• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

vZakat

Half Genie
Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that everyone's been doing nightmare night for years but didn't know who nightmare moon was when she showed up in ep one? The only 2 options is either a) it's bee several years since the first ep and they've been doing nightmare night once a year ever since or b) they were doing nightmare night before nightmare moon's return. I never got the impression that twi has been in ponyville for more than a year. It just seems like some odd inconsistency to me, unless this is everyone's first nightmare night.

Whatever *shrugs*
I'll give my opinion on the episode later.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Did not notice the bat cape thing. OH MY GOD IS THAT OCTAVIA AS A SCARECROW?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
PG's sig is a classic.

ALSO, episode seven spoilers on EqD!
Rainbow Dash finally finds a pet... via contest. How thrilling.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Uh, guys, were there supposed to be any more delays inthe schedule? Next episode is planned to air November 5th, which is two weeks from today.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Am I the only one that thinks it's weird that everyone's been doing nightmare night for years but didn't know who nightmare moon was when she showed up in ep one? The only 2 options is either a) it's bee several years since the first ep and they've been doing nightmare night once a year ever since or b) they were doing nightmare night before nightmare moon's return. I never got the impression that twi has been in ponyville for more than a year. It just seems like some odd inconsistency to me, unless this is everyone's first nightmare night.

Whatever *shrugs*
I'll give my opinion on the episode later.
That's a pretty good observation there Zakat.
I guess I was to wowed over Princess Luna and seeing all the ponies in costumes to think of that.
Here's a few things I have to say regarding this.

a.) I doubt it, but it could be possible that a couple years have passed since Nightmare Moon was defeated. It's hard to say when episodes don't follow a story arc and can go in different order than the episode order. Like that balloon graph (or whatever it's called) that I believe Philomena Lord posted here from EqD a long while ago which showed the supposed order of the episodes in a timeline.

b.) It could be possible that they've been doing this for many years and with nobody knowing who she is, maybe most of them, but not all (like Pinkie), did know who Nightmare Moon was, but were too frightened to speak up.

c.) Otherwise this whole thing can just be considered as an odd inconsistency, like you mentioned, that the creators didn't plan on.

Which one anybody believes from these 3 options is up to them.
Unless there's some answer regarding this from Faust or somebody who works on the show, I don't think we'll ever know for sure.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
We did get Rarity screen time, it was in the opening.
har har

Heh, that's funny. I can't believe I never saw that before.

The "What Japan Thinks of MLP" is funny too. I like how they also immediately thought of Stocking.
over there [america] i heard that MLP is somewhat akin to [our] anime otakus…
No kidding.
you may think it’s for children but then it’s surprisingly deep
there are quite a lot of pushy girls, how very americanish
‘mericans can’t grasp [the concept of] moe

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Man, this episode was great. Luna was so perfect in it, she had better appear again. It was also good seeing Zecora again, she's always welcome in the show.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
b.) It could be possible that they've been doing this for many years and with nobody knowing who she is, maybe most of them, but not all (like Pinkie), did know who Nightmare Moon was, but were too frightened to speak up.
Quite the observation, Zakat. But considering the fact that Ponyvillians reacted the same way in Luna Eclipsed as in The Elements of Harmony, I'll agree with PG about acknowledging who Nightmare Moon is but mighty frightened to speak up. Twilight for Courage.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm thinking it's just a lack of true continuity :B

The only one in the band that actually shows real resemblance is Octavis (same cutie mark even).

Luna eating the apple is too good :4

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
See, Octavia got tired of being all formal and stuff, so she left her classical group and moved to Ponyville to be able to party like Pinkie every day.

That's why she was there.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Another reason I really like this design for Luna is the darker shade of blue is ****ing awesome. It isn't my favorite character but her design makes her my favorite looking character. Her mane makes sense now too.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
When Derpy unplugged the the cork from the apple bucket, I was praying that somehow she also went down with it. That would've been classic cartoon gold. :applejack:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Were these posted yet?

I'm skimming the thread lately cause I keep having to go out and actually do things and not be at my computer and not get to lurk the thread constantly like I normally do and stuff.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
When Derpy unplugged the the cork from the apple bucket, I was praying that somehow she also went down with it. That would've been classic cartoon gold. :applejack:
That would have literally been too good. It would have torn open a hole in the fabric of time and sent us to a place where the show doesn't exist because of how amazing that would have been.

It would have broke physics.

vZakat

Half Genie
That's a pretty good observation there Zakat.
I guess I was to wowed over Princess Luna and seeing all the ponies in costumes to think of that.
Here's a few things I have to say regarding this.

a.) I doubt it, but it could be possible that a couple years have passed since Nightmare Moon was defeated. It's hard to say when episodes don't follow a story arc and can go in different order than the episode order. Like that balloon graph (or whatever it's called) that I believe Philomena Lord posted here from EqD a long while ago which showed the supposed order of the episodes in a timeline.

c.) Otherwise this whole thing can just be considered as an odd inconsistency, like you mentioned, that the creators didn't plan on.

Which one anybody believes from these 3 options is up to them.
Unless there's some answer regarding this from Faust or somebody who works on the show, I don't think we'll ever know for sure.
After thinking about it, the most likely possibility is that they have been doing nightmare night for years but didn't really know what nightmare moon looked like until her appearance (presumably a year ago). Which is why no one (except twilight) know about her then.

john!

Smash Hero
After thinking about it, the most likely possibility is that they have been doing nightmare night for years but didn't really know what nightmare moon looked like until her appearance (presumably a year ago). Which is why no one (except twilight) know about her then.
i thought that too at first, but they had a statue of nightmare moon, and her face was on something (i forget what), so they would have known what she looked like, unless the statue was recently made, which is unlikely because it seemed like a traditional gathering spot

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Pipsqueak: Help! My backside has been gobbled!

Princess Luna: 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!
My favorite quote in the entire episode. I still lose whenever she says it.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
cool story bro

also bronies, its highly likely i will need to share apex hotel rooms with two others as i think only me and one other are coming from uk, please pm me if youre in a similar predicament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom