playing jiggs either, I generally go my crappy secondaries first game, then barely scrap out a win, then i jiggs ditto and have 8 minute matches.

But what i will say, is that she adds a lot of variety to this game. Yes, it's boring to camp and most people just wanna play aggressive and do combos and all that and thats why we love this game. But, camping/playing safe is very fun in its own way. A lot of zoning and careful spacing, while trading only one hit here or there can actually be really intense if you stop and really think about it.

I think you just have to try to enjoy playing patient and camping a little instead of dreading it, think of it as a break from the fast-paced fox ditto action. Honestly, there are so few jiggs, you will probably only have to do it like once a tournament, so i don't think its that bad, but idk, just my opinion i guess.

edit: Oh **** you know about ftilt lol, ya actually thats the main thing most marths don't do enough, its SO hard to punish and outranges bair, i might get ****ed up XD

moophobia, why do you love me? Is it cause you play doc... ****ing ******** character, to quote mango....
uhhh

i hate docs

4 pills is like 20 damgae and ****
then grab and that dumb fair
He only use to switch to falco for doc and falco, no one knows about how bad doc counters jiggs, otherwise a lot more people would have a secondary doc

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't think I have time to catch up on all of this atm, but Marths need to step it up so they have more to look to than M2K. It's not Marth being worse, it's the Marth mains. Marth is amazing.

Screw representation arguments in smash bros.

Edit: October 2nd? This weekend? Ehhhh probably can't.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
I love you because I love the way you see smash and how you present your points. Besides you ***** my balls off in teams I suck at this game you would beat me in singles =) and I also agree with PP marth is freaking amazing just not as many marth mains. =(

Mahone

Smash Champion
I don't think I have time to catch up on all of this atm, but Marths need to step it up so they have more to look to than M2K. It's not Marth being worse, it's the Marth mains. Marth is amazing.

Screw representation arguments in smash bros.

Edit: October 2nd? This weekend? Ehhhh probably can't.
Or you could, cause then it would be SUPER HYPE

I love you because I love the way you see smash and how you present your points. Besides you ***** my balls off in teams I suck at this game you would beat me in singles =) and I also agree with PP marth is freaking amazing just not as many marth mains. =(
Oh thanks, oh **** were you the doc in teams, you were really good. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you were keeping up fine, your teammate was just getting ****ed up and hitting you a lot or something if i remember correctly.

But ya, i remember you downthrew faired me at high percents and i had a vietnam flashback to playing boss last summer. Most docs can't downthrow fair at high percents against any character which is weird cuz its doc's best kill move.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Yeah I was definitely the doc in teams, I was so salty at the time though. Mainly because doc blows in teams.
Ya, me and boss team and it sucks, mostly because i am worse than him so i let him down, but also cuz doc has no synergy with anyone... doc just plays like its singles.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Can I get honorable mention seeing as my actual place of residency is Fayetteville NC

Graduated from 71st...lol

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
IB, Falcomist, PewPewU, Jkun, Greater Leon. There are more i cant think of, i dont watch too much marth.

But yeeea. All of those guys are good as hell.

Edit; Kadaj, PP.

Double Edit; Fighting puff is fun :D
M2K goes without saying.

HBK is super good. QDVS is beast as well. G$ has his **** moments. Great Leon...not so much.

Kevin and Adam's Marth's are both super legit.

Mango's Marth is insane, of course, from the few videos I've seen.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
QDVS barely ever plays and HBK is inconsistent sadly.

Adam doesn't play enough but his Marth is legit.

Mango's Marth is too aggressive lol.

Mine is aight but I get too sloppy.

Top Bottom