• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr-R is too good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staco

Smash Champion

Staco

Smash Champion
He's pretty good

Btw MikeHaze is still better
I acutally dont think so, but we dont know until european brawlers play american brawlers.
You shouldnt do the same mistake like you did to armada. ;)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
dont make the mistake of judging it by one tourney
Neh Ramin is ****.

However, his playstyle is easily identifiable. Risky DS, lotsa pivots etc. He still has a long way to go.

MikeHaze is just lulz. I always fail to understand many of the things he does (for which he get's punished, too) yet he beats the crap out of everyone.

Nonsensical post in which no one is interested ends here, MikeHaze > Ramin.

Staco

Smash Champion
Yeah, I often see Marths doing some stupid stuff for which they get punished. xD
His DSs arent risky, he does DS, if it gets a really good chance to hit.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No way that Mr-R is as good or even better than MikeHaze or NEO lmao. That would mean that Kaos is around M2Ks level, which is absurd.

:059:

∫unk

Smash Master
i want to see mr r play well known people

there's already a bunch of things i see the mk do that i wouldnt do (not safe/not good for the matchup)

not knowing what to do when mr r approached was a huge one (not knowing how to camp)

no tornado is a another big one

no homo full hop aerials is another big one

terrible air dodging habits is another one

this looks like a friendly more than gf

that said, mr r is really smart you can tell from the vids his adjustment on spacing is amazing

until he proves himself he wont be mikehaze/neo good

and mikehaze is all tricks/mindgames thats why you don't know what he's doing most of the time. it's just a huge mind****.

neo i haven't seen play for a long time but he's just one smooth flowing **** machine the last time i saw him. you kinda know what he's doing but he ***** you anyway since he mixes up so well.

mr r's style reminds me of kadaj/havok the most.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Neh Ramin is ****.

However, his playstyle is easily identifiable. Risky DS, lotsa pivots etc. He still has a long way to go.

MikeHaze is just lulz. I always fail to understand many of the things he does (for which he get's punished, too) yet he beats the crap out of everyone.

Nonsensical post in which no one is interested ends here, MikeHaze > Ramin.
I know that my playstyle is risky, but thats how i pressure ppl, also i dont see whats wrong with pivot grabs, as u can see that almost none of them failed, as for the DS, i agree with u i should do that less especially against mk, and this whole mr.R mikehaze thing doesnt make sense, one tourney doesnt prove anything and i havent even played anyone from the USA yet,

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
He's really good, he uses autocancelling nairs and fairs for combos and is good @ reading people.sucks he lost he's very entertaining

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Looked like that Meta Knight was learning the matchup as the set went on, haha.

Or maybe he was learning the Mr-R matchup. I saw like a billion cute gimmicks in the first game.

C.J.

Smash Master
Yeah Mr. R definitely has a ton of nice gimmicks (kill @ 2:00 in 1st match was awesome, lol) but as the set went on... well they didn't work anymore. In the 5th game Kaos finally started playing the MU right. He's definitely a great Marth, but, after seeing the 5th match, he is definitely not at Mike's level yet.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I know that my playstyle is risky, but thats how i pressure ppl, also i dont see whats wrong with pivot grabs, as u can see that almost none of them failed, as for the DS, i agree with u i should do that less especially against mk, and this whole mr.R mikehaze thing doesnt make sense, one tourney doesnt prove anything and i havent even played anyone from the USA yet,
Nothing wrong with pivot grabs, just noting that they are there :p

Comparison with MikeHaze was entirely judgmental, personal and perhaps wrong. Just noting what I'm thinking.

Don't worry, I still love you <3

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
Btw those texture/stage/music hacks were ****in ****,all grand finals should look that cool

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Yeah Mr. R definitely has a ton of nice gimmicks (kill @ 2:00 in 1st match was awesome, lol) but as the set went on... well they didn't work anymore. In the 5th game Kaos finally started playing the MU right. He's definitely a great Marth, but, after seeing the 5th match, he is definitely not at Mike's level yet.
As the matches flew by, not only did kaos get to know the match up better, i kinda lost my focus and starting **** up my spacing by doing fast falling fairs and more up b's ( that dont work against mk ),

aside from that I think the kill at 2.00 is a true combo i did it like 5 times and kaos couldn't escape it once, he told me he tried everything and still couldnt get out of it, anyway i havent tested it yet and i probably wont since i have no one here to test it with but i suppose someone here can test it out, im not sure it'll work but its worth a shot

Staco

Smash Champion
I dont think that you can compare ramin vs. kaos with mikehaze vs. m2k, gheb.
M2K plays the MU really easy, he just uses tornado as often as possible and mike doesnt get around it. M2K doesnt have to use a lot of other moves vs. Mikehaze and so he doesnt even try to use less tornado.
Vs. Ramin M2K couldnt use tornado that often, so he had to play different than vs. mikehaze.

And we dont know how M2K plays vs. Marth without using tornado that much.

Mr-R is a great Marth: he uses tricks and stuff, which no other Marth uses and it finally works.
We cant compare him to the us until they played, but you shouldnt rate them, before they played/played the same people.

In Melee there is also a big difference between the american and the european playstyle, so it cant be rated from videos. (some people did before genesis and almost everyone was surprised from the results; dont to the same mistake again, just dont say stuff like A is better than B, if they never played the same persons/each other)

We should just try not to rate any1, before they really played, espeacally stuff like:
europe vs. america vs. japan

And in the startpost I didnt want to say that ramin is better than mike, I just said, that he uses some tricks, which no other Marth (even mike and neo) use.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
No way that Mr-R is as good or even better than MikeHaze or NEO lmao. That would mean that Kaos is around M2Ks level, which is absurd.

:059:
Inui logic right. But seriously, Ramin didn't adapt very well the last matches to be honest. Also, Kaos didn't seem to know the matchup very well.

By the way, MikeHAZE plays differently, but not way better or anything. M2k approaches MikeHAZE with shields and MikeHAZE reads those or tricks (mindgames) him into using shields. I think Ramin should play a bit safer, but he's really solid.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Inui logic right. But seriously, Ramin didn't adapt very well the last matches to be honest. Also, Kaos didn't seem to know the matchup very well.

By the way, MikeHAZE plays differently, but not way better or anything.
I think its fair to say that everyone from USA is better than me untill i prove otherwise, and if thats the case i really dun mind so stop discussing it , and i know what i did wrong the last matches

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Nice matches, one of my favorite Marths to watch now :)

And yeah, the MK looked like he had no Marth MU experience. :|

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I think its fair to say that everyone from USA is better than me untill i prove otherwise, and if thats the case i really dun mind so stop discussing it , and i know what i did wrong the last matches
There's no way to compare, so saying the opposite can't be disproven anyway.

K@0S

Smash Ace

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I tried going zss first match in GF but that horribly failed XDD

C.J.

Smash Master
Kaos, DB1 ALWAYS gives you a frame disadvantage unless your opponent has a stun jacket on... So, while 1st hit nair->usmash is legit, DB1->1st hit nair can be escaped.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Mr. R is not bad people. I agree with Jumpman. He has a solid Marth. Unless you guys saying Mr. R's game has so many gimmicks like pivot grab can explain why it's bad, then don't bash it. I mean, even if K@OS didn't know the match-up(not going to judge skill level) it worked. I'm pretty sure a good player does what works.

I am interested how Mr. R would do against some other top level players though like someone else said(too lazy to go back and look at who said it). But some of you guys need to think before you say something. Neo is known for pivot grabbing a ****ton. Mike is known for charging an up-smash against someone on the ledge. Can they be punished? Hell ya. But usually they pull if off because they're using it in a situation where it does work.

Honestly this isn't specific to just Mr. R. It's just something that's been bugging me about what some people are saying on these boards. Stop telling people elitistly that they're not that good if you can't explain why they're not good properly. Gimmicks aren't "bad" to use if they work. Tell someone not to use it(or I guess you can tell them just to make sure they're aware of it if you're just looking out for them) when it DOESN'T work but they keep trying it.

This post isn't about me saying Mr. R is too good or the opposite. I'm just saying actually think about what you're posting if you're saying someone's not good. They might just be doing it because it worked. It's like one time I asked Lee Martin why his Marth always ended with the down variation of DB in a set if they didn't DI out of it. Because they didn't DI out of it! X_X

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Wow @ how ridiculous this thread is

Staco, HOP OFF.

Mr. R is good, he has good consistency in his control and doesn't take very many risks. He's got good speed and some decent baits

But the MK? Kaos I don't know if this is your first time playing a Marth, but you have no defense, no traps, no mix ups, NO READS, horrible air dodge habits and like no edge guards. You may as well not even be playing in some of the matches. MK's gay defense is why Marth doesn't win the match up in general and you don't have any, jesus.

And taking all of this into consideration he STILL LOSES the set and you cheerleaders still have the nerve to place him on Mike's level.

How come people are so annoying for their region? I don't do that, a lot of EC doesn't do that. It seems like it's mostly Texas and Europe.

This thread is like Roy_R vs Ultimate Razer Rd.1 LOLLLLLLLLLL

My MK is better than yours at this match btw

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Wow @ how ridiculous this thread is

Staco, HOP OFF.

Mr. R is good, he has good consistency in his control and doesn't take very many risks. He's got good speed and some decent baits

But the MK? Kaos I don't know if this is your first time playing a Marth, but you have no defense, no traps, no mix ups, NO READS, horrible air dodge habits and like no edge guards. You may as well not even be playing in some of the matches. MK's gay defense is why Marth doesn't win the match up in general and you don't have any, jesus.

And taking all of this into consideration he STILL LOSES the set and you cheerleaders still have the nerve to place him on Mike's level.

How come people are so annoying for their region? I don't do that, a lot of EC doesn't do that. It seems like it's mostly Texas and Europe.

This thread is like Roy_R vs Ultimate Razer Rd.1 LOLLLLLLLLLL

My MK is better than yours at this match btw

I kinda agree with u, i dont think this thread was neccicary at all , however dont judge kaos on just the first match, as for this whole europe vs america thing, i couldnt care less, I dont even know why ppl are comparing me with american players, i think the main reason is becuz some of the europeans simply want to point out that europe is not as bad as 90 % of the americans think,

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
The only reason anybody ever says Europe is bad is because they often showcase good players vs bad/inexperienced players that exaggerate their talent. Threads like this one are why Europe gets ****. People who post so biased and ignorantly like Staco does set you guys back.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Who's Neo?????????

But yeah Mr.R your def. on the right track and your Marth is pretty solid.

I also like what you tried to pull off on PS1 I wont say what exactly it is but I'll just say Scanned and Xeroxed

Also try and work on your defensive game a bit there were times when the MK was hitting you and you just looked lost for a second

one more thing MikeHAZE v Mr. R debate so not needed

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I also like what you tried to pull off on PS1 I wont say what exactly it is but I'll just say Scanned and Xeroxed
That windmill stuff was pretty cool. I find people are bouncing off the top of the windmill pretty often. It's a cool little gimmick to do: DB ending up so they fall flat on the ground in front of you, first hit of jab lock to space if neccessary, then tipper fsmash. Would have been sick if you pulled it off. =]

Did I hit the nail on the head kadaj? <3

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
He's better than average for sure but a little to flashy in my opinion. No where near Mike or Neo. But with practice i bet he could be at their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom