• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nair vs. Nair: Parachute or Fishbowl?

Tero.

Smash Champion
ive prolly said this but il prefer the parachute

if it was in the game GW might get himself banned though
I'm quite sure parachute wouldn't be better than the bowl.
Why do you think it would be so broken to get G&W banned?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
ya a2zomg, it was actually really good in melee. i think you forget that his dthrow popped people up low and could combo easily out of it. Also dtilt and up tilt were great for setups, along with just fastfalling it off the stage to edgeguard and putting a massive hitbox out for them to get around.
I specifically pointed out that you can D-throw -> N-air FASTFALLERS. D-tilt or U-tilt -> whatever is also pretty much limited to fastfallers.

Who cares about that? It doesn't work very well on anything floatier; Peach and Jigglypuff come to mind here. The three reasons G&W was terrible in Melee were because of bad defensive options, bad recovery, and poor combos.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Utilt is just silly (hard to remember using them in melee)
G&W's new N-air by far is better than his old one. Especially when you consider the changes in game physics.

Brawl revolves around solid juggle traps to make up for the lack of true combos in this game. G&W's old N-air would not have been a very good juggle trap due to the hitbox coming out fairly slowly and not lasting all that long. G&W's new N-air is an amazing juggle tool on the other hand.
I actually, like to use a utilt chain (like mario's utilt) to launch for a juggle. It's hard to pull off but I like the extra 15-40 percent that comes with it, and a lot more from the nair juggle.

I agree with A2ZOMG on the juggle, and true combos do exist but are rare. Nair is much faster then chute and does 19%, and I earnestly can't remember what the % for the chute was.

And in all respects, if what lost our nearly ungimpable recovery I wouldn't even consider chute, because his recovery s one of the many reasons I play gaw.

Top Bottom