• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
...you don't actually play 3S do you?
nope, it was before my time, i play ssf4 though, and as far as i know he cant kick in that one either

Apex is looking very unlikely for me at the moment. :( Sorry everypony, I wanted to hang out with you all...
oh noes! :(

Needs to be a Marth texture

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah.
agreed, to both statements

if being bit means you can't go back to full pranked pink... i don't think i want to be bit

is this what they mean when they say "once you go black, you don't go back"?
giggled

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Besides Clinton and Colbert are there any other famous bronies (or people that have mentioned these) in the mainstream media?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
nope, it was before my time, i play ssf4 though, and as far as i know he cant kick in that one either
Dudley's standing HK (also known as a standing roundhouse) is one of his best hit confirms/combo starters in 3S. He can do HK xx LP Machine Gun Blow, HK xx EX Machine Gun Blow -> MK xx Jet Upper, HK xx LP Machine Gun Blow -> MK Ducking Upper xx Super, and a bunch of other stuff.

He can't actually kick but the button configuration doesn't change because of that.

3S: Online Edition is an arcade perfect port of the game that's available on GGPO and XBLA for $15. If you can afford to put together an entire costume, you can afford that much to play this game.

[collapse=What a thrill...]
[/collapse]

EDIT: Clinton is hardly a brony. He got asked questions that were unbelievable easy to answer.

john!

Smash Hero
clinton got asked 3 easy generalized questions about MLP and he got them all

colbet gave bronies a shoutout on his show, probably just for more publicity though

if someone famous actually watched the show... then i'd be hella impressed

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I often find myself forgetting that this is a show originally intended for small children. I'm not sure if I'd feel that odd about telling others.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Dudley's standing HK (also known as a standing roundhouse) is one of his best hit confirms/combo starters in 3S. He can do HK xx LP Machine Gun Blow, HK xx EX Machine Gun Blow -> MK xx Jet Upper, HK xx LP Machine Gun Blow -> MK Ducking Upper xx Super, and a bunch of other stuff.

He can't actually kick but the button configuration doesn't change because of that.

3S: Online Edition is an arcade perfect port of the game that's available on GGPO and XBLA for $15. If you can afford to put together an entire costume, you can afford that much to play this game.
OOUUUH you mean a hardkick XD ive never seen it referred to as a roundhouse before
and its more of a point that im never able to get on the xbox, its in my brothers room, he plays cod ALL DAY and then goes and whines to mum whenever i try to go on. its better to just let it happen
id suck at it anyway haha, ive heard its technical when compared to ssf4, and i struggle so much with the technicalities of 4 as it is XD

MLX brought us pony. Can't believe I forgot him.
trudat
although xyro brigns the pony these days

AXE 09

Smash Master
I haven't even seen last weeks episode. I need to get on that. Was it as awesome as the week before's episode? (Was that proper grammar?)

:phone:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
OOUUUH you mean a hardkick XD ive never seen it referred to as a roundhouse before
and its more of a point that im never able to get on the xbox, its in my brothers room, he plays cod ALL DAY and then goes and whines to mum whenever i try to go on. its better to just let it happen
id suck at it anyway haha, ive heard its technical when compared to ssf4, and i struggle so much with the technicalities of 4 as it is XD
Oh, so you have "I live at home with my family" Johns. That sucks.

The original names for attacks in SF were Jab (LP), Strong (MP), Fierce (HP), Short (LK), Medium (MK), and Roundhouse (HK), and a lot of people still use these abbreviations for it.

3S requires much better execution than SFIV, but it does have some shortcuts that actually make sense (unlike SFIV's shortcuts which are just silly). Once you get used to it, it's not so bad.

Do you play on pad or stick? I'm guessing pad?

I haven't even seen last weeks episode. I need to get on that. Was it as awesome as the week before's episode? (Was that proper grammar?)
It was probably a re-run.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i do, im 18 after all, and both consoles are technically owned by the household as they were christmas presents
even though i bought both wii and xbox, which were then broken by my brother.
younger siblings man, no wonder i dislike the cmc

and go on, what are these shortcuts? because sfiv ones always make me do an ultra instead of an EX srk. which really sucks
and i play on xbox pad. far too into the natural groove of using that to bother buying a stick
besides, it means i can set 4 buttons to shortcuts on tekken and theyre ready for me to press them straight up!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
and go on, what are these shortcuts? because sfiv ones always make me do an ultra instead of an EX srk. which really sucks
and i play on xbox pad. far too into the natural groove of using that to bother buying a stick
besides, it means i can set 4 buttons to shortcuts on tekken and theyre ready for me to press them straight up!
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2010/jan/11/understanding-input-leniency-street-fighter-4/
It's funny that you say you always get an Ultra instead of an EX DP. I had the opposite problem for a long time lol.

What shortcuts do you even need in Tekken? You can do everything with the face buttons alone. The game only uses 4 buttons and afaik you never have to press more than 2 of them at once like Rapid Cancels or Bursts in BB or X-Factor in that one game.

If you find you're hitting a wall with execution on pad, you may want to try out a stick just to see if it makes a difference.

[collapse=Life imitating art]
[/collapse]

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I saw this one on EqD quite a while ago, although the alleged reference is rather subtle and disputable.
What reference?
It must've went right by me.

I might've been too busy chuckling at the semantics. Or the blatant Deadpool cameo. :applejack:
Applejack is sitting in the first/second panel.

So I was told by some random drawfag that drew A Quick Pinkie Pie for me, to draw everyday if I want to improve. Even if I don't feel like drawing, So I guess I shall since I can't play LoL all that much and I catch up with my usual stuff quickly due to all the time I have on my hooves.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Applebloom is now on my list of favorite ponies. She's just really likable and cute and feisty.

(Does the existence of cutie marks disprove the notion of free-will?)

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Cutie marks is what they like to do and enjoy doing, most likely implying the free will of choosing to do so.

Applebloom's manebow is one part why I like her. A little less than Sweetie Belle, and a hell-luv-a-lot-more than Scootaloo.l

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
What if applebloom's cutie mark appears because she likes to search what she likes in order to get her cutie mark?

Would that mean applebloom would help others in order find their cutie mark?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
You gon' see me teleport e'rywhere. Also backthrow->super? Don' get up in mah grill.
I shoulda expected her hyper to be her uncontrollable untapped magical energy.
Also hope that those zoning charms would be player-color-coded cause I'm a be as confused as bad as Diddy dittos.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Pretty cool.
Should've been in bed, but I came across this right as I did. lol.
:applejack:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Portraits, life bars and level-meters looks amazing.
Also, dat music is amazing as well, great mashup of At the Gala and Twilight's theme

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh...that's just part of the sprite cropped so that it's just the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom