• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My rant on meta knight and why I can't play him anymore

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Who the hell do people counterpick against Metaknight?
And why should you be bothered? Nobody has an advantageous match-up against him.
No, not even Snake.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
The way to counter pick MetaKnight is to be better than the other player. Then you MetaKnight ditto them. Always keep a good MetaKnight as atleast a secondary. MK ditto is your best chance.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I think he has a good point and this is something I posted before in a thread where they want to ban MK

Instead of doing this what should be done is a thread on tactics for each character on how to beat MK with each characters. Also what moves stop the tornado, how to punish his Up b. good edge guarding techs and so on. We have done that on PR and people are improving a lot. Hell in the last tournament a Peach won 1st place and **** he make her look top tier. ill upload the vid soon.

Ex,

Marth

Moves that stop the tornado

down B stops all his attacks good agains MK neutral B and foward B.

all tips attacks stop his whorenado still got to be carefull.

When an MK uses neutral B close to you; Block w8 for it to stop punish with dancing blade( foward B).

When he is recovering if he uses Up b high in the air: w8 for him to get close enough to do glide attack and punish with Up B.

his down smash punish with dancing blade: if MK hits you with his first hit of the down smash then you can down smash him(tip FTW) or Up B Him. Up smash if on High percentage.

if he is rushing you: block , either grab, dancing blade or up B.

Punish all his up b with bair, counter or Up B.

also down tilt is good against MK.

There it is my friends. Here is a quick guide on how to punish several moves with marth. I think everyone Instead of looking for a way to ban him, what should be done is clearly create a Thread on how to punish MK attacks.

I went to evo 2k8 and in all Friendlies I play against an MK i managed to win them all with marth. Just in case My main Is DK. So it felt good to be able to beat randoms MK, 2 stocks and everything.

Its to bad you could come to Evo (altough I know it was full of BS) but I wanted to face a real good MK. not just those who think they are good cause they use MK.
No one cares about the scrub MetaKnight's, lol. I never actually ran across one I couldn't beat consistantly with Marth (Snake and DDD are more common with the good players in my area). But seriously, what happens the GOOD players are all running around with MK? I'd like to see a Marth play against M2K's MK and not beat like he stole something. That would be sweet.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I find it funny that this person is complaining about MK being counterpicked with another character. Mk can tear through any character as long as the person behind him is good. You can just get better you know, you don't have to drop him. JUst learn the matchups.

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
I have beaten Good MK in my area out of all the MK fest in PR there are like 5 good MK and the best one is Lord HDL and I have managed to beat him ocasionally. But he is far better player than me in Melee and Brawl. And the other 4 I can beat them like 50-50.

And beileve me I have seen M2K's MK and he play just Like HDL or similar cant say who is better cause I havent played M2K's MK.

So when I said I love to beat scrubby MK I did not mean I could not handle the pros too.

PS: M2K's DDD would **** me thougth.

Another thing people like I said before. Dont give up already instead of trying to ban him like I said what should be done find ways to beat him. I have already find ways with DK( still hard to fight), Marth(pretty even),Diddy( somewhat even) match ups. You should do the same.

But please dont try with low tier chars unless you are Caveman who made it 6th with young link in melee.
I always think that from mid high characters you can hope to win tournaments but from Mid to bottom I think the gap in any fighter game when measured in High lvl play. 2 guys with the same "lvl" from Mid to bottom there is no way the Mid to Bottom char would win. But thats just my opinion

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
wolfs b laser takes priority over his tornado... :( i play meda and marth naturally, he is just so fun to use. i dont understand why people john about mk when all u have to do is go wolf and laser spam ;)

Master Raven

Smash Master
You're going to have to spam very very smart if you're going to attempt to take out MK with lasers.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Who the hell do people counterpick against Metaknight?
And why should you be bothered? Nobody has an advantageous match-up against him.
No, not even Snake.
Snake v. MetaKnight is about 60/40 in Snake's favor. Have you seen how easily his up-tilt kills MK?

First off, as for the OP, MK doesn't have hard counters, just even/slightly disadvantaged match-ups. So please, don't ***** about how you have to fight his counters. Almost everyone else has hard counters. A player bringing in a zelda to fight your ROB is much bigger deal than a player bringing in a DK to fight your MK.

Metaknight is good. Playing as him gives a player a pretty good advantage over someone who doesn't know what he's doing. However, look at the best players. Are all of the MKs? Do you see everyone who isn't struggling to stand a chance? You underestimate the contribution of skill. A good Jigglypuff stands a chance against a MK. So can a good Mario. Unless you main Captain Falcon, you've got a good enough shot that makes banning MK completely unwarranted.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Snake vs. Mk is gay as ****, it's not impossible. Sorry that MK has a counter guys, really ****ing sorry, This is is terrible, I know, this totally makes him bottom tier.

wtf are you smoking if someone decides to counterpick as Snake learn to deal with him or, ****ING COUNTERPICK WITH SOMEONE ELSE.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Snake vs. Mk is gay as ****, it's not impossible. Sorry that MK has a counter guys, really ****ing sorry, This is is terrible, I know, this totally makes him bottom tier.

wtf are you smoking if someone decides to counterpick as Snake learn to deal with him or, ****ING COUNTERPICK WITH SOMEONE ELSE.
Even good snakes have trouble with metaknights, just so you know.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
lol. You do realize you're doing exactly what they want you to do right? Don't give him up. If everyone trying to focus on MK and use his counter chars then YOU focus on his counters. Read some guides. Try to play people who main these counters. Think of each of their weaknesses and exploit them. If you're going to give him up at least take my advice first.
I would just go to those subforums and read up on the counters for whatever character i'm having trouble with. Sometimes the solution is in seeing how the counter measure works.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Ok, There are people who play just to beat metaknight. People say hes has no weaknesses. But in reality he has the BIGGEST weakness in the ENTIRE game. If you have a short attention span, then you may wanna leave. Metaknight is one of the most overused characters in the game. Which means people will dislike him. 50% of the people that play against MK a lot will hate him BUT they don't do diddly squat about it besides make stupid johns.

Ok, now this is what I really mean. There are some people who hate MK so much that they find all of his counter characters and MAIN THEM ALL. And they find every way possible to beat MK. But that's not necessarily the issue. The real issue is A LOT of people do this. So many it starts to make winning with metaknight hard. If you go to a ladder or something where counter-picking is allowed and you use metaknight, you may win the the first match but for the next two you can say goodbye to victory. I have nothing against people who do this but because of this, I don't think I can main him anymore.
Quit complaining. YOU have it easy...

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I can't believe someone made a post about how hard it is to be a MK main...... >.> If you're loosing with MK even in his "bad"(?) matchups that's just you being sub-par. and you can always counter pick the person right back. DDD's probably a good choice unless they picked diddy on you.

edit: wait a minute... is this a joke thread?

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
i think MK is pretty over rated.... very overated... he is very good and all but people overate his moves a lot...

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
_Kamikaze said:
Ok, There are people who play just to beat metaknight. People say hes has no weaknesses. But in reality he has the BIGGEST weakness in the ENTIRE game. If you have a short attention span, then you may wanna leave. Metaknight is one of the most overused characters in the game. Which means people will dislike him. 50% of the people that play against MK a lot will hate him BUT they don't do diddly squat about it besides make stupid johns.

Ok, now this is what I really mean. There are some people who hate MK so much that they find all of his counter characters and MAIN THEM ALL. And they find every way possible to beat MK. But that's not necessarily the issue. The real issue is A LOT of people do this. So many it starts to make winning with metaknight hard. If you go to a ladder or something where counter-picking is allowed and you use metaknight, you may win the the first match but for the next two you can say goodbye to victory. I have nothing against people who do this but because of this, I don't think I can main him anymore.
Meta noobs like this littering the MK boards make me want to cry...

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
i think MK is pretty over rated.... very overated... he is very good and all but people overate his moves a lot...
I agree.
his tornado is usful for damaging and stoping SOME projectiles,

but falcos reflector can do the same job differently

people complain about his recovery sometimes, but, he's light too, geez, lol.

his attacks can be dodged and punish, but your shield grab has to be fast lol

most of his attacks make you fly at an angle >_<
no one even thought of that lol

AfroQT

Smash Master
Snake v. MetaKnight is about 60/40 in Snake's favor. Have you seen how easily his up-tilt kills MK?

First off, as for the OP, MK doesn't have hard counters, just even/slightly disadvantaged match-ups. So please, don't ***** about how you have to fight his counters. Almost everyone else has hard counters. A player bringing in a zelda to fight your ROB is much bigger deal than a player bringing in a DK to fight your MK.

Metaknight is good. Playing as him gives a player a pretty good advantage over someone who doesn't know what he's doing. However, look at the best players. Are all of the MKs? Do you see everyone who isn't struggling to stand a chance? You underestimate the contribution of skill. A good Jigglypuff stands a chance against a MK. So can a good Mario. Unless you main Captain Falcon, you've got a good enough shot that makes banning MK completely unwarranted.
Have you seen how easily snake gets gimped?

Snake vs MK is completely even.
While snake rules the ground, he cant even touch MK in the air. If snake has to recovery a good MK can never let him back onto the stage.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Have you seen how easily snake gets gimped?

Snake vs MK is completely even.
While snake rules the ground, he cant even touch MK in the air. If snake has to recovery a good MK can never let him back onto the stage.
The problem is getting him off the stage, because of his superiority on the ground. Also, because of how easily Snake can KO MK, he can afford very few mistakes.

It's really not worth arguing whether it's 60/40 or 50/50 here. We can definitely agree that Snake is a very soft counter at best.

I agree.
his tornado is usful for damaging and stoping SOME projectiles,

but falcos reflector can do the same job differently
Falco's reflector doesn't let you approach through projectiles like MT does.

]
people complain about his recovery sometimes, but, he's light too, geez, lol.
His lightness doesn't make up for the fact that he's near ungimpable.

]
his attacks can be dodged and punish, but your shield grab has to be fast lol
If MK spaces correctly, nothing can be shield grabbed except for a SH nair.

]
most of his attacks make you fly at an angle >_<
no one even thought of that lol
He has trouble KOing on the stage with anything but dsmashes, true. However, he also has the best edgegaurding in the game, imho.

All these topics about MK are getting very repetitive. Yes, he's the best in the game. No, he's not broken enough to warrant a ban. Can we move on please?

bluebolt

Smash Journeyman
if your actually good and know HOW to use mk, their is no counter to beat him =p
lol
I lol'ed at this.
but its actually true, noobs can **** up easily, yeah, you pretty much can put urself at risk if you do stuff wrong.

also, in before lock.

AfroQT

Smash Master
The problem is getting him off the stage, because of his superiority on the ground. Also, because of how easily Snake can KO MK, he can afford very few mistakes.

It's really not worth arguing whether it's 60/40 or 50/50 here. We can definitely agree that Snake is a very soft counter at best.
I guess, but i'd also describe MK as a soft counter to snake as well.
IMO its completely even.

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
You gotta be kidding me. It's like *****ing that Akuma isn't broken because everyone who doesn't use Akuma uses anti Akuma strategies. The presence of anti-MK strategies is a direct result of MK being broken. And guess what? He still wins, because he has no weaknesses.
ignorance..
no projectiles sounds like a weakness to me
lightweight
no meteor smash

yes this list is shorter than other chars but don't try and act like picking metaknight is an auto-win.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
Can we all just stop posting on this thread? I'd really like it off of our front page of topics so that we can discuss relevant topics on these boards that actually help to improve the MK community, and I'm sure that there are several other people on these boards that feel the same way that I do. I got excited when no one had posted on this thread for almost 5 days...let's try to go for 10 days, or 3 weeks, or, ultimately, forever. This thread does nothing but attract Johners and scrubs. Let's just stop posting on it, please.

I apologize for even posting on it myself...it just results in more time needing to pass before this topic hits the 2nd page of MK topics.

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
ignorance..
no projectiles sounds like a weakness to me
lightweight
no meteor smash

yes this list is shorter than other chars but don't try and act like picking metaknight is an auto-win.
Lol, talking about ignorance. Not having a metor smash isn't a weakness if you have arguably the best edge guarding in the game, the best specials, and fastest attacks and highest priority. A weakness isn't something that limits you from being impeccable, it's something that can keep you from winning period. For that very reason, projectiles aren't a weakness either. If Meta Knight had a meteor smash or projectiles he would easily be completely broken. He is a projectile.

What people forget when they are thinking of weaknesses for Meta is that if he DID have the things that they say he doesn't, it would be so incredibly unfair. He doesn't have those things for that reason. He's already good enough. MK's only weakness is that he's lightweight. Bottom line. And even that isn't SO much of a shortcoming.

subzerosmokerain

Smash Rookie
Look, I may a noob but I know the weakness to Metaknight, know him. Just find every possible weakness you have with MK and there you go, more often than not, people may have the same problem.

Master Raven

Smash Master
To be honest the only significant weakness for MK I can think of is his light weight, but do not underestimate that weakness. It is a BIG one, and in fact if it weren't for his light weight I wouldn't want to switch to DDD for certain matchups such as Wolf and Wario who have been giving me such trouble as MK lately because he gets killed off way too early, and both Wario and Wolf are REALLY good at pressuring.

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
I wouldn't call Luigi a counter to Meta, but I would say that Luigi is actually one of the characters who has a chance against MK. You guys will realize it if you try him out. Luigi is amazing.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I wouldn't call Luigi a counter to Meta, but I would say that Luigi is actually one of the characters who has a chance against MK. You guys will realize it if you try him out. Luigi is amazing.
Luigi is easily one of MK's easiest match-ups.

ADHD

Smash Hero
LOL LUIGI??? You are playing really.... REALLY bad metaknights if you win against them with luigi

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Why? Luigi has astounding air priority, a great downsmash against MK, awesome recovery, a projectile. Not to mention his up+b kills at below 48%. You said yourself Chrome that 'WIGI IS REALLY GOOD.'

You guys don't play against a lot of pro Luigis so odds are you don't see that matchup often. I'm not saying Luigi is a counter to MK, but I am saying he's tougher then you guys are making him out to be.

Also, it is EXTREMELY hard to gimp a Luigi doing a rising tornado.

Top Bottom