• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You must've not read my post, john...
I won't read it cause A) It's a fanfic and I don't really like fanfics that bore me, longwinded stuff with nothing exciting happening, or sad boohoo stories of humans + Ponies. B) It's about Rainbow Dash C) I've seen the images so I already know what the rest is most likely going to be about.

Find boks
Years of taking care of RD as she grows up
She eventually finds out who she is
Boohoo i Sorreh i r nevah tell yah
Everyone else comes, TIME TO GO HOME
Moar boohoo
Best years of meh LIEF
Time to live on.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So spike has to be greedy to grow?

That kinda sucks :/

Enjoyed the episode
I dunno, I think just anything He gets and wants more of would work, not really greed?

"Sex was great! I WANT MORE!"
>***** all the ponies and grows bigger in the process to where he can only **** his own kind.
>inb4glitterglue/weavercomic

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's in interesting take on the dragon lore in the canon universe of the show.
It makes the dragons in Dragonshy and Owls Well that Ends Well seem less like anti-heroes, and more like tragic characters. :applejack:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
AJ didn't give Spike a blanket.
That's a tablecloth.

Pegasi save the day, of course.

Obvious spike is obvious.

Episode wasn't my favorite of the season, but it doesn't have any reason not to be, I only like other episodes more. It was really good.

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I was definitely using a checkered table cloth with apples on it over Thanksgiving too, so he's gonna have to give it up for a day while we eat off of it.

Colgate/I think it was Lily almost died when they ran into each other and nearly got stomped by Spike.

Dragons are ****ing scary.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Episode was mare-velous.

I absolutely lost when Twilight awoke to Spike under the pile of items. Pinkie Pie's facial expressions were too good, and here lines weren't anything less of that either. Rarity was okay this episode, did not expect what happened near the end of the episode. Applejack's line when Spike trampled through, killed me.

I'm also enthralled by the new pony; I cannot recall her name, but it was the one Spike indirectly demanded flowers from. Doctor and Vet ponies were alright. Great seeing more Zecora, and I somehow anticipated pegasi coming to attempt a rescue, but not the Wonderbolts. Not a bad episode, but not my favorite; definitely among top 4 on my list.

BSP

Smash Legend
I dunno, I think just anything He gets and wants more of would work, not really greed?
But then he keeps wanting and wanting and doesn't stop. Sounds greedy if you ask me.

It makes the dragons in Dragonshy and Owls Well that Ends Well seem less like anti-heroes, and more like tragic characters. :applejack:
Yeah, that sucks for them.

Apparently, wanting stuff turns them from small and harmless to humongous and ravenous in a day :urg:

Oh, and when Twilight kept teleporting Spike back to her when he tried to run -- :laugh: It's a good thing she's not an evil pony, or else everypony would be screwed

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thanks, Zaj. The King Kong allusion was moderately laughable, though I expected the climax to be a bit more fascinating. I enjoyed how Spike's avarice subsided, though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Vet pony was awesome. LOVED her voice.
Also, I wasn't surprised by the King Kong thing, but whoever called the Wonderbolts coming in to try and stop him (I KNOW someone did in here) deserves a "pony of the week" award for being able to call that ****. I honestly didn't think they were gonna do that.

I imagine so many gifs coming from this episode. The "teleport Spike back to me" has so much gif hilarity potential. It's absurd. :applejack:

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Also, I wasn't surprised by the King Kong thing, but whoever called the Wonderbolts coming in to try and stop him (I KNOW someone did in here) deserves a "pony of the week" award for being able to call that ****. I honestly didn't think they were gonna do that.

I imagine so many gifs coming from this episode. The "teleport Spike back to me" has so much gif hilarity potential. It's absurd. :applejack:
you missed the most important gif chance,
portal pinkie is now canon

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like the way they animated Pinkie reaching for her cabinet to grab the cakes.
Somethin' about it was just cute. :applejack:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Hay guise, Lauren Faust fanboy hurr. Came across all of S1 in MKV. Which program(s) do you guise use to convert lossless video to something more manageable? MKV is totally fine for home use, but I want to compress the **** out of my vidya so I can watch some ponies on my phone.

wat do.

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Hilarious episode. I knew there would be a King Kong reference somewhere.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
So spike has to be greedy to grow?

That kinda sucks :/
I more saw it that greed was the was the quickest catalyst into becoming a typical dragon, considering their treasure trove collection. I wouldn't be surprised if dragons such as that in Dragonshy and Owl's Well That Ends Well were fairly young as well. I kinda want to apply the Tortoise and the Hare logic in this idea of Spike's greedy growth. Long loving nature doth give a baby dragon a proper growth.

Kinda does, makes it wonder when they became greedy. If they grew up on their own or under their parents and naturally brought up greedy. Or dragon eggs used in the Magical School for Gifted Unicorns whether they were neglected, became spoiled, or maybe brought up well.

AJ didn't give Spike a blanket.
That's a tablecloth.

Pegasi save the day, of course.
But at least it's the official apple design used for AJ throughout the series and products. So yay~

I hoped that was Soarin', but I didn't really like the way that mane looked. It wasn't. Like Soarin's.

Oh, and when Twilight kept teleporting Spike back to her when he tried to run -- :laugh: It's a good thing she's not an evil pony, or else everypony would be screwed
You cannot run from Twilight~

I think Alex Strife called the King Kong reference here, but I forgot who called the Wonderbolts after that.

I like the way they animated Pinkie reaching for her cabinet to grab the cakes.
Somethin' about it was just cute. :applejack:
They threw cake in Sweet and Elite. Everything about throwing cakes is adorable. Pinkie Pie made that whole scene five sugar bags sweeter.

Hay guise, Lauren Faust fanboy hurr. Came across all of S1 in MKV. Which program(s) do you guise use to convert lossless video to something more manageable? MKV is totally fine for home use, but I want to compress the **** out of my vidya so I can watch some ponies on my phone.

wat do.
I'd put episodes on my phone, but don't really need to or spend time doing so. I don't want to really invest putting completely HD on mobile devices, and I'd be fine with SD rips such as .avi for mobile use.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Watched the episode again, and recognized; Spike mocking Rarity on the mountain, my favorite part of the episode, uncontested. I cannot wait for the gifs to come.

Welcome to the herd, Rubyiris.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Haven't watched it all yet, but Rarity totally wants spike's ****
Twilight needs to get off spikes back damn stalker
fedora spike is best spike
O.o teen spike do not want

Gates

Banned via Warnings
This episode was ****ing terrible.

I should really stop wishing for episodes about Spike. This series is great when it has episodes that are character studies, but really those episodes are all about the characters' flaws, and Spike gets so little screen time anyway they have to invent flaws for him which makes him end up looking terrible.

For those who still haven't seen it yet, the episode can be split into 3 parts.

Part 1 - Spike is a genuinely kind young dragon who got excited by more than one person celebrating his birthday that year and liked the attention a little too much.
Part 2 - Unfortunately, one of his gifts was an Orange Lantern Ring which infused him with an insatiable greed and he became a kleptomaniac.
Part 3 - Then the episode turns into King Kong. Scene for scene.

This wasn't nearly as bad of a character assassination episode as Owls Well That Ends Well, which portrayed Spike as a whiny, self-absorbed *******. His greed in this episode is partially explained as just being a natural part of a dragon's biological growth, which is consistent with the hoards of the other dragons we've seen in this show. We also got to see a glimpse of Spike as a full-grown dragon, which was cool but it was odd that he didn't have wings.

Maybe it'll grow on me, but my initial opinion of this episode is still very low.

Now here's some obvious jokes.

[collapse=MINE!]
[/collapse]
[collapse=Maybe Spike would be some sort of world-gorging dragon]

[collapse=Better get some of these for that last one]

[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[collapse=#swag]

[/collapse]

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
When I saw that it made me think of portal in a way.
=====

I loved the episode.
For me my favorite line this episode was from Pinkie.
"I'm not giving him cake, I'm assaulting him with cake!"

I thought Ajay was supposed to lasso him, not have her and Twi end up in a bondage shot.
Lastly I considered that hat to be more of a pimp hat with that feather than a fedora, thus Pimp Spike is best Spike then.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I like the episode, my new 2nd favorite of the season behind Lesson Zero. I am kinda said though because I think this episode is implying that Spike will become like this one day and there being nothing to stop it.
-
When Applejack had that leaf mustache and said "Twilight get my rope" was that a reference to something?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I like the episode, my new 2nd favorite of the season behind Lesson Zero. I am kinda said though because I think this episode is implying that Spike will become like this one day and there being nothing to stop it.
-
When Applejack had that leaf mustache and said "Twilight get my rope" was that a reference to something?
Not that I'm aware of. Although I did recognize the tone Applejack used with it, and it's very familiar. Cannnot put my hoof on it for certain.

Jeez, I have to be the one to find it.

MLP:FiM - Season 2/Episode 10 - Secret of My Excess

I'm watching the episode now.
It was up on EqD within an hour or so following it's television premier. I highly suggest making resource of it next time, as the thread moves at a pace, subsequently after a new episode, and/or incited discussion. Questions are buried rather quickly, if you haven't noticed. Enjoy the episode. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom