• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair vs. Nair: Parachute or Fishbowl?

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
Which nair do you like better? I know Fishbowl is better in terms of speed and power, but I actually favor the parachute. In terms of taste, which one do you like?

Sygmus

Smash Cadet
I'm still a little more used to using the parachute. It had a nice knockback and I used it almost as much as Fair. Not that I'm a very big G&W player.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I would rather have parachute. It would give G&W a good aerial kill move besides his conditional fair. Parachute has huge range and would be excellent for killing off the stage.

Though it's nice to have fishbowl to beat up on heavy characters, as it deals 17%. It's a good damage dealer.

Hard to choose, damage over kill move. It's slightly annoying that G&W best kill moves are simply his smashes.

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
I would rather have parachute. It would give G&W a good aerial kill move besides his conditional fair. Parachute has huge range and would be excellent for killing off the stage.

Though it's nice to have fishbowl to beat up on heavy characters, as it deals 17%. It's a good damage dealer.

Hard to choose, damage over kill move. It's slightly annoying that G&W best kill moves are simply his smashes.
I'm still a little more used to using the parachute. It had a nice knockback and I used it almost as much as Fair. Not that I'm a very big G&W player.
These are almost my exact thoughts. Yeah, parachute had sweet range and knockback... oh well, at least it now boosts MGaW's recovery. A hack making the parachute his nair would be SWEET.

cutter

Smash Champion
The old Parachute by far... considering GW still keeps his parachute from his up B as well.

It was an easy way for GW to kill someone thanks to its gigantic hitbox and the way it sent someone in that downward spiral. It gets tough to kill with Fair when the hitbox is much smaller and harder to get someone with compared to the 'chute.

The fishbowl is amazing, but the parachute was just better.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
The old Parachute by far... considering GW still keeps his parachute from his up B as well.

It was an easy way for GW to kill someone thanks to its gigantic hitbox and the way it sent someone in that downward spiral. It gets tough to kill with Fair when the hitbox is much smaller and harder to get someone with compared to the 'chute.

The fishbowl is amazing, but the parachute was just better.
Thank you. The chute was stupid(in a good way).

Still, like I said before. GaW is the same as he was in Melee for the most part, just the physics of Brawl made him amazing.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I would keep the fishbowl over the Parachute. I miss it, yet the bowl is just really important to G&W as a damaging + setup move to lose. HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer

Still, like I said before. GaW is the same as he was in Melee for the most part, just the physics of Brawl made him amazing.
Kinda sorta not really.

Fsmash got stronger.
Dsmash got hell-of-a-upgrade, works differently too.
Upsmash got strong, but no invincible head frames.

Fair stayed about the same.
Dair got a new property.
Uair got a new property.
Nair changed.
Bair has new physics and a sixth hit.

Dtilt got bigger.
Ftilt and Utilt are just silly (hard to remember using them in melee)

Dash Attack spikes on the ledge now.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The parachute was actually pretty slow; it only seemed good because of how bad Mr. Game & Watch was in melee in general. The fishbowl is incredible in terms of how damaging and quick it is; it's obviously a much better move.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Parachute in Brawl would probably make GaW a bit worse, because fishbowl is freakin awesome for juggling you opponent and it's fast, deals good damage and the hitbox stays out pretty long.

Since juggling is pretty important in GaW gameplay i would prefer the fishbowl, parachute fits more into his melee gameplay tho.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
i think i like the fishbowl better its just a cool damage racker though i remember his old nair that was awesome

tbh i kinda liked him better in ssbm but he is obviously better in brawl

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
fishbowl by a mile, i was actually playing melee the other day pondering this. Chute was good in that game cuz he really needed a kill move to finish his chaingrabs and combo's off with, but now if you keep a fresh fair, nair is needed to rack up damage and to approach with because its very fast.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion

well he got a parachute on his up-b, the fishbowl, he has a normal sheild, more range on d-tilt, and better hitboxes but the physics did have some responsibility for his beefing

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
Recap:

Parachute was a good kill move, and had good range.

Fishbowl has a good hitbox, is good for juggling, good for racking up damage, and other good stuff.

Overall, fishbowl is better.
HOWEVER, more people liked the parachute. Shows how much people miss Melee XD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
G&W's new N-air by far is better than his old one. Especially when you consider the changes in game physics.

Brawl revolves around solid juggle traps to make up for the lack of true combos in this game. G&W's old N-air would not have been a very good juggle trap due to the hitbox coming out fairly slowly and not lasting all that long. G&W's new N-air is an amazing juggle tool on the other hand.

Also, in Melee, G&W didn't really have any good combos into his N-air. Sure, you could occasionally get it off on fastfallers from a D-throw, but on floaties? Good luck trying to land it at all.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The chute had some great killing power, but G&W has more than enough killing power in Brawl to do without it.
If I was playing Melee and had the choice to use the chute or fishbowl I would choose the chute hands down. If I was playing Brawl though, I would rather have the fishbowl because it is such a great damage dealer and puts G&W's platform game on another level that he wouldn't be able to abuse without it.
I love G&W's recovery in Brawl, putting the chute in his up B is just lovely. Yeah, when offstage sometimes Fair just isn't an option and yeah, Nair would be great to have but all in all he doesn't need it.

Great for Melee but really not needed in Brawl due to his crazy kill power as is.

K@0S

Smash Ace
The parachute is great for melee, and the fishbowl is great for brawl. The fishbown is melee and the parachute in brawl would have been bad.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The parachute is great for melee, and the fishbowl is great for brawl. The fishbown is melee and the parachute in brawl would have been bad.
Let me get this straight, the parachute wasn't even that good in Melee...

Yeah, you could D-throw -> parachute on fastfallers, but on anything else, it's pretty much garbage.

Nicole

Smash Champion
fishbowl is much better. in melee, the only thing i used the parachute for was edgeguarding and killing in the air. fair already does that. fishbowl is a great aerial move through platforms and G&W would certainly be worse without it.

Neb

Smash Lord
I loved the 'chute. But in brawl, I believe with the different mechanics, the parachute would just weaken him. Sure, it does good damage, but nair alone grants juggles and smash set-ups, and much more. If G&W had the 'chute in brawl, he'd probably be high or mid tier, fair does fine Its just not the same Game & Watch as Melee's.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Good range, power, priortiy and knockback
Its also good for edgeguarding, wats not to like about the parachute (except for the speed)

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ya a2zomg, it was actually really good in melee. i think you forget that his dthrow popped people up low and could combo easily out of it. Also dtilt and up tilt were great for setups, along with just fastfalling it off the stage to edgeguard and putting a massive hitbox out for them to get around.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Kinda sorta not really.

Fsmash got stronger.
Dsmash got hell-of-a-upgrade, works differently too.
Upsmash got strong, but no invincible head frames.

Fair stayed about the same.
Dair got a new property.
Uair got a new property.
Nair changed.
Bair has new physics and a sixth hit.

Dtilt got bigger.
Ftilt and Utilt are just silly (hard to remember using them in melee)

Dash Attack spikes on the ledge now.

Okay, he got obvious power/property buffs but IMO, he doesn't feel very different. Sure, I can't spam Fair to approach now but he still feels like the same GaW I know and love. Granted, I don't play him much in Brawl anymore. :(

He's always had massive priority. He's always been a featherweight. He's always been really fun. He's GaW. He's ****. ^_^

Cel

Smash Cadet
I think it depends on the situation. It's kinda wierd, I make use of the parachute more but prefer the fishbowl. I like the parachute because it can normally give me a short time away from the opponent to evaluate my play so far in a match and think of what I can do better (also a great stress reliever to say the least), but the fishbowl racks up more damage and puts me that much closer to feeling confident about landing a kill.

Top Bottom