• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So I saw that Wired video finally.

What the hell is
Zecora
supposed to be dressed as?

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
So I saw that Wired video finally.

What the hell is
Zecora
supposed to be dressed as?
Zecora
, or she-who-shall-not-be-named, is likely some form of
witch doctor
considering all of the
controversy behind her actually being some sort of witch doctor in her first appearance.

But that's just me.

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Hey, my friend told me about that brony thingy in Game Informer just today.

he was pretty....what's the word....maybe too aggressive in his love for MLP? eh, w/e

Anyway, i have to admit tho, i still kinda do that sometimes =( Not to most ppl, just my best friends. Which is strange, because i know i'll never convert them. But it just gets annoying when every other minute they're calling the show or me gay. And yeah, i usually ignore them or even encourage them by acting gay just to have a little fun, but sometimes i just wanna say stfu or punch 'em in the face. I guess i just need to calm down more or something =/
I mean, i just don't get it. I rip on them all the time for liking stuff i think is stupid, and they rip on all kinda of stuff i like that isn't ponies, and i'm just fine with that, i laugh alot of other stuff off. So why can't i just laugh off them saying ponies is girly? I just feel like i'm a huge hothead or something when it comes to ponies.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
lol @ that guy writing to Gameinformer.

Zecora
, or she-who-shall-not-be-named, is likely some form of
witch doctor
considering all of the
controversy behind her actually being some sort of witch doctor in her first appearance.
I thought she dressed up like Storm from X-Men, lulz.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I know the game enough to know what you mean.

But in that case she CAN'T be storm, or else she would have ran away right when that stuff started happening.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Okay after watching that.

That was the most legit evil entrance ever.
If she really wanted to improve her appearance to everypony, she probably should not have made such a legit evil entrance.

Thanks prime.
Maybe she made that kind of entrance and had her transportation look like that to get into the spirit of Nightmare Night.

Cause I mean really Ponies with bat wings isn't normal and I don't think they're some new kind of pony type.

===

Regarding that Game Informer article, I tend to not be too aggressive when defending the show.
For example, I just recently had my Dad listen to Winter Wrap Up and he said "It's a pretty good song... for elementary school kids."
Then he was comparing it to Barney the Dinosaur songs.

In response to that, I just shook my head, rolled my eyes, and said "Whatever, Dad."

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Man, I was gone all day watching scary movies.

Why does cool stuff happen when I'm not around? ; ;

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
Drat, I'm going to a tourney today so I won't be able to watch the episode until later tonight. Man, this is upsetting.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm going to a tourney at around 2:00 today, but I'm not certain I can make it onto the stream on cue.

May have to watch it when it's up on Youtube.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You guys hear that? That's the sound of a billion fanfics bursting into flames. :applejack:

EDIT: BURSTING. INTO. FLAMES.

Also, this episode was decent. Kinda weak in comparison to the last few; definitely the weakest episode of season 2 thus far, but still good.
My favorite part is just how different Luna turned out to be in comparison to all of the fanon. Granted that there's a similar underlying personality in some distinct way, the way she goes about her business is TOTALLY different. This is without a doubt the way I hoped Luna would turn out to be.

PS: The lack of Rarity was incredibly disappointing.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's not similar.
At all.
You clearly haven't read many Lunafics.

Also, Derpy was a bunch of plastic bags. I laughed.
And Carrot Top's outfit looked amazing.

But Zecora was da bess. :applejack:

john!

Smash Hero
ugh, you like zecora, i don't think we're ever going to agree on which ponies are awesome and which aren't.

i hope there's more luna this season so i can see her when she's adjusted to ponyville life. for now, i'll have to conduct personality analysis on this episode alone

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Never said Luna wasn't awesome.
She's just not FanonLuna.

In fact, how DIFFERENT CanonLuna is from FanonLuna is THE REASON I like her more now. I'd have been irritated if it was even a smidgen closer. :applejack:

PS: That white pony dressed as a vampire was the cutest ****ing thing on this episode.
Rewatching, and lol'd when Big Mac just kinda strolled in casual as **** when Luna cancelled Nightmare Night.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I...thought that people were aware of that.
In any case, I'm wondering whether or not she'll show up again.

If Trixie fails to make a second appearance before Luna though, I'll be the saddest pony.
And that's probably the most likely thing to happen. :applejack:

john!

Smash Hero
yeah but some people were asking about it in the xat so i figured i would post that here

i'm down for another trixie appearance, but luna's character seems underdeveloped. it would be a shame for her to never appear again after the citizens of ponyville finally accept her

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Damn can't watch it a second time, cause of new time, TV gets jacked after the first showing. Not gonna bother with streams.

Derpy actually being derp. Though they did refill the bobbing-for-apples. Pipsqueak for new name, but another possible one shot role. Else cameos. I missed a lot of costumes though, again gon' wait til Friday's HUB upload.

Luna was brought as socially awkward as I expected to be (considering 1000 years) so cute especially with her playing "games" and having "fun". Even though it was spiders (shudder), "HOW MANY POINTS DO I GET?!" *SMILE*

LUNA. TAKE MY CANDY.

{PG theorized Luna being voiced by Tabitha St. Germaine* due to royal-like decree voice, and based off that theory I theorize that they did not want to give the VA too much stress (or too much role), decided that Rarity wouldn't have a part in the episode especially with Luna's booming voice.}

I'd hope for more Luna, but they'll probably call on Luna for a cameo help (just like Zecora was in Swarm of the Century as an example). Trixie and Gilda at least need a return (each with their own drops of Trixie wanting to return (with a vengence) and Gilda saying if Dash ever decides not to be a flip flop).

I want to type more but I already lost my train of thought.

Edit: "I'm gonna do what I do best. LECTURE her." I have the weirdest butterflies in my stomach. Also Fluttershy got so abused.

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't follow all the fanon and stuff much, but from what Luna's been through, I thought she was fine, and I hope she appears more.

Also, a gif of Pinkie running like a chicken would be nice XD

This episode made me happy.
I enjoyed it as well

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Everything in this episode is another reason October for being my favorite month.

Gonna pro'lly be referring everything to Nightmare Night.

Nightmare Night
What a fright
Give us something sweet to bite.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@john: I feel old now. ;-;

And yeah, it'd be a waste, but then again, it's a move I wouldn't be surprised they'd take. They haven't brought back a few characters that have potential (COUGHSAPPHIRESHORESCOUGH).
@BSP: Luna's fine in both the fanon and the canon. Their psyches are just completely different.

Phantom Gamer

I...thought that people were aware of that.
In any case, I'm wondering whether or not she'll show up again.

If Trixie fails to make a second appearance before Luna though, I'll be the saddest pony.
And that's probably the most likely thing to happen. :applejack:
I wasn't aware of it. :(
I'm not sure how I would've known.

No Rarity, I was so sad. *look to avi*
:phone:
I figure this is because since Tabitha St. Germaine voices Luna it would be hard on her voice to do all of Luna's lines (specially with that yelling voice) and plenty of Rarity dialogue.

Sure Pinkie Pie's/Fluttershy's & Dash's/Ajay's VAs probably have done just as much dialogue for both of their characters, but maybe it's more difficult for her?

Either way I am saddened that there was no Rarity either.

====

Anyways, I loved the episode. I'm not sure yet where to rank it amongst the rest of Season 2.
This episode was great seeing all the ponies in different costumes.
I really can't compare/contrast canonLuna with fanonLuna since I haven't read much Lunafiction, but either way I loved everything about her.
Though I was boggled/uncertain of how her voice was gonna be at first when she was "yelling" in the beginning and I didn't understand why she said "we" and "us" till I watched a second time and heard Luna bring it up.
I loved how she looks, specially her mane, her voice, basically all of her.

Sadly there's some costumed pony's that I missed, so many ponies on screen to keep track of. Like I missed Applebloom till I watched that clip on Underwire again.

Twilight and Fluttershy was funny. Dash seemed definitely more like a ***** than usual to me. All the more enjoyable when Luna did it to her.
Pinkie laying a Spike egg was great.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
If it really was Tabitha

I wouldn't want to ruin her voice with the stress of Luna's bellows and especially Rarity's adorable screaming and wailing. Then again, they tend to reuse voice clips.

Well I'll probably just wait for a master list of pony : costumes before I go scavenger hunting for 'em.

Edit: Despite being "terrifyingly majestic" (see post below) Luna just wants to be loved ♥

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Omg loooooooved the episode. Not as good as Lesson Zero, but still a great episode. For some reason, i never took into account that Luna would try to act terrifyingly majestic, so it made me love her all the more :3
Also, i had no idea royals referred to themselves as we =/

As for costumes, every time Twi got mad that someone didn't recognize who she was, it reminded me of a bad cosplayer or something XD. Ajay's was cool. Same with Dash. Pinkie nearly killed me the whole episode XD
The CMC were cool. I wish Scoots woulda dressed up as a chicken tho =P

Also, RETURN OF ZECORA WOOHOO! That means there may be hope for Trixie, Philomena, and other side characters =D

Pipsqueak was awesome imo (and adorbs) i hope he comes back. Maybe he'll help the CMC with something.

I reeeeeaalllllyyyyy hope this isn't the last time we see Luna tho :(

EDIT: also, when Luna was asking what fun was, i was dying laughing thinking about the F.U.N. song from Spongebob

Phantom Gamer

I of course hope for more of Luna, which I'm sure there should be according to that interview like a month or two back that Zakat has brought up a couple times before.

Also I know Tabitha voices Luna, I just wasn't certain at first because of the lack of Rarity in the episode.
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/pony-voice-actor-charts.html

Edit:
Also Dash might go down a rank from today's episode.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Didn't know it came up back to back AGAIN after Pound Puppies.
Watching it for the 4th time now. That white mare actually has a devil costume on. This cute as ****. :applejack:

Funny how Pinkie runs EVERYWHERE like a chicken.

EDIT: When Nightmare Moon says "Be that Way" after no one greets her in Ponyville.
Tabby let a bit of Rarity slip into that. And by a bit, I mean EVERYTHING.

Cherished Doll

Smash Master
I loved it! LUNA was.fantastic!!!!! Her mane!!!! Omgg and I, loved how she spoke!! Mmmm I like luna a lot
Zecora returning was epic loved her mane also o.o
Did fluttershy dress up ? I dont think I saw a costume... Omggg pinkie pie was so funny!!!!!! Lol

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom