• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Naruto

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No, how about someone who has a good life and is a bamf cause of it >_>. Seems like everyone's parents are dead, they have no friends, no memories, etc. etc.
That would promote kids to think "hey i can be like this guy since my parents are alive and my life isn't bad". Can't make the villian like that. Unless you want a hero to be like that? Then there's always beelzebub

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
who cares what the kids wind up thinking, it would be better for the story if there was a villain who wasn't afflicted internally somehow but is just ****in evil. Those guys are the best

and I say that not because there are no good villains that come from inner turmoil, it's just done so often that it's too cliche for me now

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Doesn't matter to me if it's villain or hero...just feels like every character at least in the Naruto universe has some bad past, no parents, etc. Terywj just made my point. To have a character who's had a good life be a hero would be surprisingly not cliche lol.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
The problem is that you can't really have a character fight for anything if they regard no conflict. So when an author or what have you makes a character, it's all too easy to remedy that problem by making their conflict internal. And there's only so many ways to do that (i.e. daddy never hugged me)

<3 Luffy

Gaara♥

Smash Master
I hope this Kabuto flashback bull***** ends right here, I dont want to endure 1 - 3 chapters of nothing before I am awarded a few pages of actual fighting

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The problem is that you can't really have a character fight for anything if they regard no conflict. So when an author or what have you makes a character, it's all too easy to remedy that problem by making their conflict internal. And there's only so many ways to do that (i.e. daddy never hugged me)

<3 Luffy
I guess the world has no good samaritans then. Cause there are countless articles of people doing good things, and never has there been statements from said people that they had a rags to riches story of overcoming anything >_>. They did it of their own accord and upbringing. No internal conflict.

It's just a typical Shounen formula, and to a fault a cliche formula for any sort of media to have a tragic character. It's just pathetic when your entire cast is that.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I guess the world has no good samaritans then. Cause there are countless articles of people doing good things, and never has there been statements from said people that they had a rags to riches story of overcoming anything >_>. They did it of their own accord and upbringing. No internal conflict.

It's just a typical Shounen formula, and to a fault a cliche formula for any sort of media to have a tragic character. It's just pathetic when your entire cast is that.
I'm uh... most definitely not talking about real life lol. Hence the reference to authors and their characters.

I'm, like... agreeing with you

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
IMO the flashback did give insight on my favorote character, which isn't all bad, but I do want to see more fighting.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
I just took it as a means that well...you can't have a good samaritan like character despite we have those in real life.
Well yeah, real people are far less restricted in their variety and motivation than fictional ones, because fictional ones exist for the sake of a story.
IMO, externally motivated characters are way more interesting because environments around people have much more potential for plot progression than conflicts within the character.

So basically, I acknowledge that most authors don't like the idea of a character with fewer dimensions (like a samaritan for the sake of being a samaritan) but I would honestly be refreshed by such a character.

Staz

Smash Lord
I thought it was pretty interesting to learn more about kabuto for once. But it was pretty boring. Ah well. Next chapter must be good.

:phone:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
99% likely that several years pass, then some **** kills kabuto's only parent figure in the world and kabuto kills them all in revenge, evolving to kabutops

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I find it interesting how no one seems to care about Kabuto here. I always thought he was a favorite of sorts? At least someone you wanted to know more about?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
This chapter basically said this:

the reason kabuto started this war was because mother couldn't recognized him because she didn't have glasses on

Thino

Smash Master
could have skipped this weeks chapter, and actually from the looks of thing, I'll skip next week

because we're gonna have Kabuto+Orochimaru honeymoon

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
what the heck? that's so cruel lol. to say somebody deserves death because they don't get enough screen time....

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
She probably didn't recognise him becauseI think her power is to erase her mind of anything at will or something.

That's what makes her such a good spy.

I mean surely she would have bought a new pair of glasses that many years later.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I didn't know Orochimaru was part of Anbu.

I wonder if Kakashi knew him in some capacity (beyond Orochimaru's reputation as a Sennin), or if anything Danzo did with Anbu was so buried in the upper echelons of Konoha's government that it was essentially black-on-black, need-to-know for only a select few.

Smooth Criminal

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man, organizations like that are so nasty lol.

but with american organizations like CIA, i can understand why they can be necessary for a country to establish dominance

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha well it's not like everyone can use haki either. luffy was already a 300million pirate before he even began to understand it.

the cp9 were more focused on their style of martial arts. their body armor technique was already quite similar to the armaments haki

Top Bottom