• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I just told my best friend about me loving this show, and she told me to never bring it up again, cause she hates it, and says it's the bad kind of childish, and other things that made me frown...

And thanks, vZakat. Her voice also lures me in, too. :)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I really hope pegasi can air dash. I'd be kinda dumb if they couldn't.
I'm betting that Rainbow Dash will probably have an 8-way airdash and/or flight mode. Fluttershy will probably just have a 2-way airdash.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I just told my best friend about me loving this show, and she told me to never bring it up again, cause she hates it, and says it's the bad kind of childish, and other things that made me frown...
I fail to see how this show is the "bad" kind of childish.
I don't even know what "bad" childish would be considered as other than gore and swearing. Do you happen to know what she means by "bad" childish?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I guess there are two types of childish.

The "good" kind, that's funny, and cool, but intended for children (I guess...Tom and Jerry is a good example? Or Scooby Doo?)

And then the "bad" kind, which is obnoxious, not funny, and really dopey, while still being catered towards youngins (so...Spongebob). [that's how I understood it]

I should ask: am I the only one who is reminded of the days when cartoons were good when watching this show?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
MLP is definitely closer to the former, in my opinion. Pinkie Pie and maybe the CMC are the only things that have kinda drifted toward the second one, but not over the top about it.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Shrouded, I agree.

And I believe that the show only taps into the 2nd one JUST enough to get your attention on, and then backs off of it because they know too much of that would be bad.

Also pony is watching you:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I should ask: am I the only one who is reminded of the days when cartoons were good when watching this show?
Well that's only been brought up about a hundred thousand times, so no, you're not.

Plus, keep in mind that Faust was an animator on The Powerpuff Girls, which was from the so-called "good age" of cartoons and for The Iron Giant, which a lot of people consider to be one of the last great 2D animated films. So this really isn't surprising.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Nobody pays attention to the PSRB anyway.

[collapse=Drug content, violence, and sexual content]

[/collapse]

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Did not know Faust worked on The Iron Giant. That was one of my favorite movies as a kid.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I've known Lauren Faust worked on The Iron Giant before Friendship is Magic was even created.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Portraits, life bars and level-meters looks amazing.
Also, dat music is amazing as well, great mashup of At the Gala and Twilight's theme
By "Twilight's Theme" do you mean the original composition make by RainbowCrash88 for the game itself or some other original pony fan music? Cause I don't recall hearing those parts at all, but it's damn well catchy and I love it. Now for him to release Twilight's full length stage song.

I just told my *best friend* about me loving this show, and *she* told me to never bring it up again, cause *she* hates it, and says it's the bad kind of *childish*, and other things that made me frown...)
Hate to delve into demographics, but sounds like she's not a little girl anymore :<
I probably see that "bad" as: "Things definitely should not be watching, considering most cartoons are non-gender-specific, but MLP generally being directed towards female children (or girls). Just hard to show the other throw-back old-school cartoon side of it, to closed minded young-adults.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I didn't like the Iron Giant as a kid. Probably because I saw it in English and I barely spoke English at the time so the movie never made sense to me. Maybe I should watch it again.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Golden-psyco;13609238 trudat although xyro brigns the pony these days[/QUOTE said:
wha??? i hate that stupid pony stuff. its for babies/girls/guys that like guys.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I know that feel bro, but I'd rather wait until it's closer to the release of a new game. That's why we need more pictures of KH ponies, or just ponies with keyblades or something.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I like her voice. A lot. Music was pretty cool too.
:pinkiepie:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Check mah lazy pinkie butt in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace.png that I did to warm up for other pictures.

That BG took a grand total of 30 seconds.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Heartstring

Smash Legend
WOAH NELLY a lot to reply to here!

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2010/jan/11/understanding-input-leniency-street-fighter-4/
It's funny that you say you always get an Ultra instead of an EX DP. I had the opposite problem for a long time lol.

What shortcuts do you even need in Tekken? You can do everything with the face buttons alone. The game only uses 4 buttons and afaik you never have to press more than 2 of them at once like Rapid Cancels or Bursts in BB or X-Factor in that one game.

If you find you're hitting a wall with execution on pad, you may want to try out a stick just to see if it makes a difference.
well i can only press 1+3 or 2+4 together, for 1+2, 3+4, 1+4 and 2+3 i require the shoulder buttons to be set for shortcuts, although i dont actually use 1+4, thats set to 1+3 to make life easier in grabbing
my technical ability is-and always has been-disgraceful. dyspraxia dunchakno?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxFnpBh22Sg&feature=feedu
Twilight looks amazing. Her character portrait looks terrible, but she looks amazing.

Oh, and Pinkie Pie is in it too.
oh my whaat, this looks amazing
all of my money for a computer which can run this!
also twilights lvl 3 looks like she gets hit by a nuke

Did not know Faust worked on The Iron Giant. That was one of my favorite movies as a kid.
its one of the few movies to make me cry, the others being toy story 3, Up and spooks

By "Twilight's Theme" do you mean the original composition make by RainbowCrash88 for the game itself or some other original pony fan music? Cause I don't recall hearing those parts at all, but it's damn well catchy and I love it. Now for him to release Twilight's full length stage song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or482ar7fi4
he means that theme i just posted, twilights sonata

wha??? i hate that stupid pony stuff. its for babies/girls/guys that like guys.
kay, theres another guy called xyro uploading all the poni videos on youtube, looks like its time for you to get a new name :B

Check mah lazy pinkie butt in spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace.png that I did to warm up for other pictures.

That BG took a grand total of 30 seconds.
nice drawing
the significant amount of plot you put in your pictures always makes me slightly unnerved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom