• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most overrated character

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
uh......... MK, the one who is ranked #1 even though there is probably no sure #1, and if there was it wouldn't be MK
Yeah, true, I wish I could change my name too because Meta Knight wasn't as good as I thought he would be; and he's overrated as hell. I'll stick with Yoshi or Samus/ZSS any day.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
im a new but ..
S.O.L.I.D you rmaking a big fool out of yourself IMO man.. i agree metaknight is way overrated, DONT YOU FREAKIN LISTEN WHAT HE SAYS.. HE SAID NEW STRATEGIES COME MAN.. DONT YOU GET IT.. WHEN BRAWL FIRST CAME OUT NOBODY THOUGHT MK WAS THE BEST.. MAYBE IN A YEAR OR SO GANONDORF MIGHT HAVE A ULTIMATE SUPREME MASTER TIER FOR HIMSELF AT THE TOP..
sorry for my rant
lol?

I wish Ganon would rule the top tiers. The guy isn't saying MK is overrated, MK's freaking broken in most cases! He's not to the point where you can't beat any skilled player that uses him, he's just got way to much going for him.

Vect0r

Smash Journeyman
MK, Peach, Falco, Wario, and Olimar. ESPECIALLY Olimar. I hate him.

DK isn't overrated. In fact Diddy used to be VERY underrated along with him. But ever since Diddy Kong went higher in tier lists he got more popular. DK didn't get much more attention, despite being pretty awesome.

Oh and speaking of Diddy receiving more attention (though well deserved), ever since Wario was declared 3rd highest in tier lists, he was suddenly more popular. Definite proof that people get influenced way too easily by tier lists. Before that nobody cared about him, now everybody's all over Wario like he's the second coming of Meta Jesus. He's not even that good. Sure he's good, but D3 is still better by a mile. Wario has these weird moves and specials that don't seem to help at all. He's only got the advantage of being both quite heavy and fast at the same time.

day-day

Smash Ace
MK, Peach, Falco, Wario, and Olimar. ESPECIALLY Olimar. I hate him.

DK isn't overrated. In fact Diddy used to be VERY underrated along with him. But ever since Diddy Kong went higher in tier lists he got more popular. DK didn't get much more attention, despite being pretty awesome.

Oh and speaking of Diddy receiving more attention (though well deserved), ever since Wario was declared 3rd highest in tier lists, he was suddenly more popular. Definite proof that people get influenced way too easily by tier lists. Before that nobody cared about him, now everybody's all over Wario like he's the second coming of Meta Jesus. He's not even that good. Sure he's good, but D3 is still better by a mile. Wario has these weird moves and specials that don't seem to help at all. He's only got the advantage of being both quite heavy and fast at the same time.
Lol at Meta Jesus :laugh:. Wario's pretty good if used just right

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Everyone knows tier lists are just a popularity contest.
YES, BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS TIER LISTS ARE JUST POPULARITY CONTESTS, AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH TOURNAMENT RESULTS.

****, I'm convinced.

caps

Abbra Cadav3r

Smash Cadet
i dont think falco is overated, he can lock down with lasers and phantasm, he also has shine that out prioritizes everything and he doesnt have to aproach to deal damage. I think olimar is over rated as hell, he has pikmin spam throw and thats it, he doesnt have the reach to deal with anyone even with pikmin.

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
Olimar is really annoying, he's hard to approach, you have to know the matchup,and he takes skill to play. That's why I don't think he's overrated.

FUNKLAB

Smash Cadet
Ganondorf is extremely over rated. He belongs in J tier, at best.
I lol'ed, but seriously, Wario is overrated. I mean, 3rd on the tier list? A bit too high if you ask me. He's a great overall character, but I find fighting Falco's much more difficult.

Volkner582

Smash Journeyman
Yes, because you know nothing about tier lists and the criteria top characters need to meet.

Snake is not better than Meta Knight.
Tier lists are derived from the number of people using the character, or am I talking about something else?

ragnellrager

Smash Rookie
Olimar sickens me. Captain Falcon is just a laugh, and although MK is a powerful character he is definetly not the best.

OMNIKIDXXX

Smash Cadet
LOL there are still people who want to ban MK? Thats pretty pathetic IMO. Metaknight is not overrated, any SENSIBLE person on this website knows that he deserves top spot, but will not say he is unbeatable. I dont see people on SWF anymore who are for a Metaknight ban at this point.

Anyway, most overrated IMO is probably Lucario. I mean he isnt thought of as godly, but I never understood what really made him mid-high material. His attacks seem a little to laggy for my taste, and his recovery seems risky, so I personally think he should be like top of C tier or something =\
play a pro lucario,, he def deserves his spot
ill agree with u on meta knight deserving his spot,,he's good,,but he is stilll overrated and not godly like people make him out to b,,and isnt good enough to b ban worhty =D

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Ike. My friends go on and on about how awesome he is. He seems waay too slow for me to like.

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
I used to think Diddy...until I played some actually good ones. :p Now i think it's definitely King Dedede. (It may be 'cuz I play Pika though.) But I've never had a problem against D3s.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
MK is overrated, the fact people think he has an advantage against snake, wario, ics, diddy, lucario, i just dont know..and also the fact people still believe hes top tier makes me wanna roll on the floor and laugh while jacking off to how good snake is.

im not kidding

Jobes

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna say Dedede is overrated. Yea he can CG and throw his little goons, but he should be lower on the tier list.

Top Bottom