• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It was a pretty good episode, It sits just below the return of harmony for me, The biggest conclusion i drew from this was that spike needs headgear/facial hair to be good

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Twilight would make a great travel companion. I would listen to her all day~ TEACH ME
Yeah, I'd like to listen to Twilight talk about what she knows. That'd be cool, for those of us who like learning ( :glare: I'm looking at you, Leaf)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAwMvjk1Kvg

Tough decision. Either Rainbow Dash or Twilight.
I like that vid. Hmmm...Twilight, most likely. Perhaps Pinkie Pie or RD as a second choice.

I'm trying not to look at this conversation sexually, but it's really hard.
I'd given up long, long ago.

Well now you got me thinking that they should make an Ask Dainbow Rash tumblr just for some good ole' fashioned Scootabuse. Swag.
I see nothing wrong with Bloomabuse.
Bloomabuse > Scootabuse
What is WRONG with you people? Applebloom and Scootaloo don't deserve this. ESPECIALLY not Scootaloo.

I have less of a problem with Sweetabuse.

No one takes Scootaloo's scooter!

:phone:
Exactly what I thought! *brohoof*

Leaf can take comfort in knowing that at least Spike wants him.
I don't get it.

I imagine so many gifs coming from this episode. The "teleport Spike back to me" has so much gif hilarity potential. It's absurd. :applejack:
That was one of my favorite parts. Twilight is so OP.

First attempt at using gimp, put a santa hat on scootaloo.
It was comparable to eating soup w/ a fork.
It's Scootaloo. With a Santa hat. It's already amazing. :) Seriously, though, good job.

===

I'm sad that this episode was soooooooo quickly and accurate predicted. I mean, I know we have more forsight than the target audience, but I'd still like to be surprised when I watch this show. :(

Overall, it was an okay episode, I think. There were a good amount of good moments, but the predictability kind of kills it for me. Ah well.

Sorry for the long post. This thread moves really fast, though.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I actually saw that first time through, Anthon. I had a moment of confusion at that second, haha.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
I like the episode, my new 2nd favorite of the season behind Lesson Zero. I am kinda said though because I think this episode is implying that Spike will become like this one day and there being nothing to stop it.
-
When Applejack had that leaf mustache and said "Twilight get my rope" was that a reference to something?
Naw dawg, that's only if he's overtaken by greed to form into a vicious monster as Zecora noted. Also, How To Train Your Dragon. Raise your dragon right.

Familiar but I can't really get my mind on it. Almost wants to say Indiana Jones -esque kind of movie character.

Also I've just stared to notice how god damn adorable Twilight is "The Art of the Todo List, actually I kinda wanta read that again."
That voice is just too cute.
Twilight IS god damn adorable. Everything she does is adorable. Tara Strong's voice does mega justice.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This is all lauren faust has done.

Year|Films |Title Role
1994| Home, Honey, I'm High| voice
1997| Cats Don't Dance| animator - "Sawyer"
1998| Quest for Camelot| animator - United States
1999| The Iron Giant| animator
2002 |The Powerpuff Girls Movie| writer

Years|Televison| Title Role
1995| The Maxx| character layout artist
2001| Codename: Kids Next Door |walk cycles, Episode: No P in the OOL
2001-2004| The Powerpuff Girls| storyboard artist, writer, director, supervising director
2004-2009| Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends| developer, supervising producer, writer, story, story supervisor, storyboard artist, character designer, animation director, story editor
2010-| My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic| developer, executive producer, storyboard artist, creative director (Season 1), consulting producer (Season 2)
2012-| Super Best Friends Forever

So, your a lauren faust fan, Ruby?

Like, powerpuff girls and all else she has done?
Do you aim to be just like her?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Four titles and two movies that were among my favorites in my youth. I am hooked on Faust.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I knew she did fosters, I also knew she did PPG. But Was also on Iron giant AND KND!
Therein lies a list of my favourite ****, Faust needs to be nominated for something

vZakat

Half Genie
I feel like we praise Faust way too much on some stuff. Being an animator on something doesn't mean that she had any major contributions to the show/film/whatever. I feel like people just see here name somewhere in the credits of something then instantly attribute everything to her. It's just slightly annoying to me.

Didn't hate the new ep but I didn't particularly love it either. We always new spike liked rarity but the seem to be implying that rarity may have some for spike too. Sort of a "way til you get older" type of thing. It just seemed rather sudden or there just so the king kong reference would make more sense. I did like the fantasia reference in the music during twilight's book organizing scene.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Faust's personal repertoire is pretty good, but we have to remember that she also had some influence on most of McCracken's work since they're...you know, married. We have to remember that McCracken worked on a a lot of CN content. It was good. :applejack:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyup.

He has done amazing things indeed.

Year|Film| Title Role
1992 |Whoop*** Stew!| creator, director, writer, animator
1997| No Neck Joe| creator, writer, director
1999 |Dexter's Laboratory: Ego Trip| writer
2002 |The Powerpuff Girls Movie| creator, writer, director, executive producer, storyboard artist, character designer
2008| The Powerpuff Girls Rule!!!| writer, director, executive producer, story editor, storyboard artist, character designer

Year|Television| Title Role
1993-1995| 2 Stupid Dogs| art director, storyboard artist
1995-1997 |What a Cartoon!| writer, director, art director
1995-1996 |Dumb and Dumber| character designer
1996-1998 |Dexter's Laboratory| director, art director, model designer, storyboard artist
1998-2008 |The Powerpuff Girls |creator, executive producer, writer, director
2004-2009| Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends creator, executive producer, developer, writer, director, story editor
2009| Chowder| writer, storyboard artist (Episode: The Birthday Suits)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Wait...If they're married, then surely she's called lauren mcCraken?
but barring adventure time, these two are running a monopoly on the cartoon industry XD

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
This is all lauren faust has done.

Year|Films |Title Role
1994| Home, Honey, I'm High| voice
1997| Cats Don't Dance| animator - "Sawyer"
1998| Quest for Camelot| animator - United States
1999| The Iron Giant| animator
2002 |The Powerpuff Girls Movie| writer

Years|Televison| Title Role
1995| The Maxx| character layout artist
2001| Codename: Kids Next Door |walk cycles, Episode: No P in the OOL
2001-2004| The Powerpuff Girls| storyboard artist, writer, director, supervising director
2004-2009| Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends| developer, supervising producer, writer, story, story supervisor, storyboard artist, character designer, animation director, story editor
2010-| My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic| developer, executive producer, storyboard artist, creative director (Season 1), consulting producer (Season 2)
2012-| Super Best Friends Forever

So, your a lauren faust fan, Ruby?

Like, powerpuff girls and all else she has done?
Do you aim to be just like her?
PPG was a very smart, funny parody of sentai, which I'm also a pretty big fan of. Also; lots of self-parody, which is awesome.

No, I don't want to be just like her. I just REALLY like PPG/Fostors/KND/Iron Giant/MLP

Heartstring

Smash Legend
PPG is one of those shows which really needs to be on TV still, looking back on things i notice little jokes which a kid would miss totally, try looking up robin on PPG
blossom: The professor made us in his lab by accident
Robin: That's okay, my parents say i was an accident too

or something to that gist, its brilliant writing

M!nt

Smash Champion
Hated KND and Chowder, PPG was ok I watched it a ton, but there was often better things on, Dexters Lab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (squee of joy) BEST
Iron Giant was cool so was Ego Trip

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
KND was amazing.

My favorite shows in rough order were:

Dexter's Lab
Samurai Jack
Gargoyles
Darkwing Duck
Pinky and the Brain
Power Puff Girls
Johnny Bravo
KND
Foster's
Courage the Cowardly Dog

These all rate pretty significantly higher than my favorite anime. The more I think about it, the more I realize I've always been a western animation fanboy at heart.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hated KND and Chowder, PPG was ok I watched it a ton, but there was often better things on, Dexters Lab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (squee of joy) BEST
Iron Giant was cool so was Ego Trip
I know someone now working on mlp previously played a large part in dexter's lab too. Ill be damned if i pinpoint who it was though
And what, hating KND? that was one of my favourites!

Because all women take their husbands' names when they get married.
Well...yeah, I thought that was kinda a given when you got married. I've yet to come across a woman which has gone against that rule *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom