• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My CPU Just Wavedashed

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I was playing a level 4 CPU Fox, and he kept air dodging off the edge. After a bit of this, however, he came at me with a waveland. Yikes!

But the biggest surprise was that shortly after, the CPU performed a pristine wavedash, not leaving the ground and covering huge distance! A pity I wasn't recording at the time.

The question now is: can CPUs learn?

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yes, they evolve as you do. They are taking notes and adjusting to your playstyle. They will tech your dairs, chain grab you and even gimp you soon. They evolve even more quickly on wii consoles.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
i heard a rumor that if you erase your file and start fresh using AT's 100% of the time you can actually get your falco cpu's to short hop lazer O.o

kpm91

Smash Cadet
ya its true. i see my cpu's wavedash, fox and falco both do SHL, chaingrab and on a few occaisons, fox shine nair'd me lol.

soju

SD God
freaking luigi wavelanded once into a up-b, missed though XD

my guess was that it thought it was off the stage. . . but that doesnt
explain why it up-b'ed. . . CPUs never do that. . .

either that, or WEEGEE POWAHHHH!!!!!!

Steelia

Smash Champion
I play Mewtwo pretty often. An older tactic of mine was to spam my aerial-A when I used Event Match 51 as a warm-up session (works wonders against that massive Giga Bowser and up-B-ing Ganon).

Now, blasted Mewtwos I fight are all abusing that aerial A... Even my bros noticed this, and are getting really pissed off by how well they time it. Using it as they fall, using it after being kicked up a little into the air, even jumping and using it for the 'ell of it! XD

soju

SD God
>.> CPUs dont learn....
theyve been doing the exact same noob tactics for years...
nonsense, your CPU's have advanced AI and are just tricking you into thinking theyre their stupid old selves

When the moment is right, they will strike. . .

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
My Marth Mew2King my *** on battlefield a few times when I was using Falco. He use to Be a Jab happy fool but now my Marth grabs more and throws upward. Against Foxes and Falco's he'll actually Regrab and upthrow me again so he can chain grab now to some extent. But yea if he throws me off the edge he always jabs my SideB or UpB. Which is good training I guess....but it's gay. My Fox and other characters have also started CG's but my Falco and Fox do SH lasers ever minute or 2. They don't wavedash but sometimes waveland and waveland on platforms. My Falcon will Moonwalk, My Sheik will Amsah Nair gimp me sometimes. Fox Zelgadis special'd me once! but it was amazing however my foxes usually shine spike me now which has given me amazing ledgetech training..lol but yeah my Falco sometimes pilars and will perfectly time Dair me when I'm recovering. 2 Characters that refuse to change however are my Falcon and Ganon. Ganon remains the most unchanged. My Falcon will sometimes do something amazing followed by a SideB off the edge.....everyone else has picked up something over the past....8 years....

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
cpus sometimes do amazing **** randomly, its pretty funny
i once had a cpu in ssb64 do a 2x uair->dair of the stage combo, but then he up-b'd the wrong direction and killed himself
i couldnt stop laughing

CloneHat

Smash Champion
They coincidentally start doing things they've never done before after I've been doing them, so my brain is telling me they're copying me.

X1-12

Smash Champion
They coincidentally start doing things they've never done before after I've been doing them, so my brain is telling me they're copying me.
sometimes they don't do things until you do them because they're programmed not to do it until you do it

Geist

Smash Master
Wait, so they were already programed to drillshine?
No, the CPU's are programmed to execute commands in certain situations. For example, drillshining could be the product of approaching the computer with an arial (so he short hops) followed by being in the right proximity where the computer tells fox to dair.
The Lcancel would be an attempt to shield an oncoming attack, etc etc.

All techs are is the computer attempting to air dodge after you hit it.

L__

Smash Master
once i was playing a lvl 9 falcon and it moonwalk reverse naired to shffl uair kneed me

I THINK THE GAME LURNZ PPL

BCUZ THE GAIMKUUB UZES A CD AND HAS THIS THING KALLED A MEMORY CARD

MEMORY

IT LEARNZ

IT MAKEZ SENSE LOLOLOLOLOL

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yes, they evolve as you do. They are taking notes and adjusting to your playstyle. They will tech your dairs, chain grab you and even gimp you soon. They evolve even more quickly on wii consoles.
If you run the game via Dolphin on a supercomputer, they actually gain consciousness and will soon learn to beat anyone 100% of the time.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
If you run the game via Dolphin on a supercomputer, they actually gain consciousness and will soon learn to beat anyone 100% of the time.
The next Smash game should actually have an AI like that. The console will have to weigh a few tonnes though.

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
one time my lvl 6 falcon and lvl 9 fox wombo comboed me. i sharted

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
My CPU's are frigging dumb. They haven't learned anything :| They're so annoying and precise though. They gimp like mad. Actually my fox downthrows to shine.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
My CPU's are frigging dumb. They haven't learned anything :| They're so annoying and precise though. They gimp like mad. Actually my fox downthrows to shine.
All Foxes do that. It's because the down throw makes shine the perfect thing to do, based on the list of options it goes through.

unknown522

Some guy
KK post -

I wonder if someone could do an AR video using attacks and other actions to manipulate the CPU's AI into doing basic tech skill stuff.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
KK post -

I wonder if someone could do an AR video using attacks and other actions to manipulate the CPU's AI into doing basic tech skill stuff.
You could just control the computer by using the AR code to control any slot.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Yes, in Smash Workshop it was confirmed that CPU's cannot learn, because their button inputs are not stored in replay data.

Funny, though.

Top Bottom