• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Yeah but Zajice is too good, it almost takes away all drive to draw anything. The only thing that keeps me going is the thought of drawing something that no one (that I've seen) has drawn before, so I won't just be drawing/sketching ponies from the show.
So?
That didn't stop me, but I do understand that Zajice's awesome artwork can put all of our artwork to shame. You'll just have to look past that and just try to draw something.

Also I'm curious how would you draw something? Would you draw on paper first and then scan it (if you wouldn't scan it then how would you get it on your computer?) or would you draw from paint or another drawing program? Whereas I used the drawing program, Gimp, to make that artwork that I posted two pages ago.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
So?
That didn't stop me, but I do understand that Zajice's awesome artwork can put all of our artwork to shame. You'll just have to look past that and just try to draw something.

Also I'm curious how would you draw something? Would you draw on paper first and then scan it (if you wouldn't scan it then how would you get it on your computer?) or would you draw from paint or another drawing program? Whereas I used the drawing program, Gimp, to make that artwork that I posted two pages ago.
It's not gonna stop me either, it's just something that we all I have to cope with, lol.

My current plans are to draw/sketch on paper and then scan, but if I encounter problems with that I'll just try to find my brother's tablet and make an attempt to redraw it in Paint or something. I'm not too experienced with getting pictures on a computer either, so I'm just gonna have to Pegasus-wing it.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Here you go Xyless. this is what I used as a reference when drawing Pinkie Pie, specifically the "Poni Shapes 2" link. I also used a couple of pictures of Pinkie Pie so I knew how she looked, although none of the pics I had of Pinkie Pie were great since they clashed a bit (mostly with her mane).

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/01/pony-drawing-guides.html

Edit: You could use this as a reference too Phoenix.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I just bookmarked that page, some of those guides seem rather helpful. The colour ones, not so much. I don't plan on colouring at the moment 'cuz I know I'll just mess up my whole picture. Plus I don't have Photoshop, and it seems like that's needed for some of those guides.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
My method is sketching first, then I use Paint.net as a freeware drawing program to refine it.

Also thanks much to y'all for those shape references for future use, sucks that it's too late for my Twilight Sparkle :<

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yeah.
I'm leaving class early to watch the livestream bahaha.

T-block! After he switched over, theres only 2 people left in the puff boards w/o a pony av. So amazing.

I saved that guide Zaj. Beastin'.

Anyone have a link to the stream today?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Draw Angel as a pony.

I have been forced to go to the mall. I don't think I'll be able to make it to a tv in an hour T_T

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
That'd be clutch.
Go to Best Buy.

Hm.. does this get cable...

5 MINUTES! PONIES PONIES PONIES.

lmao. I would die laughing.
Seriously though. I'm so excited.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Since I have the day off today, I'll be able to watch it on TV for the first time. :D

I chose ponies over a slip-n-slide event at this church.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hahaha
A wise choice.

I chose ponies over class.

preparing to leave. I'm assuming we can just go on the xat and they'll have a link for the livestream.
OR ED will have one.

Croi

Smash Lord
Paging T-Block

Pick your poison. Just so you know, I didn't do these; I read your plight and heralded the message to a fellow brony who came to your rescue.

He also wants me to e-slap you because he had this song stuck in his head all day.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Watching it live on TV.
Spike's sodium levels are through the roof, Pinkie Pie made a lol, and the fans have more fodder for RD and Scoots abuse relationship.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Oh god, Spike with a top hat and mustache. This is gonna be good.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I haven't seen someone **** up so hard in MLP ever.
Spike's ********. lol.

Also, I'm surprised they allowed the implication of a dead animal bleeding out on the channel.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Sooo, does this mean
that the owl is going to be a regular character now?

I mean he's a cool guy and all but he seems out of place.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The episode was okay.
We've been far overdue for a Spike episode, so I'm glad it happened.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Still awake and haven't slept since 5 PM yesterday, i'll watch the episode once I wake up...
Actually, Right now doing too many things at once trying to plan for WHGU6, With the way things are going I don't think i'd need sleep. Some pony give me loud music or something to keep myself entertained for 4 more hours.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Slush, you didn't watch the episode?

Overall, it was okay. It wasn't great, and it wasn't something amazing, but like I said earlier, we kinda needed a Spike episode, so I'm glad this happened, even though it meant Applejack got less than 20 seconds of total screen time, and less than two lines of dialogue. :<

The only episode weaker than this IMO is the pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom