• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
they must release a recipe for spike's cookies OuO
it looks so delicious

personally i don't like jealousy episodes, pinkie pie to gilda was close, but as agreed, she was a ***** for pinkie to even be jealous

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
man you guys are weird.

all of this obsessively detailed criticism and ranking isn't needed.

why can't you just ... watch the show.

Xyless

Smash Master
Sup Tuuts, figured you'd join in eventually (Michigan can't resist).

Also why did Twilight say "O M G" on this episode? So wrong on so many levels.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Haven't slept since yesterday around 5 PM, so I haven't seen the episode.
Though i'm about to pass out and probably not awaken from my slumber until 5 AM...

Dru2

Hail to the King
NNID
DruetheDruid
3DS FC
0189-9845-3398
Finished watching the new ep.

No offense, but pretty stupid epsiode imo.
Something about that owl, not sure what, just makes me hate it.
Also, since it didn't leave to go elsewhere after it ended, does this mean the owl is staying? I really hope it doesn't >.>
and @Xyless i completely agree. Way out of place for MLP.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Thanks Zajice for posting the other drawing guide. I'll need all the help I can get.

My method is sketching first, then I use Paint.net as a freeware drawing program to refine it.
Hmmmm... I might try to draw ponies on paper as well. Not sure if a lot of the art on ponibooru was drawn on paper first, scanned to a computer, and colored/altered. Also if that's the case I didn't know how you could alter a scanned pic; since whenever I scanned anything before it shows on adobe reader IIRC, which wouldn't allow any editting.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Hmmmm... I might try to draw ponies on paper as well. Not sure if a lot of the art on ponibooru was drawn on paper first, scanned to a computer, and colored/altered. Also if that's the case I didn't know how you could alter a scanned pic; since whenever I scanned anything before it shows on adobe reader IIRC, which wouldn't allow any editting.
When you scan, do you save it to your computer as an image like a .jpg? Rather if there is any options of your scanner to save as an image or do a "Save as..." in your Adove Reader?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I might be the only person that enjoyed this new episode, it was a refreshing change of pace and Spike had some good moments.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
Just finished the new ep.
It was weak...didn't really feel like the rest of them do.

But it's okay. It was still better than most of the stuff on TV.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Croi: That's what they want you to think. :p
mad: Not many people hate this episode. It was enjoyable. It just wasn't incredible.

Oh, and apparently this episode was written by the same guy who did Griffin the Brush Off. Funny that they're almost the same overall idea, too.

I also forgot about the Quill and Sofa shop. That actually kinda made me laugh. It's so impractical, but it apparently works.

Phantom Gamer

Overall the ep. seemed okay. I'll have to watch it again before making my final judgement.
After all a lot of people here didn't care too much for the ep. "Over a Barrel" until after watching it a few times.

A couple of things I wanted to say about that owl:
At first I thought that owl was a she because of those eyelashes. Once I found out it was a he I was like "Huh?"
IMO the owl's design looked cute enough, although throughout the episode I was wondering if that owl was actually planning something or was secretly evil. DAT HEAD SPIN = "creepy" ;)

Edit: Interesting that this ep. had the same guy who wrote Griffin the Brush Off. I also really liked Pinkie's pun in the beginning. It made me lol. :grin:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
The shop, Pinkie Pie's joke, and a few other things were really good. This episode had a normal rate of really good things in it, but I just don't feel like it was put together as well as the rest of them.

Also, I swear Spike is a descendant from someone living in Houston, he had that Houston-Instant-Salt that a lot of our players have around potential rivals.

I'm thinking Illmatic is his
great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather.

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
I thought this episode was pretty good. The idea of a Quill and Sofa shop was funny, as was Spike's evil outfit (complete with evil mustache twirling). Plus, Aloysius is an awesome name for an owl, even if his head spinning was creepy.

And Spike spiked the punch, lol.

john!

Smash Hero
nice drawing phantom, if you want the lines to be smooth then you should learn about paths in gimp :oneeye:

i'll watch the episode sometime tonight. is it really not as good as the others? :(

Phoenix Lord'

Lord' of the Night
Premium
NNID
HououDaimyo1010
3DS FC
3780-9286-8943
It was a pretty good episode, it had a lot of funny moments and was overall very enjoyable (Plus it's finally a Spike episode). Unfortunately, it had the terrible luck of airing after the Cutie Mark Chronicles. It never stood a chance, the poor thing.

Geoberos

NNID
Geoberos
Wait. What time was it on?
Apparently from looking at the HUB website times, I got this much out of it. Unless I missed a lot, it doesn't show that often.

Saturday 08:30 AM
Monday 12:30 PM
Friday 12:30 PM (New Episode)
Sunday 08:30 AM

*Central Time

Phantom Gamer

@john!: Thanks.
Paths eh? I'll have to look into that for Gimp. I haven't used Gimp too much yet.
Otherwise I'll try drawing on paper and using Paint.net that DVC mentioned earlier.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Seems the general consensus is that this episode was ok tier. I wasn't really looking forward to it when it was announced either.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I liked it a bit over the borderline/average/meh episodes. T'was lacking a tad in substance, but definitely had its moments.

[collapse="I suck at opinions/ignore this"]
[/collapse]

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR SO LONG!!

Two days without my bronies is too much :(

Status
Not open for further replies.